PDA

View Full Version : Council Darts

sambajustice
08-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Why is it on ESPN and not the BBC??

DaveF
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
It appears to be some sort of split coverage as it was on BBC2 earlier this afternoon?

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Cannae get into it at all.

sambajustice
10-01-2012, 08:25 PM
So it looks like its on BBC during the day and ESPN at night?

thats a bit pointless! Pretty much the only BDO tournament on the tv in the whole year and its not even on telly at a sensible time!

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Have any of them hit a double yet? :greengrin

Can't believe they play this the week after the real darts - it makes them look really humpty after 2 weeks of watching Wade, Anderson, Lewis banging in 180s.

They'd be better shifting it to a different time of year - either a week or so earlier than the PDC or to Easter or something.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Impressed with O'Shea tonight.....Adams needs to up his game if he wants to retain his title

Speedy
10-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Why is it on ESPN and not the BBC??

Money grabbing bar stewards :duck:

Sir David Gray
11-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Have any of them hit a double yet? :greengrin

Can't believe they play this the week after the real darts - it makes them look really humpty after 2 weeks of watching Wade, Anderson, Lewis banging in 180s.

They'd be better shifting it to a different time of year - either a week or so earlier than the PDC or to Easter or something.

:agree: I've watched bits from a couple of matches so far and the standard that I've seen is awful, in comparison with some of the matches that were on during Christmas.

Baldy Foghorn
12-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Impressed with O'Shea tonight.....Adams needs to up his game if he wants to retain his title

Some darts tonight by O'Shea, cracking 170 finish, that was good viewing

sambajustice
15-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Final.

"Some Murder Boy" versus "Whae?"

This is the first match i've watched of this championship because of it being on ESPN!! Little enough people watch this nonsense and it'll be even fewer now because its not all been on the BBC.

I actually wanted to switch it off as soon as i heard that knob Colm Murray or whatever his name is! I actually cant watch MOTD2 now because of him. Whoever gave him a job needs to have good long hard look at themselves. Infact, it was probably Petrie that interviewed him and gave him the job!

Awwwww FFS!! As i write this its just gone off air!!! What a joke! LOL

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Quite enjoyed that final, delighted to see O'Shea lose, not as much as when Hankey lost though!

Pretty Boy
17-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I see Hankey has officially joined the PDC.

Hearn has been after him for years.

In fairness I can see why. Decent player and love him or loathe him he's the kind of character that gets the crowd going.

HibbyAndy
17-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Why are Painter and Hamilton in the premier league darts?????? Surely Paul Nicholson and Wes Newton should be in, They are higher ranked???

DaveF
19-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Why are Painter and Hamilton in the premier league darts?????? Surely Paul Nicholson and Wes Newton should be in, They are higher ranked???

Agree with that Andy.

Painter seems to be the current PDC love child - one good tournament and he's the bee's knees.

Hamilton is a crushing bore, and I hate watching him.

HibbyAndy
19-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Agree with that Andy.

Painter seems to be the current PDC love child - one good tournament and he's the bee's knees.

Hamilton is a crushing bore, and I hate watching him.

:agree:

Hamilton bores me to tears Dave!.