PDA

View Full Version : rubbish

woody47
07-01-2012, 05:06 PM
How bad were we today? With a performance like this we are going down. There is just no heart in the team. 2nd to most balls. Tackles that were so lacking in conviction that it was embarassing. Cant believe i spent good money to watch this.

Beefster
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I wasn't at the game but a win's a win when we're so bad.

I was shocked at the stats on the BBC though. Less shots and possession.

Eyrie
07-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I'll take any win regardless of the manner right now.

But hopefully coming from a goal down to lead 3-1 and then hold off a comeback by the opposition will give the players a confidence boost going into next week's game.

Phil MaGlass
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
FFS.... can yi no just get behind the team:confused: teams at a low and all we can do is complain, they know where its going wrong and trying their best to change things.....

Beefster
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
FFS.... can yi no just get behind the team:confused: teams at a low and all we can do is complain, they know where its going wrong and trying their best to change things.....

Presumably the OP was at the game, getting behind the team.

Saorsa
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
We're in the next round FFS!

PF now has a bit of time tae add tae the team and have a go a sorting things a bit before the next game or next round.

BoltonHibee
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
We're in the next round FFS!

PF now has a bit of time tae add tae the team and have a go a sorting things a bit before the next game or next round.

When is the draw for next round and when are the games played?

archiebald
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Will take 3-2 win any day of week-no matter how we play
that how you win cups its called confidence
ps did you stay till end if we were that bad ? :hibees

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-01-2012, 05:20 PM
When is the draw for next round and when are the games played?

Monday/4th Feb.

hibby67
07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
How bad were we today? With a performance like this we are going down. There is just no heart in the team. 2nd to most balls. Tackles that were so lacking in conviction that it was embarassing. Cant believe i spent good money to watch this.

:rolleyes:

Gmack7
07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
i hope we are ***** and win 3 . 2 next week and the next round(sign o a good team apparently)

Hibs Class
07-01-2012, 05:30 PM
At 3.01pm I would certainly have taken 2-3. Probably would have taken it at 2.59pm as well.

Mikey
07-01-2012, 05:41 PM

:top marks

woody47
07-01-2012, 05:41 PM

I always stay to the end. Will always support them and confidence thing or not doesnt detract from the half hearted way we are playing.

Joe
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
That was vital, ok it was only Cowdenbeath but away from home against a team full of confidence and lets not forget the players we were missing/resting. We just needed to break the constant run of defeats and doom and gloom. We will have O'Connor, Stack and Osbourne back next week and hoefully have a signing with a bit of talent ahead of the big game next week.

In Fenlon we trust! :hibees

coco22
07-01-2012, 05:43 PM
We know we are arguably the worst team in the SPL and IMHO this is the worst and consistently poor team Hibs team I can remember, but let's cut them a bit slack. Today was a huge hurdle and yes we crawled over the winning line but let's not knock the wind completely out of their sails. Any type of win is a hundred times better than a defeat and with the addition of a couple of reasonable (because that's all we can hope for) players we might just put some daylight between ourselves and Dunfermline. A bit breathing space there might work wonders for our confidence which is rock bottom.

QMU-1875
07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Cant believe the negativity with the fans at the moment, yes were playing poorly but even after a win where for spells we played some great football we cant see any positives from it! Doyle scores on his debut and griffiths scored a cracker, hopefully these two have some confidence and keep this up! Less of the negativity mon the hibees! :pfgwa

DaveF
07-01-2012, 05:55 PM
A difficult surface, a howling gale and serious confidence problems and no sign of Scott, Palsson, O'Connor and Osbourne, I'm happy enough with that win.

If we can get a few new players in during this window, things will be looking up.

Hibby Bairn
07-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I thought we played well today but for some reason fell right out of the game in the last 20 mins or so. Up until then we totally controlled it and I was amazed we didn't go onto to score 4 or 5.

Bar the last 20 (again!)...well played hibs.

Lago
07-01-2012, 05:57 PM

If this is the best you can do can I suggest you keep your money in your pocket, then we won't have to read drivil like this.

mickki40
07-01-2012, 06:04 PM
It's the cup, no easy games...ask Hearts. I am happy with a next round game.

col02
07-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I do not think Hibs were rubbish today as we have to show respect to Cowdenbeath who have been flying in their league. Hibs did what they had to do and even if they had won convincingly there would still be a group on here saying something along the lines it is what should have been expected anyway. One thing that struck me today was how young our team is if you take the likes of Sproule, O'Hanlon, Hart and Brown out of the starting line up. Even with these guys included our average age must have been about 24 or thereabouts. In spite of this we have fans wanting youth to be given a chance when in reality we do not give our own young players a chance! Bring on the Par's next week! :pfgwa

IFONLY
07-01-2012, 06:08 PM

Have a word with yourself, we have been dismal for weeks unable to buy a win but when we finally win you go on about us being rubbish. It was always going to be a difficult tie,many people in the know including professional tipsters where putting this down as a home win.I agree it was`nt the greatest of performances but we are in the next round with a chance to progress dependant on the opposition, so lay of a bit.

HFC 0-7
07-01-2012, 06:08 PM
It's the cup, no easy games...ask Hearts. I am happy with a next round game.

Ross County and Dundee Utd would disagree!

Aldo
07-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Cup league whatever a win is a win in my book at the moment. Is the OP Gonnae complain if we win 3-2 next week.

I frankly do give a flying F how we achieve it as long as we WIN. ENDOF

TheEastTerrace
07-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Hibs were comfortable at 3-1 up but the nervousness and panic when they pulled one back was palpable. Players started misplacing passes and instead of taking the sting out of the game by keeping the ball, we resorted to hoofball.

A win is a win though and I suspect Fenlon has identified where Hibs need solidity and improvement

FWIW I think Doyle showed promise and Stevenson was ok. As much as I like the guy, I'd be surprised if Sproule is here next season. Our defence needs two solid centre backs as well

Pretty Boy
07-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Just back from the game.

We where by no means rubbish today but we where also never comfortable, as some have suggested. A hard fought win.against 2nd rate opponents isn't going to.convince me there isn't a hell of a lot of work to do.

And at the risk of starting a witch hunt, how totally pish is Sproule? Would be lucky to get a game for Cowdebath based on todays showing.

On a more positive note, Doyle looks a decent player, especially.when he gets a game or 2 under his belt.

hibee92
07-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I'd take a pish poor performance and a win every week

down the slope
07-01-2012, 06:47 PM
it could be worse, what about the yams ?, they spend hundreds of thousand a week and just beat a junior team at home . a win is a win and if we can build on that with the addition of a few experienced players we will be ok.

lucky
07-01-2012, 06:51 PM

How rubbish is your post? We lost a silly early goal played some decent football to get back into the game and battled to win the game in a gale force wind. Not silky football but cup football is about winning. We are in the next round thats the important thing.

On a side note how bad was the ref? He gave them fouls that weren't and was desperate to be the center of attention.

BEEJ
07-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Unbelievable that someone should start a thread like this when virtually everyone in Scotland seemed to be expecting us not to be in the draw for the next round of the SC on Monday.

A cup tie away to a club high on confidence and scoring goals for fun in their league would be a task for any SPL side, even one performing consistently well.

We've negotiated it. Result. No egg on face. Job done. Credit where credit is due. Let's see who we get in the next round.

Meantime, we can expect / hope for a couple of new faces this week as PF turns this side around.

Cheer up, for pity's sake!

Hibercelona
07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm happy we won the game today obviously.

But i'm not buying this whole "confident boost" thing. I can't see us playing any better next week. But I suppose time can only tell.

Hibs Class
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM

But i'm not buying this whole "confident boost" thing. I can't see us playing any better next week. But I suppose time can only tell.

Fortunately next Saturday we are not playing Barcelona, merely a Dunfermline team who drew 1-1 against a team that played with ten men for two thirds of the game. I think we at least have a chance :rolleyes:.

Cropley10
07-01-2012, 07:08 PM
it could be worse, what about the yams ?, they spend hundreds of thousand a week and just beat a junior team at home . a win is a win and if we can build on that with the addition of a few experienced players we will be ok.

Very good point.

I Love Lamp
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
As someone who wasn't at the game, I'm not going to question the analysis of someone who was. You're also, in my book, entitled to say what you like on the forums. While I don't think it's good to boo and shout abuse at the games, I think anything criticism on here is perfectly legit and does not amount to a failure to get behind the team because the team and manager don't, or certainly shouldn't, read the forums.

Ultimately the only thing that will change the opinions on the messageboards is when players show some effort and professionalism for 90 mins on a consistent basis. They've won the game today and avoided an embarrassment but to expect everyone to fall over themselves to offer praise, untempered by constructive criticism, for a victory which should've been totally straightforward when you look at the Aberdeen, Dundee United and St J results, is beyond ridiculous.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 07:40 PM
For almost 20 minutes of today's match, we were heading out of the Scottish Cup, so the fact that we are in the draw for the next round is a real positive, especially when you consider that everyone was looking to our match today as the game that was most likely to produce a shock.

It was by no means a classic, but then I don't think it was ever likely to be one. What did annoy me was that, at 3-2 up, for the last 15 minutes we invited so much pressure onto us. When we're in a winning position like that with so little time left, we need to be a little bit smarter and do the simple things.

We should have been the team playing for corners and free kicks and yet it was Cowdenbeath who were getting them.

We've come through a potential banana skin and whilst I don't think we're out of the woods yet by any manner of means, as next week will be a completely different story, hopefully this win will have given the players some much needed confidence.

On another positive, hopefully that will be the last time I ever have to go to Central Park. What a tip. :bitchy:

fife hfc
07-01-2012, 07:44 PM
After the first 19 seconds I was happy to walk out of Central park with Hibs in the next round. We all know how the team is at the moment but if we had a bit of confidence we would have went onto score a few more rather than worrying about defending the lead. Plus points have to be Doyle, Stevenson and Griffiths (though the bloody TV gantry made it hard to see alot of the game). I agree that Sproule was poor as was Galbraith and O'hanlon, but it was a game I feared we would lose so even though it was far from perfect we won and that is all that matters.

TheEastTerrace
07-01-2012, 07:46 PM
For almost 20 minutes of today's match, we were heading out of the Scottish Cup, so the fact that we are in the draw for the next round is a real positive, especially when you consider that everyone was looking to our match today as the game that was most likely to produce a shock.

It was by no means a classic, but then I don't think it was ever likely to be one. What did annoy me was that, at 3-2 up, for the last 15 minutes we invited so much pressure onto us. When we're in a winning position like that with so little time left, we need to be a little bit smarter and do the simple things.

We should have been the team playing for corners and free kicks and yet it was Cowdenbeath who were getting them.

We've come through a potential banana skin and whilst I don't think we're out of the woods yet by any manner of means, as next week will be a completely different story, hopefully this win will have given the players some much needed confidence.

On another positive, hopefully that will be the last time I ever have to go to Central Park. What a tip. :bitchy:

Couldn't agree more, my £15 certainly wasn't paying for the facilities!

Although £2.30 for a Guinness in the local was a pleasant plus. :greengrin

nortonhibby
07-01-2012, 07:48 PM
That was vital, ok it was only Cowdenbeath but away from home against a team full of confidence and lets not forget the players we were missing/resting. We just needed to break the constant run of defeats and doom and gloom. We will have O'Connor, Stack and Osbourne back next week and hoefully have a signing with a bit of talent ahead of the big game next week.

In Fenlon we trust! :hibees

Exactly we scored 3 goals away from home and its Paddys first Win:flag:now for the big one next week its a 6 pointer in Paddy we must trust.:pfgwa

Jim44
07-01-2012, 07:50 PM

A wee confidence boost is not going transform a rank rotten team overnight but it has to be a step in the right direction when your confidence is zilch. Take Dunfermline for example. I saw them come back from 2-0 down at EE Park and then saw them take the lead against us at ER. They don't have any players who are better than ours but the transformation in their approach to the game was plain to see in both these games.

essexhibee
07-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Im glad we showed some fight today in coming back from a goal down against a team who are flying. We got the job done.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Im glad we showed some fight today in coming back from two goals down against a team who are flying. We got the job done.

Two goals down? :confused:

essexhibee
07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Two goals down? :confused:

Ignore me :greengrin EDIT.

coco22
07-01-2012, 08:03 PM
A wee confidence boost is not going transform a rank rotten team overnight but it has to be a step in the right direction when your confidence is zilch. Take Dunfermline for example. I saw them come back from 2-0 down at EE Park and then saw them take the lead against us at ER. They don't have any players who are better than ours but the transformation in their approach to the game was plain to see in both these games.

the pars have a a manager who was / is able to change tactics in response to identifying weaknesses in the opposition - a measure of our predictability and CCs tactical cluelessless. i think the game at EE will be a different kettle of fish, PF will have the lads up for it and we now have a couple of guys who have scored in recent weeks to boost the confidence. also any welcome new additions...?

matty_f
07-01-2012, 08:12 PM
the pars have a a manager who was / is able to change tactics in response to identifying weaknesses in the opposition - a measure of our predictability and CCs tactical cluelessless. i think the game at EE will be a different kettle of fish, PF will have the lads up for it and we now have a couple of guys who have scored in recent weeks to boost the confidence. also any welcome new additions...?

The Pars manager can't be that good at it - they're below us in the league! :agree:

BEEJ
07-01-2012, 08:12 PM
As someone who wasn't at the game, I'm not going to question the analysis of someone who was. You're also, in my book, entitled to say what you like on the forums. While I don't think it's good to boo and shout abuse at the games, I think anything criticism on here is perfectly legit and does not amount to a failure to get behind the team because the team and manager don't, or certainly shouldn't, read the forums.

Ultimately the only thing that will change the opinions on the messageboards is when players show some effort and professionalism for 90 mins on a consistent basis. They've won the game today and avoided an embarrassment but to expect everyone to fall over themselves to offer praise, untempered by constructive criticism, for a victory which should've been totally straightforward when you look at the Aberdeen, Dundee United and St J results, is beyond ridiculous.
Eh?

St Johnstone beat Brechin City 2-1 - at home!

Why is that somehow deemed to be a superior result to ours?

IWasThere2016
07-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Eh?

St Johnstone beat Brechin City 2-1 - at home!

Why is that somehow deemed to be a superior result to ours?

10 man Brechin also.

basehibby
07-01-2012, 08:52 PM

Unbelievable!

This morning 90% of the posts on here were predicting a defeat. The team go and get the win - 100% of what is required in a tricky cup tie - and your reaction is "Rubbish"

Just exactly what result did you expect? 5,6,7 nil???

Just where have you been over the last few years if that's your reaction to successfully negotiating a tricky away cup tie vs a team riding high in a lower division???

Do you not see ANY improvement from when we got KO'd by Ayr Utd this time last year - or Ross County the year before? If so why not recognise it instead of indulging in negative pish?!?

Famous Fiver
07-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Woody

Show us your medals!!!

H113EE5
07-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Just back from the game.

We where by no means rubbish today but we where also never comfortable, as some have suggested. A hard fought win.against 2nd rate opponents isn't going to.convince me there isn't a hell of a lot of work to do.

And at the risk of starting a witch hunt, how totally pish is Sproule? Would be lucky to get a game for Cowdebath based on todays showing.

On a more positive note, Doyle looks a decent player, especially.when he gets a game or 2 under his belt.

Totally agree.... not as bad as I expected. Actually, on the odd occasion they looked OK and you couldn't say that over the past few weeks.

To the Sproule comment, you can add Galbraith.

Lang Toun hibby
07-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Unbelievable that someone should start a thread like this when virtually everyone in Scotland seemed to be expecting us not to be in the draw for the next round of the SC on Monday.

A cup tie away to a club high on confidence and scoring goals for fun in their league would be a task for any SPL side, even one performing consistently well.

We've negotiated it. Result. No egg on face. Job done. Credit where credit is due. Let's see who we get in the next round.

Meantime, we can expect / hope for a couple of new faces this week as PF turns this side around.

Cheer up, for pity's sake!

Agrred. Low on confidence, very poor defence, lightweight midfield, a ground which should not be allowed re safety, toilets, viewing etc, very strong cold wind, lose a goal from kick of f- all the ingredients of another Hibs loss in the cup to a small team. Been there a number of times. So we have two skilled guys who put us back in the game and Wotherspoon who tried hard today and scored for us to go 3-1 up against the wind which was always going to be a factor. For 20 mins in the second half the team played well and kept the ball onm the deck and there was plenty of fight. Enter O' Hanlon and his non tackle, the guy lifted it over his head and scored easly and then it was backs to the wall. We held out but just! This is where we need leaders a decent captain and a centre half (possibly) two a right back and 2 midfielders asap.
We need support even when we are garbage as the way forward. Well done Hibees.

Kato
07-01-2012, 09:03 PM
They've won the game today and avoided an embarrassment but to expect everyone to fall over themselves to offer praise, untempered by constructive criticism, for a victory which should've been totally straightforward when you look at the Aberdeen, Dundee United and St J results, is beyond ridiculous.

Who is expecting everyone to fall over themselves to offer praise, the players? Where did they say this?

jdships
07-01-2012, 09:03 PM
The Pars manager can't be that good at it - they're below us in the league! :agree:

You just beat me to that post :greengrin

stanton10
07-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Bang on.

coco22
07-01-2012, 09:54 PM
You just beat me to that post :greengrin

fair doos but they have outplayed us twice, obviously knowing where to hurt us

Jonnyboy
07-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Just back from the game.

Pish but nowhere near as pish as O'Hanlon.

smurf
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Pish but nowhere near as pish as O'Hanlon.

Tells us everything we need to know that CC had been after him for so long. He's a liability. As is quite a few others...

francobaresi
07-01-2012, 10:32 PM

To be fair, the pitch was dire the wind was atrocious and we won a potential banana skin 3-2, I'll take any win and thought they were p15h today... Good day out as far as we are concerned.. cr@p atmospehere amongst Hibees though...:rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Lets hope we don't have to play Div 2 teams every week :greengrin

Ferryhibby
08-01-2012, 12:35 AM
I wondered how long it would take before someone posted this......just proves what ive been saying for a while some of our fans are never satisfied. We are a team devoid of confidence, talent etc...we were top of everyones list for a cup shock today, going to a ****hole of a ground playing ateam who are flying in their division scoring for fun and playing with all the confidence of a championship winning team...after going behind to an early goal we came back to 3-1 then eventually winning 3-2 instead of scoring plenty we showed whats been lacking for ages now, loads of work and bottle to hang on for a much needed win, i dont care if its cowdenbeath or burntisland shipyard select...a wins a win especially in the cup, ask caley thistle,dunfermline,killie or dundee if theyd rather be in our position...hopefully the players can take some heart from this and start doing it in the league...also what a difference supporters being positive to the team makes.

Heckys Wheel
08-01-2012, 02:34 AM
I don't see the problem with calling a spade a spade. We were garbage today. We are garbage. We beat a team from a lower division because we have a couple of strikers who know where the goals are.

Our full backs are garbage, our centre halfs might be worse. Our centre midfielders should be bit part wingers in a poor first division team and both our wingers careers peaked 5 or 6 years ago.

If I'm paying good money to travel and watch that rubbish, standing biting my tongue in the "interests of the club", I'll sure as hell be having a say on here.

That. Was. Rubbish.

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't see the problem with calling a spade a spade. We were garbage today. We are garbage. We beat a team from a lower division because we have a couple of strikers who know where the goals are.

Our full backs are garbage, our centre halfs might be worse. Our centre midfielders should be bit part wingers in a poor first division team and both our wingers careers peaked 5 or 6 years ago.

If I'm paying good money to travel and watch that rubbish, standing biting my tongue in the "interests of the club", I'll sure as hell be having a say on here.

That. Was. Rubbish.
There's a big difference between mentioning in a post that despite the victory we continue to play sub-standard football (no shiit, Sherlock) and starting a thread entitled 'rubbish' within twenty minutes of the final whistle.

The world and his auntie was expecting or hoping that we would lose yesterday. We didn't. But rather than express relief and reflect positively on a banana skin avoided, the first thing one of our 'supporters' thinks of doing is highlighting the bleeding obvious and focussing on that?! :confused:

For the first time in weeks we have some positives to reflect on. Not an utterly fabulous performance, clearly. But after two years of utter hell we should seize upon this as the beginning of the long, slow climb back to a side that we recognise as Hibernian FC.

Instead someone starts this thread, almost as if they are disappointed we won. Like they were desperate to have a moan at the final whistle and so they will have their say anyway!

I can be as negative as the next guy; but I just don't get that mentality. It's a form of anti-support.

erin go bragh
08-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Would the op have preffered us to have played brilliant but lost ,we won ,we build on this win, get some quality in and push onward and upwards .

GGTTH

SMAXXA
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I havnt read all the previous posts just some of them so apologies if alrerady been mentioned,but I dont see why anyone would be shocked that we were rubbish (I wasnt there just going on what has been said on here), we have been all season with this same lot of players. Having seen the highlights and read reports seems Doyle was our best player, again should come as no shock as the rest have proven over a long period of time that they are poor and not good enough.

Of course we got the win and I dont care how we got it we are through thats what matters, but against a 2nd division side you would expect us to be relativly comfortable in dealing with this tie, regardless of league position for us and them, but unfortunatley this showing goes to strenghten the concensus of the majority of our fans is that the players in that team simply are not good enough.

Take the win and move on, I have no problem with the OP saying we were rubbish however you cant get away from the positives that we did win the tie, new sigining looks good and lets be honest the performance shouldnt really be much of a surprised to anyone with this current set of players.

I Love Lamp
08-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Who is expecting everyone to fall over themselves to offer praise, the players? Where did they say this?

The people on here who are criticising the op mainly - 'it's a win, be happy' is, for a club of hibs size, an appropriate response if you beat the old firm or hearts. To react with such an outpouring of relief after a win against lower league opposition consisting mainly of hearts and hibs rejects is over the score. And in response to those commenting on my inclusion of the st j result, I think the main point is that all those teams put away lower league opposition and even those that did it with flourish aren't turning somersaults about it. It was a win against a glorified pub team, big deal. The priority now is getting satisfactory results in the league. If the team does that, the messageboards will cheer up but yesterday's result in isolation won't do the trick.

BEEJ
08-01-2012, 10:55 PM
The people on here who are criticising the op mainly - 'it's a win, be happy' is, for a club of hibs size, an appropriate response if you beat the old firm or hearts. To react with such an outpouring of relief after a win against lower league opposition consisting mainly of hearts and hibs rejects is over the score. And in response to those commenting on my inclusion of the st j result, I think the main point is that all those teams put away lower league opposition and even those that did it with flourish aren't turning somersaults about it. It was a win against a glorified pub team, big deal. The priority now is getting satisfactory results in the league. If the team does that, the messageboards will cheer up but yesterday's result in isolation won't do the trick.
:hmmm:

Another reference to 'somersaults'. Two in the one evening.

Is 'somersaults' set to become the Hibs.net word of 2012??

JimBHibees
09-01-2012, 11:49 AM
There's a big difference between mentioning in a post that despite the victory we continue to play sub-standard football (no shiit, Sherlock) and starting a thread entitled 'rubbish' within twenty minutes of the final whistle.

The world and his auntie was expecting or hoping that we would lose yesterday. We didn't. But rather than express relief and reflect positively on a banana skin avoided, the first thing one of our 'supporters' thinks of doing is highlighting the bleeding obvious and focussing on that?! :confused:

For the first time in weeks we have some positives to reflect on. Not an utterly fabulous performance, clearly. But after two years of utter hell we should seize upon this as the beginning of the long, slow climb back to a side that we recognise as Hibernian FC.

Instead someone starts this thread, almost as if they are disappointed we won. Like they were desperate to have a moan at the final whistle and so they will have their say anyway!

I can be as negative as the next guy; but I just don't get that mentality. It's a form of anti-support.

Good post you can imagine the glee some people must have had when the 16 second goal went in however the team showed some character to win against a team who are doing well in their league, on a poor pitch on a windy day. In this instance any win was acceptable. Jeez I had wished we had struggled through against Ross County or Ayr by not playing well but winning. All that is important in the cup is getting through and hopefully giving the team some much needed confidence and also allow PF to improve the squad in the window.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2012, 12:11 PM
It is going to take a few more wins for the negative posts to stop; more than a unconvincing (ish) win against a second division team.

Totally agree with those who are saying that we should be happy with a win of any sort right now, it was a tough tie in the circumstances and would be happy to get a few more wins of any sort between now and the end of the season.

Is there anything wrong with calling it how it is though? We are still honking and a tight win over a second division, while welcome, does not change that.

Bohemian_Hibee
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Good post you can imagine the glee some people must have had when the 16 second goal went in however the team showed some character to win against a team who are doing well in their league, on a poor pitch on a windy day. In this instance any win was acceptable. Jeez I had wished we had struggled through against Ross County or Ayr by not playing well but winning. All that is important in the cup is getting through and hopefully giving the team some much needed confidence and also allow PF to improve the squad in the window.

:aok:

Yep, I'd agree with all that. It's a win, it's a start. Mind you, we're Hibs, we should have played Barcelona-esque style football and won 6-0 blah blah blah...

Joe Baker II
09-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Thought the performance was actually ok at times given the opposition were clearly well up for it though I do accept the first few minutes were abysmal. Think it is our first away win in Scottish Cup since 2006-07 when Collins was manager and more importantly, for an hour or so in difficult conditions, Hibs were reasonably comfortable I thought.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Thought the performance was actually ok at times given the opposition were clearly well up for it though I do accept the first few minutes were abysmal. Think it is our first away win in Scottish Cup since 2006-07 when Collins was manager and more importantly, for an hour or so in difficult conditions, Hibs were reasonably comfortable I thought.

Thought we were comfortable until they scored their second goal, then it was backs to the wall against the wind also

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2012, 02:48 PM

:agree::agree:

In the cup it doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win......