PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Rhodes

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Spurs, Reading, West Ham among other clubs scouting him tonight. He has just netted again to get his hat-trick.

On SS1 now if you don't know. 25 goals for him this season already!

This lad is going to be a HUGE player for Scotland. :thumbsup:

HH81
06-01-2012, 08:00 PM
4 for Rhodes now.....

Class in league 1.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2012, 08:00 PM
4 for Rhodes now.....

Class in league 1.

Wycombe are a pub team

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 08:02 PM
He is just unreal. :thumbsup:

seven nowt
06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
He's scored 5.

HH81
06-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Wycombe are a pub team

Yes not great, however, I attended the Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield game and he scored 4 that day too.

SquashedFrogg
06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
The boy is class.

Sad thing is he'll have to wait until Miller is 43 before he gets a proper run :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
26 goals in 23 games. :thumbsup:

macca70
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Spurs, Reading, West Ham among other clubs scouting him tonight. He has just netted again to get his hat-trick.

On SS1 now if you don't know. 25 goals for him this season already!

This lad is going to be a HUGE player for Scotland. :thumbsup:

Has he ever played for Hertz or Dundee United?! If not, there's nae chance Harry Potter will have him in his Scotland team.

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
5 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Number 5 :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Has he ever played for Hertz or Dundee United?! If not, there's name chance Harry Potter will have him in his Scotland team.

Lighten up. :greengrin This thread is for admiring Rhodes, not slagging Potter. :wink:

TheEastTerrace
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Sad thing is that Levein will have him running about like a headless chicken chasing aimless punts from back to front in a 4-5-1.

Cheers Potter

seven nowt
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Too late, I said he scored 5 first.

SquashedFrogg
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Has he ever played for Hertz or Dundee United?! If not, there's name chance Harry Potter will have him in his Scotland team.

I'm sure he can fill in at right back though :agree:

Sir David Gray
I know Lee Clark has said he won't be going anywhere in January but if he keeps this up over the next couple of weeks, I can see a big Premiership club testing their resolve by putting in a massive bid towards the end of the window.

SquashedFrogg
Too late, I said he scored 5 first.

He's scored 8 :agree:

Aldo
06-01-2012, 08:14 PM
The boy is class.

Sad thing is he'll have to wait until Miller is 43 before he gets a proper run :rolleyes:

Not a chance. Hope Newcastle bud fur him as rumoured ( my other team) this bit is something special and given the right service will become a legend in his own right.

As for miller have to admit he has matured with age and TBH has served his purpose.

Front line for Scotland of Rhodes and Fletcher.

Only if the feud gets sorted

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Make another thread slagging Potter, i made this thread to talk about Rhodes.

He is unreal!

SquashedFrogg
06-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I know Lee Clark has said he won't be going anywhere in January but if he keeps this up over the next couple of weeks, I can see a big Premiership club testing their resolve by putting in a massive bid towards the end of the window.

Sky cameras have just panned over to Joe Jordan and Clive Allen yet again. They've now pulled their trousers down and are playing with themselves :aok:

Sir David Gray
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
He's scored 5.

How did you know he'd scored 5, when he only got his 5th goal 5 minutes ago and you posted this 14 minutes ago? :confused:

Aldo
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Sky cameras have just panned over to Joe Jordan and Clive Allen yet again. They've now pulled their trousers down and are playing with themselves :aok:

Are you sure bout this. I think their cleaning the trouser splash!! ;-)

seven nowt
06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
He's scored 8 :agree:

Nah, Just 6 :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Are you sure bout this. I think their cleaning the trouser splash!! ;-)

To be fair, I could only see the top of Joe Jordan's head bobbing up and down :drool:

Harry will be raging :wink:

SquashedFrogg
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Nah, Just 6 :greengrin

He scored 3 in the warm-up :greengrin

Aldo
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
To be fair, I could only see the top of Joe Jordan's head bobbing up and down :drool:

Harry will be raging :wink:

Quality mate quality

SquashedFrogg
06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Not a chance. Hope Newcastle bud fur him as rumoured ( my other team) this bit is something special and given the right service will become a legend in his own right.

As for miller have to admit he has matured with age and TBH has served his purpose.

Front line for Scotland of Rhodes and Fletcher.

Only if the feud gets sorted

Fletcher & Rhodes :not worth

cocopops1875
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Hope he picks Reading :-)

SteveHFC
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Hopefully he goes to Liverpool :aok:

Rhodes is better than Carroll

Aldo
06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Hopefully he goes to Liverpool :aok:

Rhodes is better than Carroll

Nah! Hopefully Newcastle bound! ;)

HH81
06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
from BBC updates

QPR midfielder Joey Barton on Twitter: "Wow. Jordan Rhodes 5 goals tonight. Fancy that to be enough to force the big boys to spend their cash. Hope our gaffa's watching......

3pm
06-01-2012, 08:38 PM
How did you know he'd scored 5, when he only got his 5th goal 5 minutes ago and you posted this 14 minutes ago? :confused:

You should know to question peoples predictions after Wed night!! :o)

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I have said this a couple of weeks ago: hope scotland can keep him

Hiber-nation
06-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Would love to see him buck the trend and stay at Huddersfield.

Iggy Pope
06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
from BBC updates

QPR midfielder Joey Barton on Twitter: "Wow. Jordan Rhodes 5 goals tonight. Fancy that to be enough to force the big boys to spend their cash. Hope our gaffa's watching......

Did he really type the word 'gaffa'? More of a knob than I thought.

SteveHFC
06-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Rhodes/Fletcher Scotland Partnership upfront in a few years :aok:

But Harry Potter will play an old Kenny miller still in a few years

Aldo
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM

Don't get me wrong I still think Miller has a lot to offer Scotland as long as he still does it at club level.

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2012, 08:54 PM

what a strikeforce that would be !

Never see it whilst that plum is in charge

libernian
06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
he reminds me of kris boyd

.Sean.
06-01-2012, 10:37 PM
:faf:

Rhodes is a good player.

IWasThere2016
06-01-2012, 10:48 PM
They coulda bricked the goal up and he'd still have scored tonight. OUTSTANDING performance :agree:

Sammy7nil
06-01-2012, 11:10 PM
How long before England come calling ?

Hope Scotland can hold on to him I would not blame him if he jumped ship after all he is English.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
English.

frazeHFC
06-01-2012, 11:15 PM

:paranoid:

Sammy7nil
06-01-2012, 11:21 PM
English.

yup he is and it would not surprise me if England come calling

Dinkydoo
06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
I thought we didn't like English players playing for Scotland.......

Oh wait, if they're good then that doesn't matter. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2012, 11:26 PM
I thought we didn't like English players playing for Scotland.......

Oh wait, if they're good then that doesn't matter. :greengrin

You need to be careful, remember any excuse to get rid of the Scottish national team or so the anti GB brigade would have us believe :rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
06-01-2012, 11:31 PM
You need to be careful, remember any excuse to get rid of the Scottish national team or so the anti GB brigade would have us believe :rolleyes:

It's funny how people fail to see the unintentional double standards when we're not getting shafted. :wink:

500miles
06-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Jordan Rhodes was born on 5 February 1990, in Oldham, Greater Manchester, while his father Andy Rhodes was playing for Oldham Athletic. Rhodes senior moved to Scotland later that year when he joined Dunfermline Athletic and stayed in Scotland until 1998 also playing for St Johnstone and Airdrieonians. There were breaks in the time Rhodes senior spent playing in Scotland when he had a loan spells at Bolton Wanderers and Scarborough. Thus Jordan Rhodes spent much of his childhood living and being schooled in Scotland. It was in Cairneyhill, near Dunfermline where Jordan was coached by the influential Michael Boyle. Rhodes lists Boyle as one of the people that have shaped his style of play.
Andy Rhodes joined Ipswich Town as a coach in 2004. Jordan attended Kesgrave High School in Ipswich through his secondary school years where he was scouted and recruited by Ipswich Town in 2005.

The laddie grew up in Scotland, wants to play for Scotland, and was coached from an early age IN SCOTLAND. This isn't like when Matt Elliot made a wrong turn at Carlisle and ended up in the Scotland Squad.

bigstu
06-01-2012, 11:42 PM
yup he is and it would not surprise me if England come calling

they can't as he already has a Scotland cap v Cyprus

edit: just realised that wasn't a 'competitive' game!

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Jordan Rhodes was born on 5 February 1990, in Oldham, Greater Manchester, while his father Andy Rhodes was playing for Oldham Athletic. Rhodes senior moved to Scotland later that year when he joined Dunfermline Athletic and stayed in Scotland until 1998 also playing for St Johnstone and Airdrieonians. There were breaks in the time Rhodes senior spent playing in Scotland when he had a loan spells at Bolton Wanderers and Scarborough. Thus Jordan Rhodes spent much of his childhood living and being schooled in Scotland. It was in Cairneyhill, near Dunfermline where Jordan was coached by the influential Michael Boyle. Rhodes lists Boyle as one of the people that have shaped his style of play.
Andy Rhodes joined Ipswich Town as a coach in 2004. Jordan attended Kesgrave High School in Ipswich through his secondary school years where he was scouted and recruited by Ipswich Town in 2005.

The laddie grew up in Scotland, wants to play for Scotland, and was coached from an early age IN SCOTLAND. This isn't like when Matt Elliot made a wrong turn at Carlisle and ended up in the Scotland Squad.

He's still English though!

bob12345
06-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Needs to be a competitive match.

Check out this article regarding Rhodes' Scottish roots... http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/news-a-media/featured-news/3856-all-rhodes-lead-to-the-top

Dinkydoo
07-01-2012, 12:05 AM

Exactly.

He was born in England, but spent most of his early life in Scotland. If he wants to play for us then fantastic; I'll be delighted, since he looks like he's going to be a cracking goal scorer.

Although it's not really a case of "when England come calling" as he has just as much a right to play for them too. Let's not forget how critical people have been when Potter has called up English born "Scotts" before; that just so happened to be not that much better than what we had in the national side before.

Drummer
07-01-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm sure Denis Law went to Huddersfield as a schoolboy.Hope this lad turns out as good as him.
Drummer

AlbertK86
07-01-2012, 07:36 AM

edit: just realised that wasn't a 'competitive' game!

This could be another Potter Howler. Should have played him for 10 mins against Spain when we were out anyway. Was scoring regularly then

500miles
07-01-2012, 10:58 AM

It's not a question of being anti-English, it a question of national pride. Rhodes has been influenced by Scottish culture, probably carries something of a Scottish accent, owes his developement to the Scottish system, and will take real pride in representing the country in which he grew up. That's a real, tangible link to the country he represents, and, if the laddie himself wishes to play for Scotland, real justification.

PaulSmith
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM
This could be another Potter Howler. Should have played him for 10 mins against Spain when we were out anyway. Was scoring regularly then

Yip, foresight not our best trait.
Wouldn't surprise me if we 'lost' Islam Feruz to his native Sierra Leone now as well if his head is turned by the African contingent at Chelsea.

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2012, 11:04 AM
It's not a question of being anti-English, it a question of national pride. Rhodes has been influenced by Scottish culture, probably carries something of a Scottish accent, owes his developement to the Scottish system, and will take real pride in representing the country in which he grew up. That's a real, tangible link to the country he represents, and, if the laddie himself wishes to play for Scotland, real justification.

Don't know how your mind works, but who on this thread has mentioned anti English?

Hainan Hibs
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
There is a clear difference between someone who feels Scottish and wants to play for Scotland, and someone who will play for Scotland because they are not good enough for their own country.

If your attitude is "I feel Scottish and want to play for Scotland" then welcome aboard, if it's "Well, I can't play for (insert country here) so may as well bump up my value by putting in a few shifts with Scotland" then you can **** off.

Posh Swanny
07-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Rhodes has been influenced by Scottish culture, probably carries something of a Scottish accent.

You heard him talk? The lad's accent has about as much Scottish in it as Darren Gough.

Lovely lad though and has been flashing red on the football league radar since he notched a hat trick in about 20 minutes while on loan at Brentford a few years ago.

There's an interview on YouTube just after his call up to the Scotland squad where he looks and sounds like a little boy living the dream.

R'Albin
07-01-2012, 01:43 PM
There is a clear difference between someone who feels Scottish and wants to play for Scotland, and someone who will play for Scotland because they are not good enough for their own country.

If your attitude is "I feel Scottish and want to play for Scotland" then welcome aboard, if it's "Well, I can't play for (insert country here) so may as well bump up my value by putting in a few shifts with Scotland" then you can **** off.

Rhodes seems like the former to me. He must know himself that he in the next couple of years he may get an opportunity to play for England if he manages to cut it in the EPL. Ane he could have dropped out or whatever if he wanted to still be able to but he never. That to me seems like he wants to play for Scotland. Him and Fletcher could be a cracking partnership for us in the future if they continue playing the way they are.

Centre Hawf
07-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Rhodes seems like the former to me. He must know himself that he in the next couple of years he may get an opportunity to play for England if he manages to cut it in the EPL. Ane he could have dropped out or whatever if he wanted to still be able to but he never. That to me seems like he wants to play for Scotland. Him and Fletcher could be a cracking partnership for us in the future if they continue playing the way they are.

Well hes already capped. It'd be a shame if we didnt continue too call him up.

Speedy
07-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Well hes already capped. It'd be a shame if we didnt continue too call him up.

Only in a friendly though so he can still change who he represents (I think)

Beefster
07-01-2012, 06:54 PM
English.

Do you consider Steven Fletcher to be English too? He was born there and didn't move to Scotland until he was almost in high school IIRC.

Both consider themselves Scottish so I don't see what the problem is - beyond pathetic xenophobia.

essexhibee
07-01-2012, 07:04 PM

Exactly :agree:.

I was born in England to two Scottish parents. Wont have anyone tell me I'm not scottish and I'm massively patriotic.

Greatest Country in the world :greengrin:greengrin.

MrRobot
08-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Did he really type the word 'gaffa'? More of a knob than I thought.

How does that make him a knob?

Dinkydoo
08-01-2012, 12:02 PM
If Rhodes considers himself Scottish and wants to play for his country then that is fantastic; let's hold onto him.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 12:28 PM
How does that make him a knob?

There's an E and an R in Gaffa.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2012, 12:30 PM

About as English as John Barnes. You'll remember him.

soupy
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
There's an E and an R in Gaffa.

Cany see a E or a R in gaffa :-)

Musselbound
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM

"It was never in doubt I would be sticking with Scotland. I'm Scottish through and through. I had all the jerseys as a kid and grew up watching Scotland." - Jordan Rhodes

Rhodes is clearly in the former category then. Case closed.