PDA

View Full Version : Deek

marleyhib
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Desperate times at ER.

I'd have Deek back till the end of the season, he has quality and would score.

Would he come back?

I know we need to urgently sort out our defence.

scotiaf
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I'd take Joe Tortolano and Chris Jackson back on a pay as you play deal

Maybe even Chic Charnley

Jonnyboy
05-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Desperate times at ER.

Would he come back?

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Contract until the end of the season and we'd get a proven goalscorer. We're the lowest scoring club in the SPL.

Sadly it seems Hibs don't want him or anything to do with him.

Right marley - wait on the 'he was pish anyway' brigade shooting us down :wink:

GreenCastle
05-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Desperate times at ER.

Would he come back?

Saw him walking down St Clair Street after the yams game.

I would rather him on our bench than Michael Hart.

I would also rather he was playing and scoring like he used to.

Fitness / Attitude and whether he or Hibs would want him to return would be the main issues I would imagine.

Will be interesting to see if he goes to a new club before end of January...

He does score goals...usually out of nothing...and considering we only rely on GOC and LG who is gone or going after Saturday then unless Doyle can start producing straight away or we bring in an goal scoring midfielder we may struggle till end of season - goals win games...

The Tubs
05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd eat the dried skin from between his ba' hairs if it meant him playing for Hibs this season.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Err naw surely we've had the best of Deek................................maybe though below his best he still has more to offer than what we have? I'm not sure really so for that reason I'm out!

hibee_girl
05-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Contract until the end of the season and we'd get a proven goalscorer. We're the lowest scoring club in the SPL.

Right marley - wait on the 'he was pish anyway' brigade shooting us down :wink:

I find it hard to believe anyone wouldn't!

Sylar
05-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Nah, last thing we need are more passengers who aren't going to put blood and snotters into making sure we stay up.

No doubt of his love for the club, or indeed his previous ability to find the back of the net for us pre-Tims, but his attitude and lack of goals towards the end of his second period, and from all accounts during his time in China, I'd say Rod/PF should steer well clear.

Albion Hibs
05-01-2012, 09:53 PM
I would take him back no question. He is surely a decent Griffiths. God forbid we should have someone who can take a free kick or corner.

One thing is for sure i am sure he would have more than 3 goals to his name at this stage in the season.

Sylar
05-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I would take him back no question. He is surely a decent Griffiths. God forbid we should have someone who can take a free kick or corner.

One thing is for sure i am sure he would have more than 3 goals to his name at this stage in the season.

I'm fairly convinced that it wasn't a sudden absence of quality which hindered him last time he was here, but a lack of service, and he started to strumpet with increasing frequency, as he had to put more work in himself.

It's hard to judge our strikers and their lack of goals when you look at the "service" they get from midfield on a weekly basis, who must be terrified to go forward and try and provide said service, at the risk of leaving our utterly hapless defence exposed. Viscious cycle really.

FitbaFolkKen
05-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Give him Galbraiths shirt out on the left, and a bit of precision on dead balls as Sproule taking free kicks etc.. isn't the answer

Not a long term solution though

Saorsa
05-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I find it hard to believe anyone wouldn't!I'd find it very easy tae believe.

Albion Hibs
05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm fairly convinced that it wasn't a sudden absence of quality which hindered him last time he was here, but a lack of service, and he started to strumpet with increasing frequency, as he had to put more work in himself.

It's hard to judge our strikers and their lack of goals when you look at the "service" they get from midfield on a weekly basis, who must be terrified to go forward and try and provide said service, at the risk of leaving our utterly hapless defence exposed. Viscious cycle really.

I would agree with some of that. For me our issue all season is our midfield. Our defense gets not an ounce of help from them, and none of them could pick a pass if their life depended on it.

But regardless, I would have riordan back.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm actually in two minds about this to be honest.

On the one hand, we're the lowest scoring side in the league, barely trouble the opposition defence, never mind their goalkeeper, and are only a few goals away from being bottom of the table. We know what he's been capable of over the years and have some wonderful memories of him. We also know how much he cares about the club.

However, I also remember back to last season when we had Derek Riordan in the side and he looked disinterested at times and, although he still ended up as our top goalscorer, he didn't play to anything like his potential and was fairly ineffectual.

He would probably be an improvement to our current squad, however that's not saying much.

But, considering he's almost 29 years of age now, he'll most probably be wanting to get a move that is going to give him better prospects. He went to China and that didn't work out, I don't think anyone was surprised with that. But I would have thought that he would be wanting a move within the UK that is going to earn him a bit more than he would be getting at Hibs.

He stated when he left Hibs in the summer that he wanted to leave the SPL because he had become bored with it. I don't see how that could have changed within 6 months.

lucky
05-01-2012, 10:23 PM
No, twice he has left us time to move on.

Ray_
05-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Right marley - wait on the 'he was pish anyway' brigade shooting us down :wink: Too true, he has the attacking instinct & ability to pass the ball that is way beyond anyone at ER just now.

GreenCastle
05-01-2012, 10:37 PM
No, twice he has left us time to move on.

1st time he left us

2nd time Hibs offered him nothing

If he was hungry to succeed and finish off his career here and get fit again why not. He has never been a player to like tracking back and with Doyle signed seems Fenlon has other ideas.

I do think he would add quality to our squad even if just off the bench :agree:

Pay as you play deal ?

Albion Hibs
05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
1st time he left us

2nd time Hibs offered him nothing

If he was hungry to succeed and finish off his career here and get fit again why not. He has never been a player to like tracking back and with Doyle signed seems Fenlon has other ideas.

I do think he would add quality to our squad even if just off the bench :agree:

Pay as you play deal ?

This one gets chucked about a lot on here. Any idea when the last pay as you play deal was signed? I have a view it may have been about 10 years ago to players who earned millions a year, then went back to a home town club, or ones that were done in through injury and unlikely to play more than 10 games a season - in each case probably for a decent amount of money per game.

I cant see many players in the world of professional football being in that much bother that they need a pay as you play with hibs.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2012, 10:49 PM
This one gets chucked about a lot on here. Any idea when the last pay as you play deal was signed? I have a view it may have been about 10 years ago to players who earned millions a year, then went back to a home town club, or ones that were done in through injury and unlikely to play more than 10 games a season - in each case probably for a decent amount of money per game.

I cant see many players in the world of professional football being in that much bother that they need a pay as you play with hibs.

Woodgate to Stoke in July 2011

GreenCastle
05-01-2012, 10:50 PM

I cant see many players in the word of professional football being in that much bother that they need a pay as you play with hibs.

I agree I don't think it's common and something seen with non pro teams.

I do think that performance related pay could be used though - low basic salary but add on's for games played (won?) / goals scored / assists etc.

Would possibly create more hungry players and save us wasting money on duds.

Albion Hibs
05-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Woodgate to Stoke in July 2011

Thanks, as I said knackered through injury.

WellingtonHibby
05-01-2012, 10:58 PM
How many decent set pieces does the guy actually take. I'm sure last season 8/10 were mince and came to nowt.

Brads Laing
05-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Spoke to Deek coming out of ER after the Hearts game, said he asked to train with Hibs but they said no. Maybe implies our stance on the matter?

dp00
06-01-2012, 07:20 AM
My money is on him going to a team around or below us and banging in a shed load of goals and in turn making our chance of survival harder. He needs somewhere to put himself in shop window

MrRobot
06-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Deffo take him back. Lower wage than he was on til the end of the season. Would suit both parties IMO. He gets playing again and Hibs get a goalscorer. O'Connor and Riordan with Doyle just ahead or supporting. :agree:

Phil MaGlass
06-01-2012, 07:45 AM

Agree with you there, its the same for GOC and Griffiths this season. One up front WTF. Although Deeks was played wide.

GreenPJ
06-01-2012, 09:08 AM
No. Never mind the fact that his last 6 months here were not great we need fighters to get us out of the position we are in and we need people to hit the ground running. He won't have played for 3 months.

RIP
06-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Spoke to Deek coming out of ER after the Hearts game, said he asked to train with Hibs but they said no. Maybe implies our stance on the matter?

Looks like it's a complete non-starter then.

Given the fact that Derek was so forthright, I find that interesting we offered GO'C the same facility. Wonder if Derek will be using Garry's fitness trainer and running up Arthur's Seat? :greengrin

Remember that Fenlon has spent the last 2 months carrying out extensive research by way of an appraisal of all our current squad. By all accounts he has gone back to previous managers, even to youth coaches. I'd be surprised if he hadn't consulted Ian Murray. Whilst I'm sure the decision would have rested with Pat, no doubt Scott would have had some input.

For all my reservations about Derek, I still think there's a fine player in there, if played in the right formation (Inside right?)

silverhibee
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Looks like it's a complete non-starter then.

Given the fact that Derek was so forthright, I find that interesting we offered GO'C the same facility. Wonder if Derek will be using Garry's fitness trainer and running up Arthur's Seat? :greengrin

Remember that Fenlon has spent the last 2 months carrying out extensive research by way of an appraisal of all our current squad. By all accounts he has gone back to previous managers, even to youth coaches. I'd be surprised if he hadn't consulted Ian Murray. Whilst I'm sure the decision would have rested with Pat, no doubt Scott would have had some input.

For all my reservations about Derek, I still think there's a fine player in there, if played in the right formation (Inside right?)

He ask before Fenlon arrived.

GordonHFC
06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Has he asked again SH ?

Bishop Hibee
06-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Our league position and lack of goals shows we are in no position not to go for a player like Riordan. Give him a deal to the end of the season if he'll take it.

Aldo
06-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Derek Riordan is a legend however I don't really think he is what we need at the moment... Defo not match fit and TBH I want guys who are going to put a shift in. Tracking back, hurrying hassle the opponent and for me that's not Deeks game. We already have at least 2 passengers in Sproule and Galbraith so sorry it's a no from me.

Sammy7nil
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Derek Riordan is a legend however I don't really think he is what we need at the moment... Defo not match fit and TBH I want guys who are going to put a shift in. Tracking back, hurrying hassle the opponent and for me that's not Deeks game. We already have at least 2 passengers in Sproule and Galbraith so sorry it's a no from me.

Getting stuck in and hassling are important BUT

Quality is more important we have NONE Deek is quality if he was fit I would take him in a heart beat unfortunately he is not so let the legend lie.

Aldo
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM

Quality is more important we have NONE Deek is quality if he was fit I would take him in a heart beat unfortunately he is not so let the legend lie.

STB

I will agree to disagree. Deek is in and out of games and produces that moment if brilliance that yes turns games out of nowt. Wasted in the team at mo and wouldn't give enough to merit him playing.

My opinion mind you.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2012, 04:11 PM
We have enough sheite players who can do nothing but run about like headless chickens, i'd have him back in a shot. His goals and asists would keep us up imo. Yes he'd look as if he was not trying, yes he'd look unfit, but goals win games and we dont score nearly enough of them.

Hibrandenburg
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Now that DR is approaching his 30's he would automatically have a role model type status to fill at the club. Not sure if that's a task he's up to, but might be wrong about this.

Barney McGrew
06-01-2012, 04:33 PM
We have enough sheite players who can do nothing but run about like headless chickens, i'd have him back in a shot. His goals and asists would keep us up imo. Yes he'd look as if he was not trying, yes he'd look unfit, but goals win games and we dont score nearly enough of them.

I'd agree it's worth looking at, but it's also worth remembering that Akpo Sodje has scored more goals in less starts than Deek has in the last twelve months. Four goals in twenty eight games in 2011, and on that form Deek's not the goalscorer we need right now.

He's a great player to have in a team where he has service, but we don't have that luxury at the moment. The current XI is pretty much what finished the season last year, and in that half of the season he really didn't do too much for us.

Having said that, it would be a good signing to lift morale and it would be very interesting to see if him and GOC could 'click' like they did before.

Sammy7nil
06-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Now that DR is approaching his 30's he would automatically have a role model type status to fill at the club. Not sure if that's a task he's up to, but might be wrong about this.

He will never be a role model but if he came short term his only role would be to keep us in the SPL.

snooky
06-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Nah, last thing we need are more passengers who aren't going to put blood and snotters into making sure we stay up.

No doubt of his love for the club, or indeed his previous ability to find the back of the net for us pre-Tims, but his attitude and lack of goals towards the end of his second period, and from all accounts during his time in China, I'd say Rod/PF should steer well clear.

I've always been a pro-Deeker however, TSSF hits the nail on the head.
Time to move on & inject some young blood and spirit into ER.
Wagons roooooooooooooooooooll. :cb

silverhibee
06-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I'd agree it's worth looking at, but it's also worth remembering that Akpo Sodje has scored more goals in less starts than Deek has in the last twelve months. Four goals in twenty eight games in 2011, and on that form Deek's not the goalscorer we need right now.

He's a great player to have in a team where he has service, but we don't have that luxury at the moment. The current XI is pretty much what finished the season last year, and in that half of the season he really didn't do too much for us.

Having said that, it would be a good signing to lift morale and it would be very interesting to see if him and GOC could 'click' like they did before.

I have asked you before but did Derek play start all theses 28 games, he did miss a number of games from January to May.

Still 4 goals is not very good for Deek, but him on the left, Gaz through the middle and Doyle on the right and a creative midfielder supplying them and i could see Hibs climb the table. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
06-01-2012, 07:08 PM
No. Never mind the fact that his last 6 months here were not great we need fighters to get us out of the position we are in and we need people to hit the ground running. He won't have played for 3 months.

Indeed we do and yet Galbraith is a regular pick :confused:

silverhibee
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM

They dont get paid to be role models.

And its obvious Hibs aren't to bothered about role models at the club.

Albion Hibs
06-01-2012, 07:14 PM

I would agree with that. The problem that becomes more and more noticeable each game is that we have a midfield of players that get stuck in and will press the ball, but cant create space, beat a man to push up the midfield, put in a good ball, or find a pass. I know riordan is not a midfielder and playing out wide he cant beat a man due to lack of pace, however, he is very strong on all the rest of the points.

King Paddy
06-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Bit of a gamble to be honest as we need 11 grafters in our predicament, but to come off the bench with 20min to go maybe worth a shout.

Last Minute
06-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Deek f**f deek as he's never worried about us

silverhibee
06-01-2012, 08:55 PM

:confused:

HKhibby
06-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Desperate times at ER.

Would he come back?

Agree, Riordan until the end of the season on a pay as you play deal or something, maybe might score goals, after all if we dont start soon to score...the only place we are going is Division 1!

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Aye cracking quote , gtf

smurf
06-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Maybe because he was too busy banging in the goals to worry.

Hiber-nation
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Bit of a gamble to be honest as we need 11 grafters in our predicament, but to come off the bench with 20min to go maybe worth a shout.

Surely that's the last thing a team threatened with relegation needs? The thing we don't have is quality, the likes of Lewis and Jimmy Scott will graft all day long but we need a bit of class. Not that I think bringing back Riordan is a good idea though.

greenlex
06-01-2012, 09:04 PM
If its a rebuild we are doing he is not the answer.

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I would have him back tomorrow ,as a lot have said/think: work rate pi$H , team work pi$h , my opinion: goals from nowhere great, goals for hibs this season have nearly all come from GOC , the squad we have at the minute is ****** got to be a place for him if he wanted it

SteveHFC
06-01-2012, 09:11 PM
It would be good to see the Riordan/O'Connor partnership upfront again :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
If its a rebuild we are doing he is not the answer.

Agree, his second spell was not all that great, cant see him being given a 3rd spell IMO

Niffy
06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Going by everything I've heard & read about Fenlon... he'd have Deek punted after the 1st training session.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2012, 10:03 PM

I think having 11 grafters in this terrible side is part of the problem. None of them have any quality or ability when on the ball.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I think having 11 grafters in this terrible side is part of the problem. None of them have any quality or ability when on the ball.

There are one or two who dont graft who also have no quality or ability IMO

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2012, 10:09 PM
There are one or two who dont graft who also have no quality or ability IMO

We need quality over quantity, now where have i heard that before?:boo hoo:

H113EE5
06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
It would be good to see the Riordan/O'Connor partnership upfront again :agree:

You're obviously on the same drink/drugs/highs (allegedly) as these two wasters. Both fantastic players, ruined by too much money, too little sense and zero professional attitude to their chosen profession.

Jeeeessssss, I'm 60+ and I could get close to them in a 20 yard sprint!

Of course we could transfer to the NFL and bring on our kicking team for free kicks, which would facilitate Deek's sole contribution to a game.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
You're obviously on the same drink/drugs/highs (allegedly) as these two wasters. Both fantastic players, ruined by too much money, too little sense and zero professional attitude to their chosen profession.

Of course we could transfer to the NFL and bring on our kicking team for free kicks, which would facilitate Deek's sole contribution to a game.

I bet you couldn't :wink:

IWasThere2016
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM

:agree: I doubt he'd be unrealistic about a wage etc between now and the end of May.

H113EE5
06-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I bet you couldn't :wink:

OK, you're right but it could be close. :greengrin

madabouthibs
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Going by our "shots on target" type statistics, and our inability to even manage a "shot on target" just now, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather see pick the ball up 25 or 30 yards out. If he's out of work until the end of the season then bring him in, I think he'll understand exactly what we need right now, and would be up for contributing to the cause. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2012, 11:44 PM
OK, you're right but it could be close. :greengrin

:hmmm: :aok: :greengrin

silverhibee
06-01-2012, 11:54 PM

I think your the one who is on drink/drugs(probaly acid) and other highs allegedly ya waster that you are.

I will bet you £5000 you cant, cant.

The second bit in bold, thats why i think you are on acid allegedly.

marleyhib
07-01-2012, 12:27 AM
One word "quality", get him back - we have none

ffs no one else we have has half his talent, I am sick of watching dross

SouthamptonHibs
07-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Bring back Deeks 100%

For those fans that don't like him ha ha, what do u no about fitbaw?
He scored aload of goals in a realy poor Hi bs team half the time he was playing in his own half, some of our crowd shouted him out and gave the shouts gee the young lads a chance...we'll the young guys and older crap pros fi English 1st division have failed!
The best yet, Get Gary O tae fubar...he's finished gee Doyle a chance or some of the young kids....Gary O has already scored i think 11 goals r u lads off yer heads! in possibly the worst Hibs team ever!

Goals Goals Goals Goals win games...the experts say it's the hardest part of the game!

Have a word! Things are not great at Hibs but you stick a couple of creative midfielders in our team and players like Deek and Gazza O would score for fun!

Come on ladies and gents...

We are HIBERNIAN FC..............

Bring the wee man back.....

The Harp Awakes
07-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Bring back Deeks 100%

For those fans that don't like him ha ha, what do u no about fitbaw?
He scored aload of goals in a realy poor Hi bs team half the time he was playing in his own half, some of our crowd shouted him out and gave the shouts gee the young lads a chance...we'll the young guys and older crap pros fi English 1st division have failed!
The best yet, Get Gary O tae fubar...he's finished gee Doyle a chance or some of the young kids....Gary O has already scored i think 11 goals r u lads off yer heads! in possibly the worst Hibs team ever!

Goals Goals Goals Goals win games...the experts say it's the hardest part of the game!

Have a word! Things are not great at Hibs but you stick a couple of creative midfielders in our team and players like Deek and Gazza O would score for fun!

Come on ladies and gents...

We are HIBERNIAN FC..............

Bring the wee man back.....

Deek and GOC up front would mean 1 thing to Hibs and that's GOALS. Might just take us back from the precipice.

NOLA
07-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Desperate times at ER.

Would he come back?

he has quality but in a poor team he would struggle to get the service needed and would end up being a waste of a jersey imo

NOLA
07-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Going by our "shots on target" type statistics, and our inability to even manage a "shot on target" just now, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather see pick the ball up 25 or 30 yards out. If he's out of work until the end of the season then bring him in, I think he'll understand exactly what we need right now, and would be up for contributing to the cause. :agree: i understand what your saying but when deeks was last here and we were playing mince was he contributing to the cause? didnt look like it to me, i'd love it if he came back "again" and did the damage, one of the most natural strikers in the scottish game in past years and should have done better with his career because of it, but if he comes back and scores the goals needed then its a win/win situation.:agree:

SouthamptonHibs
07-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Agree, his second spell was not all that great, cant see him being given a 3rd spell IMO

Brockie i no your a die hard and i respect your views mate!

It's easy to compare Deeks 1st term at ER v his 2nd term!

1st term a hungrey young team flying forward, skillfull big strong, sometimes over excited and not sure how to spell it Ni eve!
Scored goals for fun

2nd term! I thought he worked harder than ever for the Hibs, crap midfield, hardly any support, team low on confidence and half the time he was breaking up offensive (american ha ha) attackes than creating our own attacks...Deek scored over 10 goals in a Hibs Team that finished 10th in the league! Us Hibs fans don't expect the world but we compared Deek in a very good team v a very bad team! in the bad team he worked harder and gets less goals and praise and in a good team he gets the goals and the pludits!

I watch the championship alot and have seen hibs standard of player dropping from easy mid table championship to bottom of Div 1!
I believe we are a better and bigger club than this and love SPL!
The Hibs fans are low just now and hurting! But we are Hibernian FC, one club in our life's but we can have a thousand wifes!
We need players like Deek and Gazza to help us out of this hole! The problem is we need 11 players to play a game and 20 players to play a season! The old pro's we've signed are no leaders and worse than the kids, the kids don't respect the leaders as there better so there not learning anything!
Sorry to bend the Hibs.net ears but it's a horrible circle we are in!
Read earlier we r interested in a coventry player who broke his back earlier this year (mates a cov fan he said he's decent but always injured), a lithuanian i've never heard off and a Hartlepool FC right back Neil Austen!
No offence to Doyle but i don't belive he'll get a goal out of nothing like Deek or Gazza will! Our top signing targets don't inspire confidence and where is the creative midfielders?

Enjoy the game tomorrow mate, i'm coming up soon! I've got a cracking choice Rangers away at the end of Jan or Celtic at Home mid fed!

Can you PM mate? I'll let you chose the game..flights r on hold

and PS why can't the young team ie the 12th man not sing this old tune...?

Cheer up Cheer up, the boys will see you through
The boys whothe Celtic and the glasgow rangers too
Cheer up cheer up the boys who wear the green
the boys who wear the colours the colours green and white

OOOH i don't no why the RANGERS sing that the always hate the green
for's green the finest colour the world has ever seen!

They can sing about there Whittaker's and there Wallace's tooo

But we've got Gary O'Connor,he's a bobby dazsler toooooooooooo

3 verse (optional)

Go home ya HUNS go home Ya hums go home ya huns go Home...... (repeat 10000 times)

Hail Hail

SouthamptonHibs
07-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Deek and GOC up front would mean 1 thing to Hibs and that's GOALS. Might just take us back from the precipice.

Mate i totally agree,these lads have proved they can score goals in a good hibs team and a bad one! Both under 30, cheap like the budgie...lets get them signed!

Stick maybe one creative midfielder in there and possibly (without being greedy...a proper winger), these boys will score goals:top marks

NOLA
07-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Brockie i no your a die hard and i respect your views mate!

It's easy to compare Deeks 1st term at ER v his 2nd term!

1st term a hungrey young team flying forward, skillfull big strong, sometimes over excited and not sure how to spell it Ni eve!
Scored goals for fun

2nd term! I thought he worked harder than ever for the Hibs, crap midfield, hardly any support, team low on confidence and half the time he was breaking up offensive (american ha ha) attackes than creating our own attacks...Deek scored over 10 goals in a Hibs Team that finished 10th in the league! Us Hibs fans don't expect the world but we compared Deek in a very good team v a very bad team! in the bad team he worked harder and gets less goals and praise and in a good team he gets the goals and the pludits!

I watch the championship alot and have seen hibs standard of player dropping from easy mid table championship to bottom of Div 1!
I believe we are a better and bigger club than this and love SPL!
The Hibs fans are low just now and hurting! But we are Hibernian FC, one club in our life's but we can have a thousand wifes!
We need players like Deek and Gazza to help us out of this hole! The problem is we need 11 players to play a game and 20 players to play a season! The old pro's we've signed are no leaders and worse than the kids, the kids don't respect the leaders as there better so there not learning anything!
Sorry to bend the Hibs.net ears but it's a horrible circle we are in!
Read earlier we r interested in a coventry player who broke his back earlier this year (mates a cov fan he said he's decent but always injured), a lithuanian i've never heard off and a Hartlepool FC right back Neil Austen!
No offence to Doyle but i don't belive he'll get a goal out of nothing like Deek or Gazza will! Our top signing targets don't inspire confidence and where is the creative midfielders?

Enjoy the game tomorrow mate, i'm coming up soon! I've got a cracking choice Rangers away at the end of Jan or Celtic at Home mid fed!

Can you PM mate? I'll let you chose the game..flights r on hold

and PS why can't the young team ie the 12th man not sing this old tune...?

Cheer up Cheer up, the boys will see you through
The boys who fu cked the Celtic and the glasgow rangers too
Cheer up cheer up the boys who wear the green
the boys who wear the colours the colours green and white

OOOH i don't no why the RANGERS sing that the always hate the green
for's green the finest colour the world has ever seen!

They can sing about there Whittaker's and there Wallace's tooo

But we've got Gary O'Connor,he's a bobby dazsler toooooooooooo

3 verse (optional)

Go home ya HUNS go home Ya hums go home ya huns go Home...... (repeat 10000 times)

Hail Hail
get some sleep :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
07-01-2012, 01:46 AM
get some sleep :wink:

Hail Hail mate sleeps not required! I'm living the dream

All for goals.....

Makaveli
07-01-2012, 02:34 AM
If only...

Niffy
07-01-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't think Pat Fenlon is stupid. If he thought Deek would sign any kind of deal he would do it.

I therefore think he's been put well off by either a price/wage demand thing , Deeks not wanting to , or Pats heard the inside scoop from folk of what Deek does while in your team.

Hibrandenburg
07-01-2012, 06:11 AM
They dont get paid to be role models.

And its obvious Hibs aren't to bothered about role models at the club.

Think you're being a bit naive. It's the nature of the world that kids look towards their elders for positive and negative examples. At DR age he would automatically become a role model whether intended or otherwise.

Maybe you're right about Hibs not caring about role models, however this could well be a big part of our problem over a long period of time. It's maybe due to the lack of positive role models over the last few years that has got us into this mess where professionalism regarding personal fitness, diet and commitment to the job has been left severly wanting.

Just my thoughts.

HH81
07-01-2012, 06:36 AM
He is not coming back to Hibs, time for everyone to move on from this.

Forever. Good player in his time at Hibs but the past is now the past.

Barney McGrew
07-01-2012, 06:42 AM
I have asked you before but did Derek play start all theses 28 games, he did miss a number of games from January to May

Seventeen starts, two sub appearances and three goals for Hibs between January and May. He played nine times in China and scored once, but I don't know how many of them were starts and how many as sub - maybe you would know those stats.

We need someone who will score goals in the team we have right now, which let's be honest is as bad as it's been for a long, long time. Deek didn't do that in the second half of the season last year in similar circumstances, so who's to say he would have any chance of improving on that when he's even more short of match fitness?

He was, and will continue to be, a Hibs legend. I don't think bringing him back now, in the situation we're in, is necessarily the answer. I would love to be proved wrong if he does end up back at ER though.

smurf
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
That the club decided not to offer him a contract at all says it all for me. Our board didn't want him.

H113EE5
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
[/B]

I think your the one who is on drink/drugs(probaly acid) and other highs allegedly ya waster that you are.

I will bet you £5000 you cant, cant.

The second bit in bold, thats why i think you are on acid allegedly.

If no arguement, resort to personal insults. You don't know me so why am I a wster. I've seen D & G waste their talents, so I can comment with some degree of knowledge

silverhibee
07-01-2012, 11:34 AM
If no arguement, resort to personal insults. You don't know me so why am I a wster. I've seen D & G waste their talents, so I can comment with some degree of knowledge

You said D&G were wasters, do you know them personally, you started with the insults about them, if you cant take it dont hand it out, i know them so i can also comment on them auld yin.

Are you still up for the £5000 bet. :wink: :cb

matty_f
07-01-2012, 11:36 AM
That the club decided not to offer him a contract at all says it all for me. Our manager didn't want him.

Corrected that :wink:

smurf
07-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Corrected that :wink:

Calderwood was always on record lavishing him with praise saying how much he wanted him to stay etc etc So the manager of our club lied to us? More reasons why he should have been emptied in the summer.

HibbyAndy
07-01-2012, 01:47 PM
In a heartbeat.

erin go bragh
07-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Steven Hughes just left motherwell ,he was on a pay as you play deal .

silverhibee
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Calderwood was always on record lavishing him with praise saying how much he wanted him to stay etc etc So the manager of our club lied to us? More reasons why he should have been emptied in the summer.

What do you think Smurf.

BT58
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
i heard a story today,,,,but just laughed when i heard it,,,,,,,,then again
seemingly the huns are after DEEKS + GAZZ !!!!!,,, I KNOW THEIR SKINT BUT,,,,,
short term contract for deeks,,,,,,,,,,super ally seemingly wants the partnership
hopefully silver will put me in my place :cb
bt

smurf
07-01-2012, 06:13 PM
What do you think Smurf.

Who knows what to believe... I concluded the board didn't want to retain Deek. Know i'm told a manager who was in the press praising Derek didn't want to retain him...

I guess you know the truth.:greengrin

What i do know, is that Deek, although having a poor season last season, by his high standards, is a player we miss hugely.

Albion Hibs
07-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Steven Hughes just left motherwell ,he was on a pay as you play deal .

Yeah but it was a 4 week deal deal was it not, which could have been extended based on a perminant contract? So for me more like somewhere to get back up the road and get a bit of fitness prior to a transfer window. Quite a bit different to asking someone to sign up to half a season.

Gmack7
07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
if deek was to sign and oconnor stays i still think our front 2 wil be doyle and griffiths

jdships
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
He is not coming back to Hibs, time for everyone to move on from this.

Forever. Good player in his time at Hibs but the past is now the past.

IMO a commonsense post :thumbsup:

degenerated
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Who knows what to believe... I concluded the board didn't want to retain Deek. Know i'm told a manager who was in the press praising Derek didn't want to retain him...

I guess you know the truth.:greengrin

What i do know, is that Deek, although having a poor season last season, by his high standards, is a player we miss hugely.

Surprised to see you on here after a win? Too good an opportunity to indulge in a bit of stirring, obviously.

smurf
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Surprised to see you on here after a win? Too good an opportunity to indulge in a bit of stirring, obviously.

Sometimes in order to not give a response that you would really like to give you just have to laugh.

If you have a brain please note that I posted on this thread before todays welcome victory.

Stirring? What are you going on about?

The Modfather
08-01-2012, 02:35 PM
He's been a fantastic servant in previous spell(s), but as for him coming back, thanks but no thanks from me.

Last season, particularly the second half, he was part of the problem, (along with all the rest) not the solution. His career has been on the wain for a good four of five years now, and what talent he had he has all but pissed away. Scandalous to think that all he has to show for 10 years as a professional, thus far, is one solitary cap, and maybe a squad members winners medal at the lesser greens at best.

As an aside, I was told a story the other day about O'Connor. Apparently a guy at work and his mate (both Hibees) were out for a few beers in a watering hole out by Musselburgh/Tranent, the night before we were away to Dunfermline. They were surprised when O'Connor walked in. They asked him "take it you're not playing tomorrow", to which he replied "no". Nothing untoward about that, or the fact he left the pub a long way from sober shall we say. You can imagine their surprise when he was on the team-sheet (and scored if I recall - "only Jesus can judge me" game?). Sadly, I can well believe that. Sounds very akin to the culture at Easter Road, and Scottish "athletes" in general.