PDA

View Full Version : Mass Hysteria

FLHIBS
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I like to read the posts and generally don't post but I just had to after reading some of the hysteria following the Hearts game, it really is beyond belief some of the things that are being said and the hysteria must stop. Here are the facts (IMO)

1. Forget the Hearts game, yes it hurts like hell but they are a better team, have been for several seasons due to the debt pumped in by Romanov, however, that is now over and Hearts will have to face football reality in the coming seasons and we shall have our day. Thankfully i'm old enough to remember the 70's when Hibs pumped them for fun, it will come back again.

2. We simply have to give Fenlon 2-3 years to rebuild the whole structure of a team but again the reality is it will be done through loan deals and cheap deals from lower divisions with promising youngsters. That is the only way he is going to do it, its the reality for clubs like Hibs and now Hearts and in fact even the OF. The fans who are starting to question Fenlon already really need to get a grip and get behind the man and be patient. We need stability and its going to hurt for a bit yet but we simply have to take the bad medicine.

3. STF saved the club and we shall forever be in his debt, however, this board and STF lack the necessary passion (not saying they don't have any) that is needed the galvanise the players, management and fans together.........because at present we are a split club. We can say whatever we like about the Yams (and by god I despise them) but they have passion and are galvanised. Romanov will kill that passion ultimately but at present, they are in a different planet to us in terms of passion for the club. My main gripe with Farmer/Petrie is that none of them are strong leaders and IMO that is what is required right now at ER. Fenlon is that manager but we need a leader above him.

4. The hysteria must stop or it only compounds the problem, yes by all means everyone can have their opinion but Jesus H C...............some of the stuff being said is just crazy.

5. For the total throbbers who post nonsense if the forums, either think carefully before posting or just don't.

IFONLY
03-01-2012, 09:34 PM
I like to read the posts and generally don't post but I just had to after reading some of the hysteria following the Hearts game, it really is beyond belief some of the things that are being said and the hysteria must stop. Here are the facts (IMO)

1. Forget the Hearts game, yes it hurts like hell but they are a better team, have been for several seasons due to the debt pumped in by Romanov, however, that is now over and Hearts will have to face football reality in the coming seasons and we shall have our day. Thankfully i'm old enough to remember the 70's when Hibs pumped them for fun, it will come back again.

2. We simply have to give Fenlon 2-3 years to rebuild the whole structure of a team but again the reality is it will be done through loan deals and cheap deals from lower divisions with promising youngsters. That is the only way he is going to do it, its the reality for clubs like Hibs and now Hearts and in fact even the OF. The fans who are starting to question Fenlon already really need to get a grip and get behind the man and be patient. We need stability and its going to hurt for a bit yet but we simply have to take the bad medicine.

3. STF saved the club and we shall forever be in his debt, however, this board and STF lack the necessary passion (not saying they don't have any) that is needed the galvanise the players, management and fans together.........because at present we are a split club. We can say whatever we like about the Yams (and by god I despise them) but they have passion and are galvanised. Romanov will kill that passion ultimately but at present, they are in a different planet to us in terms of passion for the club. My main gripe with Farmer/Petrie is that none of them are strong leaders and IMO that is what is required right now at ER. Fenlon is that manager but we need a leader above him.

4. The hysteria must stop or it only compounds the problem, yes by all means everyone can have their opinion but Jesus H C...............some of the stuff being said is just crazy.

5. For the total throbbers who post nonsense if the forums, either think carefully before posting or just don't.

Re number2 is the bad medicine relegation in your eyes?

Re number 4 Do`nt really think its hysteria, reality more likely

Re number 5 So people with opinions are total throbbers, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but total throbbers come of it

Maybe you should wake up and smell the coffee , this team is in dire straits with no or very little light at the end of the tunnel. Im afraid that patience is`nt a virtue among football fans

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Re number 5 So people with opinions are total throbbers, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but total throbbers come of it

Maybe you should wake up and smell the coffee , this team is in dire straits with no or very little light at the end of the tunnel. Im afraid that patience is`nt a virtue among football fans

Spot on Tam, the hysteria isnt the result of yesterday, its the result of under achieving badly for the last couple of seasons.............

FLHIBS
03-01-2012, 09:42 PM

Think we will avoid relegation, mainly due to Dunfy beind as bad as we are

Reality = Hysteria for many fans

Throbbers(a few for sure)

I'm awake my friend but just trying to get a rational view on things, yes its bad and its not going to get much better short-term. However, i'm a believer of good things coming to those who wait.............and the reality is we have to wait and support

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
When we are all but bottom of the league, classing genuine concern as hysteria is nonsense. We slip out of the league this season, in this climate, then everyting we have done and built has been a complete waste of time.

IFONLY
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Think we will avoid relegation, mainly due to Dunfy beind as bad as we are

Reality = Hysteria for many fans

Throbbers(a few for sure)

I'm awake my friend but just trying to get a rational view on things, yes its bad and its not going to get much better short-term. However, i'm a believer of good things coming to those who wait.............and the reality is we have to wait and support

I will wait until after the 14th Jan before I agree with that statement, after all how many points have they taken of us so far?

I Love Lamp
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM

I think if ever the phrase 'tin hat on' applies, it's probably to this post. Agree with a lot of what you say but I think everyone who posts here (with the exception of the Jambo sleepers) ultimately have the club's best interests at heart. I think people need to get used to the idea that, considering the quality of the current playing squad, 11th should be considered success this season. Only a big injection of quality in the window can make a difference to that assessment. EVERYONE wants better and, in the longer term are entitled to expect it, but is there a worse SPL team at the moment? I have my doubts.

FLHIBS
03-01-2012, 09:47 PM
When we are all but bottom of the league, classing genuine concern as hysteria is nonsense. We slip out of the league this season, in this climate, then everyting we have done and built has been a complete waste of time.

I don't disagree with you but there is a dividing line between concern(which we all share) and Hysteria (Fenlon a target already for some)

RIP
03-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Time for the moaning to stop though. Let's roar this team on to a win

Oh and James - hope those essays are finished :wink:

zero-seven
03-01-2012, 10:20 PM
I have supported this club ( from afar now ) for 45years and we are still in the same type of predicament as were were then...we have spikes in mediocrity, i.e. the 70's and when Suauzee and co and Mowbray were winning for fun...truth is, we sell our assets and have no direction ..i remember being in tears when we sold Colin Stein to the huns in the late sixties early seventies..some things will never change, we make our opponents stronger and we accept mediocrity on the pitch when it is time to change direction. Truth is , the players contracts mean nothing therefore we are powerless in some instances. We should have laid the foundation in the seventies with Tom Hart and Ned...missed opportunities is what this club stands for.

worst team i have ever seen at this club..hearts as big as a pinhead, no skill, no stamina, no fitness, no idea of how to play the game..headless chickens.

problem is an age old one and i for one will still support them, but christ it aint pretty to watch its about time we had a board who understands this issue and does something contructive to get us challenging for the league and play a brand of football worthy of the name

Captain Trips
04-01-2012, 08:31 AM

Yes time indeed so he must sign players for that length of time also surely as the way things have been a manager can have had 2 different teams in that time, we will build nothing if he is signing the likes of Doyle for what could turn out to be 1yr and not even one full season. I think if the team is 2nd bottom of SPL in New Year with team below having a game in hand then there is just cause for major concern.

If Fenlon wants 18mth and loan signings that is IMO how long he will last, the turnstyle in the changing room has to stop.

I did not expect to beat Hearts but it was a chance for a real shot in arm and it went badly.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I will wait until after the 14th Jan before I agree with that statement, after all how many points have they taken of us so far?

they not so long ago easily defeated us at Easter Road!!!!!
we were utter pants in that game. DAFC had mettle and fight (bit like Yams other day), we had nothin.
defeat in couple of weeks time and its time to start thinking trips to Patrick and Dens....

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2012, 09:12 AM
I have supported this club ( from afar now ) for 45years and we are still in the same type of predicament as were were then...we have spikes in mediocrity, i.e. the 70's and when Suauzee and co and Mowbray were winning for fun...truth is, we sell our assets and have no direction ..i remember being in tears when we sold Colin Stein to the huns in the late sixties early seventies..some things will never change, we make our opponents stronger and we accept mediocrity on the pitch when it is time to change direction. Truth is , the players contracts mean nothing therefore we are powerless in some instances. We should have laid the foundation in the seventies with Tom Hart and Ned...missed opportunities is what this club stands for.

worst team i have ever seen at this club..hearts as big as a pinhead, no skill, no stamina, no fitness, no idea of how to play the game..headless chickens.

problem is an age old one and i for one will still support them, but christ it aint pretty to watch its about time we had a board who understands this issue and does something contructive to get us challenging for the league and play a brand of football worthy of the name

good post. have to agree here. watched Hibs since late 70s and, 1 or max 2 seasons aside, we have been an extremely average and meek side. All the talk about our conveyor belt of talent has got us where?
I'm sorry, but people like Booth, Hanlon etc just aren't in the same class as the likes of Templeton at hearts or Forrest at Celtic.

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2012, 10:17 AM

I can't see how getting rid of the owner fits in with our need for stability.