PDA

View Full Version : Cowdenbeath

SteveHFC
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Does anyone think we will get beat by them?

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Yes, they'll beat us, we're ****ing terrible...

easty
02-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Nah, we're a decent first division level side. So we should scrape through. Livvy, Dundee or Morton in the next round could be a different story.

Keith_M
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Depends who we sign between now and then

Pretty Boy
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
They will most definitely fancy their chances.and rightly so.

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
They'll be looking forward tae it and fancy their chances, that's for sure.

hibs_123
02-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I wonder what odds Cowdenbeath will be to beat us.... Can see a lot of people betting on Cowdenbeath

Pretty Boy
02-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I wonder what odds Cowdenbeath will be to beat us.... Can see a lot of people betting on Cowdenbeath

The bookies aren't daft. They will have cut the odds big time on Cowdebeath knowing a lot of folk will back them as their upset bet.

Davy Mac
02-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Not much as changed since the last time I visited this area, remember East Fife.

Frik all has changed in 35 years following Hibs that's for sure.

So, no.

Saorsa
02-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I wonder what odds Cowdenbeath will be to beat us.... Can see a lot of people betting on Cowdenbeathcurrently 10/3 on 365

hibs_123
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Aye your right the bookies are no daft, odds will be cut on Cowdenbeath..

10/3 thought they would be better odds than that though

Dinkydoo
02-01-2012, 02:19 PM
No, we will win.

john18722
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Yes we will

Www1875hfc
02-01-2012, 02:32 PM

Dont see why not, why prolong the agony.We are terrible in every single department.

Carheenlea
02-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd doubt if it would be classed as a major shock should we happen to lose next week, but it does present a good opportunity for Fenlon to get his first win and build some confidence in the squad and support for the crucial trip to East End Park in a fortnight. (hopefully with some additions to the team that can help us out of this mess)

h1bs4life
02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Every chance we could get beat, dreading going to the game , having been and seen us get beat at Ross County and Ayr in last 2 years nothing would surprise me. Although you never know a win could kick start the season.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
BRING ON THE COWDEN .. No for the Cup, I'm just preparing for season 12/13! :grr:

Hibs Class
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
We will be favourites and so we should be. There is as much of a chance of an upset at tynecastle as there is at cowdenbeath.

02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I would not put a single penny on us to beat them tbh, we are absolutely dire to say the least!

Lucius Apuleius
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
No f,n chance. 3 or 4 nil.

Andy74
03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
That's the spirit guys :rolleyes:

Aldo
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
We will win and Doyle will get his first Hibs Goal (s)

haagsehibby
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Is Colin Cameron stiil in charge there ?

scoopyboy
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
We shout about the Hibs players not having the balls for a battle, but I'll tell you what, they have more than the half hearted fans on here.

matty_f
03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
We shout about the Hibs players not having the balls for a battle, but I'll tell you what, they have more than the half hearted fans on here.

Spot on. :agree:

Andy74
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM

Correct :agree:

HibsNutter
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Let's be serious, we will probably win. They will fancy their chances though.

HibbyDave
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
The fact that we still have tickets for sale says everything about the confidence of the hibs support that we can get a result. This will be my second match of the season (with a 100% record of winning to date) so get your tickets now!

The_Todd
03-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Correct. But it's an attitude which has infiltrated the entire club from top to bottom including fans.

Aldo
03-01-2012, 02:24 PM
The fact that we still have tickets for sale says everything about the confidence of the hibs support that we can get a result. This will be my second match of the season (with a 100% record of winning to date) so get your tickets now!

Was hoping to make both games but looks like I am missing both.

Beating Cowdenbeath would be a great pre Birthday present and beating the Pars would be an excellent post Birthday present if you get ma drift.

NOLA
03-01-2012, 02:30 PM
yes

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM

Entirely possible, bordering on being fairly likely.

I know there's currently two divisions between the teams but Cowdenbeath's going well just now in the league. They're unbeaten in their 9 home matches so far this season, they're well ahead at the top of their league and they've obviously got a lot of confidence.

We, on the other hand, are a complete shambles, haven't WON in 9 league matches, can barely buy a goal at the moment and have a recent history of going out of the Scottish Cup to a side that is top of the second division.

If I was a Cowdenbeath fan, I would be desperate to get this game played as it represents a massive opportunity for them to reach the last 16 of the cup.

For us, it also represents a huge opportunity for us to get a much needed win under our belts ahead of the massive match the week after at East End Park and if we can get through this potential banana skin, then it may give the club a much needed boost.

All the pressure's on us though. Cowdenbeath have nothing to lose as we're the SPL team and are expected to go through. If we win then it'll be a case of an SPL side gaining a routine victory over a lower league side. However, should the unthinkable happen and we go out on Saturday then there will be even more pressure heaped on the players and everyone connected with the club and it would be a massive setback ahead of the Dunfermline game.

RiseAbove
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM

I reckon we will beat Cowdenbeath and Dunfermline in the coming weeks.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
The hearts *** of a manager will have them fired up. I think they'll go one better than they did last time we met at their stinking dirt track stadium.

sambajustice
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah, we'll probably lose.

We're toiling, no confidence. They're flying, full of confidence and nothing to lose.

Shades of the Raith Rovers and Stirling Albion ties of the past about this one!

IWasThere2016
03-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Correct. But it's an attitude which has infiltrated the entire club from top to bottom including fans.

Indeed - losing mentality has set in.

col02
03-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I am looking forward to the game to be honest as I have never been to Cowdenbeath's ground before for football. It will be a nervy affair I think but we the fans have to stick by the side that will largely play week in week out even though they are struggling. Let's go there in decent numbers and back the team towards a much needed win prior to what is a very important match the week after! It is times like this that the team need every bit of support we can give rather than turning our backs on them. The game last season where we roared them onto beating St Mirren at home was an indication of the positive effect we can have as a support. We might not have had much to cheer about recently but same could be said for the last time we genuinely tried to lift the team.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
They will beats us. Cowdenbeath are 7/2 to win on sky bet and the draw is 12/5. I will have some of that. 7/2 is a good price.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 03:04 PM
They will beats us. Cowdenbeath are 7/2 to win on sky bet and the draw is 12/5. I will have some of that. 7/2 is a good price.

Whilst I think there's every chance that Cowdenbeath could beat us on Saturday, if I was a betting man (which I'm not) there's no way I could ever put money on Hibs losing a football match.

I would feel as if it had been an act of betrayal, as I walked in to collect my winnings.

I just couldn't do it.

Apart from anything else, the £30/£40 (or whatever) that I would win would be no consolation at all for getting put out of the cup by a second division club.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Whilst I think there's every chance that Cowdenbeath could beat us on Saturday, if I was a betting man (which I'm not) there's no way I could ever put money on Hibs losing a football match.

I would feel as if it had been an act of betrayal, as I walked in to collect my winnings.

I just couldn't do it.

Apart from anything else, the £30/£40 (or whatever) that I would win would be no consolation at all for getting put out of the cup by a second division club.

That way if Hibs win and I've done my money then. I honestly can't see us getting a result there. We haven't even come close to selling out our tickets for this game yet have we. There is no confidence in the team just now.

BT58
03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
All cup matches are potential banana skins
Its all down to how we play on the day
CC will have the beath totally wound up
I see he was playing last week,, jeezo i just hope PF
has had them looked at
Would have preferred us to have signed players to either come onbas subs or play in any potential replay
Beath are flying at the moment,,, we are not,, however we should get a result
In saying that,, its hibs were talking about
Used to think hearts where the laughing stock,,,,,,

Steve-O
03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
They just hammered East Fife who beat Aberdeen earlier this season. They also have an ex Jambo as manager. The script is written IMO. 2-1 defeat, and probably a last minute winner as well.

wick hibby
03-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes i am sorry 2 say . 60 years a hibby this the worst team in hibby shirts i have seen in my life time

basehibby
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM

Nah - the team is looking hard working and organised and within that context I don't expect them to have any trouble with Cowdenbeath

Golden Bear
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Nah - the team is looking hard working and organised and within that context I don't expect them to have any trouble with Cowdenbeath

:rolleyes:

I'll say no more.

greenlex
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I would be pleasantly surprised if we don't struggle.

Bad Martini
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Given our recent failure to do anything other muster lacklustre, uninspired and incompetent Fitba there Is every chance we will lose to Cowdenbeath. Let's be honest...WHO is gonna track back defensively, creatively control midfield and put the ball in the net up front ? Perhaps we can play east mains in a central midfield role and put the shiny new east stand up front..???

At The Edge
03-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Will Pat go 4-5-1 against the blue Brasil? will Doyle get on from the start, will we have a new RB in by then?
so many questions and i can't get to the game to see if any will be answered.

as i'll not be there, i'll predict 4-0 to the cabbage!
:pfgwa

Saorsa
03-01-2012, 06:09 PM

I just couldn't do it.

Apart from anything else, the £30/£40 (or whatever) that I would win would be no consolation at all for getting put out of the cup by a second division club.Maybe it's just as well you dinnae bet then. People dinnae bet on teams they want tae win, they bet on teams they think will win or teams they think have good chance of winning at a decent price. Do you think this group of players if they dinnae find their way past a part time 2nd division outfit will feel guilty about the decent amount they are getting paid or the amount of money the fans have spent/wasted following them? I doubt it. I have a bet on Cowden, but I'll be quite happy, delighted in fact tae lose the lot for a Hibs win, but will I feel guilty winning if this lot lose again? Will I ****!

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Maybe it's just as well you dinnae bet then. People dinnae bet on teams they want tae win, they bet on teams they think will win or teams they think have good chance of winning at a decent price. Do you think this group of players if they dinnae find their way past a part time 2nd division outfit will feel guilty about the decent amount they are getting paid or the amount of money the fans have spent/wasted following them? I doubt it. I have a bet on Cowden, but I'll be quite happy, delighted in fact tae lose the lot for a Hibs win, but will I feel guilty winning if this lot lose again? Will I ****!

I understand the point of betting, but out of all the matches being played on Saturday, there must be others where there's a clear favourite.

I would rather stick my money on them instead and just leave the Hibs match alone.

Alfred E Newman
03-01-2012, 08:49 PM
They just hammered East Fife who beat Aberdeen earlier this season. They also have an ex Jambo as manager. The script is written IMO. 2-1 defeat, and probably a last minute winner as well.

They must have a Hearts loan player who is guaranteed a goal. I can see us facing a replay at fortress Easter Road.

matty_f
03-01-2012, 08:51 PM
I think folk are getting carried away a bit here. Cowdenbeath play in the second division.

Hibs win.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I think folk are getting carried away a bit here. Cowdenbeath play in the second division.

Hibs win.

So did Ayr Utd last season. :rolleyes:

Monts
03-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Come on guys, dont be so negative!

The team that get relagated usually does well in the cup.

Hibs win.

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Hibs win.

An early Cowdenbeath goal would set the cat amongst the pigeons though.....Have the players got the bottle for a fight?

3pm
03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Hibs will tuck them away. 2-0.

NOLA
03-01-2012, 09:42 PM
if im going to the game i stick a bet on us losing, if we win im happy as larry, if we lose i can spend my "winnings" on forgetting we lost

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Hibs win.

The same division that a certain Ayr United were and in we couldn't beat them in 2 attempts last season & we're in a much worse state now...