It's been ***** so far

:rolleyes: Hmmmm 5 letters ... No Bad ?

R'Albin
31-12-2011, 10:33 PM
:rolleyes: Hmmmm 5 letters ... No Bad ?

..Great?

silverhibee
31-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Thats the worst Only an excuse i have watched. Colin Nish.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Thats the worst Only an excuse i have watched. Colin Nish.

Didn't bother with it this year but it's safe to say that it past its sell-by date several years ago.

BBC Scotland really needs to freshen up its line-up for Hogmanay because it's garbage.

James70
31-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Is there no escape from Jackie Bird?

fatbloke
31-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Didn't bother with it this year but it's safe to say that it past its sell-by date several years ago.

BBC Scotland really needs to freshen up its line-up for Hogmanay because it's garbage.

Thankfully I set my SkyPlus to miss it:greengrin

sundo1875
31-12-2011, 11:23 PM
They should have the Paul Reid show next year only an excuse way past it's sell by date

BazzaHiby
31-12-2011, 11:35 PM
...is much better than Hogmany live, you can see everyone getting more and more drunk as the show goes on, and no Jackie Bird!

Matty_Jack04
01-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Is there no escape from Jackie Bird?

How old is she? Seems to have been about my entire life! I'd still nail it tho ....maybe too much vodka????

Sir David Gray
01-01-2012, 12:32 AM
She'll be 50 this year.

Matty_Jack04
01-01-2012, 12:39 AM
She'll be 50 this year.

Good age

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Ive no watched it this year but im sure it's pish

silverhibee
01-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Ive no watched it this year but im sure it's pish

Believe me it is.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Believe me it is.

Good. Saved me from watching this pish.

Bayern Bru
01-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Half an hour I won't get back. Watson has about 8 minutes of material that he manages to stretch out for much longer than you'd think possible. Utter gash.

ALF TUPPER
01-01-2012, 08:14 AM
He's ripping the @£$* right out of it.

Wasnt funny. Material was rank and impersonations were p*ss poor. Its the same regurgitated gash every year : Alex Ferguson, McAvennie, Chick Young . Denis Law etc/.... I only knew who they were coz he's been doing them for years. The rest ..... Huvnae a clue. Youre take on Levein was dross. Embarrassed for you. Jimmy Calderwood, Martin O'Neil are gone - so youre ******.

Watson youre finished. Pack it in son .... Yer no funny! You only get this gig because the BBC has made Only an Excuse into some kind of New Year tradition. Hopefully the BBC will trim its budget and bin you in 2012. As one of the previous posters said - give that Paul Reid a chance. At least he sounds like the characters. You know who he is impersonating.

PETRIE GET IT SORTED !!

ronaldo7
01-01-2012, 08:17 AM
It wiz mince.

SkintHibby
01-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Any gags on it about the old firm?

SkintHibby
01-01-2012, 08:29 AM
I seen an article in a paper the other day and Jonathan Watson said that because so much happened in the SPL in 2011 he had a wealth of material to go on so this years OAE would be the best ever!!!

For the record, I've met Jonathan Watson. He's a knob who has a very high opinion of himself.:agree:

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2012, 09:13 AM
The whole BBC Scotland new year extravaganza was absolute garbage. Half an hour of repeated comedy clips ,a repeat of Still Game, The atrocious and unfunny Only an excuse to crack gags about Rangers and Celtic and the usual Jackie Bird stuff.
Its so tired and is a poor reflection on our national broadcasting station and their abilty to produce quality entertainment.
Where was the traditional pause for reflection before the bells on another year gone by ? By the time I gave up and went to my bed there had been not one Scottish dance just the tiresome Ally and Phil and some wailing singers. The audience looked like they were at a wake. Awful awful stuff.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Bring back the White Heather Club...:greengrin

James70
01-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Hogmanay tv has never been the same since Ricky Fulton passed away, Scotch and Wry was a real highlight.

thebakerboy
01-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Been watching Jools Hollands Hootenany for several years now , always a good show even if it is recorded in September.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Hogmanay tv has never been the same since Ricky Fulton passed away, Scotch and Wry was a real highlight.

They could do the Rev IM Jolly but with Petrie. That would not require any acting skills.

DAVE1875
01-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Thought the Man United nicknames part was the best bit by far. Never gonna forgive that guy for murdering Sunshine on Leith on the Hogmanay show

Makaveli
01-01-2012, 11:43 AM
He's ripping the @£$* right out of it.

Wasnt funny. Material was rank and impersonations were p*ss poor. Its the same regurgitated gash every year : Alex Ferguson, McAvennie, Chick Young . Denis Law etc/.... I only knew who they were coz he's been doing them for years. The rest ..... Huvnae a clue. Youre take on Levein was dross. Embarrassed for you. Jimmy Calderwood, Martin O'Neil are gone - so youre ******.

Watson youre finished. Pack it in son .... Yer no funny! You only get this gig because the BBC has made Only an Excuse into some kind of New Year tradition. Hopefully the BBC will trim its budget and bin you in 2012. As one of the previous posters said - give that Paul Reid a chance. At least he sounds like the characters. You know who he is impersonating.

PETRIE GET IT SORTED !!

That's exactly it. They're now caricatures of his caricatures.

--------
01-01-2012, 12:15 PM
The whole BBC Scotland new year extravaganza was absolute garbage. Half an hour of repeated comedy clips ,a repeat of Still Game, The atrocious and unfunny Only an excuse to crack gags about Rangers and Celtic and the usual Jackie Bird stuff.
Its so tired and is a poor reflection on our national broadcasting station and their abilty to produce quality entertainment.
Where was the traditional pause for reflection before the bells on another year gone by ? By the time I gave up and went to my bed there had been not one Scottish dance just the tiresome Ally and Phil and some wailing singers. The audience looked like they were at a wake. Awful awful stuff.

Well, I watched Match of the Day on the Sky box - some cracking goals, Gromit - and toddled off to bed. I swas just drifting off to sleep when some lunatic woke me up ringing the church bell at midnight. Nearly had a heart attack - I thought I'd slept in.

Scottish Hogmanay TV always was and ever will be totally and utterly embarrassing. Watson needs to be humanely euthanised to put the rest of us out of our misery whenever he comes on TV.

skipster7
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Its been dire for many,many years.cant remember the last time i even smiled at it.needs put out of its misery:agree:

johnrebus
01-01-2012, 12:28 PM

The BBC could just repeat any Hogmany show from around 1971 onwards and no-one would notice the difference........,

TheEastTerrace
01-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Most likely reflective of the state of Scottish football in the top division - churning out pish for many a year but noone has the baws to actually do anything about changing it.

gordieboy
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Very dissapoined last night with Still Game{repeat} and Only an excuse,well past their sell by date.Sky+ them too,delete not worth keeping.

seven nowt
01-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I'll just add to this. I like the programme, but this year was absolutely *****!

Still Game seemed better than "Only an Excuse", might as well call it "Celtic and Rangers" show anyway.

john18722
01-01-2012, 01:35 PM
We watched the London fireworks on BBC One HD and they were amazing.

Malthibby
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
OaE was absolutely dire & has been for years. Can only assume Watson has
friends at the BBC because it's embarrassing.

RyeSloan
01-01-2012, 02:45 PM
The BBC could just repeat any Hogmany show from around 1971 onwards and no-one would notice the difference........,

True but it was at least an effort....what did STV have on?

SkintHibby
01-01-2012, 05:36 PM
We watched the London fireworks on BBC One HD and they were amazing.

I'd rather watch OAE. Fireworks on TV? Good to know TV was sheite all over the UK!

Glad I slept through it all.

matty_f
01-01-2012, 05:38 PM
OaE was absolutely dire & has been for years. Can only assume Watson has
friends at the BBC because it's embarrassing.

I stopped watching it years ago and even then the Macca 'Where's ra burds' patter was way out of date.

Baader
01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Thankfully missed it. Same old poor stuff I imagine. Quite embarrassing.

Is he still finding reason to get Jim Leishman in there? And others we don't really see anymore?

Wouldn't surprise me to see Canniggia, Simon Stainrod, Ivan Golac (anyone else that played in Scotland post 1975) expertly taken off in next year's 'hilarious' installment ... :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
01-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Jonathan Watson is to comedy what Hertz are to fitba' - rank rotten and on their dying legs

3pm
01-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Jonathan Watson is to comedy what Hertz are to fitba' - rank rotten and on their dying legs

Lock the thread. Nobody will sum it up any better than this.

Well done JB.