PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worried about Paddy?

Bob Box Fish
28-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Most managers make 'some' impact when they come to a new club even if it's only a few wins to start with just from a fresh / different outlook.

Biggest worry is his team selection / tactics, when I saw the line up there was no way we were ever winning with that midfield. Stevenson and Galbraith should both have gone in the summer and Sproule is past his best. Dave Farrell and Brian Hamilton would look better on a team sheet.

Hope he gets a chance to bring in his own players and improve the situation but his line up / tactics are a big worry for me. . .

Nuitdelune
28-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Oh no, please no!:rolleyes:

Saorsa
28-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Think I'll give him another week before I start worrying about him :agree: then He'll have tae go :rolleyes:

Kato
28-12-2011, 09:57 PM
This is a great idea. Post something truly awful, not to say ignorant, about a guy just in the job.

Should he just leave now or should he ask your permission?

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Most managers make 'some' impact when they come to a new club even if it's only a few wins to start with just from a fresh / different outlook.

Biggest worry is his team selection / tactics, when I saw the line up there was no way we were ever winning with that midfield. Stevenson and Galbraith should both have gone in the summer and Sproule is past his best. Dave Farrell and Brian Hamilton would look better on a team sheet.

Hope he gets a chance to bring in his own players and improve the situation but his line up / tactics are a big worry for me. . .

He has very few options all the players in the squad have confimed they are not good enough.

I am wee bit concerned we play Hoofball and do not create chances we made NO Chances tonight scored with our only effort on target.

Peevemor
28-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I must say, his signings have yet to convince me.

TheEastTerrace
28-12-2011, 10:00 PM

He's pishin with someone else's c*ck - jeezo, give him a break.

It's the players that are the fundamental issue at Hibs.

Bob Box Fish
28-12-2011, 10:01 PM
At no point do I say he should go.

Can anyone name a worse HIBS midfield on paper than what was played tonight?

I hope he gets half a dozen players in during the window and turns it around but come on that midfield is the worst I have seen since I have been going to Easter road !

jdships
28-12-2011, 10:02 PM

I know it's just your opinion , which you are entitled to , BUT for pity's sake give the guy a chance :rolleyes:

.Sean.
28-12-2011, 10:03 PM
It's not his fault he's replaced an utter ****ing idiot.

Kato
28-12-2011, 10:04 PM
At no point do I say he should go.

Can anyone name a worse HIBS midfield on paper than what was played tonight?

I hope he gets half a dozen players in during the window and turns it around but come on that midfield is the worst I have seen since I have been going to Easter road !

Your actually digging yourself a bigger hole than in your op.

Big Frank
28-12-2011, 10:05 PM

Crock of ****.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Not worried at all. All he is doing is shuffling a losing hand and trying to pick up a point here and there. If we can hoof our way to 11th place by the season end it will be job done, and then a massive clear out.

Speedway
28-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Last manager to get a response from a failing Hibs team was Blobby.

How did that turn out?

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Who?

Kato
28-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Last manager to get a response from a failing Hibs team was Blobby.

How did that turn out?

A Cup Final and blooded some of the best youngsters we've had in 30 years.

nortonhibby
28-12-2011, 10:15 PM
FGS Give the man time he is just in the door 4 bl--dy games he is having to utilise players that are the dregs of yogis team and the dross that CC Brought in.

Jan Window decent cash spent and we can see what PF Can do.:pfgwa

PaulSmith
28-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Can we just delete this nonsense of a thread already

Davy Mac
28-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Fair doo's, I know what you are saying for e.g. Martin O'Neil has started to turn things around at Sunderland but we are asking PF to turn around a team who can't and are unlikely to get footballing basics right never mind start winning games.

Some of them are truly out of their depth even at this level and they need to be shipped out pronto.

Hamilton was pish apart from hitting the post in the Skol Cup Final, but at least David Farrell put in a tackle even if it did result in eff all.

His tactics are probably fine it's the players that don't seem to have the talent to execute them.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Can we just delete this nonsense of a thread already

Thats right just censor the forum because you diagree :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Teuchter Hibbie
28-12-2011, 10:21 PM
nope not worried at all, he's making the best with what he's got. you might think his selections are poor, but who else have we got?? calderwood has sapped the life from hibs, and paddy is left to clear up the mess. i have confidence in him, and i reckon he will really strengthen us in the transfer window. i dont think we will see a vast improvement until he's got some new faces in to galvanise the squad, but i 100% back him to keep us up this season, and expect us to be back in the top 6 next season.

Wotherspiniesta
28-12-2011, 10:23 PM

Seriously, mods has this idiot not had long enough on this board?

Gets called out as a Jambo about 5 times a season and is still lurking around looking for a rise.

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 10:24 PM

If you were Fenlon, what would your tactics have been tonight?

Build a time machine to go back in time (when he wasn't manager) and replace the dross in the present? :dunno:

nortonhibby
28-12-2011, 10:25 PM
nope not worried at all, he's making the best with what he's got. you might think his selections are poor, but who else have we got?? calderwood has sapped the life from hibs, and paddy is left to clear up the mess. i have confidence in him, and i reckon he will really strengthen us in the transfer window. i dont think we will see a vast improvement until he's got some new faces in to galvanise the squad, but i 100% back him to keep us up this season, and expect us to be back in the top 6 next season.

Good post and thanks for adding sanity to this thread yes he is making the best of what he has got which in fairness is not a lot the man is trying to un do 2 years of crap in a few weeks.

His name is PF Not Paul Daniels:pfgwa

Speedway
28-12-2011, 10:26 PM
A Cup Final and blooded some of the best youngsters we've had in 30 years.

Where we lost to Livingston and tried to give two of the best youngsters away.

He blooded them because he had no choice, not because he was a great manager.

mcfly
28-12-2011, 10:30 PM

lets judge the man when he gets his own players in........jose mourinho couldnt pick a winning team with the dross pat fenlon inherited.

there will be a lot of unemployed hibs players in the near future

we will get better, the transfer window opens very soon and new players will arrive. keep the faith

Captain Trips
28-12-2011, 10:31 PM
To early to judge IMO, what I will say is I am expect to see something positive happening at some juncture soon, while I do not expect us to shoot up table I expect an improvement on results if he is a better manager.

I am not interested in "it isnt his players" they are his players now and became his when he joined, CC got away with murder results based on it wasnt his players it turned out it didnt matter he wasnt able regardless.

I hope Pat can turn it as we cannot keep on going like this.

SneakersO'Toole
28-12-2011, 10:32 PM
The reason we have not had the 'new manager' impact is quite simply down to the fact that the entire first team squad at Hibs are in no way near good enough to wear the jersey. They are a disgrace, every last one of them down to a man.

We have no quality, therefore we can't play football.

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 10:35 PM
To early to judge IMO, what I will say is I am expect to see something positive happening at some juncture soon, while I do not expect us to shoot up table I expect an improvement on results if he is a better manager.

I am not interested in "it isnt his players" they are his players now and became his when he joined, CC got away with murder results based on it wasnt his players it turned out it didnt matter he wasnt able regardless.

I hope Pat can turn it as we cannot keep on going like this.

It does make you wonder though if its just down to the managers or the players, or if there is something else thats going on. Something thats been going on behind the scenes for what seems like years.

It can't just be coincidence that ultimately every manager & player that has been with Hibs have been rank rotten, or have turned rank rotten very quickly and always look as if they can't wait to leave.

Very worrying and can't help feeling as if we're over looking something.

mca
28-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Expecting pat to turn this shower of keek around - in a Month !!!

some "if" real hibs fans expect too much......

maybe someone can tell the hearts guys who start these threads - it has actually took vlad years to kill the club... he just wants until january to finish the job..

PaulSmith
28-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Thats right just censor the forum because you diagree :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I have the right to reply and the post is a crock of shi'ite IMO and a anyone with half an ounce of sanity will see that he has got the team working as hard as they can but the quality of player brought in over the last 12 months is pathetic.

I'd say that his tactics are actually spot on with the ineptitude of the players at his disposal, asking them to do anything other than work hard and close down is suicide. If that team were set up to play expansive football then we would have been torn apart tonight.

Anyway to answer you're 'rolly eyed' reply I fail to see what benefit there is to anyone in starting a thread like this unless there is an another motive for doing so.

edwards
28-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Paddy doesn't play the game on the park the players do, Still I can't believe we are having this discussion.
If that fire hadn't taken place at Fir Park and we got the three points he would have been a hero.
Jesus our defence are woeful and the thought of playing the yams in the next game is utterly frightening.

O'Hanlon CC
Hart Yogi
Scott CC
Pallson CC
Sodje CC
Agogo CC
Thornhill CC
Brown Yogi
Stack Yogi
Sproule CC
O'Connor CC
Griffiths CC
Stephens Yogi
Galbraith Yogi

Doyle Paddy

I think tonights game was the last chance for a lot of our players to prove themselves as Fenlon appeared absolutley exasperated.
That was our first result at home in how many games. :rolleyes:
Paddy needs to choose wisely in January and I as a hibs supporter have faith in him.

nortonhibby
28-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Paddy doesn't play the game on the park the players do, Still I can't believe we are having this discussion.
If that fire hadn't taken place at Fir Park and we got the three points he would have been a hero.
Jesus our defence are woeful and the thought of playing the yams in the next game is utterly frightening.

O'Hanlon CC
Hart Yogi
Scott CC
Pallson CC
Sodje CC
Agogo CC
Thornhill CC
Brown Yogi
Stack Yogi
Sproule CC
O'Connor CC
Griffiths CC
Stephens Yogi
Galbraith Yogi

Doyle Paddy

I think tonights game was the last chance for a lot of our players to prove themselves as Fenlon appeared absolutley exasperated.
That was our first result at home in how many games. :rolleyes:
Paddy needs to choose wisely in January and I as a hibs supporter have faith in him.

CC has broght in the most of the dross.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Well I have the right to reply and the post is a crock of shi'ite IMO and a anyone with half an ounce of sanity will see that he has got the team working as hard as they can but the quality of player brought in over the last 12 months is pathetic.

I'd say that his tactics are actually spot on with the ineptitude of the players at his disposal, asking them to do anything other than work hard and close down is suicide. If that team were set up to play expansive football then we would have been torn apart tonight.

Anyway to answer you're 'rolly eyed' reply I fail to see what benefit there is to anyone in starting a thread like this unless there is an another motive for doing so.

Hibs appear to be better set up but still look terrible.
We were over run by D Utd and the same happened in the 1st half tonight.

I think the whole squad are vey poor and any manager would struggle with this lot but I really think we should be more difficult to score against especially when we are creating nothing up front.

Pat needs a win it does not matter how he gets it he needs it now, the quality of the other teams in the SPL is very poor and even with this crock of XXXX a manager should be able to motivate and organise a team to get a win very soon.

silverhibee
28-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Have to say his choice of subs tonight were poor, why not put another striker on, and Pallson and Murray were never going to win us the game.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-12-2011, 11:01 PM
In response to the OP, no, no I'm not. Not at all.

PaulSmith
28-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Have to say his choice of subs tonight were poor, why not put another striker on, and Pallson and Murray were never going to win us the game.

He had the savvy to realise that we were lucky to still be in it and that every point is currently a prisoner. I was glad of a point tonight as it gives us something to build on.

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 11:06 PM

Looked like he was shutting up shop.

As depressing as it is, we still got a vital point tonight which keeps us ahead of the pars (temporarily at least).

I think we're really going to be scraping by for the rest of the season and that'll mean taking whatever we can get, even from the rest of the dross in the league.

nortonhibby
28-12-2011, 11:08 PM
He had the savvy to realise that we were lucky to still be in it and that every point is currently a prisoner. I was glad of a point tonight as it gives us something to build on.

Sanity at last agreed good post we need something to grasp on to after 4 defeats in a row we now have a point at last its more than CC Could provide.

PF Has been given a bad hand he needs to shuffle it in Jan RP Needs to splash the cash.:flag:

Gatecrasher
28-12-2011, 11:10 PM
In response to the OP, no, no I'm not. Not at all.
:agree: same

The_Todd
28-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm more worried for him than about him. He must be wondering what he let himself in for.

Aldo
28-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I have not read all the posts but I know this for a fact

WE ARE *****

We play as individuals and not as a team and at the moment I expect absolutely nothing. And the players are nowhere near good enough.

The last 2 managers have totally ****ed us up with the dross they have brought to the club . 11th is the best I expect at the moment but that may change come the
1st where I expect another 4 players brought in (not including Doyle)

mca
28-12-2011, 11:16 PM

As depressing as it is, we still got a vital point tonight which keeps us ahead of the pars (temporarily at least).

I think we're really going to be scraping by for the rest of the season and that'll mean taking whatever we can get, even from the rest of the dross in the league.

cany help but Agree with that...

a point was more that worthy.... :not worth

listening oan the wireless - the commentary was pash - but a point gives us something to go into the derby with... better than a gubbing beforehand = no ??

Sir David Gray
28-12-2011, 11:16 PM
He needs two years to turn things around at Hibs.

Anyone seriously thinking that he was going to make any real impact after a month in charge, with this current squad, is delusional.

The entire squad, with the exception of literally one or two, is utter garbage and not worthy of wearing the Hibs shirt. It's almost impossible to do anything when things are as bad as that.

JustSimplyHibs
28-12-2011, 11:20 PM

Most managers make an 'impact' when a team has went 20 games without a decent game not 3/4 years!!!

His team selection is the best available (bar Sproule) what would you put out???????????

The players lack confidence 1st half evident on a switch of play that took 4 passes when really it should have been done in 2 passes...

To be perfectly honest if i was manager i would get rid off 6 players in Jan....Sproule, Hart, Thornhill, Aggogo, Sodja, Towel....if i was an opposing manager i would pinpoint the side Sproule is on as the weak link....(look at the goals we have let in since his arrival, you will get an idea of why i want rid :wink: )

whiskyhibby
28-12-2011, 11:20 PM

Admins. Please delete this nonsense post.......

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Admins. Please delete this nonsense post.......

I'll second that.

scuttle
28-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Thought it was a really positive team selection tonight ,two up front with two attacking wingers the only problem with it was Oconnor, Grifpish ,Galbraith and Sproule were crap. Sproule contributed nothing and I mean nothing.We had two attacking fullbacks too in Spoony and Booth.It was as an attack minded team on paper that we could have fielded. I dont think it was Fenlons fault that the team were p***

nortonhibby
28-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Thought it was a really positive team selection tonight ,two up front with two attacking wingers the only problem with it was Oconnor, Grifpish ,Galbraith and Sproule were crap. Sproule contributed nothing and I mean nothing.We had two attacking fullbacks too in Spoony and Booth.It was as an attack minded team on paper that we could have fielded. I dont think it was Fenlons fault that the team were p***

we got a priceless point PF Done well.:flag:

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Not entirely sure what the tactics were but when the players are so woeful, unfit, lazy, and low on confidence, its hard to see what PF can do at this stage.

Sergeant Hibs
28-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Oh FFS how long will it take for our fans to realise its not the manager thats wrong its the players it failed with mixu yogi CC when will we realise Sir Alex Ferguson couldnt get us playing well if you are going to judge the guy wait till he's brought in his players and got rid of this **** how long until the fans are shouting FENLON MUST GO gie the guy a chance FFS

lucky
28-12-2011, 11:49 PM
PF did shut up shop and got us a point. O Hanlon had a header cleared of the line in last minute. Hibs are better organised now but still have so many piss poor players

hibees707070
28-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes very worried. The changes he made tonight were calderwood like. He needs to be given time but from what I've seen so far I'm worried. The players are pish everyone accepts that but he is still insisting on playing players out of position. Give the younger guys a chance at least your guaranteed 100% effort!

greenlex
28-12-2011, 11:59 PM
No. If that had been any of Calderwoods Hughes or even Mixus teams tonight I reckon we would have been pointless.

Pete
29-12-2011, 12:01 AM
I don't know about all this "shutting up shop" business.

Sticking Murray in defence and letting Spoony replace an ineffectual Ivan seemed pretty positive.
I thought we were pushing forward in the last ten without letting ourselves get too exposed (which is still pretty exposed) and it looked like we were pushing with four up front at times.
I wouldn't say we parked the bus or went for it. I thought we played it just right considering the state we are in.

PaulSmith
29-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Yes very worried. The changes he made tonight were calderwood like. He needs to be given time but from what I've seen so far I'm worried. The players are pish everyone accepts that but he is still insisting on playing players out of position. Give the younger guys a chance at least your guaranteed 100% effort!

Who was playing out of position tonight?

'very worried' about Fenlon, your at the wind up but no very good at it.

greenlex
29-12-2011, 12:10 AM
I don't know about all this "shutting up shop" business.

Sticking Murray in defence and letting Spoony replace an ineffectual Ivan seemed pretty positive.
I thought we were pushing forward in the last ten without letting ourselves get too exposed (which is still pretty exposed) and it looked like we were pushing with four up front at times.
I wouldn't say we parked the bus or went for it. I thought we played it just right considering the state we are in.
The biggest positive thing he did was haul off Towell for Palsson. Should have done it at Half time.

The Green Goblin
29-12-2011, 12:10 AM
I was there tonight (first game in a year as I live in S America) and I was shocked at how bad we were. I think that PF needs months and years to fix this, rather than days as the op suggested (silly to say PF should have done more really YH)

Thoughts on tonight while I am on then...Sproule was utterly non-existent, our midfield was powder puff and small, wotherspoon is not a right back and we should build our "new" team round Calum Booth, who for me was the only player in a Hibs jersey tonight who actually looked and player anything like a proper footballer; always looking to pass, always positive and always totally composed. Well done to him.

I am really afraid for Monday. I wonder if we wouldn't be better off putting Scott and Palsson in the starting line-up, not for any reason other than to increase our physical presence and size against Hearts and anything else is a bonus? Yes, I honestly thought we were that bad and I do think it is that desperate. But to return to the op, Fenlon

The Green Goblin
29-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Sorry (stupid phone) Fenlon needs a lot of time and more patience than we would normally give a manager. It's really that simple. I really hope we give it to him.

greenlex
29-12-2011, 12:17 AM
I was there tonight (first game in a year as I live in S America) and I was shocked at how bad we were. I think that PF needs months and years to fix this, rather than days as the op suggested (silly to say PF should have done more really YH)

Thoughts on tonight while I am on then...Sproule was utterly non-existent, our midfield was powder puff and small, wotherspoon is not a right back and we should build our "new" team round Calum Booth, who for me was the only player in a Hibs jersey tonight who actually looked and player anything like a proper footballer; always looking to pass, always positive and always totally composed. Well done to him.

I am really afraid for Monday. I wonder if we wouldn't be better off putting Scott and Palsson in the starting line-up, not for any reason other than to increase our physical presence and size against Hearts and anything else is a bonus? Yes, I honestly thought we were that bad and I do think it is that desperate. But to return to the op, Fenlon
Absolutely spot on about Scott and Palsson for Monday Green Goblin. Leave Sproule and Towell on the bench. If Ozzys fit him for Galbraith.
we will need to scrap for anything on Monday

J-C
29-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Unfortunately no manager can motivate and get a response from this bunch, major surgery needed again, 3-4 in january and and another 4-5 in the summer. A complete back line is needed, not one is good enough for hibs, 2 midfielders( 1 a playmaker ) and a striker( already bought ). Why is Brown not being given a go, Stack is garbage.

Players to go Agogo, Sodje, Scott, O'hanlon, Murray, Hart, Hanlon, Galbraith, Sproule, Griffiths, and that's for starters.

hibees707070
29-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Who was playing out of position tonight?

'very worried' about Fenlon, your at the wind up but no very good at it.

Towell (to a certain extent), wotherspoon, Murray when he came on tonight. The last few weeks Galbraith right and sproule left.

J-C
29-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Towell (to a certain extent), wotherspoon, Murray when he came on tonight. The last few weeks Galbraith right and sproule left.

Quite a lot of managers play wingers on the opposite wing as they cut back onto their stronger foot, Ashley Young, Nani etc

yekimevol
29-12-2011, 12:56 AM
I am worried about ANY man who thinks that a center midfield duo of richie towell and lewis stevenson can dictate a football match,

sboothibs
29-12-2011, 12:58 AM
:flag:

As I said, to fellow Hibs fans after the final whistle, it was a point gained, something we would not have had if CC was still at the helm. Lets move on from here. We know that it will take time for things to happen and for PF to move us on, but as HIBS supporters we have got to be on side. There was a lot of booing, in the East, after the final whistle tonight which i thought was undeserved. I thought that we as supporters were going to give PF a chance. What personnel changes has he been able to undertake yet, lets see what Jan brings and take it from there.

Bring on Monday and lets see what is acheivable. Maybe, ust maybe PF will have that magic derby touch which we have been missing for so long.

GGTTH

:pfgwa

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 01:07 AM

Yeah i understand that, but why not bring on Sodge rather than Scott, and shut up shop with Pallson and Murray, it would have maybe gave us a we chance at the end with the 3 corners in a row if we had with Sodge in the box, we needed to win our game tonight and get three points on the board, we cant close up shop at home for the rest of the season, we have to take some chances and go for the win in games at home.

KiddA
29-12-2011, 01:13 AM

You can only p##s with the c##k you have got. The players he has at his disposal are terrible.

matty_f
29-12-2011, 01:14 AM

This is what I thought at the game as well.Both Griffiths and O'Connor were honking tonight, Sodje would have given us more than either of them, IMHO and I was surprised not to see him come on.

In hindsight, I agree with this. Better getting a point than getting nothing.

Northernhibee
29-12-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm starting to think we genuinely need a good 10-15 new players to even reclaim a top six spot.

Of the entire squad who has played this year, I'd keep Booth, Osbourne, Wotherspoon, Sodje (just because of his goal scoring at the second half of last year) and probably Broonie as well, as long as he works on his communication.

I don't think there's anyone else I'd wish to keep. Get the likes of Handling, Crawford, Stanton etc. bulked up and ready for first team football, and get a whole load of new players in, rather than having a load of 4-5 players every transfer window, let's have an almighty clear-out, get them in, suffer the pain whilst they gel and build from scratch, as something has been stinking for a while in our club.

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Why is Brown not being given a go, Stack is garbage.

I agree that Stack is garbage. When a cross comes in it's like he's got two railway sleeper bolts through his feet. It's like somebody's just slung a huge squeezy turd across the pitch at him.

But Brown is garbage on stilts. His goals conceded record in all matches against SPL opposition is nearly 2 per game (1.86). When you've got a keeper conceding an average of two goals per game you need to be scoring an average of two per game just to get a draw. Can you really see Hibs doing that? (Hint: Over the whole of 2011, our scoring average against SPL opposition was less than 1 goal per game).

You want a keeper to replace Stack? Then here's a suggestion: Go and ask Makalamby back. Tell him we'll give him another chance. Here are some Hibs career stats for you:

Brown:
Games: 29. Goals: 54. Average goals: 1.86. Clean Sheets: 3. Average clean sheets: 10%.

Stack:
Games: 49. Goals: 68. Average goals: 1.39. Clean sheets: 13. Average clean sheets: 27%

Maka:
Games: 64. Goals: 76. Average goals: 1.19. Clean sheets: 21. Average clean sheets: 33%

I surmise that the reason why Maka had more than three times as many clean sheets than Brown, and conceded what equates to 26 fewer goals over the course of an SPL season, is that when Maka wasn't giving away the occasional daft goal by doing the unthinkable - actually coming off his line and trying to cut out crosses - he was saving large numbers of efforts which his successors have let in.

(Edit: BTW Graeme Smith's goals against and clean sheets stats were almost identical to Brown's)

Hibercelona
29-12-2011, 01:28 AM
This job could quite easily take the man several years. But with fans like ours, he'll be lucky to get several months before he's hauled out as being a "clown" or a "useless mug".

We'll completely ignore the fact that he hasn't been given enough money to make any kind of positive changes and the cycle of doom will continue to go round and round.

Northernhibee
29-12-2011, 01:30 AM
I agree that Stack is garbage. When a cross comes in it's like he's got two railway sleeper bolts through his feet. It's like somebody's just slung a huge squeezy turd across the pitch at him.

But Brown is garbage on stilts. His goals conceded record in all matches against SPL opposition is nearly 2 per game (1.86). When you've got a keeper conceding an average of two goals per game you need to be scoring an average of two per game just to get a draw. Can you really see Hibs doing that? (Hint: Over the whole of 2011, our scoring average against SPL opposition was less than 1 goal per game).

You want a keeper to replace Stack? Then here's a suggestion: Go and ask Makalamby back. Tell him we'll give him another chance. Here are some Hibs career stats for you:

Brown:
Games: 29. Goals: 54. Average goals: 1.86. Clean Sheets: 3. Average clean sheets: 10%.

Stack:
Games: 49. Goals: 68. Average goals: 1.39. Clean sheets: 13. Average clean sheets: 27%

Maka:
Games: 64. Goals: 76. Average goals: 1.19. Clean sheets: 21. Average clean sheets: 33%

I surmise that the reason why Maka had more than three times as many clean sheets than Brown, and conceded what equates to 26 fewer goals over the course of an SPL season, is that when Maka wasn't giving away the occasional daft goal by doing the unthinkable - actually coming off his line and trying to cut out crosses - he was saving large numbers of efforts which his successors have let in.

Mind you, Maka never had that baldy bawbag O'Hanlon in front of him. Stack and Brown under CC and the second half of Yogi's reign had an absolutely horrific defence in front of them, who in turn had a woeful midfield in front of them.

Hibercelona
29-12-2011, 01:31 AM

Brown:

Stack:

Maka:

:agree:

Regardless of the odd Maka blunder, I always felt he was unfairly hounded out by the majority. One of the "better" goalies from last decade.

easty
29-12-2011, 01:36 AM

Regardless of the odd Maka blunder, I always felt he was unfairly hounded out by the majority. One of the "better" goalies from last decade.

He really wisnae. He probably didnt deserve the stick he got, but that goes for a lot of players. Maka was an average keeper.

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 02:38 AM
He really wisnae. He probably didnt deserve the stick he got, but that goes for a lot of players. Maka was an average keeper.

Actually, easty, he really wisnae.

Apart from the keepers I have already mentioned, Maka's record in both goals conceded and clean sheets was considerably better than Simon Brown as well, and miles better than either Zibi or Daniel Andersson. It was so much better than Nick Colgan's in Colgan's last season with Hibs that I can't be bothered trawling back to see if Colgan was better in his earlier seasons.

I can't help thinking that there must have been another incumbent between Andersson and Zibi, but I can't remember who he was. Maybe he was the great Hibee goalkeeper you're comparing Maka with? Or maybe you're thinking of Gottskalksson?

You can chuck in Caig and McNeil if you like, and any other keeper who's played any significant number of games for us. As far as I can ascertain, judged by his actual playing records of goals conceded and clean sheets (and since Colgan only Simon Brown has played more games - two - than he did), Maka has been the most successful Hibs keeper this century, by a considerable margin. And he certainly wasn't playing for the best Hibs team.

Not bad for a kid who was hounded out of ER before he was even 24.

hibiedude
29-12-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm worried For him not About him because he's taken on some job trying to get this team sorted out.

It's unfair to say he hasn't had any impact when the transfer window hasn't opened yet

woodyloon
29-12-2011, 08:05 AM
It would of been great if we had an immediate reaction or even some more points in the bag as a reaction to a new manager. IMO though the rot is too far gone and basically PF has one of the hardest tasks any Hibs manager has had, even McLeish had an easier job.

If any manager should be questioned why there was no improvement then it should be CC, he had inherited a team which had forgotten the feeling of winning but had at one point under Yogi's reign been in the position of 2nd in the league, so it should of been easier to get the team winning by just a new manager with new ideas and diferent tatics and training methods. As it is when it looked like CC had turnt things round it was only for a brief period and then after that the team was totally spineless, which was shown at the end of last season when we looked totally out of our depths against the other 5 teams in the bottom six.

Even when we got relegated last time the manager who came in to try and change things round had a bettter chance of getting a reaction almost immediately that season, we had started off on a great run of results which in it's self should of seen Hibs safe for that season, but unfortunately McLesih ran out of time and was forced to do his pre season rebuilding in a lower division. So it might end up if Dunferlime find a bit of form PF might end up in the same position. Personally I think he will get a few players in, it might at the moment only be players mainly from the LOI, but I beleive he will buld a strong team which in time will be allowed to express itself more as he puts a spine back into the team.

Jim44
29-12-2011, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=hibiedude;3054104]I'm worried For him not About him because he's taken on some job trying to get this team sorted out.

It's unfair to say he hasn't had any impact when the transfer window hasn't opened yet[/QUOTE

All this talk of bringing in players in the January window is questionable. Fenlon himself has said that it will be difficult to persuade players to come to a club in Hibs' position. If he's correct we are llikely to replace dross with dross. It's a worrying 'catch 22' position.

PaulSmith
29-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Players will come if the money is right.

Jim44
29-12-2011, 09:29 AM

That's worrying as well.

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 09:29 AM

Oh. Yeah. And Rod has shedloads of money. Thanks to these massive crowds we're attracting.

:no way:

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh. Yeah. And Rod has shedloads of money. Thanks to these massive crowds we're attracting.

He'll lose shedloads more if we go down to the First Division.

Coco Bryce
29-12-2011, 09:42 AM
The bottom line is that team is dying on it's erse! And if investment is not forthcoming in January it freefall for years to come.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Christ. give The man a friggin chance FFS!!!

I saw Galbraith in Asdas last week, had to double take. he looks very lightweight and like a kid out of school, not your average pro footballer!!

Pat will turn Hibs around. Give him time. the current crop, minus GoC and Doyle, need to move on. And move quickly.

CentreLine
29-12-2011, 10:07 AM
There really is no point in expecting big things from the January window as players are not generally available in decent numbers until the summer window. What I hope to see PF do is to sign a couple of good experienced players who can circle the wagons and nurse this lot through to the end of the season. What we see on the park next year simply has to be unrecognisable from what we have now.

Andy74
29-12-2011, 10:07 AM
I think Fenlon has showed that with a half decent set of players he will be able to produce good teams. It's a bit more obvious that people know their roles and the defending overall has improved.

It can't all be sorted at once but I think he will get there. It's just trying to keep up this year and then see from there.

Keith_M
29-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Anyone else worried about Paddy?

No.

Cropley10
29-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Anyone else worried about Paddy?

No.

:agree: me neither.

Bob Box Fish
29-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I would have started with Murray last night, whether it be the defensive midfield role or centre back. He may not be the IM of old but he can still tackle and get stuck in which is more than any of the midfield that started.

PF needs to work on Palsson. He is off the boil and has been for some time. He has also shown in his first 6-8 or whatever matches with the club that he has talent. Some Liverpool fans were disappointed to see him leave and he also generated some media interest due to his initial impact. It is PF responsibility to work with this type of player and get the best out of them. I would have started with him also.

Regarding Galbraith and Stevenson - both have proved they are not good enough for this level, how much longer do they need? If they are not good enough then don't play them. Welsh has been hanging around on the fringes for a while why not try him, again, DG and LS have proved they are not up to the job so what is the worse that can happen?

Regarding concerns recent concerns over fitness it is up to PF to address this which I am sure he will. Pretty much athlete that is not injured, given the correct cardio regime, diet and sleep can get fit in a month.

We all have opinions, I have been disappointed by what I have seen so far since PF has come in but this has been more down to team selection, substitutions etc rather than results. I still have not seen anyone list a worse collective hibs midfield than what started last night?

He will get his own men in next month then his first job now is to make sure he can keep us in one of the worst premier leagues in Europe.

nortonhibby
29-12-2011, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=hibiedude;3054104]I'm worried For him not About him because he's taken on some job trying to get this team sorted out.

It's unfair to say he hasn't had any impact when the transfer window hasn't opened yet[/QUOTE

All this talk of bringing in players in the January window is questionable. Fenlon himself has said that it will be difficult to persuade players to come to a club in Hibs' position. If he's correct we are llikely to replace dross with dross. It's a worrying 'catch 22' position.

Dont agree any player sourced bt PF And brought in has to be better than the dross that is already here.
Agree though that to get players in the Jan window is tricky and any player arriving will know that relegation to a lower league is possible its a tricky one.

cad
29-12-2011, 10:47 AM
No point worrying , I dont think we can get any worse ,the only way is up.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Jim44;3054161]

Dont agree any player sourced bt PF And brought in has to be better than the dross that is already here.
Agree though that to get players in the Jan window is tricky and any player arriving will know that relegation to a lower league is possible its a tricky one.

I remember saying that when Calderclown was appointed.

Andy74
29-12-2011, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=nortonhibby;3054290]

I remember saying that when Calderclown was appointed.

Yes but Calderwwod has made that statement far more likley to be true this time.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3054305]

Yes but Calderwwod has made that statement far more likley to be true this time.

:greengrin

Spike Mandela
29-12-2011, 11:20 AM

The new manager impact is usually witnessed when you have a team of talented players underperforming or just not doing it for the previous manager. New guy comes in, motivates and organises said players who raise their game to impress new manager and results follow. Unfortunately in our case we do not have a talented bunch and what we are witnessing is probably their level. Lower SPL standard or even first division standard.

As for PF I just don't really know much about him, none of us really do. He may be up to the challenge, he might not but one thing is for sure he is hamstrung by this bunch of duds he has at his disposal.

If he achieves 11th this year he deserves major credit.

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Rod won't lose a penny. He doesn't have a penny of his own money tied up in the club. And the 10% share that was gifted to him is pretty securely backed by rather a lot of real estate.

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Rod won't lose a penny. He doesn't have a penny of his own money tied up in the club. And the 10% share that was gifted to him is pretty securely backed by rather a lot of real estate.
And therefore (returning to your first post - see above) Rod's 'money' isn't determined by crowd sizes at ER either.

We both know that we are talking about the club's financial circumstances, not RP's personal wealth.

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 01:30 PM
And therefore (returning to your first post - see above) Rod's 'money' isn't determined by crowd sizes at ER either.

We both know that we are talking about the club's financial circumstances, not RP's personal wealth.

You're right. Rod Petrie's personal financial circumstances are entirely independent of Hibernian football club and its fortunes or misfortunes. Unfortunately. He might be a little less complacent if he stood to take a bloody freezing cold shower if we go down.

But I should have been more precise in my first post. I should have said something along the lines of:

Oh. Yeah. And Rod has shedloads of money available to him to spend behalf of the club. Thanks to these massive crowds we're attracting.

Conan Doyle
29-12-2011, 01:59 PM

Nope. Give him time to sign some players in January. The current squad is just not good enough.

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Actually, easty, he really wisnae.

Apart from the keepers I have already mentioned, Maka's record in both goals conceded and clean sheets was considerably better than Simon Brown as well, and miles better than either Zibi or Daniel Andersson. It was so much better than Nick Colgan's in Colgan's last season with Hibs that I can't be bothered trawling back to see if Colgan was better in his earlier seasons.

I can't help thinking that there must have been another incumbent between Andersson and Zibi, but I can't remember who he was. Maybe he was the great Hibee goalkeeper you're comparing Maka with? Or maybe you're thinking of Gottskalksson?

You can chuck in Caig and McNeil if you like, and any other keeper who's played any significant number of games for us. As far as I can ascertain, judged by his actual playing records of goals conceded and clean sheets (and since Colgan only Simon Brown has played more games - two - than he did), Maka has been the most successful Hibs keeper this century, by a considerable margin. And he certainly wasn't playing for the best Hibs team.

Not bad for a kid who was hounded out of ER before he was even 24.

When did the drunk Polish goalie play for us. :greengrin

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Well if the wages being talked about on the PM board are right then the players wont come, they would be better getting a job driving LRT buses. :greengrin

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 07:26 PM
There really is no point in expecting big things from the January window as players are not generally available in decent numbers until the summer window. What I hope to see PF do is to sign a couple of good experienced players who can circle the wagons and nurse this lot through to the end of the season. What we see on the park next year simply has to be unrecognisable from what we have now.

Davey Weir would do.

Forza Fred
29-12-2011, 07:36 PM
This thread reeks of Yam

Bostonhibby
29-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Think I'll give him another week before I start worrying about him :agree: then He'll have tae go :rolleyes:

Should have canned him months ago, certainly before he arrived, his losing run is nowhere near as convincing as Coco's. Not Hibs class - we are used to bigger losers than this.

whiskyhibby
29-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Seriously, mods has this idiot not had long enough on this board?

Gets called out as a Jambo about 5 times a season and is still lurking around looking for a rise.

Could not agree more............:jamboclow
:jamboclow

nortonhibby
29-12-2011, 08:30 PM

Whenever RPs name is mentioned and the word penny you just have to laugh Don Teflon will not loose a penny if he did i am pretty sure he would find it.

Steven_Hibs
29-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Davey Weir would do.

he'd tell the young laddies what to do :wink:

Hibercelona
29-12-2011, 08:50 PM
No point worrying , I dont think we can get any worse ,the only way is up.:agree:

If only that were actually true! :boo hoo:

I think PF could turn this mess around with time, but i'm not convinced that he'll be given any,

nortonhibby
29-12-2011, 09:35 PM
If only that were actually true! :boo hoo:

I think PF could turn this mess around with time, but i'm not convinced that he'll be given any,

He has got till the next AGM. Or the day before Don Teflon who works for free pulls:na na: his next rabbit out of the hat.

greenlex
29-12-2011, 09:49 PM
He has got till the next AGM. Or the day before Don Teflon who works for free pulls:na na: his next rabbit out of the hat.
You really are a coring bunt.:rolleyes:

nortonhibby
29-12-2011, 09:55 PM
i knew that post would get to you RP or your ties to the board face it up you have failed.:pfgwa

Peevemor
29-12-2011, 09:57 PM

greenlex
29-12-2011, 10:06 PM
i knew that post would get to you RP or your ties to the board face it up you have failed.:pfgwa
Careful son. Wind up merchants aren't tolerated.:wink:

nortonhibby
29-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Careful son. Wind up merchants aren't tolerated.:wink:
you are close to RP Or involved in the board its obvious ha ha outed i bet you wont be seen so much when you and your buddys relegate my team RPs pal.

greenlex
29-12-2011, 10:25 PM
you are close to RP Or involved in the board its obvious ha ha outed i bet you wont be seen so much when you and your buddys relegate my team RPs pal.
You're consistent. I'll give you that.

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 10:29 PM
You're consistent. I'll give you that.

So are the admins. :greengrin