PDA

View Full Version : Can We Sort Out The Green?

Speedway
13-12-2011, 09:49 AM
With all this talk about board involvement, shadow boards, monopoly boards and water boards; there's one issue that I think we can all agree on: How wishy washy the green is that both Puma and LCS have used for the home kits.

See, Hibs; when they were a real team, wore a beautiful emerald green that is closer to the shoulder colour on the current strip than it is to the body colour.

We got close-ish to it on the 84 Umbro strip and the 2000 LCS strip but still not quite. All our leaf green efforts look washed out, which doesn't help when the team is also a wash out.

So for next season, a dark, deep rich emerald green please, with white sleeves. No silly piping, no silly anything. Plain white shorts and emerald green socks with plain white turnovers. Then do whatever you want to the away kits. Make the 41st kit a pink and orange combo or a mustard and fawn effort.

But since the club are in to heritage branding, then let's get the green right eh?

Thoughts?

RickyS
13-12-2011, 10:00 AM
With all this talk about board involvement, shadow boards, monopoly boards and water boards; there's one issue that I think we can all agree on: How wishy washy the green is that both Puma and LCS have used for the home kits.

See, Hibs; when they were a real team, wore a beautiful emerald green that is closer to the shoulder colour on the current strip than it is to the body colour.

We got close-ish to it on the 84 Umbro strip and the 2000 LCS strip but still not quite. All our leaf green efforts look washed out, which doesn't help when the team is also a wash out.

So for next season, a dark, deep rich emerald green please, with white sleeves. No silly piping, no silly anything. Plain white shorts and emerald green socks with plain white turnovers. Then do whatever you want to the away kits. Make the 41st kit a pink and orange combo or a mustard and fawn effort.

But since the club are in to heritage branding, then let's get the green right eh?

Thoughts?

i have a 70yr old uncle who never stops saying what you say, i think the Emerald Green is a beautiful colour and would love to see a new traditional jersey.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2011, 10:18 AM
I'd normally agree, but the older i get the more i am fed up with green as a colour. It does not go with anything in particular, and i'm swaying towards us changing the colour completely.

I'd like a light blue or maybe a dark red, those colours without the white sleeves would look nice with a pair of jeans. :pfgwa

Killiehibbie
13-12-2011, 10:28 AM

Thoughts? What about getting 11 players who give 100% every time they wear them? Even better if they can play a bit as well.

Thecat23
13-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Thoughts?

Good post. I have always said the colour of our strips is to light. I'd be behind changing to the darker green 100% :agree:

southern hibby
13-12-2011, 11:08 AM
I'd normally agree, but the older i get the more i am fed up with green as a colour. It does not go with anything in particular, and i'm swaying towards us changing the colour completely.I'd like a light blue or maybe a dark red, those colours without the white sleeves would look nice with a pair of jeans. :pfgwa Oh the Sarcasm. Everyone knows dark red will not be seen in this city for much longer. REMEMBER GREEN IS THE COLOUR THAT WOULD NOT DIE. GGTTH

ScottB
13-12-2011, 11:08 AM
I've kind of seen the steady increase in the amount of the darker green on the home kit over the last few seasons has been slowly paving the way towards switching to it alone, but maybe that's just me.

I would also like to see us change to just the darker green colour.

soupy
13-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Couldn't say I'm too bothered about the shade of green, just a decent hibs side wearing the tops would do for me, let's face it a Hibs team doing well, well the top would go with any colour of troosers. FACT :-)

Keith_M
13-12-2011, 11:44 AM
I'd normally agree, but the older i get the more i am fed up with green as a colour. It does not go with anything in particular, and i'm swaying towards us changing the colour completely.

I'd like a light blue or maybe a dark red, those colours without the white sleeves would look nice with a pair of jeans. :pfgwa

Aye, but the older you get, the less appropriate it is to be wearing a football top!

Maybe you should switch to something more befitting your age. Perhaps dressing like one of these two (http://www.tvscoop.tv/stillgame_1.jpg) :wink:

WindyMiller
13-12-2011, 11:48 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmJtb_RUSrZPDzBueoHKXLeF66rNC-QYNAltzFRUaYsGKDawV6

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Aye, but the older you get, the less appropriate it is to be wearing a football top!

Maybe you should switch to something more befitting your age. Perhaps dressing like one of these two (http://www.tvscoop.tv/stillgame_1.jpg) :wink:

Nae green. :top marks that style is coming back. :greengrin

Andy74
13-12-2011, 12:16 PM
As long as it matches the colour of the proposed helipad at East Mains, that's the main thing.

.Sean.
13-12-2011, 12:19 PM
With all this talk about board involvement, shadow boards, monopoly boards and water boards; there's one issue that I think we can all agree on: How wishy washy the green is that both Puma and LCS have used for the home kits.See, Hibs; when they were a real team, wore a beautiful emerald green that is closer to the shoulder colour on the current strip than it is to the body colour.We got close-ish to it on the 84 Umbro strip and the 2000 LCS strip but still not quite. All our leaf green efforts look washed out, which doesn't help when the team is also a wash out.So for next season, a dark, deep rich emerald green please, with white sleeves. No silly piping, no silly anything. Plain white shorts and emerald green socks with plain white turnovers. Then do whatever you want to the away kits. Make the 41st kit a pink and orange combo or a mustard and fawn effort.But since the club are in to heritage branding, then let's get the green right eh?Thoughts? This, X1000. Hibs have one of the most instantly recognisable kits in Britain, no need for daft flashes, silly designs and green shorts.

IWasThere2016
13-12-2011, 12:31 PM
As long as it matches the colour of the proposed helipad at East Mains, that's the main thing.

:agree: And the 5th stand!

Seriously, it has to be proper Emerald (dark) green! :agree:

<----------- Like in my avatar

Peevemor
13-12-2011, 12:35 PM
... and our trackie bottoms should be the same colour, but in a skin tight stretchy nylon material and have loopy bits to hook your feet through. :agree:

Saorsa
13-12-2011, 12:41 PM
:agree: And the 5th stand!

Seriously, it has to be proper Emerald (dark) green! :agree:

<----------- Like in my avataremerald green (http://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1276&bih=607&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=emerald&btnG=Search&oq=emerald&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=54050l54050l0l57268l1l1l0l0l0l0l259l259l2-1l1l0) :hmmm:

heretoday
13-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Hibs strip in 1963 was darker than it is today for sure.

What I hate is when they have green shorts. It's not right.

Purple & Green
13-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I think defining a shade of Hibs green is a great idea.

I'd venture something close to Dark Green - #006400 Hex code, but really anything unique would be a great marketing idea.

Have a look at this link here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_green

or better, this one:

http://www.december.com/html/spec/color2.html - I think "celtics" green is a good shade too, presumably referencing the Boston Celtics.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2011, 06:40 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmJtb_RUSrZPDzBueoHKXLeF66rNC-QYNAltzFRUaYsGKDawV6

:agree: Yep, thats the one for me, still got one somewhere, there's green and there's Hibs Emerald Green.:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
13-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Thoughts?

Yes please. The sooner the better. I really hate this year's top with that diagonal strip effort.

Iain G
13-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Dear Hibs, next year we would like:

- Emerald Green top with White Sleeves with Bukta as our shirt sponsor
- Proper DARK Purple Away strip with Bukta as our shirt sponsor
- No stupid neck detailing, just a plain round neck or v neck please!
- No sloping pitch motif!
- A strip that doesn't look cheap and made of some kind of half decent material
- No Thistle or Luminous Yellow or Pink or whatever...keep it simple please!!!

- Oh and a decent bunch of players who give a toss and can play a wee bit of football every now and again please :wink::greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2011, 11:19 PM

Thoughts?

:top marks

The perfect post

Keith_M
14-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I think defining a shade of Hibs green is a great idea.

I'd venture something close to Dark Green - #006400 Hex code, but really anything unique would be a great marketing idea.

Have a look at this link here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_green

Hooker's Green (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_green#Hooker.27s_green)

:shocked:

Stevie Reid
14-12-2011, 02:20 PM
There's absolutely no reason why we can't start a campaign for next year's strip to be the way many have described above. A much darker green (dark green/emerald/bottle green) would be the ideal for me also.

.Sean.
14-12-2011, 03:43 PM
It's just a wee bit unfortunate that we won't get the 'classic' strip we'd all love to see. We'll end up with yet another tacky and generic number from Puma. Would the darker colour from the seventies transfer as well onto a shinier shirt anyway, obviously with the materials being so different?

Stevie Reid
14-12-2011, 03:58 PM
It's just a wee bit unfortunate that we won't get the 'classic' strip we'd all love to see. We'll end up with yet another tacky and generic number from Puma. Would the darker colour from the seventies transfer as well onto a shinier shirt anyway, obviously with the materials being so different?

:agree:

The 2006-07 away kit was one of my favourite ever strips: -

http://www.myspace.com/hibernian1875/blog/129036022

Andy74
14-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Unfortunately shirt sales and associated sponsorships are worth a fair bit of cash to us now and so if it was the same 'classic' design every year then no-one would feel the need to buy a new one and so eventually we end up with less cash.

I doubt that too many of us that love particular shirts from back in the day would be buying them these days regardless of what it looked like so they know their audience!!

Stevie Reid
14-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately shirt sales and associated sponsorships are worth a fair bit of cash to us now and so if it was the same 'classic' design every year then no-one would feel the need to buy a new one and so eventually we end up with less cash.

I doubt that too many of us that love particular shirts from back in the day would be buying them these days regardless of what it looked like so they know their audience!!

That's certainly true Andy but no reason that they couldn't come up with a classic one for one season, especially if there's a proven market for it.

In saying that, the shirts seem to sell well regardless of what they look like.

Geo_1875
14-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Bottle green, button neck, with a large harp on the front. That would save me money.

Diclonius
14-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd like us to adopt the dark green currently used at the top of our current strip as the actual strip colour.

beensaidbefore
14-12-2011, 11:06 PM
A repeat of this number please. Best strip for several years...and a team to go with it

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/5/21/1242916098395/Hibernians-Franck-Sauzee--001.jpg

darwenhibby
14-12-2011, 11:28 PM

Something to perhaps match your teale sweater and slacks now that you drink coffee on the train and diet coke with your soup in the pub.

Changed days are you trying to impress a lady?:dunno: