PDA

View Full Version : Andy O'Brien - Leeds fan reporting we are interested in him

Argylehibby
12-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Spoke to a Leeds fan today who says that their fans website is reporting that we are supposedly after him. Anyone heard this one?

He says that he was exceptional last season but there was a personal issue where he called off his wedding in the summer the day before it was due to take place and then refused to play in a game last month. Seems this season he has been very poor and currently isn’t in the team. He did make an appearance against Leicester where he was back to his previous form but that didn’t last.

Reportedly a high wage earner there too so I would be surprised if he was coming to us although it is possible Leeds wont let him go to a rival.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
What position does he play?

Dr What If?
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
The ROI international? Are you sure?

Argylehibby
12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
What position does he play?

Central defender

Argylehibby
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
The ROI international? Are you sure?

Only quoting what Leeds fan has said is reported on their fans website and nothing from inside either Easter or Elland Roads. Have to say I did think "Aye Right" but he has effectively walked out on the club and perhaps not too many others would want him under those circumstances.

See here
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_o_brien_situation_needs_explaining_ma tteo_1_3995712

Hibercelona
12-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Phew!

For a split second there I miss read the "Andy" part in the title of the thread. :wink:

brydekirk
12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Cannae see us pulling this one off but, over to you pat fenlon.

bandylegs_jLeighton
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Phew!

For a split second there I miss read the "Andy" part in the title of the thread. :wink:

My heart was in my mouth whilst I re-read the name at least three times...very slowly.

LancashireHibby
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Experienced head who has certainly been around the block a bit. Not got much pace these days but I think being in the game so long means he can get himself in positions to make sure that doesn't become an issue. I would have reservations about his wages and indeed his mental state given his refusal to play for Leeds etc but if all is well then he'd be a real asset for us.

lyonhibs
12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Would take him in a second. Ugly as sin and I've seen milk turn quicker, but his experience could be invaluable.

SteveHFC
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
We used to have an O'Brien at the club and he was ***** :wink:

Matty_Jack04
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
He calls off his wedding then he rearranges said wedding, Leeds want him to play a game that very day he says get tae iv canceled once already iv hardly kicked a ball all year and suddenly he has been tarnished with a poor attitude?

I'd take him in a heart beat got to be a better option than o Hanlon and he will bring Hanlon on leaps and bounds unfortunately I cannae see it happening

SteveHFC
12-12-2011, 08:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_O'Brien_(footballer)

6ft 3 and 32 Years old. Experienced Defender

Yes Please :aok:

stantonhibby
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_O'Brien_(footballer)

6ft 3 and 32 Years old. Experienced Defender

Yes Please :aok:

is he related to our new assistant Liam ?

swazzie
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM

They're not related but have both scored goals for Newcastle against Sunderland, hence the Toon Army song:-

Andy O'Brien, Liam O'Brien
Any old any O'Brien
Who put the ball in the Mackem's net
O'Brien, O'Brien

Amazingly, Alan failed to join this select band

Part/Time Supporter
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM

I doubt it, Andy is from Yorkshire whereas Liam was born in Dublin.

Andy74
12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
This thread is so disappointing.

IWasThere2016
12-12-2011, 09:28 PM
This thread is so disappointing.

All O'Briens have been so if you know what to look for :wink:

StevieC
12-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Andy O'Brien, Liam O'Brien
Any old any O'Brien
Who put the ball in the Mackem's net
O'Brien, O'Brien

:greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
First things first, I'm delighted we're not signing Alen O'Brien. Was seriously worried.

Andy O'Brien would be a good signing. Played at a good level, good experience and if he was playing regularly for Leeds last year is likely good enough for our first team. Worth a shot IMO but doubt it's true.