PDA

View Full Version : Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson

FromTheCapital
09-12-2011, 06:05 PM
My vote goes with Khan, I predict it'll either be stopped or K.O in round 4/5.

Thoughts?

easty
09-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah I agree, although I'll go for a couple of rounds later, 7/8 round stoppage.

Big Ed
09-12-2011, 11:23 PM
My vote goes with Khan, I predict it'll either be stopped or K.O in round 4/5.

Thoughts?

I saw Bernard Hopkins talking about the fight on Ringside. He was going on about how tough he thought Peterson would be in his own back yard. IMO Khan is the best fighter Britain has had in years, but I'm thinking that he might have his work cut out tomorrow.

Matty_Jack04
10-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I think Peterson is coming off a loss and a draw so will be well up for this in his own back yard, just hope khan has under estimated him as a poor mandatory defence as he can also bang a bit should be a good fight il say khan on points

FromTheCapital
10-12-2011, 10:15 AM
I think Peterson is coming off a loss and a draw so will be well up for this in his own back yard, just hope khan has under estimated him as a poor mandatory defence as he can also bang a bit should be a good fight il say khan on points
I agree, Khan's defence is poor at times but I just feel he will land that one punch and either K.O him or force the ref to stop the fight.

lyonhibs
10-12-2011, 06:54 PM
When do we think the Khan fight will actually start UK time?

derekHFC
10-12-2011, 07:33 PM
9pm ET in the US, which is 2am here

matty_f
10-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Is it on tv?

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Is it on tv?

Sky Sports 1 at 11pm.

silverhibee
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM

Just says on SS1 that the Khan fight should start around 4 o'clock. Still staying up to watch a good night of boxing, still cant see how the Khan fight is on so late. :cb

matty_f
11-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Sky Sports 1 at 11pm.

:aok:

IWasThere2016
11-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Oooops - AK blew it!

easty
11-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Delighted. Anyone watch it then?

one day maybe...
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah I watched it, don't think Khan had a great fight, but the referee was atrocious. For the whole fight he (ref) was telling Lamont to keep his head up, Khan at times had no choice but to push him off. Did he take point off Lamont for constantly telling him, no he never? Personally I thought the fight was a draw.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I called it a draw even with the points deductions. Ref was poor as has been said, Peterson was charging in with his head at about waist height, what could Khan do but push him off.

In saying that there's a lesson here, never look to far ahead. He can say what he likes but Khan underestimated and overlooked Peterson. All he did pre fight was bang on about Mayweather and glamour fights in the welterweight division. Now he has a long road back and probably won't get, nor does he deserve, a shot at Floyd.

FromTheCapital
11-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I called it a draw even with the points deductions. Ref was poor as has been said, Peterson was charging in with his head at about waist height, what could Khan do but push him off.

In saying that there's a lesson here, never look to far ahead. He can say what he likes but Khan underestimated and overlooked Peterson. All he did pre fight was bang on about Mayweather and glamour fights in the welterweight division. Now he has a long road back and probably won't get, nor does he deserve, a shot at Floyd.
:top marksGreat post. I thought Khan would win it but you could tell the way he was talking about Mayweather, Pacquiao etc and I think he thought Peterson would just be a stepping stone. Sets up to be a tasty rematch if there is going to be one. :greengrin

one day maybe...
11-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Personally I think Mayweather is a class above Khan, I also IMO think he would dispose of Pacquaio aswell.
Oh and your right Khan was told to slam in uppercuts to stop Peterson coming forward the way he did, but he did not listen, well for one round he did then went back to running away and covering up, getting caught on the ropes. A rematch will be on the cards no doubt.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Personally I think Mayweather is a class above Khan, I also IMO think he would dispose of Pacquaio aswell.
Oh and your right Khan was told to slam in uppercuts to stop Peterson coming forward the way he did, but he did not listen, well for one round he did then went back to running away and covering up, getting caught on the ropes. A rematch will be on the cards no doubt.

Most definitely.

Mayweather is the number 1 boxer in the world no doubt. He is at least a level above Khan and would beat Pacquiao convincingly on points.

Matty_Jack04
11-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I think khan and his team took this fight to settle the khan has no chin chat for good and it's backfired, iv never seen khan so cocky during a fight the way he was last night and by the end I was glad he lost
Yeh the ref was a disgrace, it could have went either way but khan underestimated Peterson caused himself lots of trouble during the fight.

Hope there's a rematch it was a good watch but khan will find it even more difficult to get those titles back off that guy now

lyonhibs
11-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Being re-shown on Sky Sports 2 now. Fail to see what the Khan camp are moaning about thuse far - on round 5 at the moment, and apart from the first round and a bit, Peterson has dominated.

Allant1981
11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Dont think either of them deserved to win. Thought it was a pretty even fight. Yip khan was unlucky with the point deduction but he did admit to hearing the 1st warning so maybe should have took that on board and realised he wasnt going to get much from the ref

IWasThere2016
11-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I watched it. Khan had a dozen or so warnings - any sportsman who ignores the ref repeatedly is asking for trouble. The two docked points cost him his belts. That said the ref should've done more about Peterson's tactics. Bottom line is AK didn't do enough IMHO.

matty_f
13-12-2011, 12:24 AM
I watched it. Khan had a dozen or so warnings - any sportsman who ignores the ref repeatedly is asking for trouble. The two docked points cost him his belts. That said the ref should've done more about Peterson's tactics. Bottom line is AK didn't do enough IMHO.

:agree: The fight was close enough that Khan shouldn't have taken any chances with getting points deducted.

greenlex
13-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Rematch ordered.

Wotherspiniesta
20-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Anyone watching SSN?

This Mustapha Ameen (mysterious chap in the hat) character is out of his tree.

I've literally no idea what he's talking about.

Constantly referring to himself in the 3rd person is just tragic.

FromTheCapital
21-01-2012, 10:58 AM
That Ameen guy is a numpty! "I was doing nothing wrong" Yet you were talking to the judges, handing them notes and changing their scorecards and had no official business at the fight.
Then threatens to sue Khan's camp. What a dingle! :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
21-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Ameen appears a bit of mysterious character.

However Amir Khans complete lack of class and dignity is yet again shining through.

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Ameen appears a bit of mysterious character.

However Amir Khans complete lack of class and dignity is yet again shining through.

:aok:

While the points deducted may have been a bit unfair, Khan could have no complaints about the outcome. He didn't do enough to win the fight, but seems adamant on blaming anyone and everyone else.

Bad loser.

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Most definitely.

Mayweather is the number 1 boxer in the world no doubt. He is at least a level above Khan and would beat Pacquiao convincingly on points.

I agree with that now, but feel a couple of years back Pacquiao would have been a real test for Mayweather. However FM has cynically waited him out knowing that the Pacmans speed and power will age less well than Mayweathers more tactical range of skills.

To regarded as the best you just have to beat the best. But to regarded as one if the all time greats you have to beat the best when they are at their best. So to my mind their will always be a question mark over Mayweathers status as a fighter - though not as a businessman.