PDA

View Full Version : Butchers in Edinburgh to buy steak?

Jamesie
18-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Anyone know any good butchers in Edinburgh to buy steak? I've just found out the Well Hung and Tender shop in Edinburgh has now closed and they only do the Farmers' Market on Saturday mornings...unfortunately that would be a wee bit too late for me!

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Anyone know any good butchers in Edinburgh to buy steak? I've just found out the Well Hung and Tender shop in Edinburgh has now closed and they only do the Farmers' Market on Saturday mornings...unfortunately that would be a wee bit too late for me!

Charles Wilson in St Johns Road Corstorphine is I believe an excellent butcher with providence supplied for all of his beef.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2011, 12:45 PM

Crombies on Broughton Street was always very good but not been in a while.

Lucius Apuleius
21-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Craig's on Ferry Road used to be good but it closed about 40 years ago. Sad times. :greengrin

pacorosssco
21-11-2011, 06:49 AM
John Brash Butchers 113 Corstorphine Road . Excellent. Ask for his lemon pepper dressing for the steak .

Newhaven
21-11-2011, 09:37 PM
There used to be 2 good butchers in stockbridge. Are they still there :confused:

Rattler
24-11-2011, 04:29 PM
John Brash Butchers 113 Corstorphine Road . Excellent. Ask for his lemon pepper dressing for the steak .

That's where we've been going for a good few years now. John tends to hang the beef a bit longer than other places which tends to make it even tastier! My missus always insists on the fillet - just a pity that she's never the one to pay.

He also stocks blackpudding from Charley Barley in Stornoway - fantastic!! As well as doing the likes of biltong, boerewors and other decent S.A. meats. The biltong is great to nibble on with the odd beer or 10 when you're slouched in front of the telly watching MOTD.

Frazerbob
24-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Is this you finally branching out from your staple diet of pizzas Geebsie?