PDA

View Full Version : The truth as I see it

happiehibbie
08-11-2011, 05:16 PM
We all want the same thing A Hibs team that is decent to watch the FACT of the matter is not enough money coming in to sustain what is going out which means someone has to balance the books and put money in to cover the shortfall.

Not really what we want to hear but its true

So we have a chicken and egg thing going on :- we need a decent team to bring back the fans finish as high up the league as we can get a good cup run brings in money OR we don’t invest in the team more people stay at home we sit at the bottom of the league possible relegation .

To simplify if you have a job and your company does not make money it has to cut back to make ends meet or people lose there job same as our footie team It is pure business sense, I don’t have the answers I hope Rod does because Hibs need to find a rich man or woman to punt cash they do not want any return on because lets face it if Rangers and celtic can not make money in Scotland what chance do we have Ranger recently sold for a Penny hearts are up for sale / owner will not invest anymore we are between a rock and a hard place
:flag:

happiehibbie
09-11-2011, 04:17 PM
I thought i would have had some comments :)

Big Frank
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
We all want the same thing A Hibs team that is decent to watch the FACT of the matter is not enough money coming in to sustain what is going out which means someone has to balance the books and put money in to cover the shortfall.

Not really what we want to hear but its true

So we have a chicken and egg thing going on :- we need a decent team to bring back the fans finish as high up the league as we can get a good cup run brings in money OR we don’t invest in the team more people stay at home we sit at the bottom of the league possible relegation .

To simplify if you have a job and your company does not make money it has to cut back to make ends meet or people lose there job same as our footie team It is pure business sense, I don’t have the answers I hope Rod does because Hibs need to find a rich man or woman to punt cash they do not want any return on because lets face it if Rangers and celtic can not make money in Scotland what chance do we have Ranger recently sold for a Penny hearts are up for sale / owner will not invest anymore we are between a rock and a hard place
:flag:

The role of "the chairman" changed. When this exactly happened I don't know. Chairmen used to bankroll their clubs, because, generally they were supporters.

Chairmen in Scotland generally don't really spend money on their clubs. Stuart Milne and Sir Tom are minted but tend not to buy that star player.

How did stevie archibald come to the cabbage? Certainly not with season ticket money. More money is made through TV and advertising and sponsorship now than back then.....

Everything seems to be about "making money". When did football become (at boardroom sort of level) about "making money"?

ScottB
09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
The role of "the chairman" changed. When this exactly happened I don't know. Chairmen used to bankroll their clubs, because, generally they were supporters.

Chairmen in Scotland generally don't really spend money on their clubs. Stuart Milne and Sir Tom are minted but tend not to buy that star player.

How did stevie archibald come to the cabbage? Certainly not with season ticket money. More money is made through TV and advertising and sponsorship now than back then.....

Everything seems to be about "making money". When did football become (at boardroom sort of level) about "making money"?

The club doesn't have to 'make money' for its owners, it has to make money to support its own expenditure, it currently isn't doing that, so a mixture of maxmising income, and cutting back on costs is the way forward for us.

Big Frank
09-11-2011, 04:45 PM
The club doesn't have to 'make money' for its owners, it has to make money to support its own expenditure, it currently isn't doing that, so a mixture of maxmising income, and cutting back on costs is the way forward for us.

yes, I know this. This is the reality.

(There was a shift, somewhere in time, where the cost, if you like, of the club went from chairman/board to supporter....)