PDA

View Full Version : megabus sleeper coach

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm heading down to London using this service tomorrow night.

Anybody used it yet, just booked it for the novelty value, not overly sure what to expect.

Koom
29-10-2011, 06:01 PM
....seen this on the news the other night, although a bed is certainly welcolme on the long journey, the presenter who was testing it said that it was very uncomfortable.... better have a few drinks before heading off i think!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I will be! Probably be bevvied and keep the bus wakened with a fair bit of snoring after a good few Strongbows!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Don't do it, its like sleeping in a coffin!
Comfy enough, but, no thanks!

Allant1981
31-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Is it expensive?

greenlex
31-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Don't do it, its like sleeping in a coffin!
Comfy enough, but, no thanks!

When were you in a coffin for the comparison likes?:greengrin

essexhibee
31-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Does this run from Edinburgh of is it just Glasgow? How much is it?

iwasthere1972
31-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm heading down to London using this service tomorrow night.

Anybody used it yet, just booked it for the novelty value, not overly sure what to expect.

A preview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15392176

Thought it was just London-Glasgow?

iwasthere1972
31-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Does this run from Edinburgh of is it just Glasgow? How much is it?

I thought it was just Glasgow.

Stagecoach Group is to trial the UK’s first budget sleeper coach service between Glasgow and London.

The new pilot service, operated by megabus.com, will offer passengers their own berth as well as a standard seat for greater comfort during their journey.

Passengers will have access to a toilet, free wi-fi, on-board refreshments and a complimentary overnight pack containing a toothbrush, toothpaste, a bottle of water, an eye mask and a luggage label. Each berth has a reading light and curtain for extra privacy, as well as a duvet, pillow and blanket.

Fares on the new service, which is being operated with three specially-refurbished articulated coaches fitted with 24 berths and seats, will range from £1 to £40*.

Customers purchasing tickets online for the existing overnight megabus.com services between Glasgow and London will be given the opportunity to upgrade to the new sleeper service.

The service will operate seven nights a week to the following timetable:

Depart Glasgow at 23:10 and arrive in London at 07:00
Depart London at 23.55 and arrive in Glasgow at 07:45
*All reservations are subject to a 50p booking fee.

danhibees1875
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
That sounds okay. As a cheap student/fifer how far in advance do you have to book to get it for £1? Or is it based on the time of year you go?

Think I'll have a wee day trip to London :greengrin

LancashireHibby
01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Am I the only person to have found the Megabus (or more specifically Megatrain) website to be an absolute pain in the backside? Have always wondered if they do cheap(er) journeys to Edinburgh rather than the usual trains but can never find the route.

HH81
02-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Am I the only person to have found the Megabus (or more specifically Megatrain) website to be an absolute pain in the backside? Have always wondered if they do cheap(er) journeys to Edinburgh rather than the usual trains but can never find the route.
They used to but I don't think they do anymore. Few times we have gone up from Preston to Edinburgh for £5 return. Used to be very good times too and fitted in with football.

They now do megabus Leeds to Edinburgh but the times are shocking, I'm driving up this weekend wish I was on train.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Thats me just back, thankfully I was booked onto the train for the return journey.
The bus wasn't an experience I'll be rushing to repeat! I've been fighting a losing battle against lack of sleep from the moment I got down there.

DH1875
02-11-2011, 09:33 PM
You lot should stop moaning. We done it before the sleeper bus thing and it took close on 13 hours with NO ducking bed to sleep in. If you can book for £5/£10 fair do. £40, forget about it. You can do the train cheaper if you book far enough in advance.