PDA

View Full Version : Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

MountcastleHibs
17-10-2011, 12:31 PM
I preordered the album and received it on Saturday.

Cannot stop listening to it. One of the best albums Noel's ever written imo, and not a bad song on it.

Certainly one of the albums of the year, and one of the best albums I've heard in a long, long time.

.Sean.
17-10-2011, 04:34 PM
What else did you expect?

MountcastleHibs
17-10-2011, 05:14 PM
What else did you expect? Very true that. I was expecting something good, just not this good.

bod
17-10-2011, 06:59 PM
whats the dvd that came with the album like,anybody watched it yet ?

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Listened a few time now - really like it. Unsurprisingly it's streets ahead of the Beady Eye album.

Steve-O
21-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I like it :agree:

Zazu62
23-10-2011, 11:21 AM
New tour announced Feb March 2012

Koom
23-10-2011, 12:30 PM
New tour announced Feb March 2012 playing Glasgow SECC 24th feb.... go to www.noelgallagher.co.uk for details.........

matty_f
25-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Just giving the album a first listen now - it's different class! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Probably my album of the year.:agree:

Wheat Hound
25-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Yep, fantastic album. Everybody's on the run, If I had a gun, AKA...What a life and Soldier boys and Jesus freaks are my early favourites, though the whole album is great IMO. As an Oasis fanatic, though, I love Beady Eye too. In fact, I love Be Here Now too!

Still waiting on my e-mail from Noel's fishy site with pre-sale details for the SECC gig on 24/2/12. Gutted I missed out on tickets for the Usher Hall gig on Thursday. That will be an amazing gig, I'm sure.

easty
25-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Yep, fantastic album. Everybody's on the run, If I had a gun, AKA...What a life and Soldier boys and Jesus freaks are my early favourites, though the whole album is great IMO. As an Oasis fanatic, though, I love Beady Eye too. In fact, I love Be Here Now too!

Still waiting on my e-mail from Noel's fishy site with pre-sale details for the SECC gig on 24/2/12. Gutted I missed out on tickets for the Usher Hall gig on Thursday. That will be an amazing gig, I'm sure.

I'm gutted I didnt get tickets for the Usher Hall, this is the set list from the show in Dublin the other night....

1.(It's Good) To Be Free
(Oasis cover)
2.Mucky Fingers (Oasis cover)
3.Everybody's on the Run
4.Dream On
5.If I Had a Gun...
6.The Good Rebel
7.The Death of You and Me
8.Freaky Teeth
9.Wonderwall (Oasis cover)
10.Supersonic (Oasis cover)
11.(I Wanna Live in a Dream in My) Record Machine
12.AKA... What a Life!
13.Talk Tonight Play Video (Oasis cover)
14.Soldier Boys and Jesus Freaks
15.AKA... Broken Arrow
16.Half The World Away (Oasis cover)
17.(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach

Encore:
18.Don't Look Back In Anger (Oasis cover)
19.The Importance of Being Idle (Oasis cover)
20.Little By Little (Oasis cover)

MountcastleHibs
25-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Yep, fantastic album. Everybody's on the run, If I had a gun, AKA...What a life and Soldier boys and Jesus freaks are my early favourites, though the whole album is great IMO. As an Oasis fanatic, though, I love Beady Eye too. In fact, I love Be Here Now too! Still waiting on my e-mail from Noel's fishy site with pre-sale details for the SECC gig on 24/2/12. Gutted I missed out on tickets for the Usher Hall gig on Thursday. That will be an amazing gig, I'm sure. Agree with that. I can't pick a favourite still, as the songs are of such high quality.I received the email and five o'clock for the presale. Also managed to get acquire a ticket for the Usher Hall the other day so looking forward to Thursday, especially having seen the Dublin setlist and reviews.

seanraff07
26-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I want to go to the SECC gig with 2 mates, confirmed to buy 3 tickets at 9:03am today and it says that the whole standing area is sold out and you can only buy 2 tickets for the seated area. Total con.

matty_f
26-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I want to go to the SECC gig with 2 mates, confirmed to buy 3 tickets at 9:03am today and it says that the whole standing area is sold out and you can only buy 2 tickets for the seated area. Total con.

The pre-sale tickets were totally sold out by the time I tried. :rolleyes:

TheEastTerrace
26-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Pre-sale was a bit of a joke - I managed to get three seating for Newcastle Metro but the email I got last night stated that the pre-sale would go on until tomorrow night i.e. you would think that there was enough pre-sale tickets for those signed up on his website and you wouldn't have the mad rush of a general sale. That's the whole point of a pre-sale and when I used to be a member of the Oasisinet site, that's what happened. You could get them any time during the pre-sale period.

The Glasgow gig was sold out by 9.03am so obviously not the case here.

Anyways, happy to be going but these ticket websites are a total mess sometimes.

TheGreenMan
26-10-2011, 04:58 PM
The album is ****ing class.

I've got standing tickets for 2moro @ Usher Hall

I got presale standing tickets for SECC this morning

Seen Noel a few years back at Albert Hall, London and it was so good.

This will be about 15th time ive seen Oasis/Noel.

****ing Love it.

First things first though, Hibs to beat these weegie ***** tonight!

:hibees

Judas Iscariot
27-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Got my presale standing tickets for SECC yesterday no problems, well, was on at 8:55 waiting for page to load, finally loaded about 9:03, got 4 :thumbsup:

GUTTED couldn't get tickets for tonight, will be immense :not worth

MountcastleHibs
28-10-2011, 12:24 AM
What a gig that was tonight.

seanraff07
28-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Got 3 standing tickets for the SECC gig this morning, ****ing delighted I finally get to see the Chief live :thumbsup:

Mikey
28-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Bought the cd tonight and it's pretty good, even after just one listen.

Zazu62
29-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Thursday night was amazing got 2 tickets for the 02 London gig

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2011, 07:38 AM
He played a gig for BBC Radio 2 last night - you can see it all week through the red button.

PeeJay
06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
He played a gig for BBC Radio 2 last night - you can see it all week through the red button.

Was even available here in Berlin to see on the BBC site! Not really a fan of Gallagher, but quite enjoyed the concert highlights!

Dashing Bob S
16-11-2011, 02:59 AM
The album is absolutely outstanding, every tune a belter, and is easily the best thing to have come out of either Gallagher/Oasis stable since Morning Glory.