PDA

View Full Version : Japan Open tennis

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Andy Murray beat Nadal 2 1 in the final winning the last set 6 0.
He also won the doubles title with his brother Jamie.
A fine effort all round.

...WentToMowAnSPL
09-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Absolutely !

Sir David Gray
09-10-2011, 10:56 PM
A very good result for him, the fact Nadal won just four points in the final set is just incredible, it's basically unheard of. I actually thought I was hearing things when someone mentioned that statistic earlier tonight.

With the Shanghai Masters starting tomorrow, and with Federer and Djokovic not playing, he'll hopefully get a shot at winning his third straight tournament.

It's just a pity he's never played like that against Nadal when it's really mattered, i.e. a Grand Slam.

Hopefully that match can be a bit of a springboard for him and to make him realise that when he does play aggressively, he is good enough to beat the very best.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Played well enough to beat him in The 2008 US Open Semi FH!

Sir David Gray
09-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Played well enough to beat him in The 2008 US Open Semi FH!

Yep, he did and it was a brilliant performance that day by Murray.

Unfortunately, though, more often than not Nadal has had the beating of him on the big stage;

2011 US Open semi-Nadal in four sets.
2011 Wimbledon semi-Nadal in four sets.
2011 French Open semi-Nadal in three sets.
2010 Wimbledon semi-Nadal in three sets.
2008 Wimbledon quarter final-Nadal in three sets.
2007 Australian Open last 16-Nadal in five sets.

It would be good to see Murray overtake Roger Federer in 3rd place in the world rankings before the end of the year. Whilst it wouldn't change much with regards to how his draw for tournaments would pan out, it would certainly be a signal of intent by Murray to try and go on and target the top two next year.

Biggie
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Yep, he did and it was a brilliant performance that day by Murray.

Unfortunately, though, more often than not Nadal has had the beating of him on the big stage;

2011 US Open semi-Nadal in four sets.
2011 Wimbledon semi-Nadal in four sets.
2011 French Open semi-Nadal in three sets.
2010 Wimbledon semi-Nadal in three sets.
2008 Wimbledon quarter final-Nadal in three sets.
2007 Australian Open last 16-Nadal in five sets.

It would be good to see Murray overtake Roger Federer in 3rd place in the world rankings before the end of the year. Whilst it wouldn't change much with regards to how his draw for tournaments would pan out, it would certainly be a signal of intent by Murray to try and go on and target the top two next year.
Yeah, it's be a good year for Andy M...4 grand slam semis and I think that's 4 tournament wins so far....maybe next year a slam will be his....defo would deserve number 3 in the world.