PDA

View Full Version : Two Hospitalised After Edinburgh Curry Eating Competition

Future17
05-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Sometimes a story just keeps on giving - here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15183070

My favourite part of this is that they managed to interview someone who took part whose name was "Curie" who came out with the brilliant quote:

"It was very painful and felt like I was being chainsawed in the stomach....with hot sauce on the chainsaw." :greengrin

Koom
07-10-2011, 03:29 PM
read it, a hottist curry in the world eating contest, with chillis 1000 times hotter than tobasco sause, those people must be crazy.....

Lucius Apuleius
09-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I can eat Birds eyes or Thai chilies raw. Tabasco is actually quite low on the old Scoville scale. Scotch bonnets did me in when I tried them raw though. Never tried nagas::greengrin:

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Never understood the fascination with the "I can eat a hotter curry than you brigade". I enjoy a curry myself but don't see the point in eating something that doesn't allow you to appreciate the great flavours that you can experience with many curries. I have tried Phaal and Vindaloo out of curiosity and found them both to be just very hot with little chance of really appreciating flavours.

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Never understood the fascination with the "I can eat a hotter curry than you brigade". I enjoy a curry myself but don't see the point in eating something that doesn't allow you to appreciate the great flavours that you can experience with many curries. I have tried Phaal and Vindaloo out of curiosity and found them both to be just very hot with little chance of really appreciating flavours.

You are absolutely correct. When ordering, or making, it totally depends what mod I am in whether I go for a ring singer or something a lot milder. Frequently have a korma,mild and tasty. Likewise I often have something that brings the sweats out on the first bite. They reckon capsaicin is addictive and I can understand where they are coming from.

danhibees1875
11-10-2011, 08:39 AM

yeh, they're nutters. being hospitalised is just their bad korma. ;) oh dear....

pacorosssco
13-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Has anyone eaten in this place ?

Hibee-Bongo
13-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Has anyone eaten in this place ?

I'm going tonight actually, been a couple of times before. Really good family restaurant, just remember its BYOB.

pacorosssco
14-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm going tonight actually, been a couple of times before. Really good family restaurant, just remember its BYOB.

and? what did ye huv? was it still good. fancy tryin this place when next back in town. cheers