PDA

View Full Version : Wallpapering my livingroom

HibbyAndy
03-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Anyone be able to tell me how much roughly it would cost for me to get a painter and decorater to wallpaper my livingroom? Its a standard sized livingroom.

I would have the walls stripped and sanded down etc..Id have bought the wallpaper also, All i would need is the painter geezer to hang it up.

Any info much appreciated :aok:

Scouse Hibee
03-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Anyone be able to tell me how much roughly it would cost for me to get a painter and decorater to wallpaper my livingroom? Its a standard sized livingroom.

I would have the walls stripped and sanded down etc..Id have bought the wallpaper also, All i would need is the painter geezer to hang it up.

Any info much appreciated :aok:

I have used a couple of decorators for this over the years, some have charged me a daily rate of say £150 and estimated how many days they would need. Others have charged by the roll for hanging paper, depending on what type of paper and how much of a pattern there is to match.

HibbyAndy
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
I have used a couple of decorators for this over the years, some have charged me a daily rate of say £150 and estimated how many days they would need. Others have charged by the roll for hanging paper, depending on what type of paper and how much of a pattern there is to match.

Cheers mate :aok:

Wembley67
03-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Real men plaster their walls - gay.

Leicester Fan
03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
You're in luck, I happen to be the finest paper hanger on this forum. If your paper hanger was working for a firm he'd be paid an hour a roll and he'd be expected to hang 8 rolls a day.I don't know what decorators earn in Edinburgh but I'd estimate between £15/£20 an hour.

If your room needs more than 8 rolls he might charge you 2 days, depends, also he might need to do a bit more prep as in my experience amateurs never do enough .