PDA

View Full Version : Defence tomorrow

green glory
30-09-2011, 10:43 AM
With Naismith out there may be some hope for tomorrow. I'd be very surpised if Gary or Ivan don't score, they'll be well up for it. Who would be your back four tomorrow though?

:flag:

Albion Hibs
30-09-2011, 11:41 AM
I would probably go for the same back four that we finished the game with on Tuesday. The only issue would be the pace of Palsson V's Wild - provided he plays.

I have not seen a lot of rangers but most seems to come through Davis in the middle. They still have good strikers in Lafferty and Jelavick (or whatever his name is). Think it will be a very difficult afternoon, there are not any defenses that have managed to stop rangers this season, and the later of the two above strikers had an offer for 6m turned down, so he must be some player.

If we are going to have any joy against them I think we will need to stop the likes of Davis, they dont seem to play back to front that often, so get stuck into their midfield and hope for the best. Therefore I think our midfield is perhaps more important. I dont think it would be a good idea to play Sproule, Griffiths, Agogo and O'Connor - all great attacking players but leave a lot to be desired defensively.

Franck is God
30-09-2011, 11:53 AM
my defence would be Towell, O'Hanlon, Stephens, Hanlon & Stevenson.

I'd be playing a 5-3-2, would want a strong midfield too and would use Osbourne, Scott & Palsson and look for O'Connor & Agogo to try and link between each other to try and nick a goal.

For me a 0-0 would be a fine result and any kind of win simply fantastic.

Zazu62
30-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Same as Wednesday chopping and changing the back 4 isn't the answer IMHO. Try and keep it tight first 20-30 mins

GGTTH

Gettin' Auld
30-09-2011, 01:41 PM
I think he'll stick with the same defence now........There's been enough chopping and changing, it's time to pick his preferred back four and give them time to settle.

euro Hibby
30-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Hibs are not defending well so I think we need to go for them at the throat...........if we sit back we will lose.

truehibernian
30-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Same defence for me, with Towell and Sproule having to ensure Wylde doesn't get too much space. Davis is key for them at present, so I hope both Palsson and Osbourne play a little higher up the pitch and close the space, preventing him going on runs.

Strangely confident tomorrow have to say. The midfield battle is crucial and I hope we play with a little width and pace. Ivan to rip Whitty a new one would be magic.

.Sean.
30-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Same defence that started on Wednesday, is my guess.

Craig_in_Prague
30-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Hibs are not defending well so I think we need to go for them at the throat...........if we sit back we will lose.

CC also stated he wants the 1st goal; As it's crucial if we want anything from them.

So, i hope that means we'll see a bright positive start from the side........

No point in travelling through if we are gonna sit in from the off.

they're a very good side but they are not unbeatable.

We just can't afford to defend the way we have been. Fingers crossed for a goal to us quite early on and hope the whole team works hard and gives nothing away.

heretoday
30-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Just get it up to the Big Man!

thebakerboy
30-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Would really like to see a tight back 3 of Palsson O'Hanlon and Hanlon , with Wotherspoon and Booth wing backs Towell sitting in front of back 3 (thought he looked at home there on Wednesday) Scott and Osbourne pushing up and Agoggo and O'Connor up front with Ivan to come on as a second half sub and score another hat trick.:hibees