PDA

View Full Version : Which was your favourite humping of the huns?

hibs0666
30-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Think it was last year's game for me as it was so unexpected and it was a total doing. :thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
30-09-2011, 08:57 AM
The cup game. Proving the first time wasn't a fluke, and giving a fleeting moment that we might actually win the bloody thing.

Game last year was burdened by the fact we were so godawful against Hearts prior to that.

Mikey
30-09-2011, 09:02 AM
The cup game for me.

weecounty hibby
30-09-2011, 09:04 AM
I voted SC game but my favourite win overthem at Ibrox was in 1990.
0-1 victory with Houchen scoring the winner. Our bus from Alloa had 11 die hard members there that day and on the way through the Rangers fans gave us pelters about how few of us there were on a 52 seat bus. Post match brick through the window of said bus made it a little chilly. But when we got stopped in traffic in that wee tunnel on the motorway surrounded by hun buses and cars we gave it absolute laldy out of the broken window. Was great to see there greetin faces. Good day out that was.

basehibby
30-09-2011, 09:20 AM
The SC win was my favourite for a few reasons. I was actually there for starters and the bookies would have given massive odds for Hibs winning twice on the trott at Hunbrox - never mind a second 3-0!

There was also a large Hibs support creating a brilliant atmosphere for what was an exhilerating cup tie - and the team responded with the most convincing display out of the hattrick of 3-0 humpings selected.

Geo_1875
30-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Voted for SC game but League Cup semi was my favourite. Keith Wright beating Goram. I lost my voice, my keys and 2 days.

Mikey
30-09-2011, 09:27 AM
The league cup semi was pretty mental right enough. Our bus was late and I arrived just in time for Keith's goal.

We never found the bus again after the game and just ended up jumping on one that was going back to Edinburgh.

KdyHby
30-09-2011, 09:29 AM
The Souness match, with his overpaid players from the south

Darth Hibbie
30-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Voted for SC game but League Cup semi was my favourite. Keith Wright beating Goram. I lost my voice, my keys and 2 days.

:agree: Given its absence, I have voted for last seasons. Took me about a week to get my voice back and it was so unexpected.

calumhibee1
30-09-2011, 09:33 AM
2-1 at Easter Road when we went 2-0 up early doors through Deek & Garry. Could have been 10. :agree:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4468190.stm

Don Giovanni
30-09-2011, 09:54 AM
2-1 at Easter Road when we went 2-0 up early doors through Deek & Garry. Could have been 10. :agree:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4468190.stm :agree: Cracking game. Absolutely knew we were gonna spank them that day. No doubt in my mind from the moment I woke up - and I'm usually pretty cautious! Could have and should have been more. Of the selected fixtures I particularly enjoyed the Scottish Cup win. Probably because it was two consecutive 0 - 3 wins and the large away support. GGTTH

dalkeith stu
30-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Of the 3 Sproule's hat trick was the best. The sour grape's from Mcleish afterwards made it all the sweeter.

Was in the home end for the game last season, what a laugh it was trying to keep the lid on my excitement.

My fav was the 0-1 jackson penalty, was my 1st trip to Ibrox and probably the last penalty awarded to an away team there.

bawheid
30-09-2011, 10:26 AM
My fav was the 0-1 jackson penalty, was my 1st trip to Ibrox and probably the last penalty awarded to an away team there.

I was at that game too. Kevin Harper pretty much dived outside the box and John Rowbottham pointed to the spot. Couldn't believe it!

hibsfan7
30-09-2011, 10:56 AM
what about saturdays 3-0 win

ivan sproule hatrick again

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

Franck is God
30-09-2011, 11:27 AM
As I've been going for a number of years I have had the pleasure of seeing us beat Rangers quite a few times, they were all memorable but.....

Top 5 in order.

3-0 Cup win at Ibrox simply because there could be no excuses, we just outplayed them from start to finish.

1-0 League Cup win at Hampden, KeithKeithKeithKeithKeithKeithKeith

2-1 at ER (Souness's first match in Scottish Football)

1-0 at ER (Zitelli scored) made more special because I flew back from holiday that day and drove up from Bradford in time to see the game

2-0 at ER in 85 in the first leg of the League Cup Semi, Durie and Chisolm scored and was the first time I'd seen Hibs beat them.

iwasthere1972
30-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I voted for the Scottish Cup because let's face it we'll never win the league. Come to think of it.........

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2011, 06:58 PM
I voted the cup game as we had a huge support that day, although the Ivan game was legendary.

My fave of all time was a League Cup semi at Ibrox years ago, which we actually lost 0-1, but it didn't matter as it was a two-legged game and we'd already put the Hun to the sword at ER with a 2-0 win.

Was just a slip of a boy, but recall that the atmosphere tremendous with 8,000 Hibs fans outsinging 28,000 Huns.

Does anyone remember when that was?

Franck is God
30-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I voted the cup game as we had a huge support that day, although the Ivan game was legendary.

My fave of all time was a League Cup semi at Ibrox years ago, which we actually lost 0-1, but it didn't matter as it was a two-legged game and we'd already put the Hun to the sword at ER with a 2-0 win.

Was just a slip of a boy, but recall that the atmosphere tremendous with 8,000 Hibs fans outsinging 28,000 Huns.

It was in 1985, Davie Cooper scored an incredible free kick to beat Roughie who had a fantastic night in goals. Sadly we froze in the final and Aberdeen cuffed us 3-0.

EasterRoad4Ever
30-09-2011, 07:09 PM
SC win will live long in the memory. First time I had been to Ibrox in 20 years (since the 0-1 defeat, but ended 2-1 Hibs on aggregate). 5,500 Hibs fans, early KO, 3 great goals, we arra peepol. It doesn't get much better than that.

Hainan Hibs
30-09-2011, 07:10 PM
The SC game was one of my favourite games of all time. It was fantastic to see such a large Hibs support take over that stand, which almost collapsed under the Hibees Bounce:greengrin

It was one of those games where you are the underdogs but you wake up and just know you will win. It never gets boring watching the highlights and seeing Sproule smash in the 2nd and hearing the scream from the Hibs support, it was almost squeaky enough that only dogs could hear it :greengrin

Another highlight of the day was doing the Jimmy Boco chant on the smartie tube metro, thought the thing was about to go off the rails:greengrin

Quite sad to think it was quite a few years ago now.

Hainan Hibs
30-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I'll also have to put in a mention for Alan Orman.

A world class screamer from 25 yards out, and then a sauzee-esque sprint all the way back to the Hibs fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgeZlx1VO8

Lost count of the amount of Row Z strikes that followed in the coming year :greengrin

PaulSmith
30-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Definitely the 3-0 cup game, live to the UK, we pumped them. Knew we'd win and the players knew as well.

The 3 LC ties, Jackson pen, Sproule x 3, Souness game, Houchan and Weir v The Israeli goalie Ginsberg... All memorable.

SteveHFC
30-09-2011, 07:29 PM
League Cup Penalties. Ivan's Hat-Trick.

hibsbollah
30-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Easy, the Cup game because it was the only one I was there for. The singing and the bounce from the 7,500 of us at the end was UNBELIEVABLE:flag:. I dont think i'll ever enjoy a game as much as that again.

thebakerboy
30-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry on checking this was actually 3 1 at Ibrox . It was when I was young and daft as opposed to old and not so daft. At the last minute my mate and I decided to go through and the bloody train was late , got in at the first turnstyle we arrived late and missed kick off. We got to back of crowd and were jumping up and down trying to see what was happening and soon found a spot right at the back and saw Peter Marinello run through beating half a dozen huns to open the scoring and started screaming and shouting Hibees hibees and then realised we were at the home end and had to make a run for it to the safety of the other Hibees , but what a day Peter scored again and so did Joe McBride and Peter went to Arsenal on the strengh of that game . A grand day out.

francobaresi
30-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Any game where they get humped works for me... I liked the game at ibrox when gaza played, think we won 1-0... Sat next to some lads from Newcastle who were giving him it tight... Great days...

francobaresi
30-09-2011, 08:07 PM
what about saturdays 3-0 win

ivan sproule hatrick again

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

I'm encouraged by your optimism... :not worth

hibs0666
30-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Was anyone else there for all three games?

iwasthere1972
30-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Sorry on checking this was actually 3 1 at Ibrox . It was when I was young and daft as opposed to old and not so daft. At the last minute my mate and I decided to go through and the bloody train was late , got in at the first turnstyle we arrived late and missed kick off. We got to back of crowd and were jumping up and down trying to see what was happening and soon found a spot right at the back and saw Peter Marinello run through beating half a dozen huns to open the scoring and started screaming and shouting Hibees hibees and then realised we were at the home end and had to make a run for it to the safety of the other Hibees , but what a day Peter scored again and so did Joe McBride and Peter went to Arsenal on the strengh of that game . A grand day out.

:thumbsup: Did exactly the same. I remember to this day the look I got of some old female hun. I knew she was a woman as her moustache was neatly trimmed. I stayed were I was and celebrated all three goals. I was scared of nobody as a teenager. :take that :take that :take that

Sergey
30-09-2011, 08:27 PM

It was in 1985, Davie Cooper scored an incredible free kick to beat Roughie who had a fantastic night in goals. Sadly we froze in the final and Aberdeen cuffed us 3-0.

Thanks for the mammaries, Bob.

I also recall a league game that season when we won at Ibrox 1-2 with Colin Harris scoring the winner with a thunderous 1 yard drive. A game also remembered for some Hun running on the pitch and lamping Kevin McKee.

God....I still hate that shower (an oxymoron with shower and Rangers in the same thread)

DMR1875
30-09-2011, 08:56 PM
For me it has to be 1986, Souness just paid a fortune for his English stars to head east to ER, he was sent off, riot in the middle of the park! We won!

I feel old!

iwasthere1972
30-09-2011, 09:11 PM
For me it has to be 1986, Souness just paid a fortune for his English stars to head east to ER, he was sent off, riot in the middle of the park! We won!

I feel old!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvdesakrwn0&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL6A008609C76C82F8

Higgy115
30-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Think it was last year's game for me as it was so unexpected and it was a total doing. :thumbsup:

That's because you were too drunk to remember the others !!!!!

hibs0666
30-09-2011, 10:12 PM
That's because you were too drunk to remember the others !!!!!

Turbo-tastic. :wink:

I'm going with Billy tomorrow and making a day of it if you fancy getting down to the ticket office tomorrow. :wink:

Sir David Gray
30-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I would say the Scottish Cup game as well.

I've never been to Ibrox and witnessed a Hibs victory, the closest we've got was two years ago when Stokes scored that cracker to get us a 1-1 draw.

The game last season was in midweek and I was unable to make it, the other 0-3 games came before I realised that the disabled section for away fans was in a good area so I didn't even consider going to Ibrox back then.

Hopefully I'll see a 0-3 victory in the flesh tomorrow! :thumbsup:

heretoday
30-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Willie Hamilton's match. Scottish Cup 3rd round 2-1 at Easter Road in 1965. He scored both goals and was outstanding in front of a capacity crowd.

I was an 11 year old in the director's box being spoilt rotten by ample bosomed females in fur coats.

How very different from today's ER experience.

SanFranHibs
01-10-2011, 12:39 AM
I would say the Scottish Cup game as well.

I've never been to Ibrox and witnessed a Hibs victory, the closest we've got was two years ago when Stokes scored that cracker to get us a 1-1 draw.

The game last season was in midweek and I was unable to make it, the other 0-3 games came before I realised that the disabled section for away fans was in a good area so I didn't even consider going to Ibrox back then.

Hopefully I'll see a 0-3 victory in the flesh tomorrow! :thumbsup:

You'll get a yellow even if you take your shirt off !!!

In the flesh??? At least a red and possibly a season ending ban !!!

Unless you have what English bobbies pointed hats can cover ! :embarrass
:flag:

Forgot to say I voted for the cup game. We just played them off the park !

Who remembers the 0-2 semi final replay victory in 1972. Stand was rocking with the Hibs fans chanting Hibees and stamping their feet. I went through on my own, got lost and had to 'hitch' a lift to Queen St. station from 2 Rangers fans, who to their credit, advised me not to walk about Glasgow in my Hibs gear, especially after just knocking them out. Probably done them a favour. Celtic played pretty good in the final. :(

erin go bragh
01-10-2011, 08:26 AM

Was also at the cup game 2nd leg,1985,midweek night game , what a night that was , can also remember us out singing them all game , the 1st leg at the san siro [ 2,0] was also a ggod one , we could have scored 4 or 5 that night[but 2 was enough]

GGTTH

erin go bragh
01-10-2011, 08:33 AM

I feel old!

Riots were on the terrace too , rangers fans were throwing alsorts at us , never forget the man in his 40s who had a golf ball with nails through it stuck in his forehead , dirty bassas isnt strong enough , so glad we beat them that day .

GGTTH

Higgy115
01-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Turbo-tastic. :wink:

I'm going with Billy tomorrow and making a day of it if you fancy getting down to the ticket office tomorrow. :wink:

Wish i was mate, can't make it i'm afraid.

Keep Billy off them Turbo's :crazy:

Have a good day and try and get out taxi at right end.................

bournehibby
01-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Willie Hamilton's match. Scottish Cup 3rd round 2-1 at Easter Road in 1965. He scored both goals and was outstanding in front of a capacity crowd.

I was an 11 year old in the director's box being spoilt rotten by ample bosomed females in fur coats.

How very different from today's ER experience.

That's my favourite one too :agree:

bh

Hermit Crab
01-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Although ive been at all recent Hibs wins at Ibrox i voted for the game last season because we were toiling at the time and it was so unexpected and there was only 250 of us in the away end that night.

LEaston87
01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Scottish cup game for me because the atmosphere was mental in the away end that day! also have to mention the 1-0 murphy header under collins, when we went about 12 games unbeaten, i can remember that amazing spell of possession we had... must have kept the ball for about 5 minutes!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Favourite for me was the semi final of the league cup when it was still played over two legs. In the LC we were brilliant in midweek but somehow couldn't play at weekends. Remember Sloop saying in the papers that he was building a team to win the league, and I believed him.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Scottish cup game for me because the atmosphere was mental in the away end that day! also have to mention the 1-0 murphy header under collins, when we went about 12 games unbeaten, i can remember that amazing spell of possession we had... must have kept the ball for about 5 minutes!

Im sure that footage is on You tube somewhere.