PDA

View Full Version : Naismith banned

Billy Whizz
26-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Noticed that Steven Naismith got a 2 game ban for his elbow off the ball against Dunfermline last Saturday. I think he's lucky that's all he got, as it was a terrible incident. He's banned for their next 2 matches against Killie and Hibs!

SteveHFC
26-09-2011, 04:19 PM
:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
26-09-2011, 04:28 PM
A good outcome imo. These fast track proceedings have improved disciplinary hearings somewhat.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=279&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=8586

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2011, 04:59 PM
it is a good outcome BUT, Dunfermline should have had a penalty, and a player that went on to score 2 goals should have been sent off. So from Dunfermlines point of view, dissapointing that it wasnt noticed by one of 2 nearby officials.

hibiedude
26-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Noticed that Steven Naismith got a 2 game ban for his elbow off the ball against Dunfermline last Saturday. I think he's lucky that's all he got, as it was a terrible incident. He's banned for their next 2 matches against Killie and Hibs!

I said at the time he should have been sent off but he stays on and scores 2 Goals what about the Ref he should face a ban

matty_f
26-09-2011, 05:08 PM
it is a good outcome BUT, Dunfermline should have had a penalty, and a player that went on to score 2 goals should have been sent off. So from Dunfermlines point of view, dissapointing that it wasnt noticed by one of 2 nearby officials.

Yep, very harsh on the Pars.

The_Sauz
26-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I think it's about time Mr Brines got demoted, the man is a clown! :agree:

grunt
26-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I think it's about time Mr Brines got demoted, the man is a clown! :agree:I think it's about time they introduced video evidence into SPL, Championship and EPL matches. That was blatant, the video evidence incontrovertible; could have been spotted at the time and action taken immediately. No excuses.

Albion Hibs
26-09-2011, 06:43 PM

Agreed, people rattle on about how pash the football is in this league, the standard of our officials is far far worse. I do remember thinking that after miller had his red card removed last year.

The really unfair thing is if he does go off it changes the game, no doubt. As to whether it changes the result it is impossible to say. But Killie are in a similar position to Dunfermline in the league and we are below them. By losing a player it could be said both teams have a better chance of moving away from and catching Dunfermline respectively. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining given we are the ones trying to catch them, but it is harsh!

Get the officials to give a flying one, and stop being so sh*t scared of making a decision that does not favour the old firm.

stantonhibby
26-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Agreed, people rattle on about how pash the football is in this league, the standard of our officials is far far worse. I do remember thinking that after miller had his red card removed last year.

The really unfair thing is if he does go off it changes the game, no doubt. As to whether it changes the result it is impossible to say. But Killie are in a similar position to Dunfermline in the league and we are below them. By losing a player it could be said both teams have a better chance of moving away from and catching Dunfermline respectively. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining given we are the ones trying to catch them, but it is harsh!

Get the officials to give a flying one, and stop being so sh*t scared of making a decision that does not favour the old firm.

sadly that is spot on.

Bayern Bru
26-09-2011, 06:54 PM

Aye, pretty much what I was going to post. If officials actually acted by the rules and not 'How will this impact the Old Firm' then I reckon things might be better. I'm away to look up how many red cards Celtc and Rangers got last season compared to the rest of the SPL.

Glad he's been banned though, horrible wee scrote.

Albion Hibs
26-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Aye, pretty much what I was going to post. If officials actually acted by the rules and not 'How will this impact the Old Firm' then I reckon things might be better. I'm away to look up how many red cards Celtc and Rangers got last season compared to the rest of the SPL.

Glad he's been banned though, horrible wee scrote.

Exclude the ones they got against each other. Remember there is some sort of conspiracy or establishment or something like that anyway. So they dont count.

Would also be interested to know how often, they finish a game 10 against 10, you know the refs chock on evening things up.

weecounty hibby
26-09-2011, 08:20 PM
The ref should be pulled up by his superiors for his part in this. I have just seen the pictures from the camera behind the goals and he is looking right at the incident. Bottled an easy decision IMO.

JimBHibees
26-09-2011, 08:27 PM
The ref should be pulled up by his superiors for his part in this. I have just seen the pictures from the camera behind the goals and he is looking right at the incident. Bottled an easy decision IMO.

Yep no way that the ref or the linesman at camera side wouldnt have seen it they blatantly chose not to. Spineless as. Can remember a Hibs Celtc game where we were 1 up and Balde blatantly elbowed Fenwick directly in front of the ref who chose not to see it. Given we were 1 up and they would have been down to ten men in the first half shows how much of an influence this sort of lack of integrity has on the game. Both ref and linesman should be demoted for missing such a blatant decision.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2011, 08:55 PM

I saw the incident for the first time last night on Sportscene and there is simply no way that Iain Brines did NOT see what happened. If that's what he's trying to claim then I don't believe him. He was looking straight at the pair of them when Naismith threw his arm back.

It's good news that he won't be playing against us. Now all we need is for Jelavic and Davis to either get sent off or pick up a knock tomorrow night against Kilmarnock and we might just be in with half a chance! :greengrin

BoltonHibee
26-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't think there was any controversial incidents when we had the foreign refs last year.

We have corruption riddled through our game although some choose to ignore it.

grunt
26-09-2011, 10:14 PM
The ref should be pulled up by his superiors for his part in this. Sounds painful.

Bayern Bru
26-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Interesting stats regarding discipline in the last three seasons or so. This is total number of yellows and reds in the league.

2008/09:

Celtic - 49 yellows, 2 reds. (Best discipline).
Rangers - 65 yellows, 5 reds. (7th best discipline).
Killie - 92 yellows, 2 reds. (Worst discipline).

Hibs - 75 yellows, 4 reds. (2nd worst discipline!)

2009/10:

Celtic - 51 yellows, 4 reds (2nd best discipline).
Rangers - 58 yellows, 5 reds (6th best discipline).
Hearts - 76 yellows, 9 reds (worst discipline).

Hibs - 62 yellows, 4 reds (5th worst discipline).

2010/11:

Celtic - 64 yellows, 5 reds (6th best discipline).
Rangers - 60 yellows, 1 red (2nd best discipline).
Hearts - 84 yellows, 5 red (worst discipline).

Hibs - 71 yellows, 6 red (3rd worst discipline).

2011/12 so far:

Celtic - 5 yellows, 1 red (best discipline).
Rangers - 11 yellows, 1 red (3rd best discipline).
St Mirren - 19 yellows, 1 red (worst discipline).

Hibs - 20 yellows, 0 red (2nd worst discipline).

The gulf in bookings/sendings off is incredible, and I don't think it's because the Old Firm have players who are interested in fair play.

What was that about a conspiracy again?

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Just saw the elbow on SSN for the first time. Very lucky to escape with a 2 game ban!

one day maybe...
29-09-2011, 04:09 PM
We have a guy that plays for us that was citied by a referee for violent conduct, use of an elbow. Now, he gets 4 games for the violent conduct, 4 games for the elbow and another 4 because we are top of the league with 8 games to go plus cups (summer football), sour grapes from the other teams that sit on the disciplinary panel I presume. This is his first suspension in at least 3 years not even for an accummulation of yellows has he been suspended. We have of course appealed the extra 4 games that the bams have given him and await the outcome.
But what I can't understand is this offence carries a 2 game penalty in the SPL, a 3 game penalty in the Juniors, so why a blooming 8 game penalty in the amateurs?

silverhibee
29-09-2011, 04:11 PM
No surprise harry potter defending him on SSN. A thug defending a thug.

Hibs Class
29-09-2011, 04:44 PM

Seriously? What defence did he offer?

hibsbollah
29-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Just watched it. Indefensible surely?

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=-5pdThPdzow

Hibs Class
29-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Just watched it. Indefensible surely?

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=-5pdThPdzow

:agree: Just seen it for the first time - obviously knew what he was doing, inexcusable.

RyeSloan
29-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Reporting Scotland was little better...something along the lines of Naismith gets a 2 match ban but Coisty says he shouldn't change his style because of it, rest of the report then pretty much concentrates on telling us all how good Naismith is and has little or no condemnation of what was a pretty awful and thuggish elbow.