PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Surprise - Phil Airey Ain't Coming Back

Speedway
24-09-2011, 07:04 PM
The loan deal has been voided. He ain't coming back.

greenlex
24-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Still been to ER more than TQM . :greengrin

Cropley10
24-09-2011, 07:06 PM

Newcastle unbeaten all season.

Hibs have won one game.

Not a tough choice.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Was it a case of airey being fairy or did newcastle pull the plug?

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Not surprised, this was mentioned as being the case a couple of weeks ago.

That means he only played 18 minutes of football for Hibs. Has there ever been anyone who has appeared less than Phil Airey? :dunno:

R'Albin
24-09-2011, 07:12 PM

As I predicted when Griffiths signed :smug:

greenlex
24-09-2011, 07:12 PM

That means he only played 18 minutes of football for Hibs. Has there ever been anyone who has appeared less than Phil Airey? :dunno:
:agree:TQM

Tricla
24-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Brian Kerr? :dunno:

Speedway
24-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Brian Kerr? :dunno:

I was going to say Konte although Lillian Martin must give Airey a run for his money in terms of time on the pitch.

hibbill2002
24-09-2011, 07:16 PM

The win bonus clerk.

Albion Hibs
24-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Was his loan not until January. With the injury he had is he even back yet? I would think given the time he would need to spend getting match fit there was little to no point in him coming back. In any event I think that is why we got Griffiths in, if that was the trade, and I am sure it was, then I am much happier having Griffiths than Airey, so no issue for me that he is not coming back.

Hope he gets back to fitness though. Was injured when with us and would not like to think that he was going to suffer in the long term.

Twa Cairpets
24-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Cant mind the name of the poor guy, but was there not a bloke in the 80's who broke his leg at Berwick on his debut in the first minute and never played again?

BEEJ
24-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Hope he gets back to fitness though. Was injured when with us and would not like to think that he was going to suffer in the long term.
I think his severe bout of home-sickness will be well cured by now.

IberianHibernian
24-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Cant mind the name of the poor guy, but was there not a bloke in the 80's who broke his leg at Berwick on his debut in the first minute and never played again?Was about to mention this player . Ian Hendry . A left back who looked good for the 50 seconds he played and on paper . Think it was year we were in Division 1 and for some reason played in Berwick twice in same month ( New Year`s Day and 31st January , 1981 when he was injured ) . Not sure if he played for anyone else when he recovered .

Billy
24-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Was his loan not until January. With the injury he had is he even back yet? I would think given the time he would need to spend getting match fit there was little to no point in him coming back. In any event I think that is why we got Griffiths in, if that was the trade, and I am sure it was, then I am much happier having Griffiths than Airey, so no issue for me that he is not coming back.

The post match interview explains about Airey and also about Taggart going on loan (3 mins 51)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CigbB9IU68

Barney McGrew
24-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Tell them to wipe the camera lens before they start filming next time Billy :greengrin

Billy
24-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Tell them to wipe the camera lens before they start filming next time Billy :greengrin

Sorry mate, my fault as I didn't give it a clean after Tuesday night's game (bad drills). I'll have it gleaming for Wednesday night :thumbsup: :greengrin

hibsbollah
24-09-2011, 08:37 PM
The post match interview explains about Airey and also about Taggart going on loan (3 mins 51)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CigbB9IU68

Reminiscent of Martin Luther King's 'I Have A Dream' speech, or Elizabeth I of England addressing the troops at Tilbury Docks.
You can't say our manager isn't an uninspirational speaker.:aok:

bighairyfaeleith
24-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Reminiscent of Martin Luther King's 'I Have A Dream' speech, or Elizabeth I of England addressing the troops at Tilbury Docks.

It's probably that bitch stella, but I'm seriously struggling to follow that last line of yours:wink:

Aubenas
24-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Ian Hendry was the guy who broke his leg at Berwick. Dunno ifbge played anywhere else

hibsbollah
24-09-2011, 08:54 PM
It's probably that bitch stella, but I'm seriously struggling to follow that last line of yours:wink:

Its the old 'triple negative':devil:
Have another Stella, it'll probably help:greengrin

Matty_Jack04
24-09-2011, 09:11 PM

The german centre half JC signed from Monaco on loan? Cannae mind him getting much of a game.

Airey's attitude is quite something though, obviously pardew didn't need him or he wouldn't have been allowed here in the first place but still he'd rather stay there and not have a chance to prove a point or repay his former coach for having faith in him got to hope that's not the attitude of all fringe players down south, suppose pardew didn't help with his comments on the standard of the SPL with Fraser fosters loan with Celtic

Hibby D
24-09-2011, 09:11 PM

I'm still struggling to work out what he meant :dizzy:

But I'm also not bothered enough that I'd listen to the interview to work it out :no way:

Barney McGrew
24-09-2011, 09:18 PM
The german centre half JC signed from Monaco on loan? Cannae mind him getting much of a game

Torben Jonelit.

Now starring for Genk in the group stages of the Champions League. Not Hibs class.

Monts
24-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Airey is obviously a complete welt.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 09:38 PM
The german centre half JC signed from Monaco on loan? Cannae mind him getting much of a game.

Airey's attitude is quite something though, obviously pardew didn't need him or he wouldn't have been allowed here in the first place but still he'd rather stay there and not have a chance to prove a point or repay his former coach for having faith in him got to hope that's not the attitude of all fringe players down south, suppose pardew didn't help with his comments on the standard of the SPL with Fraser fosters loan with Celtic

Torben Joneleit.

He played 170 minutes in a Hibs shirt before going back to Monaco.

BEEJ
24-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Torben Joneleit.

He played 170 minutes in a Hibs shirt before going back to Monaco.
And how about:

Jonatan Johanssen
Steve Pinau
Fabian Yantorno
Abderouf Zarabi
Patrick Noubissie
Paul Dalglish
Oumar Konde
Lillian Martin?

Some of these guys will have played less than 170 minutes for Hibs before departing.

In fact, why don't we create the bottom end of a league table of appearance time, with Phil Airey doubtless propping up the rest? :greengrin (Last ten seasons only to simplify matters)

Hiber-nation
24-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Was about to mention this player . Ian Hendry . A left back who looked good for the 50 seconds he played and on paper . Think it was year we were in Division 1 and for some reason played in Berwick twice in same month ( New Year`s Day and 31st January , 1981 when he was injured ) . Not sure if he played for anyone else when he recovered .

I'm positive he did play for us again but I'll leave it to someone else to bother checking if anyone can be ersed....

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 10:27 PM
And how about:

Jonatan Johanssen
Steve Pinau
Fabian Yantorno
Abderouf Zarabi
Patrick Noubissie
Paul Dalglish
Oumar Konde
Lillian Martin?

Some of these guys will have played less than 170 minutes for Hibs before departing.

In fact, why don't we create the bottom end of a league table of appearance time, with Phil Airey doubtless propping up the rest? :greengrin (Last ten seasons only to simplify matters)

Oumar Konde-896 minutes.
Abderraouf Zarabi-715 minutes.
Paul Dalglish-633 minutes.
Jonatan Johansson-580 minutes.
Patrick Noubissie-262 minutes.
Steve Pinau-211 minutes.
Fabian Yantorno-186 minutes.
Lilian Martin-90 minutes.

snooky
24-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Rab Shannon?
Minutes played for Hibs (if any)?

BEEJ
24-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Oumar Konde-896 minutes.
Steve Pinau-211 minutes.
Thanks. Some surprisingly high appearance times there. Suggests that the performances of some of these guys wasn't that memorable. :greengrin

(So have you got all these stats on some clever database or do you just have plenty of spare time? :wink:)

Sir David Gray
24-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks. Some surprisingly high appearance times there. Suggests that the performances of some of these guys wasn't that memorable. :greengrin

(So have you got all these stats on some clever database or do you just have plenty of spare time? :wink:)

Sadly, it's the latter. :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Sorry mate, my fault as I didn't give it a clean after Tuesday night's game (bad drills). I'll have it gleaming for Wednesday night :thumbsup: :greengrin

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
24-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Ian Hendry stats

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=839

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2011, 10:33 AM

WOt about johnny leith guggi or schmugge ?

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 10:41 AM

He gave playing to soon. Just give him a jersey and get him chatting to opposition defenders and watch them start to nod off one by one.

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2011, 10:42 AM

It was always plane to see that would be the case.

aberhibsfc
25-09-2011, 10:47 AM
How about Tam McCourt?

Mind you, he had the same game time as Beaumont when they lifted the last two league cups.

hibsbollah
25-09-2011, 10:50 AM
He gave playing to soon. Just give him a jersey and get him chatting to opposition defenders and watch them start to nod off one by one. Even by Colin's usual standards it was borderline autistic. Hes probably got some good ideas on how to play the game but its obvious hes not a communicator. Just as well we've now got the Mussbra Messiah to explain to the players what theyre supposed to be doing.

KWJ
25-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Did he not play in that game away to Clydebank where we lost our unbeaten run? Only time McLeish played him.

Might be well off here.

Jones28
25-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Oumar Konde-896 minutes.
Steve Pinau-211 minutes.

That f****** huddy played 715 minutes for Hibs?! :shocked:

KWJ
26-09-2011, 02:14 AM
WOt about johnny leith guggi or schmugge ?

Guggi played about 10 games for us and was very good. It was the nurse scandal that ended it for him although I do recall he was strangely on the bench later that season away to airdrie. Didn't get on though.

Klaus Dietrich on the other hand..

Septimus
26-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Still been to ER more than TQM . :greengrin

If this means Torquemada I think he has been involved in just about every home game for some time now. Sheer torture.