PDA

View Full Version : Fitness First

Septimus
20-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Why do we not stop signing unfit players? There seems to be little point in signing a professional footballer who is unfit on the off chance that he might eventually become so.

They have a commodity to sell and it isn't lard.

cad
20-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Signing unfit players is one thing ,having a state of the art training centre to get unfit players fit makes you wonder what our player and fitness coaches do down theyre .
Then again maybe the manager and coaching staff think our players are in tip top condition to play in the SPL ,canny see it ma sel likes .:rolleyes:

ScottB
20-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Why do we not stop signing unfit players? There seems to be little point in signing a professional footballer who is unfit on the off chance that he might eventually become so.

They have a commodity to sell and it isn't lard.

I strongly suspect our coaching staff turns players into lazy, unfit huddies who can't pass a ball. That they have thus far seemed to have avoided people's fury for our crap playing performances confuses me somewhat, seeing as they probably have by far the most day to day contact with the squad, they have to be doing something wrong. Folk just seem keen to blame Petrie for the fact that half of them can't pass the ball without tripping over it...

Dashing Bob S
20-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes, me could make a Messi into a Manning (Bernard) in no time.