PDA

View Full Version : The fans need to speak up...

m3llow1
17-09-2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/273839039302450/?notif_t=group_activity

Elephant Stone
17-09-2011, 07:45 PM
CC out? Aye.

Board Out? No, ta.

1two
17-09-2011, 07:57 PM
CC out? Aye.

Board Out? No, ta.

It's the boards responsibility for consistently appointing failures.

Someone has to be accountable.

It's time for change

Elephant Stone
17-09-2011, 08:19 PM

It's time for change

With the exception of CC I think it's fair to say the fans have been happy with our recent appointments when they were made. Is it fair to ask them to predict what we can't? They need to explain why they turned down the cash to relieve ourselves of CC in the summer and they need to get the next appointment right but I think we need to be careful what we wish for in terms of major board level change.

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 08:37 PM

It's time for change

How do you propose to change the entire board?

Hiber-nation
17-09-2011, 08:41 PM

How do you propose to change our demise?

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 08:41 PM
How do you propose to change our demise?

We wont die. Are you going to take over then?

EasterRoad4Ever
17-09-2011, 08:42 PM
With the exception of CC I think it's fair to say the fans have been happy with our recent appointments when they were made. Is it fair to ask them to predict what we can't? They need to explain why they turned down the cash to relieve ourselves of CC in the summer and they need to get the next appointment right but I think we need to be careful what we wish for in terms of major board level change.

More than fair, it's their JOB ..... and why they get paid so much to do it. Us fans have NO SAY over who gets appointed to a job, the Board has to take SOLE responsibility for their decisions and cannot hide behind a populist vote of the fans. Hibs' Board has quite simply FAILED the club too often in appointing managers they have subsequently had to sack for under performance. Their failure is their failure. Let's not try dilute it.

Hiber-nation
17-09-2011, 08:50 PM
We wont die. Are you going to take over then?

Who's talking about the club dieing? And what's with the smartass answer? I was merely wondering what your solution was to the crisis the club is currently in.

The Falcon
17-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Who's talking about the club dieing? And what's with the smartass answer? I was merely wondering what your solution was to the crisis the club is currently in.

You said "demise". Look it up.

Hiber-nation
17-09-2011, 08:57 PM
You said "demise". Look it up.

Christ you're clever. How about demise as a top 6 football club.

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 08:58 PM

The only reason the fans were happy when the next appointment was made, was because we knew the next one couldn't possibley be any worse than the last one. But the board proved us wrong in that respect time and time again by doing the impossible and managing to bring in someone even worse each time.

There seems to be no sense of direction with the board. As far as they're concerned, "Completed stadium, Training complex.... job done". They have no idea on the footballing aspect itself.

Hiber-nation
17-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I aplogise if you thought I was trying to be a "smartass", I didn't realise you were stupid. Sorry.

Thank you and goodnight :applause:

Hibercelona
17-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Title of the thread should be: "Fans need to GROW up".

With the pathetic amount of pointless little handbag rants on here. :rolleyes:

H18sry
17-09-2011, 09:06 PM

What crisis?

Aubenas
17-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Some right nonsense here. STF owns the club. He appoints the Board. He is obviously content with the job they've done - stabilized club, quadrupled its value. So they arent going anywhere. Like the fans they look at which managerial appts are available, check background & appoint the one they think has best chance of success; football is a game of chance - sometimes it comes off, sometimes, for most clubs, it doesn't. If you look at UK stats, the majority of boards get it wrong on AND off the pitch - which is why football is bankrupt. Hibs lucky to have a board that at least gets it right off the pitch; at least that means we will have a club to support. I'm no going unless they are successful' is just not realistic. Clubs have their successful periods & lean periods - look at Arabs, Aberdeen, Spurs, Vale of Leven, Dundee. We need to get over it. Doesn't mean we have to be happy with current situation. But you can't sack the board - that's like getting rid of everyone on the bridge. You mightn't like the ship's direction but you still need someone to sail the bloody thing. I share the frustration on here; it's just not sensible to say 'get rid of the Board'.

ronaldo7
17-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Some right nonsense here. STF owns the club. He appoints the Board. He is obviously content with the job they've done - stabilized club, quadrupled its value. So they arent going anywhere. Like the fans they look at which managerial appts are available, check background & appoint the one they think has best chance of success; football is a game of chance - sometimes it comes off, sometimes, for most clubs, it doesn't. If you look at UK stats, the majority of boards get it wrong on AND off the pitch - which is why football is bankrupt. Hibs lucky to have a board that at least gets it right off the pitch; at least that means we will have a club to support. I'm no going unless they are successful' is just not realistic. Clubs have their successful periods & lean periods - look at Arabs, Aberdeen, Spurs, Vale of Leven, Dundee. We need to get over it. Doesn't mean we have to be happy with current situation. But you can't sack the board - that's like getting rid of everyone on the bridge. You mightn't like the ship's direction but you still need someone to sail the bloody thing. I share the frustration on here; it's just not sensible to say 'get rid of the Board'.

I'm lovin this nautical theme. Maybe Dashing Bob would take the helm. The cut of his jib is very alluring.

Make haste to tap of the League boys.

greenlex
17-09-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm lovin this nautical theme. Maybe Dashing Bob would take the helm. The cut of his jib is very alluring.

Make haste to tap of the League boys.
We would be fine if Tango man didnt stick his oar in.:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2011, 07:40 AM
We wont die. Are you going to take over then? FFS! Change the record mate, its getting tedious now.

Antifa Hibs
18-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Chants of Colin GTF at full-time yesterday. Himself and Petrie (if he was at the game) must've heard it.

hibiedude
18-09-2011, 07:45 AM
More than fair, it's their JOB ..... and why they get paid so much to do it. Us fans have NO SAY over who gets appointed to a job, the Board has to take SOLE responsibility for their decisions and cannot hide behind a populist vote of the fans. Hibs' Board has quite simply FAILED the club too often in appointing managers they have subsequently had to sack for under performance. Their failure is their failure. Let's not try dilute it.

100% correct With responsibility comes accountability

Bearders
18-09-2011, 07:59 AM
100% correct With responsibility comes accountability

Board have accountability to STF and will no doubt be reporting another sub 9k attendance next weekend and it is still the first quarter.

1two
18-09-2011, 08:27 AM
The facts are, we are the 4th biggest supported club in Scotland.
Fan base and achievements to a certain extent go hand in hand.
It is not unacceptable as fans of a club our size to expect certain realistic achievements, top six being a definite it one, actually winning games would be nice, cup runs etc.

To describe us at the moment as being mediocre would be a overstatement. Without investigating further I'd guess we have the worst form in SPL, we've witnessed countless passionless performances and still we accept it? Other sides must rub there hands when they see hibs on the fixture list, home or away.
That is unacceptable. It's not just calderwoods team it's been goin on since we won the cup.

The board pick the manager so ultimately they are accountable.

Any fans who accept what they see on the pitch and are too gutless to stand up against the board, deserve what they get.

The board realised the changes we had to make years ago and sorted our finances out, they delivered a newish stadium, a training ground for the future. During these times we accepted limited success on field. They achieved the tasks they were brought in to do and a the time they done done their jobs well and nobody can take that away. Now the club needs a total change in direction and the only way to do it is by bringing in a new board with fresh ideas.

1two
18-09-2011, 08:31 AM

By supporters getting together and demanding the change.
It's our club, not there's!

Hibernian will survive without RP, SL and co.
Hibernian will not survive without us, the fans.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 08:33 AM
It is not unacceptable as fans of a club our size to expect certain realistic achievements, top six being a definite it one, actually winning games would be nice, cup runs etc.

To describe us at the moment as being mediocre would be a overstatement. Without investigating further I'd guess we have the worst form in SPL, we've witnessed countless passionless performances and still we accept it? Other sides must rub there hands when they see hibs on the fixture list, home or away.
That is unacceptable. It's not just calderwoods team it's been goin on since we won the cup.

Any fans who accept what they see on the pitch and are too gutless to stand up against the board, deserve what they get.

The board realised the changes we had to make years ago and sorted our finances out, they delivered a newish stadium, a training ground for the future. During these times we accepted limited success on field. They achieved the tasks they were brought in to do and a the time they done done their jobs well and nobody can take that away. Now the club needs a total change in direction and the only way to do it is by bringing in a new board with fresh ideas.

Spot on - we've been on the slide since 2007, and the Board led by RP cannot address and correct it. Change is required.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 08:38 AM

Spot on - we've been on the slide since 2007, and the Board led by RP cannot address and correct it. Change is required.

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 08:50 AM
FFS! Change the record mate, its getting tedious now.

Tedious it may be. Wrong it is not.

By supporters getting together and demanding the change.
It's our club, not there's!

Hibernian will survive without RP, SL and co.
Hibernian will not survive without us, the fans.

Our club, and everything about it, belongs to someone else. We will probably survive no matter what but do not think for a second that things cant get any worse because they can. Much worse. Bang your drum, and march all you want but no-one has come up with anything remotely resembling a realistic or achievable alternative.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 08:56 AM

Our club, and everything about it, belongs to someone else. We will probably survive no matter what but do not think for a second that things cant get any worse because they can. Much worse. Bang your drum, and march all you want but no-one has come up with anything remotely resembling a realistic or achievable alternative.

Removing RP and a Board appointed by him may be a good start though. Regressing since 2007, if they were all that there would be signs of improvement - we are seeing quite the opposite. The owner - the substantive one - needs to act to stop the rot.

1two
18-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Things can definitely get worse which is why we need to change now.
Wake up, the only thing that can be done to change the whole direction of this club is getting rid of the current 'chiefs'. Why is that not realistic and acievable?

Or I suppose we could just go along with it for the next few years and see what happens....

Hamish
18-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Not getting the hang of the BlackBerry yet are you TQM?:greengrin

James70
18-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Whilst the board must be held to account for our current situation could us fans do any better at choosing a new manager?

Let's face it, Mowbray was not the most popular choice at the time he was appointed yet months later his team was attracting very good crowds to ER because of the entertainment being provided.

JC was a popular choice with the fans yet his signings were dire even though some of his ideas were excellent.

Mixu was seen by most fans as the manager-in-waiting and was warmly welcomed by all but it wasn't long before we realised his style of football, although successful by current standards, was not what we wanted to watch week in, week out.

Yogi was the next popular choice with the majority of fans, myself included, and for a while it seemed that we had found our new Messiah but it didn't take too long for us to discover why Falkirk only escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth.

So we come to CC who let's face it was always going to have a hard job to convince the support that he was the right choice in view of some of the stories about his tactics in the lower English Leagues. Yet the man appeared to have built up a great reputation as a coach and had a decent bit of experience behind him. I like to think Hibs fans will always give a new manager a decent length of time to assemble his own team and CC has certainly been afforded that time. However we are still being given the same old stories about the team having to gel and pick up a bit of confidence. If it was not for GOC we may well be sitting at the bottom of the league with no points yet I have doubts that he was one of CC's own signings.

Hopefully Billy Brown can add something to the chemistry to bring out the best in the players and have us playing as a real team again. I do not think we have bad individual players(with one or two possible exceptions) but we do have a rank rotten team.

I do not mind if CC has a poor personality for giving interviews to the media but I do care about poor performances and lack of organisation on the park. Let's face it, the great ET although from a different generation had very little skills at handling the media but he let his teams do the talking on the park.

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Removing RP and a Board appointed by him may be a good start though. Regressing since 2007, if they were all that there would be signs of improvement - we are seeing quite the opposite. The owner - the substantive one - needs to act to stop the rot.

There's no evidence that he's going to do that so then what?

Jack
18-09-2011, 09:42 AM
IMO both sides of this discussion are correct which is why the whole issue is so frustrating. We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.

Only one man can effect substantial change at our Club and he apparently likes to stay in the background.

If Kwik Fit had gone through a period like this before he sold it, it would never have made him the money it did and he would never have been able to save us.

IMO STF needs to provide some Dragons Den style guidance to get our Club back on track.

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 09:53 AM
IMO both sides of this discussion are correct which is why the whole issue is so frustrating. We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.

Only one man can effect substantial change at our Club and he apparently likes to stay in the background.

If Kwik Fit had gone through a period like this before he sold it, it would never have made him the money it did and he would never have been able to save us.

IMO STF needs to provide some Dragons Den style guidance to get our Club back on track.

Thats just it though Jack in that there are different criteria for measuring success. Business wise we are slightly ahead of our main rivals which would be acceptable in a business environment but this is football and there is no denying we are poor on the park. But our rivals are run less successfully business wise but are more successful football wise because,generally, they are not conforming to normal rules.

Do we want to do the same is the question?

Scouse Hibee
18-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Before we all clamber for the board and the manager to go let's look at the positives from this season

See what I mean!

hibiedude
18-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Board have accountability to STF and will no doubt be reporting another sub 9k attendance next weekend and it is still the first quarter.

accountability to the fans for the state the club finds it's self in- bottom of the league fans staying away in their thousands and an manager thats seeing something thats not there.

When he took of the strikers yesterday it was the strangest decision that happened at the club and we have had a few over the years.

Jack
18-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Thats just it though Jack in that there are different criteria for measuring success. Business wise we are slightly ahead of our main rivals which would be acceptable in a business environment but this is football and there is no denying we are poor on the park. But our rivals are run less successfully business wise but are more successful football wise because,generally, they are not conforming to normal rules. Do we want to do the same is the question? I'm not sure it's that different a criteria for measuring success. Delivering the right product at the right price at the right time.I agree others seem to be cheating on the business side.I appreciate we are in a different time but post war one of the most exciting clubs in Europe to watch turned in profits year on year. They were led by a visionary who inspired those around him, who had a focus. Harry Swan.My point is the man who could, should, in my opinion, provide that inspiration, that vision, that focus gives the bullets to someone whose qualities are in a different zone; steady, dependable, risk averse.

Gatecrasher
18-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Before we all clamber for the board and the manager to go let's look at the positives from this season

See what I mean!

there's some valid points in there TBH :agree:

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure it's that different a criteria for measuring success. Delivering the right product at the right price at the right time.I agree others seem to be cheating on the business side.I appreciate we are in a different time but post war one of the most exciting clubs in Europe to watch turned in profits year on year. They were led by a visionary who inspired those around him, who had a focus. Harry Swan.My point is the man who could, should, in my opinion, provide that inspiration, that vision, that focus gives the bullets to someone whose qualities are in a different zone; steady, dependable, risk averse.

We've tried and failed. Others have as well but keep on trying with the same end result. Unlike other businesses success on the field does not mean success at the bank.

IWasThere2016
18-09-2011, 11:34 AM

More regression as the Board have done nothing to put a halt to it.

You seem content with the messand downward spiral - when will we see sustained improvements in our fortunes? You think it will be under the current stewardship?

The Falcon
18-09-2011, 11:37 AM
More regression as the Board have done nothing to put a halt to it.

You seem content with the messand downward spiral - when will we see sustained improvements in our fortunes? You think it will be under the current stewardship?

I am far from content but with the lack of a viable alternative we continue to work hard and attempt to address the issues in difficult circumstances

Cropley10
18-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Then we'll end up in Div 1.

The BIG question is how other Clubs with less infrastructure and less ST holders etc do that much better than us. I don't mean that flippantly either, this is non trivial. Whatever we are doing - in good faith - isn't working. You might include the Manager's performances in games and in signings (he gets a D- from me). How we've chosen managers and then how we've supported them.

I was thinking that we paid good money to EDH and (f)Hart. Now we're shelling out to Agoslow. We seem to be making the same mistake more than once. And I don't think that's because Rod's tight.

We need a 'root and branch' review. We might need to accept that what we were doing previously didn't work and nor is what we're doing now. Included within that is the mistake we've made in appointing the present incumbent.

Hermit Crab
18-09-2011, 01:49 PM
What crisis?

:tee hee: :fishin:

Brizo
18-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure it's that different a criteria for measuring success. Delivering the right product at the right price at the right time.I agree others seem to be cheating on the business side.I appreciate we are in a different time but post war one of the most exciting clubs in Europe to watch turned in profits year on year. They were led by a visionary who inspired those around him, who had a focus. Harry Swan.My point is the man who could, should, in my opinion, provide that inspiration, that vision, that focus gives the bullets to someone whose qualities are in a different zone; steady, dependable, risk averse.

:agree:

STF is the key. The Board including RP could all be emptied but STF will continue to have the ultimate say in what any new Board have to spend. It could be argued that RP and co provide a very convenient scapegoat for STF as they attract the flak that at other clubs is directed straight at the owner.

STF has always been very visible when new infrastucture such as stands and the training centre are being unveiled but isnt so keen on publicity when things arent going to plan on the pitch. Id like to see him step out from behind the Board and share his thoughts on the future of our club with that community which he saved the club for. Of course he cant be held responsible for under performing managers or under performing players but I would like to know his ambitions for the footballing side of things now the infrastructures completed. Possibly he does this at AGMs but for someone who doesnt get to attend them I feel theres so much apathy about the Hibs community that nows the time for him to come out and address the support.

smurf
18-09-2011, 02:27 PM

I think you are somewhat missing the point...

The huge disenchantment within the support is NOT because we are not being successful.

It's because we are underachieving hugely.

And that is a huge difference.

The Green Goblin
18-09-2011, 02:32 PM
:agree:

STF is the key. The Board including RP could all be emptied but STF will continue to have the ultimate say in what any new Board have to spend. It could be argued that RP and co provide a very convenient scapegoat for STF as they attract the flak that at other clubs is directed straight at the owner.

STF has always been very visible when new infrastucture such as stands and the training centre are being unveiled but isnt so keen on publicity when things arent going to plan on the pitch. Id like to see him step out from behind the Board and share his thoughts on the future of our club with that community which he saved the club for. Of course he cant be held responsible for under performing managers or under performing players but I would like to know his ambitions for the footballing side of things now the infrastructures completed. Possibly he does this at AGMs but for someone who doesnt get to attend them I feel theres so much apathy about the Hibs community that nows the time for him to come out and address the support.

Yes, the training centre. I still wonder about that, about how it is that things have just gotten worse ever since we built it. Is there any evidence that it has helped us?

Genuine question.

GG