PDA

View Full Version : The Killing (original Danish version)

hibsbollah
05-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Anyone watching this? Currently showing the reruns on BBC4.. on episode 11 of the 20 episode first series, 10pm every evening. Definitely up there with the best HBO can offer, brilliant brilliant TV. The Killing 2 is starting immediately afterwards apparently, cant wait.

Eire hibs
05-09-2011, 10:42 AM
About to start on this as been highly recommended. Just finished Breaking Bad which I would put up there with the best of them as well.

stoneyburn hibs
05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
currently watching the american version on c4, didnt know about the original being on, when the 2nd series starts on the bbc i should be able to just sync into it right?

hibsbollah
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
currently watching the american version on c4, didnt know about the original being on, when the 2nd series starts on the bbc i should be able to just sync into it right?

Ive never seen the US one but ive heard its not nearly as good but the characters/storyline are similar. The Killing 2 is supposedly a brand new murder so yeah, you should be able to sync in.

Heres the trailer for it, not for kids.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00g6xvh

stevensons-fan
05-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm currently watching the Killing on c4 aswell, once I get through the series I will probably watch the Danish version after as I've heard it's meant to be brilliant! Thoroughly enjoying the US version just now though. :thumbsup:

offshorehibby
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
The old man watched the original showing of the killing so started watching on his recommendation, excellent. I have the Ch4 one on the hard drive but not watched it yet.

Tyler Durden
06-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Ive never seen the US one but ive heard its not nearly as good but the characters/storyline are similar. The Killing 2 is supposedly a brand new murder so yeah, you should be able to sync in. Heres the trailer for it, not for kids.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00g6xvh

I'm not sure that's the case. I've not actually seen either version but read a few pieces on the US version which was critically panned.

*****SPOILER ALERT - DON'T READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT US VERSION SLIGHTLY SPOILED********** The US version doesn't actually solve the murder by the end of Season 1. The Danish version does. So I'd guess there are a variety of other divergences from the original version.

Tyler Durden
06-09-2011, 07:19 PM
About to start on this as been highly recommended. Just finished Breaking Bad which I would put up there with the best of them as well.

How do you mean finished? I've just this evening watched Season 4, episode 8. This season has been marginally weaker for me so far, but still amazing overall and better than almost anything else out there.

I think there is another Breaking Bad thread on this board somewhere actually.

hibsbollah
08-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure that's the case

Are you sure? If you watch the trailer for The Killing 2 (Dansk) its pretty clear theres a new victim...:confused:

Tyler Durden
08-09-2011, 12:07 PM
The previous poster had mentioned watching the US version and that having finished that, they should be able to sync into season 2 of the Danish show. I was pointing out that this wouldn't work as the plot of the US version doesn't mirror the original.

So to understand season 2 of the Danish show, you'd have to have seen season 1.

GlesgaeHibby
09-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm watching the Danish version of 'The Killing' now after watching the American one. I enjoyed the American version until the last few episodes which culminated in a dismal ending(I'll say no more for those still watching it). Getting into the Danish version now and really enjoying it.

hibsbollah
15-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow.
Best TV series ever. In my opinion.

stevensons-fan
16-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow.
Best TV series ever. In my opinion.

:top marks Absolutely loved it! Can't wait for the second series now, any idea when it will be out?

hibsbollah
16-09-2011, 03:55 PM
:top marks Absolutely loved it! Can't wait for the second series now, any idea when it will be out?

'autumn', whatever that means. Could be between next week or early November. As you say, cannot wait :-)

A Danish friend told me today theyre filming a 3rd series now.

offshorehibby
27-09-2011, 02:08 PM
I do not belive it, sat down to watch the last episode of the Danish one today only to discover the bloody thing had only recorded about 7 mins in.
Fingers crossed the old man has the last episode still. either that or i'll have to buy the DVD just to catch the last.:boo hoo:

hibsbollah
10-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Series 2 starts next Saturday 19th 9pm on BBC4. Can't wait.

AllyF
13-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Am I the only one that thought it dragged on for far too long? I got bored towards the end.

GlesgaeHibby
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Series 2 well underway. I am enjoying it, a lot faster paced than the last series. Lund is pretty annoying at times though. Having been partly responsible for her colleagues death in series 1 by rushing into situations she continues to make stupid mistakes- leaving Thomsen alone in the car, and then excavating a body on a hunch.

Overall though, the storyline is very intriguing and well acted again as is to be expected with the Killing.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Series 2 well underway. I am enjoying it, a lot faster paced than the last series. Lund is pretty annoying at times though. Having been partly responsible for her colleagues death in series 1 by rushing into situations she continues to make stupid mistakes- leaving Thomsen alone in the car, and then excavating a body on a hunch.

Overall though, the storyline is very intriguing and well acted again as is to be expected with the Killing.

Apparently in series 2 there are only 10 episodes so double the pace ;)

Didn't get into series 1 my wife went nuts for it.
Im Pretty jnto series 2 tho!

hibsbollah
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
im enjoying it just as much as the first one. Its a lot different, the first one was as much about the victims families as the police. This one is by necessity much more political and less personal. Lund is gradually spiralling out of control.

GlesgaeHibby
15-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Episodes at the weekend just passed were outstanding. Can't wait for the final two now?

Who do people think the Killer is? Strange could be, but it could be another red herring. I'm still feeling pretty suspicious about Krabbe, and have a feeling it may turn out to be him as the prime minister and his cronies are up to their necks in muck. Could easily also turn out to be Sogaard or Bilal.

hibsbollah
16-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Episodes at the weekend just passed were outstanding. Can't wait for the final two now?

Who do people think the Killer is? Strange could be, but it could be another red herring. I'm still feeling pretty suspicious about Krabbe, and have a feeling it may turn out to be him as the prime minister and his cronies are up to their necks in muck. Could easily also turn out to be Sogaard or Bilal.

:top marksCouldnt agree more, the two episodes at the weekend were the best yet, of either series IMO. Just cranked up the tension a notch. I dont even want to speculate on the killer as im totally clueless. Or rather, theres so many clues im just swamped with them. Soberg is a bit obvious, Rossing has to be a suspect, but I have a feeling it might be Louise Raben. I'm not watching it until Sunday so will need to stay away from this thread until then!

GlesgaeHibby
18-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Just watched the last two episodes. What an ending. Absolutely stunning, even better than the way they revealed the killer in season 1. The twists and turns and revelations in the last two episodes made this utterly compelling and probably the best TV series I've ever watched.

hibsbollah
18-12-2011, 10:01 PM
It was just wonderful, what an ending.

Unfortunately a series like that just couldnt be made in Britain. Can you imagine all the fuss that would be made about the fictional smears against the military, the government, the police? Not to mention neither the BBC or ITV would commission anything so groundbreaking, so imaginative, or so expensive anymore. Nevermind, i'm sure theres another series of strictly come dancing and i'm a celebrity in the pipeline:rolleyes:

Roll on Series 3:not worth

degenerated
30-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Just started watching series 2 yesterday and loving it. Watched the first series over about 3 days after getting it for Christmas and thought it was excellent.

That said, it still doesn't top the wire in terms of the best tv programme ever.