PDA

View Full Version : I saw enough today....

SaudiHibby
28-08-2011, 05:30 PM
To suggest that this team will come good. We will not be relegated :rolleyes:

Give them time to build rapport.:flag:

SaulGoodman
28-08-2011, 05:33 PM
How many times have I heard 'Give them time'? I've been hearing the same thing for about 3 seasons now. I'm usually a happy-clapper but I'm struggling to be positive right now.

RickyS
28-08-2011, 05:42 PM
loady pesh! its easy to say every manager needs 2 yrs to shape a team. as a manager you still need to have signs of progression along the way. things you can point to, which shows the club is moving in the right direction. then you can demand 2 years. If CC lost his job tonight he could not blame anyone or anything else.

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Far to one dimensional today, lump it forward and forget about the midfield. I think we have decent players but they way we are playing them is shocking. I dont think we will come good until the tactics change and we try and use the midfield better.

Lucius Apuleius
28-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Agree with SH. I still don't think we will be bottom at the end of next month.

wearethehibs
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM
It just seems to be what Hibs fans do now. As soon as its going wrong its "sack the manager" see if we actually did give them time I.e. Mixu and yogi we might be further ahead now than we are.

Hibs Class
28-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Agree with SH. I still don't think we will be bottom at the end of next month. I also agree. Worst thing we could do now would be to ditch the manager

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I also agree. Worst thing we could do now would be to ditch the manager

Agreed.

hibee_girl
28-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I also agree. Worst thing we could do now would be to ditch the manager

:agree:

Tricla
28-08-2011, 05:54 PM
How many times have I heard 'Give them time'? I've been hearing the same thing for about 3 seasons now. I'm usually a happy-clapper but I'm struggling to be positive right now.

Meh! :greengrin

AlbertK86
28-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Far to one dimensional today, lump it forward and forget about the midfield. I think we have decent players but they way we are playing them is shocking. I dont think we will come good until the tactics change and we try and use the midfield better.

Spot on mate !

Mind you i thought that towards the end the only player that looked like a proper footballer was Ozzy. When he gets fit he looks like he may be the man to take a grip of the game and looks more than capable of dictating the play ..... if we don't just lump it. get the ball on the deck and he will be a big asset.

Captain Trips
28-08-2011, 05:58 PM

There in lies the problem, we should not be discussing relegation ever at ER and escaping it as a goal, this football side of this club is a joke, I do not think we have the minerals to even think of 4th and that for me is a failure at the highest levels at ER. Our SPL record should be and must be better it is shocking. Time will not fix this different people in at the club will, all giving time is doing is having folk waste more money on terrible displays, Hibs have had plenty of time.

Lofarl
28-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Agreed.

I want to know what on Earth you lot are smoking. CC has had more time than Yogi. That Yogi who got us into Europe, mind of him? We are bottom of the league.

johnrebus
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Agreed.

Spot on.

Let's wait until we are in the First Division.....,

matty_f
28-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I saw very little in that performance, tbh. Towell made a difference, but the defence was still woeful. Murray is a sub at best, thornhill isn't up to speed with the spl yet, or he isn't up to it.

What were the positives again? Yet again we come away from a derby with hee haw.

DaveF
28-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I saw very little in that performance, tbh. Towell made a difference, but the defence was still woeful. Murray is a sub at best, thornhill isn't up to speed with the spl yet, or he isn't up to it.

What were the positives again? Yet again we come away from a derby with hee haw.

I'd suggest a free transfer to Albion Rovers where he can rip the pish out of East Fife - which is clearly where his level is at.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Very disappointed in Thornhill, yet again today.

I've seen very little from him that suggests he'll be the player that many on here had him down to be a few months ago.

Practically anonymous today.

lapsedhibee
28-08-2011, 06:46 PM

In a staggeringly inept performance all-round, the worst moment for me was in the second half when Towell had the ball about 6 yards from his own goal in the left-CB position and instead of lumping it into touch with his left foot (presumably because he can't kick with his left foot), he passed it out with his right foot for a corner. Reminded me of Smithy at Motherwell chesting the ball out for a corner.

Second worst thing was all the 'committed' hibbies we have in the team disgracing themselves with foul, foul challenges. Sproule, Murray, Griffiths and O'Connor were simply embarrassing in their 'tackling' (though Stevenson might have been off before any of them for trying to break Murray's leg). Only Sodje was unlucky to be booked - the rest of the bookings were just utterly stupid. :boo hoo:

Albion Hibs
28-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Totally agree mate. This will come good, a stupid mistake cost us. Teams will always make mistakes, but our are just too basic at the moment. I dont think we deserved to be down at half time today and before we gave away the goal I thought we looked equal to, if not better, and like we could have taken something from the game. The mistake changes that again same as with St Mirren.

CC is putting out a team good enough to win this game and the last, the players need to step up.

Hibeesb0unc3
28-08-2011, 07:08 PM
If we give the team anymore time with the way we are playing we will be in the first division. We might have the players to keep us up but with the tactics and style of play on show the only way is down, not up unfortunately.

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I think most people probably saw enough today :rolleyes:

ecky1875
28-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Agreed its murder watching hibs just now but time has to be given, almost a whole new team, gi calderwood till jan when i do beleive things will be looking alot better :tin hat:

carnoustiehibee
28-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Totally agree mate. This will come good, a stupid mistake cost us. Teams will always make mistakes, but our are just too basic at the moment. I dont think we deserved to be down at half time today and before we gave away the goal I thought we looked equal to, if not better, and like we could have taken something from the game. The mistake changes that again same as with St Mirren.

CC is putting out a team good enough to win this game and the last, the players need to step up.

We were murder against st mirren, murder against Celtic and I.c.t and murder today. When is it gona come good? We can't keep the ball for 5 passes, everything's a punt. Nobody talks. It's like they've never Played together before.

I've given up on CC, he was a defender but keeps playing hanlon.

BSEJVT
28-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Agree with SH. I still don't think we will be bottom at the end of next month.

I dont know if we will or we wont, but what if we are?

CC rightly has some supporters, I am genuinely interested in what the tipping point for them will be?

offshorehibby
28-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I am no happy clapper but i too think CC and Hibs will come good. CC stated himself the early part of the season might not be very good. Tuesday second half gave me hope that it will come good.

madbadlad
28-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Like Deek, Gary will be the saving grace this season so we may stay up. Having only beaten an ICT team which probably should have had at least 1 pen, things don't look good. Desperate need for some creativity.

allezsauzee
28-08-2011, 08:24 PM
As sickening as it is to be beaten by 'them'. I don't think they are that far ahead of us. We really need to improve our defending , but we have a young group of defenders and they need time to settle. I'm sure they will benefit from playing alongside O'Hanlon but they've not had much game time with him yet. The Hibs need our help at the moment, so lets actually be supporters and get behind them

tamig
28-08-2011, 08:57 PM
As sickening as it is to be beaten by 'them'. I don't think they are that far ahead of us. We really need to improve our defending , but we have a young group of defenders and they need time to settle. I'm sure they will benefit from playing alongside O'Hanlon but they've not had much game time with him yet. The Hibs need our help at the moment, so lets actually be supporters and get behind them

Sadly the bit in bold is something a lot on here fail to display very often. Never happy unless they're on someone's back.

Albion Hibs
28-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Sadly the bit in bold is something a lot on here fail to display very often. Never happy unless they're on someone's back.

That is unfortunatly the case. I thought the support was good today, plenty still left at the end giving the team a clap as they went off.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I am no fan of CC's and wish to god he had left in the summer. That said, we are now stuck with him and given the fact he has signed practically a whole new team, he has to be given till Jan to turn this around. We cannot keep sacking managers...look where it has got us thus far??? Had Mixu for example been given longer we might not be in this mess???

I also think that till the mistake that lead to the Yams first goal we were marginally the better side but you could just see the heads drop after that. Until then, things were looking optimistic.

I really hope we sign a LB and CH before Weds as Hanlon/Booth are not the answers that's for sure. Hanlon was murder again today as was Booth who either needs a rest or moved to LM as he was exposed time and again today.

Sproule offered absolutely nothing and was a massive disappointment, as was Thornhill. Also not sure why CC started with a clearly unfir Ozzy and Agogo when there were fitter and in my opinion better options sat on the bench.

But we needs to stop this trigger-happy sack the boss mantra every 12 months as it's got us to the bottom of the SPL....and let's just hope CC can turn this around...

Steve20
28-08-2011, 10:48 PM
We were easily beat by an average Hearts team. Nothing to suggest that pish will come good. Disgrace again.

HibsMax
28-08-2011, 10:54 PM

My feelings exactly.

Spike Mandela
28-08-2011, 11:47 PM
4 defeats out of 5, bottom of the league deservedly and nothing on show today to suggest it is going to be better any time soon.

When are we gonna stop deluding ourselves and accept we are a very very poor team.:confused:

matty_f
29-08-2011, 12:25 AM
4 defeats out of 5, bottom of the league deservedly and nothing on show today to suggest it is going to be better any time soon.

When are we gonna stop deluding ourselves and accept we are a very very poor team.:confused:

I know what you're saying Spike, but it's worth remembering that we had Sodje and Agogo out injured at the start of the season so started with 4-5-1, lost O'Hanlon in the first game through injury, brought in Griffiths, Airey, Towell, and Osbourne since the first day of the season.

We've not really seen this team yet, IMHO. Today was potentially CC's first chance to get most of what he'd consider to be his first 11 on the pitch, and even then I don't think we've seen it yet.

I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but that's a reality that should be taken into consideration. We need to see where we are after the first round of matches, but that doesn't hide the fact that we've made a woeful start to the season.

Lucius Apuleius
29-08-2011, 05:19 AM
I dont know if we will or we wont, but what if we are?

CC rightly has some supporters, I am genuinely interested in what the tipping point for them will be?

If we are, we deal with it mate. Never been a great one for "what if" scenarios. Many reasons for that but beside the point.

No one is trying to deny we have had a crap start. Absolutely woeful to be honest. However I reckon we can come decent. We have good players there. Maybe not as good as the Tornadoes etc (well, definitely not as good) but decent in terms of the SPL nowadays. What I cannot understand is how a player balls ups a pass to a team mate 5 yards away. No excuse for that at all. Confidence, we will rise!!!!

SaudiHibby
29-08-2011, 05:30 AM
On another day Gary O's shot goes in and Thornhill's shot gives us a famous win at Tynecastle and we are all saying what a talent Thornhill is. Look at the back bone of this team and tell me that they wont come good - Stack, O'Hanlon, Ozbourne, Griffiths and Gary. Add into that mix some good youngsters learning their trade in Booth, Hanlon, Towell, Palson and Galbraith and its easy to see why there are reasons to be cheerful. Keep CC for a few years and I see a bright future. There is no-one on here who hates losing to them more than me but 'they' cannot get any better as they are stretched financially and will have to sell eventually and, to be fair, they were as woeful as us yesterday.

GGTTH:flag:

southern hibby
29-08-2011, 05:57 AM
I am no fan of CC's and wish to god he had left in the summer. That said, we are now stuck with him and given the fact he has signed practically a whole new team, he has to be given till Jan to turn this around. We cannot keep sacking managers...look where it has got us thus far??? Had Mixu for example been given longer we might not be in this mess???

I also think that till the mistake that lead to the Yams first goal we were marginally the better side but you could just see the heads drop after that. Until then, things were looking optimistic.

I really hope we sign a LB and CH before Weds as Hanlon/Booth are not the answers that's for sure. Hanlon was murder again today as was Booth who either needs a rest or moved to LM as he was exposed time and again today.

Sproule offered absolutely nothing and was a massive disappointment, as was Thornhill. Also not sure why CC started with a clearly unfir Ozzy and Agogo when there were fitter and in my opinion better options sat on the bench.

But we needs to stop this trigger-happy sack the boss mantra every 12 months as it's got us to the bottom of the SPL....and let's just hope CC can turn this around...

I would argue this has not got us to the bottom of the SPL..... Manager, team, tactics oh yes and a little thing called RESULTS..

GGTTH.

truehibernian
29-08-2011, 05:57 AM
On another day Gary O's shot goes in and Thornhill's shot gives us a famous win at Tynecastle and we are all saying what a talent Thornhill is. Look at the back bone of this team and tell me that they wont come good - Stack, O'Hanlon, Ozbourne, Griffiths and Gary. Add into that mix some good youngsters learning their trade in Booth, Hanlon, Towell, Palson and Galbraith and its easy to see why there are reasons to be cheerful. Keep CC for a few years and I see a bright future. There is no-one on here who hates losing to them more than me but 'they' cannot get any better as they are stretched financially and will have to sell eventually and, to be fair, they were as woeful as us yesterday.

GGTTH:flag:

Love the optimism saudi, and I was a happy clapper, but after yet another baffling selection I have lost patience with Calderwood I'm afraid. He exudes mediocrity, he lacks passion, he may be calm and composed, but yesterday was a 'sleeves up' let's get stuck in day. He looked like a waxwork on the touchline.

And after his chance, you needed GPS to locate Matt Thornhill after that. Another one of those 'unseen work' performances we are now sadly far to used to seeing at Tynecastle.

Dull football managed by a dull manager, appointed by an equally dull chairman..........Hibs are just that.............dull !

BSEJVT
29-08-2011, 06:43 AM
If we are, we deal with it mate. Never been a great one for "what if" scenarios. Many reasons for that but beside the point.

No one is trying to deny we have had a crap start. Absolutely woeful to be honest. However I reckon we can come decent. We have good players there. Maybe not as good as the Tornadoes etc (well, definitely not as good) but decent in terms of the SPL nowadays. What I cannot understand is how a player balls ups a pass to a team mate 5 yards away. No excuse for that at all. Confidence, we will rise!!!!

Fair enough

Thanks for the reply

For me in any situation there's a point that you cannot go beyond and have to make a stand.

I dont rate CC at all and havent from fairly early doors, but also accept that we cannot presently sack him as we cant continue down the route of changing managers every year.

The tipping point for me will be the first of the following:

A) we get through 2 sets of fixtures with no sign of significant improvement

b) we become detached at the bottom of the league (6 points is detached in my book)

Where is that point for those who continue to support CC is my question?

marinello59
29-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Calderwood has had nearly a year and we are no better than we were under Hughes. The annoying thing is I think he has brought decent players in. I hope he comes good but I really haven't seen any evidence to suggest he will.

EasterRoad4Ever
29-08-2011, 07:08 AM
It just seems to be what Hibs fans do now. As soon as its going wrong its "sack the manager" see if we actually did give them time I.e. Mixu and yogi we might be further ahead now than we are.

The only one in any position to sack and hire Hibs managers is the Board and Petrie in particular. The agenda is not to get CC out, it is now to get to the root of the problem at ER - and that is without question Petrie. His record of hiring, firing and supporting managers must be the worst in Scottish Football. He has wasted MILLIONS doing a job he is clearly no good at, yet still sits in his ivory tower surrounded by his 10% and STF protective cover. We will never progress as long as Petrie is in charge.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2011, 12:09 PM
The only one in any position to sack and hire Hibs managers is the Board and Petrie in particular. The agenda is not to get CC out, it is now to get to the root of the problem at ER - and that is without question Petrie. His record of hiring, firing and supporting managers must be the worst in Scottish Football. He has wasted MILLIONS doing a job he is clearly no good at, yet still sits in his ivory tower surrounded by his 10% and STF protective cover. We will never progress as long as Petrie is in charge.

Couldn't agree more with this statement, it really is about time we the fans came together and did something to get the man out of ER!!! He is the common denominator throughout the last few years of one dud manager after another. He needs to go and NOW!!!

proud_and_green
29-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I am a happy clapper, but that happiness is wearing very very thin. I am also very much of the school of thought that we have had too many managers so we must stick with the current one. However my patience is wearing thin. One of the things for me yesterday was the lack of urgency about any of our players.

Throw ins are a classic of this - how is it that we have never been able to take a decent throw in, we could be pressing the opposition in the last third the ball goes out we then very politely allow the oppos time to get back get into shape and then give them the ball direct form the throw. Why can we not recycle quickly and keep the momentum and pressure on the other team?

This is the same in our passing, one forward attempt then back to the keeper if it hasn't been given away.

The issue for me is the lack of movement off the ball which in turn says everything about our players - can't think quickly with the pace of the game and LAZY.

I thought the changes were a bit strange yesterday - maybe that was the beer - we were doing better in the second half until the subs were made. I thought he would have left it more or less the same but taken Thornhill off and replaced him with Scott to give a bit more dig in the midfield.

Anyhoo , all ancient hsitory now apart from where it leaves us in the league.

IWasThere2016
29-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Fair enough

Thanks for the reply

For me in any situation there's a point that you cannot go beyond and have to make a stand.

I dont rate CC at all and havent from fairly early doors, but also accept that we cannot presently sack him as we cant continue down the route of changing managers every year.

The tipping point for me will be the first of the following:

A) we get through 2 sets of fixtures with no sign of significant improvement

b) we become detached at the bottom of the league (6 points is detached in my book)

Where is that point for those who continue to support CC is my question?

I support CC and will continue to do so. I like your a) and b) above and think along the same lines - I am not as generous however it is Christmas and 5/6 points for me.

Ferryhibby
29-08-2011, 07:11 PM

:top marks why do people keep bringing up last seasons results that was with a different side, theyve all been emptied, a new team being built here probably does need time to get it together,as ive said before were supposed to be supporters, the team needs supported not bloody bawled at every time they make a wrong pass