PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Looking a decent side, already miles in front of us and on a chip shop budget.

Why does such an impoverished club seem to be able to put out an organised, well-balanced, entertaining, competitive, winning side, something which, with the exception of Hughes for over four or five months, the last four Hibernian managers have failed to do?

RickyS
27-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Why does such an impoverished club seem to be able to put out an organised, well-balanced, entertaining, competitive, winning side, something which, with the exception of Hughes for over four or five months, the last four Hibernian managers have failed to do?

McCall has done well there, with less time and less money. credit where its due

Cropley10
27-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Bu they have a terrible stadium, (was a) shocking pitch, hardly any fans, don't have their own Training Facility, not a lot of history.

Hibercelona
27-08-2011, 04:14 PM

We used to have a team just like that, before we started increasing the wage bar.

col02
27-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Looking at the Motherwell team they are very similiar to what Hibs were about 6 seasons ago or so. A decent amount of young players who have been together for a season or two along with a few experienced players in key area's. I think they will be the team to beat for third place for any side with such aspirations.

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Looking at the Motherwell team they are very similiar to what Hibs were about 6 seasons ago or so. A decent amount of young players who have been together for a season or two along with a few experienced players in key area's. I think they will be the team to beat for third place for any side with such aspirations.

That seems to exclude us, then.

Again.

col02
27-08-2011, 04:27 PM
[/B]

That seems to exclude us, then.

Again.

I honestly believe we will go on a decent run once the side begins to gel. Whether that is only enough to make top six or beyond I guess we will have to wait and see.

iwasthere1972
27-08-2011, 04:28 PM

If you want to get out of Motherwell then you're going to have to play well and hope for a move to a nice wee town or city.

Whereas our players already have all that so don't have to bother.

It's really simple.

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2011, 04:37 PM
If you want to get out of Motherwell then you're going to have to play well and hope for a move to a nice wee town or city.

Whereas our players already have all that so don't have to bother.

It's really simple.

You could be right.

But they don't seem to the turnover of decent players we do. As soon as somebody strings a couple of decent passes together at ER, they are being touted for the OF or down south.

Fed up with us playing second fiddle to crap clubs from *hit towns. If that makes me sound like someone who has ingested too much uncut produce of Colombia, so be it.

If I was chairman I'd tell any manager 'nothing less than 10 points against M'well is acceptable.'

Sas_The_Hibby
27-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Bu they have a terrible stadium, (was a) shocking pitch, hardly any fans, don't have their own Training Facility, not a lot of history.

:confused::confused:

The other points are true, begging the question why are they doing so much better on the pitch than us?

givescotlandfreedom
27-08-2011, 04:51 PM
You could be right.

But they don't seem to the turnover of decent players we do. As soon as somebody strings a couple of decent passes together at ER, they are being touted for the OF or down south.

Fed up with us playing second fiddle to crap clubs from *hit towns. If that makes me sound like someone who has ingested too much uncut produce of Colombia, so be it.

If I was chairman I'd tell any manager 'nothing less than 10 points against M'well is acceptable.'

Bob, I usuallly rely on you to cheer me up :boo hoo:

Newcastlehibby
27-08-2011, 05:28 PM

John Collins?

Niffy
27-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Only 4 points ahead of us if we win both games in hand.

Niffy
27-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Beat them next time... 1 point !

Simples !

coco22
27-08-2011, 06:34 PM
motherwell seem to be the team who are going to have a wee run and build a bit of momentum / raise a few hopes, before (probably) fading in their challenge as the season stretches out.

between ourselves, yams, united, dons, and also mwell - there's always been one....and then due to youth or success the decent squad loses a few essential faces before rebuilding. familiar strory?

i hope they are successful so that we get the chance to see mccall pished, falling off of cars again!

SkintHibby
27-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I blame East Mains.:agree:

Albion Hibs
27-08-2011, 07:30 PM

Exactly. As far as I am aware they have not played the old firm yet, and will have had 1 or 2 more home games than us?

They have started well fair play to them, but lets be honest that is all it is, a start, still plenty more to come, lets see if they are still in this position in a few games time / after the january transfer window.

DH1875
27-08-2011, 09:26 PM
McCall has done well there, with less time and less money. credit where its due

Would like to take this opportunity to point out that McCall was my choice as manager before CC got the job. Funny thing is, when I said this at the time I got slaughtered for it :paranoid:

Septimus
28-08-2011, 06:08 AM

These days I count games in hand as zero points.

marinello59
28-08-2011, 06:11 AM
These days I count games in hand as zero points.

Me too. Sadly.

hibiedude
28-08-2011, 06:40 AM

The old firm will come calling soon and take their best players then watch as they slide down the league beside us.

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 06:49 AM
:confused::confused:

The other points are true, begging the question why are they doing so much better on the pitch than us?

At the moment they are.

Do we all wish we were Motherwell now? Last season it was Kilmarnock.

marinello59
28-08-2011, 07:02 AM
At the moment they are.

Do we all wish we were Motherwell now? Last season it was Kilmarnock.

Not me. I just wish it was our team getting the plaudits for playing decent football.

Bristolhibby
28-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Exactly. As far as I am aware they have not played the old firm yet, and will have had 1 or 2 more home games than us?

They have started well fair play to them, but lets be honest that is all it is, a start, still plenty more to come, lets see if they are still in this position in a few games time / after the january transfer window.

Did they not play and lose 0-2 to the Huns?

J

Niffy
28-08-2011, 07:45 AM
0-3, the usual McCall lie down to his pals.