PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter

dp00
26-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Anyone got any ideas why there was a chopper flying low around Musselburgh/Tranent way on Thursday ??

May be mistaken but thought it was the strathclyde police chopper :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calvin
26-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Anyone got any ideas why there was a chopper flying low around Musselburgh/Tranent way on Thursday ??

May be mistaken but thought it was the strathclyde police chopper :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw that too but it was at the end of a seven hour drive so I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating. Never got a decent look at it though.

IndieHibby
27-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Don't know if it's the same one, but I was coming back from Leith at about 3.30pm and saw a blue chopper hovering at about 100ft at the end of the Dalkieth bypass. It had it's sidedoor open and someone was looking out. Looked like they were searching for someone/thing in the fields south of the Edinburgh bypass.

speedy_gonzales
27-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Don't know if it's the same one, but I was coming back from Leith at about 3.30pm and saw a blue chopper hovering at about 100ft at the end of the Dalkieth bypass. It had it's sidedoor open and someone was looking out. Looked like they were searching for someone/thing in the fields south of the Edinburgh bypass.

I seen it hovering above a field south of the city bypass on Wednesday, I thought it was inspecting the electricity pylons there. I know some power companies use IR cameras to detect excessive heat, therefore failing insulators?

Torres
27-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I seen it hovering above a field south of the city bypass on Wednesday, I thought it was inspecting the electricity pylons there. I know some power companies use IR cameras to detect excessive heat, therefore failing insulators? May well be this. There have been power cuts on the West of Edinburgh since yesterday and there was a blue helicopter flying around for a while this afternoon.

greenlex
27-08-2011, 07:45 PM
It is definately checking pylons. Its been doing it for about a fortnight that I know of in and around the central belt.:agree: Seen it at different locations and always hovering near pylons before heading to the next one and doing the same.