PDA

View Full Version : QPR Reducing Price of Matchday Tickets and Making Refunds to Season Ticket Holders

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Rod take note.

Frazerbob
24-08-2011, 12:41 PM
By how much?

The previous owners put ticket up from around £25 last season to £60 this season. The new owners said they'd look at the prices as soon as they took over. Interested to see how much they have reduce the prices by.

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 12:55 PM
By how much?

The previous owners put ticket up from around £25 last season to £60 this season. The new owners said they'd look at the prices as soon as they took over. Interested to see how much they have reduce the prices by.

They haven't yet said by how much.

The thread is a bit tongue in cheek as I realise that we don't have the tv revenue etc that QPR have and whatever reductions they do make probably won't affect them that much. IIRC they did hike the prices up by a large margin at the beginning of the season and the fans have clearly shown that they are not happy with the prices.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2011, 12:56 PM
QPR reduce cost of ticket prices but fans still face paying £70 to watch the big six :bitchy:

frazeHFC
24-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Well done on the new owners. The prices were ridiculous, especially for a team like QPR.

No disrespect to them but they are not a massive club that will win most games.

Gatecrasher
24-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Rod take note.
Maybe if Enough folk actually turned up to our games hibs might be able to make such a gesture?

frazeHFC
24-08-2011, 12:59 PM
QPR reduce cost of ticket prices but fans still face paying £70 to watch the big six :bitchy: That is shocking, it really is. I pay less then half of that when i go to Anfield.

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 01:02 PM
QPR reduce cost of ticket prices but fans still face paying £70 to watch the big six :bitchy:

I've just been looking on their website at their ticket prices and they are truly shocking. You're right £70 to watch the big six is still hefty and is a large percentage of most fans weekly wage.

Plus they haven't even got a decent stadium.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2011, 01:03 PM
That is shocking, it really is. I pay less then half of that when i go to Anfield.

so you should maybe take back that 'well done' to the new owners on your previous post :greengrin assuming they will be expecting sell-outs for the 'top six' teams, the huge increases will level out any losses accrued for lower crowds at the other games ?

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 01:06 PM
so you should maybe take back that 'well done' to the new owners on your previous post :greengrin assuming they will be expecting sell-outs for the 'top six' teams, the huge increases will level out any losses accrued for lower crowds at the other games ?

Their capacity is only 18,360. Can't see any of their games not being sell outs.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I've just been looking on their website at their ticket prices and they are truly shocking. You're right £70 to watch the big six is still hefty and is a large percentage of most fans weekly wage.

Plus they haven't even got a decent stadium.

reading this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2029583/QPR-cut-ticket-prices-fans-face-paying-70-watch-big-six.html?ito=feeds-newsxml it doesnt appear that bad, but £70 for those big games is utterly ridiculous:agree:

all they will do is alienate less well-off fans for the big games, only the rich will be able to afford they silly prices

LancashireHibby
24-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Their capacity is only 18,360. Can't see any of their games not being sell outs.

Operational capacity is actually smaller than that as the first half dozen rows seemed to be blocked off when they played Bolton the opening day, apparently to stop away fans (in the top tier) throwing stuff down on to the home fans below. £50 for away fans that day by the way (£40 for pensioners!)

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Operational capacity is actually smaller than that as the first half dozen rows seemed to be blocked off when they played Bolton the opening day, apparently to stop away fans (in the top tier) throwing stuff down on to the home fans below. £50 for away fans that day by the way (£40 for pensioners!)

The fact that their ground is one of the smallest (capacity wise) in the Premier League dictated their prices in the first place. Supply and demand.

How do their prices compare with Bolton or even dare I say Blackburn? Steep I would imagine even after the discounts.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Maybe if Enough folk actually turned up to our games hibs might be able to make such a gesture?

What would you do to get more punters through the door at easter road?

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 03:41 PM

No staffing and turnstiles removed. It's the way forward.

greenlex
24-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Get rid of the greetin faced fans and make the experience more pleasant. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
24-08-2011, 04:16 PM

We need to get a decent run of results for a start, Hibs cant afford gestures like this as there isn't enough money.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Get rid of the greetin faced fans and make the experience more pleasant. :greengrin

The place would be empty, apart from one lunatic waving an imaginary card at the empty stands.

Hibernian Verse
24-08-2011, 04:51 PM

:agree: and maybe if we had the TV deal that they have we could do the same. People have to start to understand that we can't compete financially.

basehibby
24-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Less ridiculous prices for half time fair might encourage folk to come back more often - families in particular. Every time I go to get a bit of HT scran I feel like I've just been mugged - this is not a good feeling to give your customers if you want them to come back.

Generally though a winning team is the obvious solution.

LancashireHibby
24-08-2011, 10:25 PM
The fact that their ground is one of the smallest (capacity wise) in the Premier League dictated their prices in the first place. Supply and demand.

How do their prices compare with Bolton or even dare I say Blackburn? Steep I would imagine even after the discounts.

Not sure about Blackburn but tickets behind the goal at the Reebok (and the same at Wigan) are £20 for Category C, rising to £28 for Category A. Even the seats along the halfway line in the top tier are £35 (£30 along halfway at Wigan). Only paid a tenner for the Macclesfield game tonight, mind.

Kaiser1962
25-08-2011, 06:56 AM
:agree: and maybe if we had the TV deal that they have we could do the same. People have to start to understand that we can't compete financially.

Yip. QPR know that they will have a payment of around £45m (at least) coming their way and most of their players will still be on their previous contracts and while these will have altered as a result of promotion the impact will not be dramatic this season.

We can argue all day around around whether we need to spend money to attract fans back OR the fans need to come back before we can spend money. Folk probably know where I stand and I would cite Dundee United as the latest example of the fact that the first option does not necessarily work. At least not in Scotland where clubs are reliant on their matchday income.

Kaiser1962
25-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Not sure about Blackburn but tickets behind the goal at the Reebok (and the same at Wigan) are £20 for Category C, rising to £28 for Category A. Even the seats along the halfway line in the top tier are £35 (£30 along halfway at Wigan). Only paid a tenner for the Macclesfield game tonight, mind.

And as stated on another thread excluding the TV income Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen all brought in more money than Wigan.

Steve-O
25-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Tell folk it's no Hibs that are playing...

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Less ridiculous prices for half time fair might encourage folk to come back more often - families in particular. Every time I go to get a bit of HT scran I feel like I've just been mugged - this is not a good feeling to give your customers if you want them to come back.

Generally though a winning team is the obvious solution.

Personally i think only a winning team, or a team that won more than they lost :wink: if it was attractive football will bring those lost fans back.

Cheaper food while always welcome, for me wouldn't bring punters back. I have never thought to myself, if only the food was cheaper i'd have gone to that game? :greengrin

steakbake
25-08-2011, 08:11 AM
We need to get a decent run of results for a start, Hibs cant afford gestures like this as there isn't enough money.

The problem is that as things stand, the football on display is simply not worth the money charged. It's either going to take a pick up in form over an extended period of time or the club has to consider getting fans back in through reduced prices.

Both would be the ideal scenario. The fuller ER is, the better but I don't think we've had one sell out since it was completed.

25 quids to see QPR play a variety of teams in the premiership or 22/26 quid to watch Hibs struggle in the SPL. Which sounds like a better use of your money?

Hibercelona
25-08-2011, 08:12 AM

Nonsense.

Perhaps if the club made such a gesture, more folk would actually turn up for the games? :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
25-08-2011, 08:39 AM
The problem is that as things stand, the football on display is simply not worth the money charged. It's either going to take a pick up in form over an extended period of time or the club has to consider getting fans back in through reduced prices.

Both would be the ideal scenario. The fuller ER is, the better but I don't think we've had one sell out since it was completed.

25 quids to see QPR play a variety of teams in the premiership or 22/26 quid to watch Hibs struggle in the SPL. Which sounds like a better use of your money?

Agree with all of that :agree:

Nonsense.

Perhaps if the club made such a gesture, more folk would actually turn up for the games? :rolleyes:

Hibs did make a gesture by allowing with the family days and STH being able to get free tickets for Nominated Hibees. It didnt seem to make much difference did it? No, just look at the crowds this season

Part/Time Supporter
25-08-2011, 08:47 AM

£25 is the minimum price in the lowest price category. Most of the tickets are £50+.