PDA

View Full Version : The Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles

H18sry
23-08-2011, 02:10 PM
I am going to this on Saturday and going by train, how far is it from the train station to the course? Cheers :thumbsup: Anybody else going up?

ancienthibby
23-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I am going to this on Saturday and going by train, how far is it from the train station to the course? Cheers :thumbsup: Anybody else going up?

Just under two miles, so maybe 25-30 mins walk.

Problem is that it's on the other side of the A9 so have to walk a bit to get to the road crossing.

Enjoy the golf - a Scot to win, please!

H18sry
23-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Just under two miles, so maybe 25-30 mins walk.

Problem is that it's on the other side of the A9 so have to walk a bit to get to the road crossing.

Enjoy the golf - a Scot to win, please! :aok:

Taxi it is then, maybe even a bus laid on from the hotel :pray:

LALthehibeeGAL
23-08-2011, 10:07 PM
yip we're gawn up - by car Thurs, Frid and Sat - cannae use the STs tomorrow or Sunday but - if anyone wants to use them for sunday (it clashes with the derby) let me know

Cheers
Lal:wink:

Golden Bear
24-08-2011, 08:23 AM
That Johnnie Walker fellah seems to have been handing out a lot of freebie tickets for this Tournament.

In fact, I think suppy has exceeded demand!

LALthehibeeGAL
25-08-2011, 10:09 PM
we all like a wee bet on the golf and hubby went down with the bets before we headed off - having heard start was delayed - willie hill said it wouldnae allow the bet cos it had started - now normally you can still bet - so we thought - we will just put a bet on when we get up there - no bookies - guess who the son was putting his e/w bet on? yes you've guessed it the current leader Mark Foster :grr:

Oh and Simon Dyson - very nasty man to his caddie on the first green (his tenth) threw club at him - way down in my estimation.

Hope it is nice again tomorrow and saturday loving it.

frazeHFC
25-08-2011, 10:39 PM
I think i am going up with some mates on Saturday, still unconfirmed though.

LALthehibeeGAL
28-08-2011, 08:43 PM
we all like a wee bet on the golf and hubby went down with the bets before we headed off - having heard start was delayed - willie hill said it wouldnae allow the bet cos it had started - now normally you can still bet - so we thought - we will just put a bet on when we get up there - no bookies - guess who the son was putting his e/w bet on? yes you've guessed it the current leader Mark Foster :grr:

Oh and Simon Dyson - very nasty man to his caddie on the first green (his tenth) threw club at him - way down in my estimation.

Hope it is nice again tomorrow and saturday loving it.

his other bet was on Coeztee urgh ! £1.25 e/w on him and Foster who both finished T2!!

no a happy bunny!!