PDA

View Full Version : NHC Nasri on his way to City

H18sry
23-08-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/08/23/2632581/breaking-news-manchester-city-agree-terms-with-arsenal-for-samir

I think there will be a few players looking for clubs in the next 7 days before City announce there 30 man PL squad,with 36 players listed http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Players they need to ship at least 7 :agree:

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 02:31 PM
With the quality that Arsenal will have lost after Nasri deserts the sinking ship for Manchester I can see them struggle to be in the top six this season. That's unless Wenger makes a few quality signings before the transfer window slams shut in a week or so. Tricky Champions League qualifier coming up as well and if they go out of that then you can see the Arsenal supporters wanting a change of management.

easty
23-08-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/08/23/2632581/breaking-news-manchester-city-agree-terms-with-arsenal-for-samir

I think there will be a few players looking for clubs in the next 7 days before City announce there 30 man PL squad,with 36 players listed http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Players they need to ship at least 7 :agree:

Wright Phillips and Boyata meant to be going to Bolton. Gonzalez is at Aberdeen for the season. Michael Johnson at Leicester I think. And I'd expect Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Bellamy to be gone.

I wouldntbe surprised if City signed someone else as well.

SteveHFC
23-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Man City Can F*** Off. Nasri is a money grabbing C***.

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 03:16 PM

I've just completed the IQ test on the Holy Ground forum but for the life of me I can't work out what the missing letters are.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Is it not just a 25 man squad, or have they changed it for this season? :dunno:

If they sign Nasri, I can see their squad being;

1-Micah Richards
2-Vincent Kompany
3-Pablo Zabaleta
4-Joleon Lescott
5-James Milner
6-Edin Dzeko
7-Adam Johnson
8-Aleksandar Kolarov
9-Sergio Aguero
10-Gareth Barry
11-David Silva
12-Carlos Tevez
13-Gael Clichy
14-Joe Hart
15-Kolo Toure
16-Nigel de Jong
17-Yaya Toure
18-Mario Balotelli
19-Samir Nasri
20-Stefan Savic
21-Costel Pantilimon
22-Stuart Taylor
23-Dedryck Boyata
24-Shaun Wright-Phillips
25-Struggling to fill this space as you're now talking about players who aren't really in the picture such as Adebayor, Bridge, Bellamy, Santa Cruz and Onuoha.

That would mean 4 of the above players would miss out, along with Greg Cunningham, Gunnar Nielsen, Alex Nimely and Abdul Rasak.

It might actually be more difficult for Manchester Utd to name their 25 man squad;

1-David de Gea
2-Anders Lindegaard
3-Rio Ferdinand
4-Nemanja Vidic
5-Patrice Evra
6-Phil Jones
7-Chris Smalling
8-Michael Carrick
9-Ji-Sung Park
10-Ryan Giggs
11-Nani
12-Anderson
13-Danny Welbeck
14-Tom Cleverley
15-Rafael da Silva
16-Fabio da Silva
17-Wayne Rooney
18-Ashley Young
19-Dimitar Berbatov
20-Javier Hernandez
21-Jonny Evans
22-Michael Owen
23-Darren Fletcher
24-Antonio Valencia
25-Tomasz Kuszczak

Guys like Darron Gibson, Federico Macheda and Mame Biram Diouf who have all got first team experience may struggle to get into that squad.

aberhibsfc
23-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Wright Phillips and Boyata meant to be going to Bolton. Gonzalez is at Aberdeen for the season. Michael Johnson at Leicester I think. And I'd expect Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Bellamy to be gone.

I figure that too. They are quickly replacing Real Madrid as football's money men, hoovering up the world's footballing talent.

Chelsea are trying to keep pace with the recent signing of Torres with Mata and Modric on the cards.

It's quite humourous, despite all the millions they blow, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City cannot emulate the standards of Barcelona & Manchester Utd (albiet they are not exactly skint and spend cash, but not in the manner of the other 3).

I honestly don't understand Man City signing policy at times, they have made themselves a target for inflated prices but can't get my head around some of the people they have signed and for the prices paid eg Lescott. That said, they have raised the bar this summer, Clichy, Aguero & now Nasri.

easty
23-08-2011, 03:31 PM

I suppose on one hand you could say he's a money grabber, but you could just as easily say he's moved because he wants to win trophies. Something that he's tried to do at Arsenal, and failed miserably. Man City will be well in contention for trophies ahead of Wengers shower of piss.

On another hand, yes that's three hands now, you could say that he was on a pretty decent wedge at Arsenal, so he was just as much a money grabbing c-word at them.

Part/Time Supporter
23-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Presumably he wasn't money-grabbing when he moved to Arsenal from France.

:wink:

MWHIBBIES
23-08-2011, 03:53 PM
$ $ $ $

hibsbollah
23-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Presumably he wasn't money-grabbing when he moved to Arsenal from France.:wink: They still love him at OM. Came through their kids team as a sort of child progidy groomed to be the new Zidane. And he's not far from living up to it. He's been quoted as saying he's got loyalty to OM because hes the team he supports and no-one else, which makes sense to me.

MWHIBBIES
23-08-2011, 04:05 PM
They still love him at OM. Came through their kids team as a sort of child progidy groomed to be the new Zidane. And he's not far from living up to it. He's been quoted as saying he's got loyalty to OM because hes the team he supports and no-one else, which makes sense to me.Nasri couldn't lace Zindane's boots.

PISTOL1875
23-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Face it mate, Arsenal are finished..

YOU'RE JUST OUR FEEDER CLUB,
YOU'RE JUST OUR FEEDER CLUB....

SteveHFC
23-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Mate I hate Arsenal and My english team is Liverpool.

PISTOL1875
23-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Sorry man, from that post , I thought you were a cockney.. Arsenal are still finished though.. No need to have a pop at City.. I could say the same about Carroll , Downing , Henderson and Charlie Adam.. Moving to a club to enhance your chances of trophies and more money is not a crime..

Sylar
23-08-2011, 07:54 PM
If you were offered a move to a company/club in the same industry/league as you, with serious aspirations of furthering your career (or winning the title), whilst watching your colleagues leaving to other equally/more successful companies/clubs, would you say no?

The money might be ridiculous, but it's Man City who are offering it - why wouldn't you take the money and join a club who are clearly on the up, whilst it's clear your own club are sinking?

Having said that, I'll still piss myself laughing when City's financier gets bored and they're plunged into oblivion for living far outwith their means.

Since90+2
23-08-2011, 08:08 PM

I figure that too. They are quickly replacing Real Madrid as football's money men, hoovering up the world's footballing talent.

Chelsea are trying to keep pace with the recent signing of Torres with Mata and Modric on the cards.

It's quite humourous, despite all the millions they blow, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City cannot emulate the standards of Barcelona & Manchester Utd (albiet they are not exactly skint and spend cash, but not in the manner of the other 3).

I honestly don't understand Man City signing policy at times, they have made themselves a target for inflated prices but can't get my head around some of the people they have signed and for the prices paid eg Lescott. That said, they have raised the bar this summer, Clichy, Aguero & now Nasri.

Maybe not in terms of transfer money paid but Barcelona's wage bill is the highest in world sport , not just football but even higher than the New York Yankees ect

CFC
23-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes, they have the highest wage bill in football. Moreover, Barca really have spent a lot of money down the years: Cruyff, Neeskens, Schuster, Maradona, Lineker, Romario, Koeman, Hagi, Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Overmars, Ronaldinho, Henry and Ibrahimovic. They really are not an example of a club who have spent modestly, now or at any time in their history.

Love the Green
23-08-2011, 09:03 PM
If you were offered a move to a company/club in the same industry/league as you, with serious aspirations of furthering your career (or winning the title), whilst watching your colleagues leaving to other equally/more successful companies/clubs, would you say no?

The money might be ridiculous, but it's Man City who are offering it - why wouldn't you take the money and join a club who are clearly on the up, whilst it's clear your own club are sinking?

Having said that, I'll still piss myself laughing when City's financier gets bored and they're plunged into oblivion for living far outwith their means.

How are they living outwith their means, are they 100's of millions in debt like Man utd? or is it ok for them to pay massively inflated prices for relatively unknowns .

"keep the faith"

Woody1985
23-08-2011, 09:32 PM
How are they living outwith their means, are they 100's of millions in debt like Man utd? or is it ok for them to pay massively inflated prices for relatively unknowns ."keep the faith" United live within their means, including the ridiculous debt position. City are living off someone's spare change and are not living within the clubs means.Personally I don't care and quite like someone mixing things up.

Sylar
24-08-2011, 07:19 AM
How are they living outwith their means, are they 100's of millions in debt like Man utd? or is it ok for them to pay massively inflated prices for relatively unknowns .

"keep the faith"

City as a club don't generate anywhere near the level of money they need to pay for these transfers and wages - it's purely at the behest of their owner. I guess if he has the money and it's guaranteed for x amount of years, then fine, my point is invalid, but I'm willing to bet he can withdraw his bankroll at any point.

Take him out of the equation, and Man City would have to sell the majority of their squad, as without his money, they can't afford to pay them, and these guys definitely aren't at City because of a childhood ambition to play for them.

I'd share Woody's point above though - it's nice to see someone trying to make an assault on the long-term monopoly the "big 4" have long held over the Premiership.

You'd make a good politician by the way - I raised a point about Man City and your automatic response was to deflect to what the other Manchester club are doing.

H18sry
24-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Another striker leaves City http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3770744/Tottenham-agree-a-loan-deal-for-Manchester-Citys-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html

bod
24-08-2011, 12:18 PM

I've just completed the IQ test on the Holy Ground forum but for the life of me I can't work out what the missing letters are.

i think its shorthand for " i'd like a better chance of winning something & play in the Champions League "

jacomo
24-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Nasri couldn't lace Zindane's boots.

Nasri's only 24 or 25. Zindane wasn't the complete article at that age either. :wink:

jacomo
24-08-2011, 09:47 PM
You'd make a good politician by the way - I raised a point about Man City and your automatic response was to deflect to what the other Manchester club are doing.

Given their club's often farcical roller coaster existence, you'd think Man City fans would mostly just chuckle at the ludicrous fortunes being splurged on their team and enjoy the ride.

Instead, most seem to feel the need to try and defend the indefensible. For me, this suggests that they know their club has sold its soul.

jacomo
24-08-2011, 09:50 PM

Arsenal might drop out of the top four this season but they are far from finished.

The Emirates is a 60,000 seat money-making machine and they are working to build their commercial operations. Arsenal will be alright in the long run.

lapsedhibee
24-08-2011, 09:57 PM

:tsk tsk: A very yammish stance to take. This was the sort of stuff the yams came out with about Hibs when Mr Romanov first arrived. "No longer our rivals", :blah: :blah: :blah:

PISTOL1875
24-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Arsenal might drop out of the top four this season but they are far from finished.

The Emirates is a 60,000 seat money-making machine and they are working to build their commercial operations. Arsenal will be alright in the long run.

How long is the long run though ??? Arsenal have won eff all in 6 SEASONS now.. How much longer do you think they will wait to be '' alright '' ????

CFC
24-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Given their club's often farcical roller coaster existence, you'd think Man City fans would mostly just chuckle at the ludicrous fortunes being splurged on their team and enjoy the ride.Instead, most seem to feel the need to try and defend the indefensible. For me, this suggests that they know their club has sold its soul.What does "sold its soul" mean? Also what is indefensible about what Man City are doing? They have been bought by wealthy owners who are financing the purchase of many world class players, hardly the crime of the century.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm a Manchester Utd sympathiser, as everyone on here probably knows by now, and even I don't think there's anything wrong with what Manchester City are doing. They've been bought by a very rich person and he is spending that money on new players.

It's what football is all about nowadays. People can argue about whether football should be that way or not but it is and City are just making the most of it.

Hibs Class
25-08-2011, 11:47 AM
What does "sold its soul" mean? Also what is indefensible about what Man City are doing? They have been bought by wealthy owners who are financing the purchase of many world class players, hardly the crime of the century.

:agree: The main difference between Utd & City seems to be that one has an owner who funds the club through his pockey money whilst the other funds the club through landing it with debt. Hard to say which is more precarious.

steviecarnie
25-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Is it not just a 25 man squad, or have they changed it for this season? :dunno:

If they sign Nasri, I can see their squad being;

1-Micah Richards HG
2-Vincent Kompany
3-Pablo Zabaleta
4-Joleon Lescott HG
5-James Milner HG
6-Edin Dzeko
7-Adam Johnson HG
8-Aleksandar Kolarov
9-Sergio Aguero
10-Gareth Barry HG
11-David Silva
12-Carlos Tevez
13-Gael Clichy HG?? (signed by arsenal before his 18th birthday?)
14-Joe Hart HG
15-Kolo Toure
16-Nigel de Jong
17-Yaya Toure
18-Mario Balotelli
19-Samir Nasri
20-Stefan Savic
21-Costel Pantilimon
22-Stuart Taylor HG?
23-Dedryck Boyata
24-Shaun Wright-Phillips HG
25-Struggling to fill this space as you're now talking about players who aren't really in the picture such as Adebayor, Bridge, Bellamy, Santa Cruz and Onuoha.

That would mean 4 of the above players would miss out, along with Greg Cunningham, Gunnar Nielsen, Alex Nimely and Abdul Rasak.

It might actually be more difficult for Manchester Utd to name their 25 man squad;

1-David de Gea U21?
2-Anders Lindegaard
3-Rio Ferdinand HG
4-Nemanja Vidic
5-Patrice Evra
6-Phil Jones HG
7-Chris Smalling HG
8-Michael Carrick HG
9-Ji-Sung Park
10-Ryan Giggs HG
11-Nani
12-Anderson
13-Danny Welbeck HG
14-Tom Cleverley HG
15-Rafael da Silva HG
16-Fabio da Silva HG
17-Wayne Rooney HG
18-Ashley Young HG
19-Dimitar Berbatov
20-Javier Hernandez
21-Jonny Evans HG
22-Michael Owen HG
23-Darren Fletcher HG
24-Antonio Valencia
25-Tomasz Kuszczak

no need to worry for both teams. plenty players come under home grown rules, A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).‬‪

jgl07
25-08-2011, 03:05 PM

That explains the bitterness.

jacomo
25-08-2011, 08:25 PM
What does "sold its soul" mean? Also what is indefensible about what Man City are doing? They have been bought by wealthy owners who are financing the purchase of many world class players, hardly the crime of the century.

It's not a crime, it's perfectly legal. But scooping finite fossil fuels out of the ground and splurging the money on... paying wages like £200k a week to Tevez is grotesque. City haven't merely joined the big spenders, they've raised wage inflation at the top of the game massively.

At a time when fans are being priced out of the game, through high ticket prices and expensive satellite TV, it would be nice if the top clubs showed a little restraint - especially when so many people are struggling to feed and house themselves, let alone watch a little football.

Instead, they are not merely spending like there's no recession, they're actually spending more.

Frankly, the Man City management disgust me.

flood
25-08-2011, 08:42 PM
It's not a crime, it's perfectly legal. But scooping finite fossil fuels out of the ground and splurging the money on... paying wages like £200k a week to Tevez is grotesque. City haven't merely joined the big spenders, they've raised wage inflation at the top of the game massively.

The thing is that no-one in the Middle East actually pays any interest to Man City. I live in Abu Dhabi and they get no great coverage in the sports papers, no great interest on the AD sports channels.

Go to the malls and it is all Man Utd, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid strips for sale. No Man city strips can be seen in them.

The owners will get bored in a year or two and move on.

Love the Green
25-08-2011, 08:49 PM

At a time when fans are being priced out of the game, through high ticket prices and expensive satellite TV, it would be nice if the top clubs showed a little restraint - especially when so many people are struggling to feed and house themselves, let alone watch a little football.

Instead, they are not merely spending like there's no recession, they're actually spending more.

And teams like manure ,liverpool and chelsea haven't disgusted you over the last 20 years when they were buyinmg up all the top players, I assume these players moved for the minimum wages.
Is it ok for these teams to pay inflated wages and if so why?....it is good to see another team challenging the bullies and beating them at their own game.

"keep the faith
blue moon rising
:not worth

jacomo
25-08-2011, 09:34 PM
And teams like manure ,liverpool and chelsea haven't disgusted you over the last 20 years when they were buyinmg up all the top players, I assume these players moved for the minimum wages.
Is it ok for these teams to pay inflated wages and if so why?....it is good to see another team challenging the bullies and beating them at their own game.

"keep the faith
blue moon rising
:not worth

By being the biggest bully in the play ground? Does nothing for me.

The whole Premiership is grotesque, with clubs earning huge amounts of money yet still fleecing their fans for every penny in order to line the pockets of a few hundred players and agents.

But as I say, Man City weren't content to merely join this orgy of greed - they had to be the greediest.

jgl07
25-08-2011, 09:35 PM

The stench of hypocrisy fills that post. Well let's shut the whole of football down then.

There has been high spending for years in the EPL and other Leagues. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and the Dippers have enjoyed a monopoly of the Champions' League places for years. No one whined then. Once the cartel was busted the cries of 'foul' came loud and strong.

Sergio Aguero actually took a pay cut to move to Manchester City. Meanwhile Samuel Eto'o moves to Dagestan on a deal worth 10 million euros per year. Blame it all on Man City.

PISTOL1875
25-08-2011, 09:43 PM
The stench of hypocrisy fills that post. Well let's shut the whole of football down then.

There has been high spending for years in the EPL and other Leagues. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and the Dippers have enjoyed a monopoly of the Champions' League places for years. No one whined then. Once the cartel was busted the cries of 'foul' came loud and strong.

Sergio Aguero actually took a pay cut to move to Manchester City. Meanwhile Samuel Eto'o moves to Dagestan on a deal worth 10 million euros per year. Blame it all on Man City.

Don't let it get to you mate.. People are just jealous because City can blow anybody out of the water when it comes to players.. The Spanish waiter Rafa started it when he stalled on signing Gareth Barry and he went to City instead.. Wenger has a had a pop in the past but he should worry about his own house before commenting on others..

jacomo
25-08-2011, 09:57 PM
The stench of hypocrisy fills that post.

:confused:

You're going to need to explain that comment to me. In what way am I hypocritical?

Your characterisation of Man City "busting the cartel" is a joke - it's Abu Dhabi who've bought their way into football, the fact that their chosen vehicle is sky blue is almost incidental.

jacomo
25-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Don't let it get to you mate.. People are just jealous because City can blow anybody out of the water when it comes to players..

Frankly, this the sort of comment Old Firm plastics and Yams come out with (back when they had money, anyhow).

CFC
26-08-2011, 06:12 AM
jacomoseven, you are misappropriating your anger at the recession, footballers wage inflation and high ticket prices at Man City. Man City are not responsible for these problems. Better regulation in these areas from the govt/relevant FAs could solve these issues. Personally I love what City are doing, its great to see an underachieving team with a long suffering fanbase mixing it up with the heavyweights. Football gets boring seeing the AC Milans, Real Madrids and Yams dominate the Champions league year in year out, great to see a diddy team ruffle the feathers of the blue bloods.

jacomo
26-08-2011, 02:17 PM
jacomoseven, you are misappropriating your anger at the recession, footballers wage inflation and high ticket prices at Man City. Man City are not responsible for these problems. Better regulation in these areas from the govt/relevant FAs could solve these issues. Personally I love what City are doing, its great to see an underachieving team with a long suffering fanbase mixing it up with the heavyweights. Football gets boring seeing the AC Milans, Real Madrids and Yams dominate the Champions league year in year out, great to see a diddy team ruffle the feathers of the blue bloods.

Oh yes they are. Man City have pretty much doubled the top whack a footballer can earn in England, all by their own.

As I have said before, I am a neutral when it comes to the Premiership, but for me it was much more interesting to see Spurs get in amongst the top four, by trading carefully and building a team.

City just spend £100m in the transfer window - if the players don't work out, get rid and spend another £100m. Anyone can play that game if you've got deep enough pockets.