PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think..

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 06:48 PM
That we may see a repeat of the Ayr United match on Tuesday, normally I'm relatively optimistic but I have such a horrible feeling about Tuesday:greengrin

hibee1994
20-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Well hopefully Sean O'Hanlon will be playing by then. GOC is good for a goal a game just now. Surely the defence can hang on against Berwick!

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Well hopefully Sean O'Hanlon will be playing by then. GOC is good for a goal a game just now. Surely the defence can hang on against Berwick!

You would think :greengrin

greenlex
20-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Not a chance.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Berwick Rangers are worse, a lot worse, than Ayr Utd. The other thing in our favour (hopefully!) is that this is the League Cup and it cannot go to a replay. It must be decided at Easter Road. Once we drew with Ayr at home last season and it went to a replay at Somerset, I think we all feared the worst.

If they beat us on Tuesday night, Calderwood should come onto the centre circle at full time with a microphone and announce his resignation.

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Berwick Rangers are worse, a lot worse, than Ayr Utd. The other thing in our favour (hopefully!) is that this is the League Cup and it cannot go to a replay. It must be decided at Easter Road. Once we drew with Ayr at home last season and it went to a replay at Somerset, I think we all feared the worst.

If they beat us on Tuesday night, Calderwood should come onto the centre circle at full time with a microphone and announce his resignation.

Forgot about the replay thing, bit more confident then:greengrin

Are they really much worse than Ayr btw?

DH1875
20-08-2011, 07:51 PM

There's no chance we will lose the game but IF it did happen he should quickly be followed by the board.

sesoim
20-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I don't want Berwick to beat us, but if they do, it may be the best thing that's happened to us in a long time. The way we are going, CC will get us relegated. If Berwick beat us, CC has to go, and Petrie has to resign. Neither of them could show face after that.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Forgot about the replay thing, bit more confident then:greengrin

Are they really much worse than Ayr btw?

Yeah, I would say so.

Ayr are now a first division club and Berwick finished midtable in the third division last year.

Although they do have 3 former Hibs players on their books in Steven Notman, Damon Gray and Lee Currie and we all know what the usual script is when ex-players come back and play us. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I would say so.

Ayr are now a first division club and Berwick finished midtable in the third division last year.

Although they do have 3 former Hibs players on their books in Steven Notman, Damon Gray and Lee Currie and we all know what the usual script is when ex-players come back and play us. :rolleyes:

I thought Berwick were a 2nd division side, I really should know that they aren't:rolleyes:

erin go bragh
20-08-2011, 08:39 PM
That we may see a repeat of the Ayr United match on Tuesday, normally I'm relatively optimistic but I have such a horrible feeling about Tuesday:greengrin
No ,i think we will score a few goals which in turn will give the players a massive lift and after we turn the pink mob over at the pbs we will look back on the berwick game as the game that got our season up and running proper :agree:
ggtth

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 08:42 PM
There's no chance we will lose the game but IF it did happen he should quickly be followed by the board.

And what do you think should happen then?

DH1875
20-08-2011, 08:47 PM
And what do you think should happen then?

I couldn't possibly say. It is after all a family friendly site.

At The Edge
20-08-2011, 08:56 PM
When i left the ground today, Tue could go and take a flying one for all i was concerned....................... come Tue i'll be there. Whats got me wondering is what line up he will play, CC shirley knows that Palsson is no RB, he'll hopefully play 2 strikers at the same time, in the same staring 11 and in their right position, i.e up front.
A heavy win over Berwick would possibly give some lift to the fans going into a game with the neighbours, maybe do the same for the players.