https://twitter.com/grahamspiers/status/104844703496806400

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 10:44 AM
https://twitter.com/grahamspiers/status/104844703496806400

:thumbsup:

aberhibsfc
20-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Any chance you could post the content?

I am no signing up to twitter just to read it. I've gone this far without facebook and twitter. I cannie be bothered with people of facebook who have millions of friends and make an exhibition of themselves. Or personalities who think people want to read their every thought.

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2011, 10:54 AM

I am no signing up to twitter just to read it. I've gone this far without facebook and twitter. I cannie be bothered with people of facebook who have millions of friends and make an exhibition of themselves. Or personalities who think people want to read their every thought.

I was tired and emotional after that 0-5 Hearts humping. Maybe not Hearts, but previous Hibs teams would have given Spurs a cuffing.

aberhibsfc
20-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I was tired and emotional after that 0-5 Hearts humping. Maybe not Hearts, but previous Hibs teams would have given Spurs a cuffing.

Cheers.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2011, 10:58 AM

Have you got many friends? :wink:

Wembley67
20-08-2011, 11:02 AM

You meant like here?

nonshinyfinish
20-08-2011, 11:06 AM

You don't have to sign up to read twitter.

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Spiers is decent. One of the few Rangers fans you can distinguish from Huns.

GloryGlory
20-08-2011, 11:28 AM
He also has a piece in this morning's Times and mentions previous European encounters between Scottish and English teams, particularly " Turnbull's very fine Hibs team" and how we ran Don Revie's Leeds United very close. He mentions one of his earliest football memories being listening to John Motson's BBC commentary on the 0-0 draw at Elland Road and Motson saying he "...couldn't remember the last time he had seen a team perform so well" against Leeds at Elland Road.

This was at a time when Leeds were the strongest team in English football and when teams went to Elland Road, shut up shop, crossed their fingers and hoped for the best.

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2011, 11:54 AM
He also has a piece in this morning's Times and mentions previous European encounters between Scottish and English teams, particularly " Turnbull's very fine Hibs team" and how we ran Don Revie's Leeds United very close. He mentions one of his earliest football memories being listening to John Motson's BBC commentary on the 0-0 draw at Elland Road and Motson saying he "...couldn't remember the last time he had seen a team perform so well" against Leeds at Elland Road.

This was at a time when Leeds were the strongest team in English football and when teams went to Elland Road, shut up shop, crossed their fingers and hoped for the best.

That was some trip to Leeds. Hibs fans crammed into a wee shed behind the goals, singing the whole game, totally outplayed Leeds, and came away with the 0-0 draw and really should have won the tie. I think there was a bus strike on in Yorkshire at the time as the home crowd wasn't that big.

offshorehibby
20-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Spiers is decent. One of the few Rangers fans you can distinguish from Huns.

I'm sure Graham Spiers is a tic fan. Used to drink in the same pub when he was at the Scotsaman many moons ago

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm sure Graham Spiders is a tic fan. Used to drink in the same pub when he was at the Scotsaman many moons ago

Definitely a Rangers fan, but would appear to be growing tired of their ways.

Newhaven
20-08-2011, 12:30 PM

:agree:

Bishop Hibee
20-08-2011, 12:37 PM

Brought up a Rangers fan but is a thorn in their bigoted side now.

NOLA
20-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Brought up a Rangers fan but is a thorn in their bigoted side now.
pretty sure he admitted to being a jambo

silverhibee
20-08-2011, 06:39 PM

He was a celtc fan growing up then changed over to the Huns. :aok:

MM19
20-08-2011, 07:15 PM
That was some trip to Leeds. Hibs fans crammed into a wee shed behind the goals, singing the whole game, totally outplayed Leeds, and came away with the 0-0 draw and really should have won the tie. I think there was a bus strike on in Yorkshire at the time as the home crowd wasn't that big.

Higgins missed an easy header we should have won.

Black Kyle
21-08-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm sure Graham Spiders is a tic fan. Used to drink in the same pub when he was at the Scotsaman many moons ago

With a name like that, he must be a Queens Park fan?