PDA

View Full Version : Freeview

HibbyAndy
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Went to watch my telly in bed the other night and was getting nae picture :greengrin Just aw fuzzy...Now im told its because of the Digital change over thingy and im told i need a free view box for my bedroom, How much will these freeview boxes cost?..Had a look in tesco today and the prices vary from £200 right down to £30..So what box am i after :dunno:..And is it easy peasy to install :dunno: Also i have an inside aerial but will i need a new one :dunno:

Cheers in advance for any feedback :aok:

Removed
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I've got a Phillips one I've hardly used and don't need now. Was thinking about selling it on eBay. Piece of piss to install and you won't need a new aerial.

ArabHibee
02-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I've got a Phillips one I've hardly used and don't need now. Was thinking about selling it on eBay. Piece of piss to install and you won't need a new aerial. You've got another one? Did you buy them in a job lot or something?:greengrin

Removed
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
You've got another one? Did you buy them in a job lot or something?:greengrin :greengrin I had more than one analogue telly ya cheeky bint :na na:

DH1875
10-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Bought my youngest a freeview tv and couldn't get any picture so bought a new inside ariel and still got nothing. Went out and then bought one of them super digital indoor ariels and still nothing :brickwall. Spoke to the neighbours and they have the same problem. Apparently it's because we live in between 2 electricity pylons and no one has ever been able to get any signals since the houses were built :confused:(we've always had sky). Still it explains why my wi-fi is so crap.

HibbyAndy
11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Bought my youngest a freeview tv and couldn't get any picture so bought a new inside ariel and still got nothing. Went out and then bought one of them super digital indoor ariels and still nothing :brickwall. Spoke to the neighbours and they have the same problem. Apparently it's because we live in between 2 electricity pylons and no one has ever been able to get any signals since the houses were built :confused:(we've always had sky). Still it explains why my wi-fi is so crap.

Was gonna mention that mate..I got a wee freeview box set for £15 out Argos and it works a treat, It worked with my old inside aerial, You get your usual channels plus a few extra like E4, Channel 4 plus, Itv 2 itv 4, Also music channels. No bad atall.

Dinkydoo
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Dumfries & Galloway had the 'digital switchover' ages ago now. Real pain in the arse when you start losing the signal on half the channels and have to retune the thing.

I Don't know whether that is because D&G is a bit more rural though; our download speed is **** as well.

lyonhibs
11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Dumfries & Galloway had the 'digital switchover' ages ago now. Real pain in the arse when you start losing the signal on half the channels and have to retune the thing.

I Don't know whether that is because D&G is a bit more rural though; our download speed is **** as well.

:singing: Have you ever seen ER...................:singing: