PDA

View Full Version : A Signing A Week From Here On In?

Speedway
29-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Assuming that there are no further arrivals today and taking CC's press quote that he's looking for 1/2 more signings alongside a couple of loans (dependant on punting EDG...I mean getting players out on loan), do you think we'll now see signing news each week in the lead up to the window SLAMMING SHUT!! or do you think most of whatever business that remains to be done will be carried out towards/on deadline day?

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Assuming that there are no further arrivals today and taking CC's press quote that he's looking for 1/2 more signings alongside a couple of loans (dependant on punting EDG...I mean getting players out on loan), do you think we'll now see signing news each week in the lead up to the window SLAMMING SHUT!! or do you think most of whatever business that remains to be done will be carried out towards/on deadline day?

I don't know, but hopefully the former, I don't see the point in leaving it so late that you might not be able to get all the deals you want done.

hailhail22
29-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Personaly i think it will be late on but would like a couple sooner, alongs that CC gets in the right players who will do the job for us ill be happy, reckon another 2 or 3 signing for us by the end of the transfer window.

Wheat Hound
29-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I reckon, much like January, we will do most business towards the end of August, and predominantly on the last day. Players demands will lessen as the desperation to find a club increases, albeit I suppose free agents can move anytime.

Speedway
29-07-2011, 09:51 AM
I reckon, much like January, we will do most business towards the end of August, and predominantly on the last day. Players demands will lessen as the desperation to find a club increases, albeit I suppose free agents can move anytime.

Did we do January's business at the end of August?

R'Albin
29-07-2011, 09:51 AM

:greengrin

Bayern Bru
29-07-2011, 10:33 AM

Time travel folk ken whit's gaun oan.

Speedway
29-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Owain Jones has signed for ICT. Wasn't he one we were credited with an interest in under Yogi's reign?

Ed De Gramo
29-07-2011, 11:14 AM

:rolleyes:

sounding like a broken record

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Not that I would be against bringing in more players but if we make another 2 permanent signings and then maybe three loan players at the end of August, that could mean that September is a pre-season for almost half a team for players that don't know each other? We are not exactly well enough off to be looking for squad fillers either, we need pivotal signings. Not very comfy with that idea. If we are looking to net a few " names" that have not got tied to a club by then, what guarantee do we have of what they have been doing since last season? Alright running in the public park but it is hardly match practice. I would want any targets to come now and not because naebody else wants them.

Speedway
29-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Ed's playing like one. It's called 'Always the last to know' (where the ball is)

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2011, 12:17 PM

and runs like he's a broken leg. :rolleyes:

EK_Hibs
29-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Players demands will lessen as the desperation to find a club increases.

Sad but true...