PDA

View Full Version : Stack Vs Brown

ManBearPig
26-07-2011, 09:06 AM
I apologise to the admin if this has been done before!

I see lots of opposing views on the keeper situation.

Just curious to see how the Hibs.net fans feel about the goalies.

RIP
26-07-2011, 09:10 AM

Welcome to Hibs.Net

A thread about attendances and a thread about Hibs goalies

Keep up the guid work :thumbsup:

ManBearPig
26-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey just thought it was a change to, Sack the board, sack the manager sack the pie stall employees that seems to bring people down Plus I haven't really made any post about attendances.(made ref to in a comparison thread)

But seeing as thats frowned upon Petrie must go!!!, CC doesnt want to be here, GOC and Sproule arent as good as they were! see I can be cliched too.

HibbyAndy
26-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Both decent enough goalkeepers. Brown's kicking is somewhat erratic lets say at times, Id be happy with either keeper in goals TBH, But Stack shades it just for me.

Westie1875
26-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Stack

R'Albin
26-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Did a couple of these last year but none recently:greengrin

Definately stack for me :agree:

sundo1875
26-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Stack all the way

FromTheCapital
26-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Stack, only because of Brown's kicking....If it was better, it would've been a close one...

:cgwa

cocopops1875
26-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Stack by a mile by far the best we have had in years

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Stack for me but it is great having 2 good 'keepers to call on.

PeeJay
26-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Stack for me - Brown's kicking is "problematic" - then again Stack's injury prone and that's problematic too...

Aldo
26-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Stack every time IMHO.

Barring his mistake on Sunday before he was injured he was part of the reason we went 7 or so unbeaten last season.

Golden Bear
26-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Brown's kicking isn't nearly as bad as what it's made out to be.

Out of the two, he's the most consistent 'keeper so he gets my vote.

JimBHibees
26-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Stack every time IMHO.

Barring his mistake on Sunday before he was injured he was part of the reason we went 7 or so unbeaten last season.

Totally agree personally think Brown is very average.

seanraff07
26-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Definitely Stack

cocopops1875
26-07-2011, 12:29 PM

It really is GB his kicking falls way below the level required for a modern keeper, he looks horrified when he gets a back pass. American women's keeper the delightful Hope Solo is a far better with the ball at feet

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 12:31 PM

I'm no expert on kicking, but as a goalie myself, if at least 50% of my clearances and goalkicks went out of play, I'd be working on it.

Beefster
26-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm no expert on kicking, but as a goalie myself, if at least 50% of my clearances and goalkicks went out of play, I'd be working on it.

Wait, you're suggesting that your kicking is better than Brown's kicking? Either way, your stat is utter mince.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Went for Brown, because I think he's better at crosses (yes, I thought that even before Sunday! :wink:).

Agree his kicking is poorer than Stack's, though not suicidally so IMO.

Also agree it's a close call and I'm happy for Stack to be playing.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Not worth asking opinions about goalies on here, some folk thought Maka was a goalie :faf:

skipster7
26-07-2011, 03:00 PM
no question its stack, seems to be much more vocal and seems to have a lot more presence about him.

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Wait, you're suggesting that your kicking is better than Brown's kicking? Either way, your stat is utter mince.

How could you possibly have worked that out? Where did I ever say, or even suggest that that was the case?
I spoke from the point of view of a goalie. If i was kicking the ball out of play on a regular basis, I'd work on it.

Where's the problem?

So I might have picked a random easy percentage for argument's sake. Wouldn't be the first time someone's done that on this board.

Fact remains that Brown's kicking isn't the best. Try and focus on the overall point of the post the next time, yeah?

Beefster
26-07-2011, 08:34 PM
How could you possibly have worked that out? Where did I ever say, or even suggest that that was the case?
I spoke from the point of view of a goalie. If i was kicking the ball out of play on a regular basis, I'd work on it.

Where's the problem?

So I might have picked a random easy percentage for argument's sake. Wouldn't be the first time someone's done that on this board.

Fact remains that Brown's kicking isn't the best. Try and focus on the overall point of the post the next time, yeah?

You seemed to imply that your kicking was good enough to not need worked on whereas Brown needed to work on his.

The overall point was that Brown kicks more out than he keeps in. That's mince.

I will try and focus in future though. Thanks for the tip.

scoopyboy
26-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I voted for Stack, he is the best we have.

However I must say that if there had been a third option that stated neither are good enough then I would have voted for that.

euro Hibby
26-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Brown for me.............

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I think that technically Stack is the best 'keeper since Daniel Andersson. Can't help but think that every goal-line pile up will leave him holding his back and getting carried off. I would punt Scott Thomson and give Stack a player coach role so that Brown can benefit and that Antell becomes the number 1 in waiting with proper coaching.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Stack, every single time.

sboothibs
26-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Got to be Stack for me, only one that gives me any confidence :flag:

Bayern Bru
26-07-2011, 10:05 PM
You seemed to imply that your kicking was good enough to not need worked on whereas Brown needed to work on his.

The overall point was that Brown kicks more out than he keeps in. That's mince.

I will try and focus in future though. Thanks for the tip.

:Ummm:

To clarify: Having never played at the level Brown plays at, it would be ludicrous to compare us. What I was saying was that if some of my kicks went out of play, I'd be working on it. Some of Brown's go out of play, and given he's a professional, surely it's more important that he works on that as it's his job and not just a pastime.

Hope that's easier to understand. And as previously mentioned, I plucked the statistic out of midair. Apparently 83% of statistics are made up on the spot. :wink:

allezsauzee
26-07-2011, 10:15 PM
One dropped cross and we're having a poll to see if our number 1 really is our number 1. Hopefully a decisive vote in favour of Stacky puts that one to bed. :rolleyes:

hibee92
26-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Stacky for me when fit, although when he isn't (touch wood) I'm happy for Brown to come in :agree:

KiddA
27-07-2011, 02:40 AM
Has to be Stack for me once 100% fit he will be great. One of his biggest attributes is giving out information and organizing and Brown does not have that in his locker.

The Harp
27-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Mark Brown for me. I'd say both are of a similar quality, not great by any stretch of the imagination. Stack seems to have more confidence in his own ability (but I feel he thinks he's better than he actually is). Although Brown's kicking lets him down, his general handling is better than Stack's IMO.

Speedway
27-07-2011, 10:02 AM
As a digression, anyone know why Antell has been removed from the fishy squad page?

Saorsa
27-07-2011, 10:04 AM
As a digression, anyone know why Antell has been removed from the fishy squad page?Think he's been loaned out.

Edit: http://www.eaststirlingshirefc.com/2011/07/23/squad-gets-finishing-touches/

Sean1875
27-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Definately Stack for me, his leadership and presence from the back is a key factor for me, especially if O'Hanlon will be out for a while and well be playing with a relatively young back 4 :agree:

Speedway
27-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Think he's been loaned out.

Edit: http://www.eaststirlingshirefc.com/2011/07/23/squad-gets-finishing-touches/

Cheers, J.

As for whether I am partial to Brown, I'd rather not answer that. It's Stackalamby all the way for me.

Sas_The_Hibby
27-07-2011, 07:58 PM
One dropped cross and we're having a poll to see if our number 1 really is our number 1. Hopefully a decisive vote in favour of Stacky puts that one to bed. :rolleyes:

Didn't think the poll had anything to do with Stack's dropped cross: the op certainly didn't mention it - it's a perfectly legitimate poll, albeit an oft repeated one.

Or do we have to toe the party line and agree whoever's official number one at the time is our best keeper whether we believe it or not? Next you'll be insisting we give every player 10 out of 10 after a game because they're our number one team. Good to see Stalinism's not dead! :wink: