PDA

View Full Version : No Restriction for Disabled fans or their Carers

ronaldo7
08-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I've just received a letter from Hibernian, saying that after discussions with the newly set up Disabled supporters association in June, the restrictions of seating the disabled supporter/carers in the lower areas of the stands (row M or lower), has now been shelved, and they can now choose any seats within the stadium. We have been asked to contact the club to make arrangements to renew our old seats.

Anyone else involved?

M11BMO
08-07-2011, 11:09 AM
I've just received a letter from Hibernian, saying that after discussions with the newly set up Disabled supporters association in June, the restrictions of seating the disabled supporter/carers in the lower areas of the stands (row M or lower), has now been shelved, and they can now choose any seats within the stadium. We have been asked to contact the club to make arrangements to renew our old seats.

Anyone else involved?

I've just purchased new carers/disabled season ticket for the coming season and have already choosen the seats. Does it mention anything about changing seats if they have already been choosen? I haven't recieved the letter yet...

ronaldo7
08-07-2011, 12:31 PM
I've just purchased new carers/disabled season ticket for the coming season and have already choosen the seats. Does it mention anything about changing seats if they have already been choosen? I haven't recieved the letter yet...

The club has decided to allow disabled supporters the choice in where they want to sit. Contact the disabled helpline on 0131 656 7066 and the ticket office will make the necessary arrangements.

M11BMO
08-07-2011, 12:52 PM
The club has decided to allow disabled supporters the choice in where they want to sit. Contact the disabled helpline on 0131 656 7066 and the ticket office will make the necessary arrangements.

Cheers :aok:

Congruence
08-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Well Done Hibernian FC

Jonnyboy
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
good news Ronnie - thanks for that :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Anyone else involved?

i am the secretary of the said association and we are getting the ball rolling so to speak on setting it up and all fans will be notified shortly of it and how to join etc etc

think hibs have done a good job in admitting they were in the wrong and changing their plans

Jonnyboy
08-07-2011, 08:29 PM
i am the secretary of the said association and we are getting the ball rolling so to speak on setting it up and all fans will be notified shortly of it and how to join etc etc

think hibs have done a good job in admitting they were in the wrong and changing their plans

:agree::agree: :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I take it this is only relevant to ambulant supporters with a disability?

I don't see how this can apply to fans in wheelchairs. :dunno:

I got a letter about this today and I was slightly confused by it all.

oconnors_strip
08-07-2011, 08:34 PM
I take it this is only relevant to ambulant supporters with a disability?

I don't see how this can apply to fans in wheelchairs. :dunno:

I got a letter about this today and I was slightly confused by it all.

i presume so, as there isnt much a wheelchair user can change about where they sit.

think hibs just sent a general letter out to all disabled people on their database

Removed
08-07-2011, 08:35 PM

So are you saying this was nothing to to with any health and safety directive and Hibs own idea?

Having had previous experience taking a disabled supporter to every other spl ground apart from parkhead and seen the wide variation in how they are treated would my views as a carer be of interest to your disabled supporters association or are you just working with the disabled support at ER?

oconnors_strip
08-07-2011, 08:40 PM
So are you saying this was nothing to to with any health and safety directive and Hibs own idea?

Having had previous experience taking a disabled supporter to every other spl ground apart from parkhead and seen the wide variation in how they are treated would my views as a carer be of interest to your disabled supporters association or are you just working with the disabled support at ER?

firstly it was hibs' idea but its been dealt with now.

secondly we will be working with ALL hibs fans, a carer's perspective will be very handy in some ways mate. keep an eye out for news on here and leaflets that will be getting printed soon!