PDA

View Full Version : Noel Gallagher

MountcastleHibs
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I simply cannot wait for October 17th to come. I'm very excited for Noel's forthcoming album 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds', and I really hope it is as good as I am anticipating it to be.

Some very interesting comments regarding Liam in his press conference too. Pretty much puts to bed any murmurs of an Oasis reunion down the road.

Article about release: http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/57806
Article about comments made about Liam: http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/57811

Woody1985
06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I watched liam on that Alan carr after being told he was on it. He said there was no chance they'd ever play again and doesn't talk to him.

Didn't even go, or get invited, to Noel's wedding.

marinello59
06-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I simply cannot wait for October 17th to come. I'm very excited for Noel's forthcoming album 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds', and I really hope it is as good as I am anticipating it to be.

So will we get a so-so vocalist singing decent tunes unlike Beady Eye which is a great vocalist singing garbage? :devil:

.Sean.
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
So will we get a so-so vocalist singing decent tunes unlike Beady Eye which is a great vocalist singing garbage? :devil:
Noel is a better singer than Liam although Liam has a superior voice.

ArabHibee
06-07-2011, 08:48 PM

Eh, what exactly does that mean? Liam shouts louder?

MountcastleHibs
06-07-2011, 11:25 PM

:agree: When Noel's at his best, he is a fantastic singer. Liam has been singing very well recently but he's not at Noel's level.

PeeJay
07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
:agree: When Noel's at his best, he is a fantastic singer. Liam has been singing very well recently but he's not at Noel's level.

Which one's which?

pacorosssco
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
noel gallagher is a dick

ive met both the gallaghers twice and ....

liam lives forever. nicest guy youll meet. noel as per yesterday media whore

musically another debate but they call me the roller.a agh

seanraff07
07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Noel and Liam are completely different types of singers, hard to compare. Liam is the better frontman though IMO.

I sort of knew what to expect with Beady eye, but with Noel I'm not sure what it could sound like, he mentioned that you don't even get a guitar solo in the album 'till the 6th track. First gig is in Dublin I hear, tour dates should be released soon though as it's happening in October.

Noel Gallagher and Beady Eye, let the battle commence.

.Sean.
07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Noel's interview here (http://www.noelgallagher.com/).

Obviously a Glasgow gig and he seems to allude to an Edinburgh show which would also be a bonus.

seanraff07
07-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Noel's interview here (http://www.noelgallagher.com/).

Obviously a Glasgow gig and he seems to allude to an Edinburgh show which would also be a bonus.

He reckons the first gig is in Dublin on 23rd October, so hopefully he plays in Scotland by late October/early November.

fat freddy
07-07-2011, 10:46 PM
noel gallagher is a dick

ive met both the gallaghers twice and ....

liam lives forever. nicest guy youll meet. noel as per yesterday media whore

musically another debate but they call me the roller.a agh

are you sure?...he attacked his brother with a guitar!...i'm sure you've met far nicer people if you think about it...you were maybe just a little star struck and it affected your judgement.....

nice guys dont cancel gigs because they've got a hangover and they dont attack people.

Sodje_18
08-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Damon Albarn is better than the two of them put together :fishin:

:greengrin

Since90+2
08-07-2011, 05:53 PM
are you sure?...he attacked his brother with a guitar!...i'm sure you've met far nicer people if you think about it...you were maybe just a little star struck and it affected your judgement.....

nice guys dont cancel gigs because they've got a hangover and they dont attack people.

Although I woudnt say he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet have to agree that out of the two of them Liam was sounder , more down to Earth. Noel seemed a little up his own backside if im being honest.....

Lofarl
08-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Damon Albarn is better than the two of them put together :fishin:

:greengrin

I'd actually agree with that tbh. I used to be into Oasis a lot and kind of ignored Blurs music. But as I got older and started to play guitar I listened to Blur and found the music composition to be rather good. I'm not saying they are amazing, I do think Noel is very talented, Damon Albarn was rather underappreciated imo.

Ofcourse none can match the musical genius that is Anton A Newcombe.

Removed
10-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Just watched that Beady Eye on the telly. What a load of pish. Liam Gallacher a great vocalist and front man :faf:

pacorosssco
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM

says Noel to promote his new album. Does that mean it happened?

two sides and all that