PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury

Betty Boop
25-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Anybody watch the highlights ? Primal Scream just amazing :top marks Chase and Status were also pretty impressive. Shame about the weather though, maybe it will be better today.

MountcastleHibs
25-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Sat right the way through the BBC'S coverage until 2 this morning.

I'm not a massive fan of U2 but they put on a great show. I thought Mumford and Sons and Primal Scream were pretty awesome, and surprisingly enjoyed the excerpts of Cee Lo Green's performance. But what on earth was he wearing?!

Betty Boop
25-06-2011, 09:55 AM

I'm not a massive fan of U2 but they put on a great show. I thought Mumford and Sons and Primal Scream were pretty awesome, and surprisingly enjoyed the excerpts of Cee Lo Green's performance. But what on earth was he wearing?!

What a fabulous voice he has ! :agree:

seanraff07
25-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Not very impressed with the line-up this year but hope they show Miles Kane at some point :agree:

Barney McGrew
25-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Primal Scream were awesome :agree:

Can't wait to see them at Balado a fortnight today :woohoo:

Danderhall Hibs
25-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Jo Whiley and that don't half talk a load of pish eh?

MountcastleHibs
26-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Jo Whiley and that don't half talk a load of pish eh?

Worst is Mark Radcliffe. Cannae stand him.

Betty Boop
26-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Coldplay what an epic performance, stunning ! :greengrin

Calvin
26-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Worst is Mark Radcliffe. Cannae stand him.

Mark Radcliffe is a legend. His show with Stuart Maconie on 6music is the best thing on radio!

Judas Iscariot
26-06-2011, 06:07 PM
How bad are Glasvegas?!!

Wtf

Barney McGrew
26-06-2011, 06:51 PM
How bad are Glasvegas?!!

:agree:

One of the most overhyped bands of recent years. I've still not forgiven them for murdering 'Sunshine on Leith' at T in the Park.

moredun
26-06-2011, 08:30 PM

They actually bored me to sleep:agree:
And i quite like them

Betty Boop
26-06-2011, 08:38 PM
They actually bored me to sleep:agree:
And i quite like them

Different strokes for different folks eh ! I thought they were brilliant. :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
26-06-2011, 08:41 PM
How bad are Glasvegas?!!

Wtf

Heard them a few times at the festivals , dont get the hype , vocals were shocking last night, best of the weekend for me was chase+status

Calvin
26-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Glastonbury genuinely looks one of the most boring festivals around. It looks on TV as if most of the crowd don't even realise there's a band on stage.

Given the scale of it, I really can't fathom why 90% of the crowd are even there given how far they are happy to stand away from the stage.

CropleyWasGod
26-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Glastonbury genuinely looks one of the most boring festivals around. It looks on TV as if most of the crowd don't even realise there's a band on stage.

Given the scale of it, I really can't fathom why 90% of the crowd are even there given how far they are happy to stand away from the stage.

Boring? Take a look at this list of the stages alone.... http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up-poster/ Given that most of these stages are going for three full days, and some for five, if you can't find anything to your liking, then it really isn't the place for you.

And, the TV perspective is misleading. I have never had a "bad" view at Glasto, and the sound is as good as it gets at any Festival. There is no need to be up close.

Hibs90
26-06-2011, 10:19 PM
TITP greatest of them all :agree:

Calvin
26-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Boring? Take a look at this list of the stages alone.... http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up-poster/ Given that most of these stages are going for three full days, and some for five, if you can't find anything to your liking, then it really isn't the place for you.

And, the TV perspective is misleading. I have never had a "bad" view at Glasto, and the sound is as good as it gets at any Festival. There is no need to be up close.

I didn't mean boring with regards to the acts, I meant boring as in the crowd! They're virtually static!

I never said there were bad views either, but being hundreds of metres away from the stage doesn't appeal to me!

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I didn't mean boring with regards to the acts, I meant boring as in the crowd! They're virtually static!

I never said there were bad views either, but being hundreds of metres away from the stage doesn't appeal to me!

Just as well you weren't at Take That then, I had my binoculars with me.:greengrin

PeeJay
27-06-2011, 06:54 AM

German tv showed Glastonbury live on Sat. - so I got to see Coldplay, thought they were quite good really, interesting light show and general image, and a few good tunes - loved it when Martin sung the wrong line in a new number in front of an audience of millions, owned up to it and started again...nice one!

BTW - Glastonbury (never been to the festival myself) got rave reviews here on German tv for its organisation, "greenness", its lack of any advertising (is that right - none at all?) and the fact that musicians like to mingle with regular people in the grounds/mud apparently - none of that elitist backstage only nonsense then: they moaned about the "English rain" though.

Wanted to see Paul Simon myself, but German tv opted to only show the Saturday set - and the Beeb won't let us "foreigners' watch anything on that iPlayer site...anybody catch Simon?

Barney McGrew
27-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Wanted to see Paul Simon myself, but German tv opted to only show the Saturday set - and the Beeb won't let us "foreigners' watch anything on that iPlayer site...anybody catch Simon?

I caught some of him yesterday on BBC3, he was very good. Loads of stuff from 'Graceland', and finished off with 'You can call me Al'

How good was Beyonce last night though? I've never been a great fan of her stuff, but that was a top notch performance.

CropleyWasGod
27-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I caught some of him yesterday on BBC3, he was very good. Loads of stuff from 'Graceland', and finished off with 'You can call me Al'

How good was Beyonce last night though? I've never been a great fan of her stuff, but that was a top notch performance.

Opinions, eh? I thought his voice was shot to hell. He did make some reference early on to it....think he'd had a virus. I thought he should've pulled a sickie and played Graceland through the PA.

pacorosssco
27-06-2011, 05:35 PM
LG interview

You’ve also recently been critical of Glastonbury. Are you not interested in playing it again?

I’m not, mate. Listen, I don’t wake up in the morning and go, “Here you are, the world according to Liam Gallagher.” Someone asked me about Glastonbury so I told them that last time I played there it was *. You can hear the crowd talking while you’re playing, they don’t put any money into the PA and it’s just full of * idiots. It’s like Bond Street with mud.

Liam89
27-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I have to say, of the few acts I did see on the highlight show, the crowd was virtually non existant! A few head bobs here and there but most of them were rather like statues.

marinello59
27-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I have to say, of the few acts I did see on the highlight show, the crowd was virtually non existant! A few head bobs here and there but most of them were rather like statues.

It's hard to bob up and down when you are busy texting your mates and posting pics on facebook so everybody can see what a great time you are having. :greengrin

AllyF
28-06-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm just back from Glastonbury and anyone above going on about the crowd being pathetic is talking absolute rubbish.

I've never experienced an atmosphere like it.

Removed
28-06-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm just back from Glastonbury and anyone above going on about the crowd being pathetic is talking absolute rubbish.

I've never experienced an atmosphere like it.

You've obviously never been to the pbs then :wink:

Sylar
28-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Just listening to some of the highlights in the office whilst working away.

QoTSA were absolutely brilliant. Pendulum up next!

Sylar
28-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Just listening to some of the highlights in the office whilst working away.

QoTSA were absolutely brilliant. Pendulum up next!

Wow. Amazing live show as ever! :thumbsup:

Sylar
28-06-2011, 10:46 AM

I'm not their biggest fan, but they won me over with their performance.

Absolutely brilliant :agree:

Hank Schrader
28-06-2011, 11:13 AM

If you are a ned.

Judas Iscariot
28-06-2011, 11:55 AM
If you are a ned.

:faf:

Betty Boop
28-06-2011, 12:39 PM
If you are a ned.

You have got me worried now. My sixteen year old daughter is going for the first time, I hope she is going to be ok. :paranoid:

easty
28-06-2011, 12:46 PM
You have got me worried now. My sixteen year old daughter is going for the first time, I hope she is going to be ok. :paranoid:

Dont be. This will be my 7th TITP, never once had any hassle. Aye there are neds there, but when you get so many people together in one place you are always going to have a small proportion of idiots.

AllyF
28-06-2011, 03:04 PM

:hmmm:

MountcastleHibs
28-06-2011, 03:31 PM

I wouldn't be. Been the last three years, and yeah the first year I was apprehensive, I'm not now. There's idiots, yes, but there's a sense of camaraderie imo. Everyone's just there to have a good time. She'll be fine.

lyonhibs
28-06-2011, 03:54 PM

If he plays a similar set on Friday when I go to see him at the iTunes festival in London, I'll jizz my pants (or similar)