PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood on Skysports News

Zemamma10
19-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Colin Calderwood interviewed on SSN today at a charity run in Glasgow.

Talks about how he is really looking forward to the celtic game on the first day of the season (not the interview of a man looking to move!).

Spoke about the new signings, o'connor and sproule having the exprience he is looking for having previously played for the club and o'hanlon who he has been tracking over the years but has now only been able to get/afford him.

Talks about future transfer targets and how the top end of the team still needs to be strengthened. Did say that he feels he has 3 or 4 midfielders who could do a job there though.....(Sproule, Galbraith, Wotherspoon?........Edwin?!!)

Also said it was difficult with English teams being back in pre-season in July with regards to securing any loan targets. Obviously has a couple of loan signings high on his list.

Decent enough interview and all seemed to be pretty positive stuff.

Westie1875
19-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Colin Calderwood interviewed on SSN today at a charity run in Glasgow.

Talks about how he is really looking forward to the celtic game on the first day of the season (not the interview of a man looking to move!).

Spoke about the new signings, o'connor and sproule having the exprience he is looking for having previously played for the club and o'hanlon who he has been tracking over the years but has now only been able to get/afford him.

Talks about future transfer targets and how the top end of the team still needs to be strengthened. Did say that he feels he has 3 or 4 midfielders who could do a job there though.....(Sproule, Galbraith, Wotherspoon?........Edwin?!!)

Also said it was difficult with English teams being back in pre-season in July with regards to securing any loan targets. Obviously has a couple of loan signings high on his list.

Decent enough interview and all seemed to be pretty positive stuff.

Rubbish, didn't you know he is off to to be Shteve McLaren's assistant? :greengrin:wink:

R'Albin
19-06-2011, 12:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13829581.stm

Wee bit here about the O'connor signing and wanting to sign a new striker.

hibsbollah
19-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Healy from the huns please Rod.

Lmc2105
19-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Healy is a free agent mate, But i player ad love at hibs none the less

--------
19-06-2011, 02:03 PM

MMM. Yes please. :agree:

R'Albin
19-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Healy is a free agent mate, But i player ad love at hibs none the less

Definately.

I was just wondering, why do you have Kyle Lafferty on the back of your Hibs shirt on your Avatar?

Zazu62
19-06-2011, 03:17 PM
We need another striker or 2 IMHO, playing W'spoon or Galbraith up front doesnt fill me with much confidence..

tanfield
19-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Definately.

I was just wondering, why do you have Kyle Lafferty on the back of your Hibs shirt on your Avatar?

Cause he looks like him??

Andy74
19-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm a bit concerned we only seem to be talking about one or two more. We need a lot more than that!

Dirkster23
19-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm a bit concerned we only seem to be talking about one or two more. We need a lot more than that!

:agree:

we really need another 4 or 5 in!

Lmc2105
19-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Definately.

As tanfield said mate Supposedly look like him and it's stuck ever since.

some guy cam up to me at Easter Road and asked me if a went up to Pitodrie one week a said yeah and he said he thought it was Kyle Lafferty!:rolleyes:

Dunbar Hibee
19-06-2011, 04:58 PM

BEEJ
19-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Who will leave then in order to keep the squad size down to the levels that CC has already indicated (i.e. 24 - 25 in total with four out on loan, giving 20 or 21 players)?

:dunno:

Sir David Gray
19-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Who will leave then in order to keep the squad size down to the levels that CC has already indicated (i.e. 24 - 25 in total with four out on loan, giving 20 or 21 players)?

:dunno:

We've got 19 players just now that I would consider to be first team players, with another 3 or 4 younger players who will probably go out on loan next season.

That will probably mean another two or three signings at the most.

I do agree with Andy74, though, in that we need a bit more than just a couple more players before the summer window closes.

I've consistently spoken about another five or six new players and I think that's about right.

I don't see us signing that many though, nowhere near it in fact.

fatbloke
19-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Rubbish, didn't you know he is off to to be Shteve McLaren's assistant? :greengrin:wink:

i want Steve McLaren to get a job in Holland. The acquired Dutch accent he had during interviews was comedy gold. Made him sound like a total er5e. Miss it terribly. :greengrin

R'Albin
19-06-2011, 06:47 PM

some guy cam up to me at Easter Road and asked me if a went up to Pitodrie one week a said yeah and he said he thought it was Kyle Lafferty!:rolleyes:

Oh not a great person to be mistaken for!

Speaking of Kyle Lafferty has anyone seen his bird? Would you nae!!:love ya!:

matty_f
19-06-2011, 06:50 PM

We've got 19 players just now that I would consider to be first team players, with another 3 or 4 younger players who will probably go out on loan next season.

That will probably mean another two or three signings at the most.

I do agree with Andy74, though, in that we need a bit more than just a couple more players before the summer window closes.

I've consistently spoken about another five or six new players and I think that's about right.

I don't see us signing that many though, nowhere near it in fact.

2 or 3 more, added to the 3 that we've signed, would take us to the five or six new players, so if you agree with Andy then your original assessment is wrong, or you just can't count.:greengrin

--------
19-06-2011, 07:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13829581.stm

Wee bit here about the O'connor signing and wanting to sign a new striker.

Well, he doesn't sound like a guy who's already got one foot out the door to me...

Nor does it seem that RP signed Garry O behind CC's back as some have alleged.

HibsMax
19-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Why do we need a lot more? Surely we're not looking to replace the entire team? I know we need cover for injury / suspension but I personally am hoping that the new additions will be able to drag some better performances from those players that escaped the cut.

HibsMax
19-06-2011, 07:20 PM
2 or 3 more, added to the 3 that we've signed, would take us to the five or six new players, so if you agree with andy then your original assessment is wrong, or you just can't count.:greengrin

lol.

ArabHibee
19-06-2011, 08:16 PM

:fibber:
Why don't you like telling folk he's your identical twin brother? :dunno:

Pedantic_Hibee
19-06-2011, 08:21 PM
:fibber:
Why don't you like telling folk he's your identical twin brother? :dunno:

I was sleeping with identical twins not so long ago.

I remember my mate in the pub quizzing me about it over a couple of pints.

"Is it not a bit risky, mate?"

"Nah, not at all, it's pretty easy to play them off against each other"

"Aye, but is it not hard to tell them apart?"

"Nah, there's a simple way to tell them apart............Michelle's got blonde hair and Martin's got a moustache"

:taxi

Kaiser1962
19-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Well, he doesn't sound like a guy who's already got one foot out the door to me...

Nor does it seem that RP signed Garry O behind CC's back as some have alleged.

Has RP not been tracking O'Hanlon for years either then?

Sir David Gray
19-06-2011, 10:02 PM
2 or 3 more, added to the 3 that we've signed, would take us to the five or six new players, so if you agree with Andy then your original assessment is wrong, or you just can't count.:greengrin

I wasn't talking about the players we have signed so far.

I think that we need five or six new players, added on to the squad that we have already. :na na:

:wink:

Hank Schrader
19-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I was sleeping with identical twins not so long ago.

I remember my mate in the pub quizzing me about it over a couple of pints.

"Is it not a bit risky, mate?"

"Nah, not at all, it's pretty easy to play them off against each other"

"Aye, but is it not hard to tell them apart?"

"Nah, there's a simple way to tell them apart............Michelle's got blonde hair and Martin's got a moustache"

:taxi

:tee hee:

Iain G
19-06-2011, 10:28 PM
I wasn't talking about the players we have signed so far.

I think that we need five or six new players, added on to the squad that we have already. :na na:

:wink:

Certainly need a right back, 1 or 2 more forwards and perhaps another midfielder.

3 or 4 more would sound right to me, and obviously replace anyone else we get rid of. :agree:

Purehibee_MYB
19-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I am slowly getting optimistic for next season and I think that 2 or 3 very good signings will do us for next season in all honesty...

Sir David Gray
19-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Certainly need a right back, 1 or 2 more forwards and perhaps another midfielder.

3 or 4 more would sound right to me, and obviously replace anyone else we get rid of. :agree:

A right back is a necessity, we cannot possibly go into next season with Michael Hart as our only recognised player in this position.

I think we need 2 more strikers as well. We only have 2 at the moment and I think we need at least one more striker who will be a first team pick to compete with O'Connor and Sodje, with one more to be a good squad player.

I would like to see one more centre half coming in too. I'm guessing that O'Hanlon and Hanlon will be our first choice centre backs but with David Stephens being our only other option in this position, I think we need someone else in there.

I would also like to see an attacking midfielder coming in to the club, someone who is comfortable going forward and can score around 10 goals per season. I don't think we have that at the moment.

de Graaf-No danger.
Stevenson-Scores about one goal every five years.
Galbraith-Only scored once for Hibs in over 40 appearances.
Palsson-Doesn't strike me as being a goalscoring midfielder.
Scott-Not a goalscorer.
Thornhill-Wouldn't have said so.
Welsh-Don't know much about him so maybe.
Sproule-Not a prolific goalscorer.
Wotherspoon-Unlikely to pose a great goalscoring threat.

That would take us to five new players and considering that we only have two senior goalkeepers at the moment, I think we may need one more goalie in as backup to the main two, although it's not a must.

Iain G
19-06-2011, 11:51 PM
A right back is a necessity, we cannot possibly go into next season with Michael Hart as our only recognised player in this position.

I think we need 2 more strikers as well. We only have 2 at the moment and I think we need at least one more striker who will be a first team pick to compete with O'Connor and Sodje, with one more to be a good squad player.

I would like to see one more centre half coming in too. I'm guessing that O'Hanlon and Hanlon will be our first choice centre backs but with David Stephens being our only other option in this position, I think we need someone else in there.

I would also like to see an attacking midfielder coming in to the club, someone who is comfortable going forward and can score around 10 goals per season. I don't think we have that at the moment.

de Graaf-No danger.
Stevenson-Scores about one goal every five years.
Galbraith-Only scored once for Hibs in over 40 appearances.
Palsson-Doesn't strike me as being a goalscoring midfielder.
Scott-Not a goalscorer.
Thornhill-Wouldn't have said so.
Welsh-Don't know much about him so maybe.
Sproule-Not a prolific goalscorer.
Wotherspoon-Unlikely to pose a great goalscoring threat.

That would take us to five new players and considering that we only have two senior goalkeepers at the moment, I think we may need one more goalie in as backup to the main two, although it's not a must.

Yup, though Palsson can play centre half as required, and Thornhill is supposed to be able to put the ball in the net according to CC when he signed him, perhaps the new Pat McGinaly :wink:

Priority is right back and up front IMHO at the moment :agree: And if we can add a player who is comfortable operating behind the strikers and getting onto the end of things I'd be very happy!!

Heckys Wheel
20-06-2011, 06:25 AM

Were you in 50 Dead Men Walking as well?

Albion Hibs
20-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I dont think we are too far off having a good starting 11. A lot will depend on how quickly we can get O'Connor to a decent level of fitness. Another striker would be good, but I am more concerned about getting a good passing midfielder in there.

I think that O'Connor, Sproule and Sodje can all put the ball away given a chance. But I think we are in real need of a player who can pick a pass, Thornhill may give us this, but I have not seen enough to make me think he can do this.

I will leave it with CC on the hope he maybe has a few players identified. I would agree with the need for a right back, but in reality I think this is wotherspoons best position. He was decent there when he played season before last and he does not really do anything for me in the right midfield slot.

Speedway
20-06-2011, 12:26 PM
In the interests of balance and contrast, it's worth pointing out that although it was a positive interview on SSN, we recently had a manager who smiled for pictures with the owner and the chairman of the club at the opening of our big new training centre before resigning the following morning.

JimBHibees
20-06-2011, 12:40 PM
In the interests of balance and contrast, it's worth pointing out that although it was a positive interview on SSN, we recently had a manager who smiled for pictures with the owner and the chairman of the club at the opening of our big new training centre before resigning the following morning.

and another who was laughing and joking with the Rangers backroom staff in their technical area while his team got horsed 3-0 at home. :rolleyes:

Cropley10
20-06-2011, 12:46 PM
has anyone seen his bird? Would you nae!!:love ya!:

Would you smash it?