PDA

View Full Version : Chipping Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii's

sleeping giant
18-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Firstly , if this is illegal please feel free to remove.

I have been looking into chipping the consoles in the house as they are all out of warranty but i can't seem to find any credible info apart from instruction manuals you have to pay for.

I've read that you can "unlock" the Will to enable it to play DVD's. Can this be correct :confused:

Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Sodje_18
19-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Not sure about the Wii but I heard as soon as you chip a 360 you can't play on live again or you'll be reported.

sleeping giant
19-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Not sure about the Wii but I heard as soon as you chip a 360 you can't play on live again or you'll be reported.

I read that too.
I was under the impression that if it was out of warranty it would be fine :dunno:

Allant1981
19-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Not sure about the dvds for the wii but i have an external hard drive and my mate somehow gets games from the internet and he sticks them on my hard drive, not bought a game for ages

Hibs90
20-06-2011, 10:21 AM
1. It's illegal.
2. Once you 'flash' or 'jtag' your 360 if you go online you get permanently banned.
3. Newer games don't really work with the latest dashboard if you have a 'chipped' console.

Captain Trips
20-06-2011, 11:20 AM
My 360 is Modded, all games work perfectly. I do not play online however depending on the copy of the game you can play online but there are always risks. Most folk whom get banned play the game online before it has had a release.

Leicester Fan
20-06-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm told by someone who knows these things that you can download a program on to a memory card that works the same as chipping a Wii. No need to open the box at all.

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2011, 03:05 PM
1. It's illegal.
2. Once you 'flash' or 'jtag' your 360 if you go online you get permanently banned.
3. Newer games don't really work with the latest dashboard if you have a 'chipped' console.

It can't be illegal to chip the box surely?

Woody1985
20-06-2011, 07:17 PM
It can't be illegal to chip the box surely?

This is the whole debate and why Sony were hacked.

Someone chipped the ps3 and Sony sued him. Basically they are saying you rent the hardware from them and don't own it to do with as you wish.

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2011, 07:22 PM
This is the whole debate and why Sony were hacked.

Someone chipped the ps3 and Sony sued him. Basically they are saying you rent the hardware from them and don't own it to do with as you wish.

WTF! You purchase a console and you then own it surely, there isn't a rental agreement provided with every console is there???