PDA

View Full Version : Duo depart Easter Road (Vaz Te and Divis)

Hibs90
17-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Duo depart Easter Road
Hibs have parted company with striker Ricardo Vaz Te after the club decided not to renew the Portuguese forward's short term deal.
Goalkeeper Jakub Divis has also left the Leith club with manager Colin Calderwood saying the club are well-served between the sticks. (Scotsman)

As above. No deal for Vaz Te then...does that mean CC has another striker?

California-Hibs
17-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Duo depart Easter Road
Hibs have parted company with striker Ricardo Vaz Te after the club decided not to renew the Portuguese forward's short term deal.
Goalkeeper Jakub Divis has also left the Leith club with manager Colin Calderwood saying the club are well-served between the sticks. (Scotsman)

As above. No deal for Vaz Te then...does that mean CC has another striker?

I'll be honest, i'm actually disappointed that we aren't signing Vaz Te. I thought he had a good bit of quality about him, and with a host of better standard players coming in i thought he'd shine at Hibs next season. Pretty dissappointed as i say but hopefully Calderwood has a few more gems up his sleeve :agree:

Bad Habits
17-06-2011, 10:44 AM
I reckon that wages could have been the reason for Vaz Te not signing?
And the decision to keep Stack on the books has made CC think about if we need him here till january anymore? possibly bringing in/promoting a younger keeper to fill in that role