PDA

View Full Version : The O'connor signing..........

HibbyAndy
15-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Trumps any signings the ****bos have signed so far :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cgwa:cgwa:hibees:flag::hibees

Gifru the Dumbos :thumbsup::thumbsup:

weecounty hibby
15-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I honestly thought they had made a good signing in Sutton, but he is just a poor mans Garry O. :flag:

hibee1994
15-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Im pretty sure my Jambo friends tomorow will tell me that Mehdi Taouil is better than Garry O'Connor but i guess thats jelousy for you :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
15-06-2011, 04:55 PM
We can't do anything about other team's signings. Suffice to say, the Jambos would have LOVED to sign GO. He is a quality striker who will score goals in the SPL, and big leap in quality for the current Hibs squad.

A shock signing by the Hibs that will get others and the pundits talking Hibs up again.

All we need now is a few more decent signings - come on CC.

down-the-slope
15-06-2011, 05:01 PM
My mate saw him in Lucas end of last week...

I said was he looking fat and un-fit....

Quite the opposite...he looked like a ballet dancer (honestly thats what he said) lean and fit well toned and healthy.....

Must say i was surprised...

Another Stokes type deal...benefit all round hopfully

bandylegs_jLeighton
15-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Sutton, Hamill and Grainger....

and raise you an O'Connor, Sproule and O'Hanlon ya jambos bass!

Better additions in defence, midfield, and attack.

Discuss. :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
15-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Sutton was the only decent signing for them , the other 2 are gash. Big Gazza puts Sutton to shame. :agree:

R'Albin
15-06-2011, 05:56 PM

:flag: :lolyam:

Ed De Gramo
15-06-2011, 06:01 PM
O'Hanlon to break the lesser Sutton in two :pray::greengrin

greenlex
15-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Can I be the negative one and say this will end in tears?

hibee1994
15-06-2011, 06:04 PM

No you can't!

snooky
15-06-2011, 06:07 PM

Whose though?

stoneyburn hibs
15-06-2011, 06:20 PM
have to say i was getting a wee bit envious of the signings the yams had made, but the garry o signing is a massive lift and defo trumps that lot :scarf:

Dalianwanda
15-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Not that excited about this signing...Fingers crossed it works out for everyone though :flag:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Alan Smith :agree:

macca70
15-06-2011, 07:12 PM

Worst case, he is garbage and we let him go after his season deal.

Only way it will end in tears is if he rips teams up, bangs in the goals then goes to Celtic!!

Hainan Hibs
15-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Thankfully in signing O'Connor and Sproule we have two players who hate Hearts as much as I do.:agree:

allezsauzee
15-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Broony next please :greengrin

Springbank
15-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Hampden!

Come On!!!!

Oh, and PS, well done the board.

This is proper Box Office.

I am officially excited about the Hibees again!!!!!
:flag::cgwa:flag:

Hamish
15-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Alan Smith :agree:

Fair shout. Good experience and even though he's an ex Gooner, comes across well on Sky.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-06-2011, 08:08 PM
i have a strong feeling this aint the end of big signings either.......

:wink:

Hamish
15-06-2011, 08:08 PM

I'll join you, although I hope I am proved very wrong.

hfc rd
15-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Recieved an email from my jambo mate and he is telling me that Gazza couldn't lace John Sutton's boots. I replied saying that I never expected you's to sign John Sutton as I was awaiting a world cup superstar(s) that Vlad promised to arrive instead. Or is John Sutton supposed to be pure amazing as Didier Drogba, Taouil is better than Lionel Messi and Grainger is very similar to Evra. Also how does the £51M stadium look that was supposed to be finished this year looking? Oh wait a minute...... construction work hasn't even started and you still have that Pink Bus Shelter and that joke of a main stand. While we have a magnificent training facility and a magnificent stadium outside the OF while you lot just have a trampy ground with one of the worst stands in Scotland and a university as a training ground that you don't own and have to share with the uni students.

Oh those yams simply can't help themselves!

:lolyam: :brokenyam:

Andy74
15-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Thankfully in signing O'Connor and Sproule we have two players who hate Hearts as much as I do.:agree:

Quality.

HibbyAndy
15-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Recieved an email from my jambo mate and he is telling me that Gazza couldn't lace John Sutton's boots. I replied saying that I never expected you's to sign John Sutton as I was awaiting a world cup superstar(s) that Vlad promised to arrive instead. Or is John Sutton supposed to be pure amazing as Didier Drogba, Taouil is better than Lionel Messi and Grainger is very similar to Evra. Also how does the £51M stadium look that was supposed to be finished this year looking? Oh wait a minute...... construction work hasn't even started and you still have that Pink Bus Shelter and that joke of a main stand. While we have a magnificent training facility and a magnificent stadium outside the OF while you lot just have a trampy ground with one of the worst stands in Scotland and a university as a training ground that you don't own and have to share with the uni students.

Oh those yams simply can't help themselves!

:lolyam: :brokenyam:

:top marks

I remember the days when i used to post stuff like this :greengrin

You will be'Top Hobo' In nae time :aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-06-2011, 08:23 PM
:top marks

I remember the days when i used to post stuff like this :greengrin

You will be'Top Hobo' In nae time :aok:

I had a fair few cracks at gaining that title a year or so ago. It's time to make way for a new batch, Andy...........for now :greengrin

SmokieJoe
15-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I've always said the man looked at home in the EPL, he's hibs class, thats a fact:agree:!

weonlywon6-2
15-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Im pretty sure my Jambo friends tomorow will tell me that Mehdi Taouil is better than Garry O'Connor but i guess thats jelousy for you :greengrin

who, sounds like something you would get at the chemist !!!!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin

Jonnyboy
15-06-2011, 08:28 PM

Invariably flatters to deceive and often turns and spins so often that he is in danger of disappearing up his own erse :greengrin

HibbyAndy
15-06-2011, 08:29 PM
I had a fair few cracks at gaining that title a year or so ago. It's time to make way for a new batch, Andy...........for now :greengrin

:agree:

Its time tae let the 'younger' yins push on and make a claim for top Hobo, They dinnae make Boabster's and Captain Pugwash kinda guys now like they used tae..

As Jennifer Lopez would say ' Its a new generation'

:greengrin

Aldo
15-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I will be honest here and put ma head in the block but the Yams for me have signed quite good players

Sutton :- Good player IMHO Had very good season scored a few goals but can he do it at the bigger club.

Hammill :- steady if not spectacular. better than black.

Tauil (spl):- for me an excellent player and the type of player who can change a game in a flash...a bit like wee Russell (not as good though).

However at the end of the day I dont really give a flying **** who they sign its about who we sign and today for me shows intent on the part of the board.

Yes the YAMS will be strongerish than last year but so will we and if we can sign players in the quality than Garry O then we should have no problems finishing in the top 6.

They will never sign anybody that is world class for me and in my time watching Hibs we have had 2 players in that category.

LE GOD : need I say more. The best player I have seen in my 30+ years watching Hibs

He is closely followed by

Wee Russell:- outstanding talent and player. A joy to watch.

So at the end of the day they can sign who they want but its 11 v 11.

GG my good friends.

:flag:

Inch Cabbage
15-06-2011, 09:17 PM
For all the jambos claiming that goc is a ***** signing and that he has done nothing down south and there 3 strikers are better listen clearly.... Huddy Kyle was rank down south, as was Sutton at Wycombe wanderers and elliot was released from Preston who were relegated this year. Garry occonnor has played at a much higher level in recent years than all 3! He has much more talent than all 3 and will go on to play again at a higher level than all 3! Hearts have not even nearly came close to signing a player in the calibre of Garry in many seasons, last year he was given a new deal from a premier league side are people forgetting? It didn't work out but it beats being offered a new deal off Motherwell or kilmarnock! Hertz have made a few good signings and we can admit this, the rest of Scottish football on evey messageboard say this is a cracking signing so get it up yis! Mon the cabbage

macca70
15-06-2011, 09:33 PM

Its time tae let the 'younger' yins push on and make a claim for top Hobo, They dinnae make Boabster's and Captain Pugwash kinda guys now like they used tae..

'Wee Airdrie Jambo Junior' agrees :agree:

Top Hobbo Trumpet - Thats what we all used to strive to achieve:greengrin

Think my log on over there should still be active, not been over there for at least a year. Maybe time to make a return :thumbsup:

Brebners Bookie
16-06-2011, 12:00 AM

hush

Mixu62
16-06-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm suddenly interested again - have to admit I was verging on doom & gloom for a while but this has fair cheered me up. Welcome home Garry.:greengrin

Bad Habits
16-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Very happy with this signing :agree:

A good, old school centre forward is what is needed. The fact that he has history with the club is a bonus and hopefully him and sproule can install a bit of backbone into the complecant players. Here's to hoping we get the Garry O' we sold to Russia back with a little less legs (its a given) and a little more know how

TrickyNicky
16-06-2011, 02:44 AM

Funny ye said that - Ah wis jist roond it wee Jenny's hoose only an hour ago fir mah Wednesday night fajita's and re-fried beans when she said that Garry O dusnae look fat at aw.

She went on tae say thit 2 ay her back-up dancers ur aboot the same size and thit thair fitness hus nivir been questioned.

The both ay thum hud trouble outrunnin the polis in NY earlier this year and they carry guns and truncheons ( which cannae be easy )!

dangermouse
16-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I will be honest here and put ma head in the block but the Yams for me have signed quite good players

Sutton :- Good player IMHO Had very good season scored a few goals but can he do it at the bigger club.

Hammill :- steady if not spectacular. better than black.

Tauil (spl):- for me an excellent player and the type of player who can change a game in a flash...a bit like wee Russell (not as good though).

However at the end of the day I dont really give a flying **** who they sign its about who we sign and today for me shows intent on the part of the board.

Yes the YAMS will be strongerish than last year but so will we and if we can sign players in the quality than Garry O then we should have no problems finishing in the top 6.

They will never sign anybody that is world class for me and in my time watching Hibs we have had 2 players in that category.

LE GOD : need I say more. The best player I have seen in my 30+ years watching Hibs

He is closely followed by

Wee Russell:- outstanding talent and player. A joy to watch.

So at the end of the day they can sign who they want but its 11 v 11.

GG my good friends.

:flag:

You forgot about Granny Danger :greengrin

HibbyAndy
20-09-2011, 09:40 PM
:singing: He's one of our own....:singing:

****ing love you GOC!!!