PDA

View Full Version : Would you accept a hearts manager at hibs?

blueisthecolour
14-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Reading the thread on big eck would you accept a former hearts manager as the new hibs manager?

matty_f
14-06-2011, 12:51 PM
The Yams haven't had a manager in recent times that I rate highly enough to manage Hibs, so for that reason, I'm out.

Lofarl
14-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes. Just as long as he was a cafflick, Irish and admitted it was his boyhood ambition. More to the point would rangers accept a former Celtic manager?

hibbybrian
14-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Reading the thread on big eck would you accept a former hearts manager as the new hibs manager?

Willie McCartney and Willie Ormond both managed Hearts before Hibs :wink:

Hibs7
14-06-2011, 12:53 PM
No effing chance

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2011, 12:56 PM
No effing chance

See above :wink:

LancashireHibby
14-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Depends on who it is, how good a manager they are and the manner of their departure from Hearts.

HibbyAndy
14-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Alex Miller was never accepted because he was a Hun, No chance a Hearts manager would be accepted at Easter rd.

Cabbage East
14-06-2011, 01:03 PM
No danger.

Westie1875
14-06-2011, 01:19 PM
No

Sir David Gray
14-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Before he went back to Hearts, I wouldn't have been too unhappy with Jim Jefferies coming to Hibs.

He's a good manager at SPL level and I don't think we would have finished 10th if he had been our manager last season.

I realise that Jefferies would almost certainly never accept the Hibs job and that the vast majority of Hibs fans would never accept him at Easter Road so for those reasons it would never happen in a million years but I think we could do worse.

Would never take the likes of Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Burley or Laszlo though and I would never accept Craig Levein as Hibs boss either.

Cabbage East
14-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Before he went back to Hearts, I wouldn't have been too unhappy with Jim Jefferies coming to Hibs.

He's a good manager at SPL level and I don't think we would have finished 10th if he had been our manager last season.

I realise that Jefferies would almost certainly never accept the Hibs job and that the vast majority of Hibs fans would never accept him at Easter Road so for those reasons it would never happen in a million years but I think we could do worse.

Would never take the likes of Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Burley or Laszlo though and I would never accept Craig Levein as Hibs boss either.

You'd really accept Jeffries as our manager? Really? I'm glad you're not representative of my fellow Hibbys then.

Andy74
14-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Alex Miller was never accepted because he was a Hun, No chance a Hearts manager would be accepted at Easter rd.

That was nothing to do with it.

I think we'd all take Alex Ferguson or Walter Smith without much trouble?

hibsbollah
14-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Jeffries? Honestly? Thats the most shocking falkirk post i think ive ever read!

dangermouse
14-06-2011, 01:44 PM

I thought it was for the soporific football on display. Back then you needed a regular dig in the ribs to stay awake. Won us a cup though.

givescotlandfreedom
14-06-2011, 01:57 PM
We're all fickle. There would be folk complaining at first but if he started getting results and conducted himself the right way his history would be long forgotten.

Sir David Gray
14-06-2011, 02:07 PM
You'd really accept Jeffries as our manager? Really? I'm glad you're not representative of my fellow Hibbys then.

Jeffries? Honestly? Thats the most shocking falkirk post i think ive ever read!

I'm not saying he would be my first choice or that I would actively call for the Hibs board to make contact with him but, what I'm saying is, if that is what they decided to do, I think we could do a lot worse.

I realise that most people would be strongly opposed to this though so it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle and all the aggro that it would undoubtedly bring.

Saorsa
14-06-2011, 02:10 PM
NO!

heretoday
14-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I'd take anyone who reckons he can do a job for Hibs. Even Walter Smith.

JJ would have done just fine.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't even go there! I'm feeling sick just replying to this thread...

:jamboak:

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2011, 02:38 PM
That was nothing to do with it.

I think we'd all take Alex Ferguson or Walter Smith without much trouble?

:agree:

Hibs90
14-06-2011, 02:44 PM
No thanks.

Hibs Class
14-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Of the ones mentioned Burley would cause me the fewest problems.

HibsMax
14-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd take anyone who reckons he can do a job for Hibs. Even Walter Smith.

JJ would have done just fine.

Surely that is what is important? Or more precisely, someone who we reckon can do a job. Put it this way, if Hibs were in the market for a new manager and top of the heap just happened to be someone who managed Hearts, why settle for second best? Settling for second best is not a popular idea around here.

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Some bizarre answers here.

So, most folk would have refused Willie McCartney.... the man who laid the foundations for the Famous Five era...... and Willie Ormond, one of our most famous players ever. Just because they managed Hearts?

The expression "small-minded" was invented for fitba fans. :rolleyes:

hibee1994
14-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Depends how they conducted themselves at Hearts in relation to Hibs. I mean i wouldn't take anyone who just constantly bad mouthed Hibs but i'd be happy to take someone who knows what they are doing, not that Hearts will ever get someone like that :wink:

Baader
14-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Well, it's happened before, as pointed out, with McCartney (done not too badly!) and Ormond (although forever associated with us.) Whoever does a good job for Hibs is fine by me.

Diclonius
14-06-2011, 04:30 PM
If they do well, who cares?

healfyhibee
14-06-2011, 04:37 PM
It wouldn't bother me as long as HE himself wisny a HXXrts fan. Jambo Jeffries no way. I don't know if they've had any really good managers though?

persevere1875
14-06-2011, 04:40 PM
As long as its not JJ or Levien and he does a job for us, I couldnt care less

itchy07
14-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Picture the scene in the near future..................CC walks out on Hibs to return to Forest. JJ just happens to be in the ER shop when he hears the news and having had a row that very morning with Vlad, he decides that the time is right to jump ship. He leads Hibs to second in the League and wins the Scottish Cup...............

Be hard not to like the guy just a little bit? No?

Hibrandenburg
14-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd love an ex Jambo manager to have success at Hibs. The GIRUY effect would be fantastic. They have a similar phenomena with 'Robbo, Hammer of the Hibs'.

nonshinyfinish
14-06-2011, 07:54 PM
We're all fickle. There would be folk complaining at first but if he started getting results and conducted himself the right way his history would be long forgotten.

:agree: Indeed.

HibsMax
14-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Jeffries Must Go!

Petrie, sort it out!

ArabHibee
14-06-2011, 08:07 PM
:fishin:

Elephant Stone
14-06-2011, 08:39 PM
It would depend on the manager himself. Csaba Laszlo was a likeable chap and I could handle him if he was up to the job. Craig 4-6-0 Levein, on the other hand, I couldn't.

.Sean.
14-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Wee fat Robbo's hoored himself for the Hibs job a couple times in the past has he no?.

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Only burley

marinello59
14-06-2011, 08:53 PM

His signing policy seems to have attracted quite a few admirers from here. :devil:

fat freddy
14-06-2011, 08:58 PM
i would be more than happy to see j.j. in the hibs managers seat...he has outstanding experience in scotland,england and europe and he turned hearts into an effective side in his time there...add to that his scotland experience and the fact that he scored in three world cups and i think most hibbies would have to admit he would be an excellent candidate for the job...

jabis
14-06-2011, 11:03 PM
would I accept an ex-hearts manager that won us the SPL,SC,and the champions league......damn right I would !

*sorry,what was the stupid question again ?*

oldbutdim
14-06-2011, 11:14 PM

I'd already pressed the 'quote' button to disagree, so although I see others have already put you right......... I'll just carry on.

Mogadon just ran out of time. He won us a cup at a great time, but eventually he just bored us all to the point that he had to go.

The ridiculous notion that he was never accepted because of his Hun background was put about by Weegie Journos keen to promote bigotry and OF mentality throughout Scotland.
Many Hibs fans I know still have bad memories of ******* Face - despite the Cup Win, but none because he used to play for Der Hun.

vanNISHtelroy
15-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't want an ex-Ayr manager at Rugby Park. Gordon Dalziel keeps getting linked with us and really wouldn't want him, although the situation is a little bit different. Although Hearts are the BIG team and you are the small team (:wink:), the difference between us and them is a lot bigger unfotunately.

And don't think he was a big enough success with them anyway :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
15-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Some narrow minded Hibs fans out there.

With the right support from the board there is no doubt Jeffries is a good manager.

He took over a piss poor yam team 18 months ago and turned them from top 6 also rans to 3rd best team in Scotland and I would say at this stage is well placed to repeat that this year.

Would I have or take him at ER? In a heartbeat.

hibby al
15-06-2011, 12:15 PM
jj and broon probably yes but if they threw in locke as well ?:devil:

The Sea-gull
15-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Burley - maybe as did well in England and for the 3 weeks he was at Hearts (nothing to do with the outrageous transfer funds he got though :wink:). Scotland thing lets him down though. Would maybe take the job if offered.

FJK - never would have sat well but in the SPL has done well over the years. No chance now as since he has gone back to the PBS I have started to remember what a Hertz :lips seal he is. He lost it slightly while at Killie but its back with a vengance now. Highly unlikely to ever be offered or accepted the Hibs job anyway.

Levein - over rated manager but none the less still decent. Can't stand him though so no. No danger he'd ever take the job anyway.

Cszaba - a bit mental and tactics baffling but did ok and seems an alright guy so maybe. He'd take any SPL job, bite your hand off.

Wee Fat Robbo - despite what he did to us as a player seems a decent type but his managerial record is fairly poor otherwise someone bigger than East Fife would have him now. I think he'd take the Hibs job if it was offered to him. Understand he was close to it in 2004 before Mowbray got it but the board was worried about the fans reaction and the compo due on him.

All the Romanov henchmen like Ivanauskis, Malfofeev etc - would never want them in a million years and not just coz of their Hearts connection. Laughing stock some of them.

weecounty hibby
15-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I'd already pressed the 'quote' button to disagree, so although I see others have already put you right......... I'll just carry on.

Mogadon just ran out of time. He won us a cup at a great time, but eventually he just bored us all to the point that he had to go.

The ridiculous notion that he was never accepted because of his Hun background was put about by Weegie Journos keen to promote bigotry and OF mentality throughout Scotland.
Many Hibs fans I know still have bad memories of ******* Face - despite the Cup Win, but none because he used to play for Der Hun.

Absolutely right. He was a boring ******* who lasted ten years and only really had any thing like an entertaining team around about our two LC final appearances 91-93. I hate the Huns with a passion but can remember his first game in charge at ER was against the Huns and I was chanting his name. I hated him as he played football not to lose when it should always be played to win!

Oh aye, to answer the question of course I would accept an ex Jambo boss as long as he did the business for us. But JJ and Levein definitely not, just too Jambo in their outlook.

francobaresi
16-06-2011, 10:13 AM

Yes, I would...

However, that manager would have to have an extraordinary set of skills proven in management to deliver success at Hibs... At the end of the day it's just another job for him... Rivalries aside I would take Robbo if I thought he could win us the League, Scottish and anything else... Let's just say it won't be happening anytime soon though...

--------
16-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Allowing that the man who set us up for the most successful period in the club's history was Willie McCartney, ex-Hearts, I would say yes. The only questions should be about his professional credentials and his character. Nothing else.