PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Wingers (new book)

The Harp
09-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Apologies if there's a thread about this already - but I read in John Gibson's Evening News column tonight that there's a new (must have) Hibs book due out in mid September.
With the title 'Prince of Wingers' it could only be about one man ... the late great Gordon Smith! :not worth
It's written by the great man's son, Tony, and is published by Black & White. The author is hoping for a book launch at Easter Road.
Another one for the collection. :aok:

Boris
10-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Just looked it up on Amazon after I saw your post - can't wait for the book to come out. That'll be 4 of the Famous Five covered in print. Surely long overdue for a book on wee Wullie Ormond too - that's got to be a great story waiting to be told too: played for the club with great distinction, came back from two leg breaks, managed both Hibs & Hearts, created a fine side at St Johnstone in the late 60's/early 70's that punched well above its weight & last but not least managed his country, again with great distinction.

hibbybrian
10-06-2011, 03:12 AM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gordon-Smith-Prince-Wingers-Tony/dp/184502351X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1307675396&sr=8-1

:thumbsup:

grantonhibee
10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
should be a good read :agree:

Dan Sarf
10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Can't wait. What a story. 3 league championships with 3 different non-OF clubs (2 of them after he was callously binned by Hibs).

The greatest of them all. :flag:

Seanair
10-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Just looked it up on Amazon after I saw your post - can't wait for the book to come out. That'll be 4 of the Famous Five covered in print. Surely long overdue for a book on wee Wullie Ormond too - that's got to be a great story waiting to be told too: played for the club with great distinction, came back from two leg breaks, managed both Hibs & Hearts, created a fine side at St Johnstone in the late 60's/early 70's that punched well above its weight & last but not least managed his country, again with great distinction.

Was Wullie the only Scotland Manager to live in a Cooncil Hoose (in Musselburgh)?:aok: