PDA

View Full Version : Yams YAMS not allowed to use tynie for European football

yogibear1975
06-06-2011, 07:57 AM
artical in the sun claims the yams will need to play there European games at another ground as the ground does not meet regulations.

pentlando
06-06-2011, 07:59 AM
How much should we charge them??:devil:

Gettin' Auld
06-06-2011, 08:03 AM
How much should we charge them??:devil:
The yams rarely settle their debts, so Rod would demand cash up front. :wink:

ronaldo7
06-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Another non story, move along now, it only comes into play IF they make the group stages, and that's not going to happen:na na:

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't think the article says the PBS is not suitable, it merely suggests that it is no less suitable than other grounds. \Move along no war story here.

marinello59
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I don't think the article says the PBS is not suitable, it merely suggests that it is no less suitable than other grounds. \Move along no war story here.

:greengrin

Kaiser1962
06-06-2011, 08:42 AM

Thought they could play the preliminary round tehre but if they get to teh group stages then they will have to play elsewhere.

So it wont be an issue then:greengrin

lapsedhibee
06-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Pathetic the excuses that Johnny Foreigner finds to avoid breathing in a few kilos of asbestos dust.

Vini1875
06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
How stupid is that? Surely it is either suitable or not. If they can play preliminary games there, how can that be any different from group matches? The burecrats that run football are a joke. Then again if its in The Sun the entire story may be keek.

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Pathetic the excuses that Johnny Foreigner finds to avoid breathing in a few kilos of asbestos dust.

If it hadn't been for the Yams they'd all be speaking German. This is how they repay them, it's enough to make some people think Hitler was right.

Springbank
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
artical in the sun claims the yams will need to play there European games at another ground as the ground does not meet regulations.
reminds of my favourite pre-romanov jambo fiasco. Complaining to uefa that fc mallorca's goals werent big enough..and uefa fined hearts for being nippy. About time too. Joke club,i'm embarassed to share a city with them

Albanian Hibs
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
reminds of my favourite pre-romanov jambo fiasco. Complaining to uefa that fc mallorca's goals werent big enough..and uefa fined hearts for being nippy. About time too. Joke club,i'm embarassed to share a city with them
:agree:

--------
06-06-2011, 09:35 AM

I'm not sure what's more embarrassing - a team that qualifies for Europe without having a ground fit for purpose, or a team who have a ground fit for purpose but whose only connection with European football these days is a geographical one.

I'll maybe see the funny side of the 'joke' when Hibs have a team capable of competing in Europe for more than a few minutes.

:rolleyes:

Baader
06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Sure their admirers at City of Edinburgh Council are working on something to help them out as usual... :rolleyes:

silverhibee
06-06-2011, 05:55 PM

Peevemor
06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
If it hadn't been for the Yams they'd all be speaking German.

silverhibee
06-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Thats really Blacks stash. :greengrin

lyonhibs
06-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure what's more embarrassing - a team that qualifies for Europe without having a ground fit for purpose, or a team who have a ground fit for purpose but whose only connection with European football these days is a geographical one.

I'll maybe see the funny side of the 'joke' when Hibs have a team capable of competing in Europe for more than a few minutes.

:agree::agree:
Hibs don't have a team fit for purpose, Hearts have a shabby stadium but a team and fanbase with European football to look forward to.

I know whose predicament I consider to be more embarrasing, and it ain't theirs.

marinello59
06-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Hibs don't have a team fit for purpose, Hearts have a shabby stadium but a team and fanbase with European football to look forward to.

I know whose predicament I consider to be more embarrasing, and it ain't theirs.

I would NEVER find the Hibernian condition more embarrassing than a state of Yammery. Never. Perhaps we should wait until the transfer window closes before dismissing our team as not being fit for purpose and bigging them up.

Kaiser1962
06-06-2011, 08:04 PM

Last Hearts Euro adventure lasted 60 minutes and they were 4 down and out.

We got to the 2nd leg at least.

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM

Yogi, give it a rest. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2011, 08:17 PM

Careful Doddie, you will start to be perceived as negative and naive by some on here with that attitude.....:agree:

lyonhibs
06-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Indeed, but loathsome though it is to state, their European excusrsions over the past 10 years have - on average - been rather longer lived and more successful than ours.

In terms of club finances, infrastructure and conduct off the field, Hibs are streets ahead of Hearts, but when it comes to the business end of things, out on the pitch, they are in far better shape.

Here's hoping for the transfer window we all know that this club needs.

Keith_M
06-06-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm presuming that the ruling is regarding the size of their pitch. Funny how it never seems to be applied to the bigger names in football.

Take these, for instance:

Chelsea: 110yds x 75yds
Liverpool: 110yds x 75yds.
Spurs: 110yds x 73yds

All having played in the Champions League

Kaiser1962
06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Indeed, but loathsome though it is to state, their European excusrsions over the past 10 years have - on average - been rather longer lived and more successful than ours.

In terms of club finances, infrastructure and conduct off the field, Hibs are streets ahead of Hearts, but when it comes to the business end of things, out on the pitch, they are in far better shape.

Here's hoping for the transfer window we all know that this club needs.

Thats the nub right there. They are ahead of us on the pitch (last season) and two times out of three, lately, they finished above us. But the thing is it is all built on sand. They are entirely unsustainable in any normal environment but, despite losing money hand over fist and being subsided by the savings of the Lithuanian public who probably have no idea, they keep frecking going.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-06-2011, 10:02 PM
This will be a tough one for them because wherever they play, the ground will be full of Yams and that is the real reason the PBS is unsuitable. Looks like a closed-door job is the only way oot.

Franck is God
06-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm presuming that the ruling is regarding the size of their pitch. Funny how it never seems to be applied to the bigger names in football.

Take these, for instance:

Chelsea: 110yds x 75yds
Liverpool: 110yds x 75yds.
Spurs: 110yds x 73yds

All having played in the Champions League

I don't think its the just the pitch dimensions that count, it's all the surrounds too, run off areas behinds the goals and at the dugouts.

Thats why when the East was built they moved the pitch over a bit and our Stadium became compliant with all EUFA & FIFA approved matches. Technically our stadium could host the Champions league final, it never would of course because its too small but it meets all the criteria.

Barney McGrew
07-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Technically our stadium could host the Champions league final, it never would of course because its too small but it meets all the criteria.

It would need to be a UEFA five star rated stadium before it could do that, there's a load of rules around transport and parking as well as the pitch itself that come into play.

IIRC, even the Bernabeau doesn't meet the requirements, and won't be able to hold a Champions League final.

dangermouse
07-06-2011, 07:48 AM
It would need to be a UEFA five star rated stadium before it could do that, there's a load of rules around transport and parking as well as the pitch itself that come into play.

IIRC, even the Bernabeau doesn't meet the requirements, and won't be able to hold a Champions League final.

Just wait until the trams are up and running. A spur to Easter Road and Barcelona v Real Madrid in the final at ER. Do season ticket holders get first dibs? :greengrin

StevieC
07-06-2011, 07:53 AM

But we've got trams and everything .. oh hang on .. :rolleyes:

Gettin' Auld
07-06-2011, 07:56 AM
A stadium must fit into category four of these requirements to host Europa League games beyond the preliminary rounds......
Uefa Rules For Stadiums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories#Category_four)

Nae luck yams!!! :na na:

jacomo
07-06-2011, 08:38 AM

It was the venue in 2010, no?

Phil D. Rolls
07-06-2011, 09:30 AM
IIRC the Yams used Murrayfield the last time they were in the group stages and didn't do too badly. It should have been enough to spur Hibs onto something similair.

--------
07-06-2011, 09:53 AM
I would NEVER find the Hibernian condition more embarrassing than a state of Yammery. Never. Perhaps we should wait until the transfer window closes before dismissing our team as not being fit for purpose and bigging them up.

I look at the final League table; I consider how often THEY have qualified for Europe compared to US recently; and I think of the way we went out of the Europa qualifying last season against a team that by European standards rates as (at best) moderate.

The fact is, Hearts will yet again be playing at least one European tie while we play friendlies in sunny Fife (or wherever). They've moved quickly and closed three signings already - we've brought Ivan back (and I'm not knocking him) and now we're back to the rumour-mill.

I genuinely respect CC's record; I don't think he's a bad manager; I hope that the guys he brought in last season show us next season that their early form was their true form. But the last run of results was hard to take. We need to make some good signings, and we need to show an entirely different attitude on field and in the stands to make an significant improvement next season. Laughing at a team that finished so high above us in the League doesn't rock my boat even one tiny little bit. When did we last beat them in a derby?

There's talk that Rod might be moving on. His successor? More of the same - which suggests safe, careful, unadventurous stewardship with not a lot to write home about.

I just get a tad tired of the "Yams are so embarrassing" line when if truth be told, Hibs don't seem to be able to excite or enthuse their fans at all. We've been stuck in the "let's wait and see who we sign before we start complaining" rut for too many transfers windows now.

easty
07-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Regardless of where they have to play the games.....at least they're in Europe. If they get a couple of favourable draws in the qualifiers (which is possible) then they could be playing in the group stages of the UEFA cup.

But, aye, let's laugh at how much of a joke they are for not being able to play at home, I'd much rather just not be playing in Europe at all like us. :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
let's laugh at how much of a joke they are

Unless not laughing at them would qualify us for Yoorop in some sort of fair-play-for-not-mocking-the-afflicted sort of a way.

easty
07-06-2011, 12:10 PM

Unless not laughing at them would qualify us for Yoorop in some sort of fair-play-for-not-mocking-the-afflicted sort of a way.

I'm all for laughing at the Yams, for being run by a Lithuanian who'd fit in as a character on Psychoville, for thinking that the council will just give them land to build a new stadium, for having the ugliest set of players in the world, etc..

But I don't see how we can point and laugh that they have to play thier European games away from the PBS when we finished 3rd bottom of the league and will be travelling nae further than Inverness next season.

lapsedhibee
07-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm all for laughing at the Yams, for being run by a Lithuanian who'd fit in as a character on Psychoville, for thinking that the council will just give them land to build a new stadium, for having the ugliest set of players in the world, etc..

But I don't see how we can point and laugh that they have to play thier European games away from the PBS when we finished 3rd bottom of the league and will be travelling nae further than Inverness next season.

It's ok to laugh at the PBS whether we finish third bottom or bottom. It's especially ok to laugh at it if the reason that it's no good for Yoorofooty is that the run-offs are too short/narrow, because it's that very thing that gives the PBS its uniquely brilliant atmosphere, what with the mutants being able to yell encouragement right into one ear of their favourites, and out the other side.

Twa Cairpets
07-06-2011, 01:36 PM

Yes, because the forays into Europe for both Hibs and Hearts have been so succesful over the last thirty years or so haven't they? :rolleyes:

For both clubs its little more than a bit of early season fun and for the fans the opportunity to go for a drink and a jolly somewhere exotic. Like Maribor, Dnipropetrovsk or Videoton.

I can't believe any Hibs fans finds our situation more embarrasing than the Asbo stand crew. There entire club is a joke from top to bottom, a little bit of current, relative on field success doesnt change that fact.

Keith_M
07-06-2011, 05:07 PM
A stadium must fit into category four of these requirements to host Europa League games beyond the preliminary rounds......
Uefa Rules For Stadiums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories#Category_four)

Nae luck yams!!! :na na:

That also discounts the teams I mentioned previously, Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs, because of pitch size from the Champions League. Yet they're still aloowed to play in it. Could it possibly be one rule for the rich, etc?

Barney McGrew
07-06-2011, 06:41 PM
It was the venue in 2010, no?

You're right enough - they must have upgraded it at some point to fit the criteria. I remember being told about it only being four star when we did a tour at the Nou Camp a few years back - they were most pleased to tell us at the time that it was five star and Madrid's wasn't :greengrin

Anyway, the current criteria for five star is :

Criteria for UEFA 5 Star rating
Minimum capacity of 50,000 (5-star venues) / 30,000 (4-star venues) – individual seats with backrests. (Venues that still have individual seats without proper backrests will still continue to be accepted. In the future, however, closer attention will be paid to this aspect, and which will influence the committee’s decision regarding the addition of venues to these list categories.)
Pitch dimensions of 105 x 68 m. The field of play must be in pristine condition and be prepared accordingly for a final (quality of grass, irrigation, smooth surface, etc.).
Protective fences around the field of play are not acceptable. Venues which have such installations will not be included on the list.
Sufficient room around the field of play for advertising boards and at least 18 TV cameras. In addition, there must be enough room between the goals and the first row of spectator seats behind both goals for a minimum of 150 photographers.
First-rate dressing-rooms for both teams and the referees (equal size and furnishings for both teams, spacious, bright and clean).
Suitable and appropriately equipped drug-testing room.
Floodlighting of a minimum intensity of 1,400 lux (eV) in the direction of the main camera, and of 1,000 Lux (eV) towards the other areas of the stadium, plus an efficient emergency power supply able to provide, without interruption, the same luminous light intensity as the main lighting.
Modern security installations (access monitoring system, adequate PA system, etc.).
A permanent TV surveillance system in colour that is able to monitor the movement of spectators, as well as their behaviour inside and outside the stadium. This installation must also be able to produce still shots of any troublemakers, which can then be distributed immediately to the security officers / stewards in the stadium.
Clear signage that everyone can understand inside and outside the stadium, as well as in its immediate vicinity.
Suitable covered seats for disabled spectators and their accompanying persons (minimum of two sectors with at least 50 places each). The areas for disabled spectators must be adequately equipped with toilet facilities and a refreshment bar.
Acceptable sanitary facilities for spectators (both sexes) in terms of numbers, cleanliness and standards. Toilets without seats will no longer be accepted for spectators of either sex.
Provision of first-rate media facilities in terms of camera positions, working places, TV studios, etc., in accordance with the “UEFA Guidelines for Media Facilities”.
Adequate first-class facilities must be provided for VIPs, including a minimum of 150 places in the Honorary Tribune VIP box.
International airport(s) able to cope with the huge extra demands of a UEFA final (capacity for up to 60 charter flights per day in addition to the normal, scheduled flights)
Adequate hotel accommodation. For UEFA and its partners, at least 1,000 five-star hotel rooms (UEFA Champions League) / 500 rooms (UEFA Cup) are needed. In addition, enough other hotel accommodation in all types of category must be available.

TRC
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM

It was played there last year dunno if the rules have changed since mind?

dangermouse
08-06-2011, 08:05 AM
That also discounts the teams I mentioned previously, Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs, because of pitch size from the Champions League. Yet they're still aloowed to play in it. Could it possibly be one rule for the rich, etc?

It's a conspiracy, especially if they were drawn against Celtc