PDA

View Full Version : Question Francis Dickoh

TamHibs
27-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Is his agent for real?

Francis Dickoh is almost certain to leave hibs his agent confirmed " it was good for him to go to hibs, to put himself on the map. Its going to be very difficult for hibs to come with the right offer"

marinello59
27-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Is his agent for real?

Francis Dickoh is almost certain to leave hibs his agent confirmed " it was good for him to go to hibs, to put himself on the map. Its going to be very difficult for hibs to come with the right offer"

Not doubting you but where was this said?

TamHibs
27-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Not doubting you but where was this said?

It was in the metro this morning

James70
27-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Good riddance, he's a bombscare.

Wheat Hound
27-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Bye bye Francis ya dumpling. Ripped by Nigel Hassailbank, Chris Maguire and other assorted spl luminaries. No loss whatsoever.

Woody1985
27-05-2011, 07:54 AM
I'm guessing it will be a mind game from the agent.

It could result in the player getting a higher wage by making it appear he left us.

Pretty Boy
27-05-2011, 07:58 AM
If he goes then he goes.

I won't shed a tear, there will be far better available in the next few weeks.

RIP
27-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Fifty headed clearances every game, very dominant in the air at the back, poor at attacking headers, slow on the ground against increasingly speedy forwards

Does the unglamorous Centre Half stuff, just like Jones did. Jones wis 'Bambi on Ice' and the cornerstone of the best defence outwith the Old Firm. Then we had Bamba, then Dickoh.

Take Dickoh out and you will have small Paul and young David going head to head with the six foot plus guys in the SPL. Then we have 2 small young laddies at full back. Opposition teams will outmuscle us even more than last season

We've gone from 3rd best defence in SPL to worst in 3 seasons. Dickoh stood between us and relegation last term. Ok he wasn't a runner but how many times was he left covering for absent full backs or midfielders who couldn't or wouldn't track back?

One of the last players I'd want leaving Hibs right now

Stevie Reid
27-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Was good for about a quarter of our games - we can do better. His agent is taking the p!ss if he thinks that last season's performance is worth an improved deal.

GreenPJ
27-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Fifty headed clearances every game, very dominant in the air at the back, poor at attacking headers, slow on the ground against increasingly speedy forwards

Does the unglamorous Centre Half stuff, just like Jones did. Jones wis 'Bambi on Ice' and the cornerstone of the best defence outwith the Old Firm. Then we had Bamba, then Dickoh.

Take Dickoh out and you will have small Paul and young David going head to head with the six foot plus guys in the SPL. Then we have 2 small young laddies at full back. Opposition teams will outmuscle us even more than last season

We've gone from 3rd best defence in SPL to worst in 3 seasons. Dickoh stood between us and relegation last term. Ok he wasn't a runner but how many times was he left covering for absent full backs or midfielders who couldn't or wouldn't track back?

Hanlon is a significantly better overall player and defender than Dickoh. I would have been happy to keep Dickoh but would have still wanted another first choice CH (experienced) to play with Hanlon so all Dickoh was doing was trying to get into the first team. Not worth breaking the bank over, there are better out there for less money am sure.

Andy74
27-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Dickoh could get more money in Europe and he is probably more suited to some of the other leagues. I saw him playing for Utrecht when I was over there and he was excellent.

Dirkster23
27-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Hanlon is a significantly better overall player and defender than Dickoh. I would have been happy to keep Dickoh but would have still wanted another first choice CH (experienced) to play with Hanlon so all Dickoh was doing was trying to get into the first team. Not worth breaking the bank over, there are better out there for less money am sure.

:agree: Dickoh makes too many mistakes and rash tackles. If we're going with Towell, Hanlon and Booth at the back we need an experienced CH who can take charge of the back 4.

truehibernian
27-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Dickoh could get more money in Europe and he is probably more suited to some of the other leagues. I saw him playing for Utrecht when I was over there and he was excellent.

Whilst I don't dispute at all what your opinion of him was in Holland mate, Francis came over to play in Scotland and this "different league, different style of player' does not wash with me. Good players can play in any league around the world regardless. If he was any world beater, trust me, the Dutch league has technique and skill way beyond the SPL.....he simply would not have ended up at Hibs. The Dutch league also has pace at the top end of the pitch albeit there is a more relaxed, technical side to build up play from the back. Dickoh was continually burned for pace by Dargo, Maguire, Hasselbaink, Templeton, Goodwillie with simple balls over the top. I will concede that I think his heading ability was the best at the club when it came to defending, and he did not concede too many free kicks in dangerous areas a la Hogg.

He is an average player, certainly not one we should be going above and beyond for. If he leaves we will certainly not hear about him again no matter what league he ends up in. The sending off away at Hamilton recently told you everything about the man and where he wants to be IMHO. A bizarre sequence of 'tackles' and an easy decision for the ref. Lack of interest doesn't even cover it

Craig_in_Prague
27-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Hope he never pulls on a Hibs top again.

And I hope that CC has identified a CH as one of the many areas we need serious improvement.

JimBHibees
27-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Hope he never pulls on a Hibs top again.

And I hope that CC has identified a CH as one of the many areas we need serious improvement.

Completely agree. :agree:

Think he is awful and we must get better.

MyJo
27-05-2011, 09:14 AM
We need to be looking for an older head in there, an experienced player that will provide some strength and stability at the back while helping Hanlon and Stephens to develop and learn alongside him.

Maybe a player entering the twilight of his career and just been released from a contract and looking for a club in a league of a lower standard than what he has been playing in that he would stroll through games in.

One that our manager might have worked with before recently even for a little while........hmmm where could we possibly find someone like that?

Saorsa
27-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Is his agent for real?

Francis Dickoh is almost certain to leave hibs his agent confirmed " it was good for him to go to hibs, to put himself on the map. Its going to be very difficult for hibs to come with the right offer":hilarious

I hope we dinnae come up with the right offer, any offer as a matter of fact, be glad tae see the back of him. :bye:

Andy74
27-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Whilst I don't dispute at all what your opinion of him was in Holland mate, Francis came over to play in Scotland and this "different league, different style of player' does not wash with me. Good players can play in any league around the world regardless. If he was any world beater, trust me, the Dutch league has technique and skill way beyond the SPL.....he simply would not have ended up at Hibs. The Dutch league also has pace at the top end of the pitch albeit there is a more relaxed, technical side to build up play from the back. Dickoh was continually burned for pace by Dargo, Maguire, Hasselbaink, Templeton, Goodwillie with simple balls over the top. I will concede that I think his heading ability was the best at the club when it came to defending, and he did not concede too many free kicks in dangerous areas a la Hogg.

He is an average player, certainly not one we should be going above and beyond for. If he leaves we will certainly not hear about him again no matter what league he ends up in. The sending off away at Hamilton recently told you everything about the man and where he wants to be IMHO. A bizarre sequence of 'tackles' and an easy decision for the ref. Lack of interest doesn't even cover it

Not suggesting for a minute he is a world beater but in the games I saw him over in Utrecht he was pretty good admittedly in a different style of league.

I think he probably can go and earn a wee bit better than he can here in any number of continental leagues. Doubt he'll end up at a big club but probably one that will pay him decent money.

AlbertK86
27-05-2011, 09:40 AM
holocaust

Expecting Rain
27-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Just for the record or future reference, what is the Hibs standard these days for a centre back based on, Dickoh,Murdoch,Fulton,Jones or perhaps Blackley?

sahib
27-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Just for the record or future reference, what is the Hibs standard these days for a centre back based on, Dickoh,Murdoch,Fulton,Jones or perhaps Blackley?

Will we ever get a CH that ticks all the right boxes for the army of Alan Hansen style expert critics we have? Bamby on ice , bombscare -it all seems a bit too trite to me. Pat Stanton didnt win every tackle ffs. :rolleyes:

CRAZYHIBBY
27-05-2011, 10:43 AM
things must be bad at hibs when we cant even afford **** like him..........i bet petrie gets well paid though

marinello59
27-05-2011, 10:55 AM
]things must be bad at hibs when we cant even afford **** like him[/B]..........i bet petrie gets well paid though

You'll be glad he's gone then. Hopefully the player himself won't be to upset too be waving goodbye to our classy support.

Stevie Reid
27-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Was good for about a quarter of our games - we can do better. His agent is taking the p!ss if he thinks that last season's performance is worth an improved deal.

"He took a pay cut to go to Hibs and the issue for him is the salary. We've talked to the people at Hibs. They are looking after the club and not doing anything stupid financially. It's going to be difficult for Hibs to come up with the right offer."

Interesting that even his agent is implying that it would stupid to pay him what he wants!

Devine
27-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Delighted hes away hes an absolute bombscare. If he thinks hes better than Hibs then hes having a laugh hes not even good enough to make our squad imo. As for saving us from relegation what a load of absolute nonsense on the contrary he forced us further down that league!

H18sry
27-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Just had a text from EEN saying "Hibs defender set for exit over pay demand" Bye Francis don't let the door skelp your erse on the way out :bye:

JimBHibees
27-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Kind of smacks of posturing by the agent, wouldnt be surprised if he ended up back at ER however personally hope he isnt and we get better in.

Speedway
27-05-2011, 11:22 AM
"He took a pay cut to go to Hibs and the issue for him is the salary. We've talked to the people at Hibs. They are looking after the club and not doing anything stupid financially. It's going to be difficult for Hibs to come up with the right offer."

Interesting that even his agent is implying that it would stupid to pay him what he wants!

Even more interesting that the board are perceived by total outsiders to be looking after the club.

How does that fit in to the criticism of the board. Loosen the purse strings and NOT look after the club?

Dinkydoo
27-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

:bye:

Jones28
27-05-2011, 11:41 AM

:agree:

He is the best defender we have in the air.

I see Dickoh as a Chris Hogg type of player: with somone big and commanding alongside he's excellent, without he's less confident and has a lot more work to do

patlowe
27-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Regardless of all the "bombscare" nonsense, he's entirely typical of the freebie centre halves we've signed over recent years - inconsistent and not reliable enough for any club with ambitions to challenge in the top half. I can't believe for a second that Hibs were desperate to keep him, reckon it must be his agent playing games.

oconnors_strip
27-05-2011, 12:16 PM

take it you werent at the aberdeen away game in april, cause if you were you would have seen hanlon and stephens played very well together at the back. i have no worries playing david and paul next season but we do need an experienced centre half to help these young lads.

as for francis, i dont want anyone at my club if they dont want to be here! bye francis:bye:

Spike Mandela
27-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Even more interesting that the board are perceived by total outsiders to be looking after the club.

How does that fit in to the criticism of the board. Loosen the purse strings and NOT look after the club?

Club is safeguarded in the fact it's going to be around for the years to come and financially stable but the likelihood is more often than not the team is gonna be ****.

jdships
27-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Regardless of all the "bombscare" nonsense, he's entirely typical of the freebie centre halves we've signed over recent years - inconsistent and not reliable enough for any club with ambitions to challenge in the top half. I can't believe for a second that Hibs were desperate to keep him, reckon it must be his agent playing games.

:thumbsup: good post
Don't normally get involved in ""discussions" about who should stay and who shouldn't.
However having noted the number of "unforced errors" by FD in the last few games he played and then reading some posters blaming the "young full backs " i felt I had to comment .
I too can't believe for a second that Hibs were desperate to keep him, reckon it must be his agent playing games.

:flag:

The Harp
27-05-2011, 02:51 PM
If FD thinks the sort of form he was in towards the end of the season merits an increase in his salary, he must be off his trolley - a wage cut would be more appropriate.
IMHO he was one of the main culprits who started their summer holidays weeks before the season finished. If any scouts were checking him out in those last handful of games he played, I can't imagine them following up their interest.

SteveHFC
27-05-2011, 03:00 PM
We really need some good players in the summer or We are F*****.

gillythehibby
27-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Cheerio Francis. Canny say you'll be missed. No doubt we will pick up another run of the mill CH to replace him as we are not prepared to pay for real class. No doubt this will be replicated throughout the team. Sorry for being so negative guys, but that's what we seem to be about these days. very frustrating

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Good luck to him if he feels he can get better money elsewhere. Never really impressed me, was good in the air but was a liability at times, something Hanlon didnt really need beside him. As the senior CB in that defence he should have been taking charge and he never really seemed to do so.

If he does go that will hopefully mean CC has to bring in that decent CB we are all crying out for, someone who can organise the defence!

LeithBoozy
27-05-2011, 04:25 PM
CC said the fans will be nervous about the way we finished the season. I really wasn't until today, reading that CC had made him an offer of any kind makes me very nervous. We need to be looking at far better players, with the wages that have been freed-up. A golden oppertunity to raise the quality of our squad is there, is CC capable.??????? :confused:

sesoim
27-05-2011, 05:14 PM
It just said of Radio Forth that Dickoh might be leaving because we can't afford his wages. I find this comment bizarre on a few levels - first of all, I doubt he is on that much, secondly why the hell would we want to keep him?

I'm glad Bamba (only reliable in CM), Hogg (too many mistakes), and now Dickoh (see Hogg) are away. As far as I'm concerned that frees up money for a couple decent NEW CBs. It's up to the current manager to do a bit better in that respect than the last couple.

marinello59
27-05-2011, 05:33 PM
It just said of Radio Forth that Dickoh might be leaving because we can't afford his wages. I find this comment bizarre on a few levels - first of all, I doubt he is on that much, secondly why the hell would we want to keep him?

I'm glad Bamba (only reliable in CM), Hogg (too many mistakes), and now Dickoh (see Hogg) are away. As far as I'm concerned that frees up money for a couple decent NEW CBs. It's up to the current manager to do a bit better in that respect than the last couple.

Thats a way of negatively spinning it. Perhaps a more accurate way for them to report it would be that the club are unwilling to pay him what he thinks he is worth.

sahib
27-05-2011, 05:43 PM

I wonder how realistic your expectations are after reading the above.

cad
27-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I wonder how realistic your expectations are after reading the above.

I can still see Francis dicking about at Tynie letting that little Yam skip past him at the half way line having 3 or 4 chances to clatter him an take a yellow for the side only for him to get in the cross for Kyle to score ,low and behold weeks later he lets it happen again with Nigel Hasselbank same place , same no tackle ,same result lost a goal .

When I read his agent wanted a significant pay rise to retain Francis at
Easter Road my first thought was this guy must have won his contract in a poker game coz hes obviously not seen him play for Hibs

hibsquaker
27-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Good riddance.

I cannot believe Hibs would have offered him anything. I certainly hope not otherwise next season will be dire if this is the level of player we are hoping to play next season.

Hiber-nation
27-05-2011, 07:26 PM

Yep, although I suppose he does at least have some ability compared to your Kondes and Zarabis. But a pity he forgets to use it in every other game.

Baldy Foghorn
27-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Thats a way of negatively spinning it. Perhaps a more accurate way for them to report it would be that the club are unwilling to pay him what he thinks he is worth.

I hope we can't pay him what he thinks he is worth.....I can't believe we even considered keeping him.....His performances have been erratic to say the least....The Hamilton home and away games in the last part of the season and the Aberdeen match on final day as examples.....I can't understand why he was brought back ahead of Stephens, after Stephens did so well at Pittodrie and Parkhead......

Would like to see Hanlon and Stephens as the centre back pairing next season.....

Davy Mac
27-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Although I agree he is not worth the money/wages etc - Hibs really need to keep a grip on these gobby agents.

He knew the deal when he arrived and that it would unlikely improve so why crap on us now - get lost and away back to dreamland you knob.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2011, 08:42 PM

He is the best defender we have in the air.

I see Dickoh as a Chris Hogg type of player: with somone big and commanding alongside he's excellent, without he's less confident and has a lot more work to do

So do I which is why I'll lose no sleep at him leaving :wink:

Jones28
28-05-2011, 10:35 AM
So do I which is why I'll lose no sleep at him leaving :wink:

Well played Jonnyboy :greengrin

RIP
28-05-2011, 10:51 AM
take it you werent at the aberdeen away game in april, cause if you were you would have seen hanlon and stephens played very well together at the back. i have no worries playing david and paul next season but we do need an experienced centre half to help these young lads.

as for francis, i dont want anyone at my club if they dont want to be here! bye francis:bye:

Spot on Nikki. Colin has said that both Paul and David are still learning and is giving them 18months to find their level. I don't believe Dickoh is the long-term answer but I'd be worried if he left and wasn't replaced with somebody better. Would you say Scott Smith's lack of height precludes him for making it at Centre Half in the future?

Holmesdale Hibs
28-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Is his agent for real?

The right offer from Hibs is to stay well clear. Might be on the radar of Scottish first division but he's deluded if he thinks he's too good for Hibs.

He's pash. End of. Simples. Fact.

Baldy Foghorn
29-05-2011, 05:29 PM
The right offer from Hibs is to stay well clear. Might be on the radar of Scottish first division but he's deluded if he thinks he's too good for Hibs.

He's pash. End of. Simples. Fact.

Bostonhibby
29-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Is his agent for real?

How difficult can it be to offer him and the agent the chance to inspect our revolving door on the way out? Doesnt fill me with confidence and we can do better.

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Seen CHs for other lower SPL sides have better performances at ER last season than FD. A bog standard CH who certainly hasnt done anything to merit a wage rise.

Good luck if you do leave Francis, but no loss to us I'm afraid.

Cheerio.

IanM
30-05-2011, 10:06 AM
if Francis does want to leave (and not just wat his agent says) as he thinks he deserves better money then he can GTF.. useless, in fact just GTF clumsy

seen better organised jobbies

well done stack for taking a paycut, francis gtf

not sure if ive made myself clear

GTF

grantonhibee
30-05-2011, 11:05 AM
yet another one who thinks he is better than he is , i hope he leaves he aint the answer at the back we are looking for