PDA

View Full Version : Travel Advice (Edinburgh to Wembley Arena, London)

Ritchie
25-05-2011, 07:21 PM
i have to be at wembley arena on saturday the 11th of june at 9:00am

i will then be leaving wembley arena at about 5:30pm

i want to fly down in the morning & fly back up the same day after i leave wembley.

how long will it take me to get from the different airports to wembley?

gatwick seems to be the cheapest but is further away than heathrow.

also, how long before take off do you usually need to check in for a flight to edinburgh from london?

i have looked online but get contradicting answers so am hoping for advice from a .netter who is fairly familiar with London.

thanks in advance :aok:

Barney McGrew
26-05-2011, 06:08 AM
also, how long before take off do you usually need to check in for a flight to edinburgh from london?

For a domestic flight with most airlines you'll need to be checked in an hour before departure. If you're not taking any baggage and you check in online then that will buy you a bit more time, all you need to do is worry about getting through security and being at the departure gate about half an hour before you're due to go.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Not checked flight times, but, getting there for 0900 could be tricky. sleeper train or overnight bus might be best.

Hillsidehibby
26-05-2011, 09:19 AM
You will have to get your skates on if you have to be at Wembley Arena for 9am.

Heathrow is your best bet but flights usually dearer. The tube will take you to Wembley Park in around an hour and its a fairly short walk from there.

Gatwick and Stanstead Express takes around 45 mins into central London and tube will take you about 40 mins.

Beware there are usually works going on the tube at the weekends and times can be much longer.

My advice is to go the night before.

Ritchie
26-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys. :aok: