PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and see

Antifa Hibs
21-05-2011, 08:37 AM
For those too impatient to wait for the release date and found a leaked copy thanks to our friend Mr Torrent, what do you's think?

Only gave it one listen so far, it's okay, nothing more nothing less. Sure it will grow on me though. The difference in sound/style between this though Whatever People Say I Am is massive (A bit like The Stone Roses and Second Coming...).

Getting right into his pals album though (Miles Kane).

seanraff07
21-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Gave up on Arctic Monkeys after 'Humbug', thought it was terrible, a real let down considering I loved the first 2 albums, the 1st one particularly. I listened to the first single of this album 'Brick-by-Brick' and didn't think they'd improved at all really on 'Humbug'.

I agree with Miles Kane though he isn't bad at all :agree:

Thegreenside
21-05-2011, 11:20 PM
the change from young fast indie rock to fastish heavier rock was inevitable as the first two albums where wrote by teenagers and the latest where wrote by young men. tbh i love all their stuff:wink:

.Sean.
22-05-2011, 04:26 AM
The first album is ****ing superb, can't get into any later material though.

JE89
22-05-2011, 08:34 AM
The first album is ****ing superb, can't get into any later material though.

I'm the same. Downloaded latest one the other day, listened once but hasn't made me immediately put it on again. Although like all albums it takes 3 or 4 listens to decide if its good or not. Though they'll never be as good as the first album