PDA

View Full Version : What was the worst thread of the season?

spike220
19-05-2011, 11:10 PM
What was the worst thread of the season? or funniest? or the wildest rumours?

steakbake
19-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Humourless, moderator sir with all due respect etc. The worst thread is any one 'revealing' the latest sign of Hearts' long-spoke-about financial ruin. Been reading them for years and they never get any nearer to reality.

HNA6
19-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Humourless, moderator sir with all due respect etc. The worst thread is any one 'revealing' the latest sign of Hearts' long-spoke-about financial ruin. Been reading them for years and they never get any nearer to reality.Nah ..I enjoy those threads ..opinions eh ..

iwasthere1972
19-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Not this season but this one was funny

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?176979-Millwall-fan-can-t-work-out-how-a-season-ticket-works&highlight=millwall

steakbake
19-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Nah ..I enjoy those threads ..opinions eh ..

I loved the calendar signing thread. It could have been something. H.net could have had a visit from Norris McWhirter and Cheryl Baker by now. But it was torn from us and abandoned because 'someone' couldnt handle how popular it had become. Im still sore about it. Why...why did it have to be stolen from us?

HNA6
19-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I loved the calendar signing thread. It could have been something. H.net could have had a visit from Norris McWhirter and Cheryl Baker by now. But it was torn from us and abandoned because 'someone' couldnt handle how popular it had become. Im still sore about it. Why...why did it have to be stolen from us?I hated the calendar thread ...however I didnt move it nor do I know why ...glad it was moved though ..:agree:

steakbake
19-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I hated the calendar thread ...however I didnt move it nor do I know why ...glad it was moved though ..:agree:

Could it be reinstated if enough people contributed to a thread about it? Or a poll?

HNA6
19-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Could it be reinstated if enough people contributed to a thread about it? Or a poll?Very much doubt it mate ...

spike220
19-05-2011, 11:40 PM
I loved the calendar signing thread. It could have been something. H.net could have had a visit from Norris McWhirter and Cheryl Baker by now. But it was torn from us and abandoned because 'someone' couldnt handle how popular it had become. Im still sore about it. Why...why did it have to be stolen from us?

What was the Calendar Thread? and where can I find it?

steakbake
19-05-2011, 11:44 PM
You'll have to ask one of the moderators. They'll show you where it's buried.

spike220
19-05-2011, 11:47 PM
HNA6 - where can I view the Calendar Thread?

HNA6
19-05-2011, 11:54 PM
HNA6 - where can I view the Calendar Thread?It was stuck in the vault beside other "classics"...even I cant find the vault though ..it seems to be well hidden ..

Edit: Here it is ..http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?62046-re-calender-signing

spike220
20-05-2011, 12:48 AM
It was stuck in the vault beside other "classics"...even I cant find the vault though ..it seems to be well hidden ..

Edit: Here it is ..http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?62046-re-calender-signing

Just had a long... look through the Calander thread. Great Thread, Many of us could only dream of such a thread sprouting up! A proud moment for all involved.

steakbake
20-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Just had a long... look through the Calander thread. Great Thread, Many of us could only dream of such a thread sprouting up! A proud moment for all involved.

It was. But locked now. It is criminal.

Saorsa
20-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Just had a long... look through the Calander thread. Great Thread, Many of us could only dream of such a thread sprouting up! A proud moment for all involved.Really! I though it was a load of old cobblers.

HibbyAndy
20-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Really! I though it was a load of old cobblers.

:agree:

Complete waste of bandwith.

Jay
20-05-2011, 06:07 PM
:confused: How can you hate a thread? Surely you read it, find its not your cup of tea and never bother with it again? The calendar thread lost me after a few pages so I didnt look at it again.

Cant get my head round someone hating a thread or even having strong feelings against one. :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
20-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I loved the calendar signing thread.

Really! I though it was a load of old cobblers.

:agree:

Complete waste of bandwith.

Best thing about it - practically everyone had an opinion on the cylinder thread, whether pro or anti- :agree: :greengrin

And while there were no shortage of 'in-jokes', the doors were open to anyone who wanted to post on it. And they did. Like a big ball of rolled-up sellotape, it gathered up all the fluff and lint :agree:

HNA6
20-05-2011, 09:08 PM
:confused: How can you hate a thread? Surely you read it, find its not your cup of tea and never bother with it again? The calendar thread lost me after a few pages so I didnt look at it again.

Cant get my head round someone hating a thread or even having strong feelings against one. :greengrinYour right J ..hate is probably too strong a word ...I detested that thread ..absolute bollox it was & as Andy said above ..a complete waste of bandwidth ...:greengrin

Jay
20-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Your right J ..hate is probably too strong a word ...I detested that thread ..absolute bollox it was & as Andy said above ..a complete waste of bandwidth ...:greengrin

But it wasnt a waste of bandwidth if people who contribute to this site enjoyed it. Many dont use the arcade and would say the same about that but I wouldn't be a happy chappy (ess) if it was locked. Not saying the cal thread shouldnt have been locked just saying I dont think it was a waste of bandwidth given its popularity.

no arguing with you Mr 6 - honestly :greengrin

marinello59
20-05-2011, 09:32 PM
But it wasnt a waste of bandwidth if people who contribute to this site enjoyed it. Many dont use the arcade and would say the same about that but I wouldn't be a happy chappy (ess) if it was locked. Not saying the cal thread shouldnt have been locked just saying I dont think it was a waste of bandwidth given its popularity.

no arguing with you Mr 6 - honestly :greengrin

Oh yes you are. :agree:

(I am still smarting after my pantomime thread crashed and burned. )

R'Albin
20-05-2011, 09:38 PM
This is random but I'm a wee bit confused :confused: when exactly was Hibs.net founded?

Jay
20-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh yes you are. :agree:

(I am still smarting after my pantomime thread crashed and burned. )

No no no! :tsk tsk:

Just discussing different points of view in a friendly manner :not worth

:greengrin

greenlex
20-05-2011, 09:55 PM
This is random but I'm a wee bit confused :confused: when exactly was Hibs.net founded?

1875. We used pigeons.

bighairyfaeleith
20-05-2011, 10:52 PM
The thread is neil lennon

iwasthere1972
20-05-2011, 11:02 PM

1994. Top right hand side of page.

I remember it well. It was in black and white.

matty_f
20-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Best thing about it - practically everyone had an opinion on the cylinder thread, whether pro or anti- :agree: :greengrin

And while there were no shortage of 'in-jokes', the doors were open to anyone who wanted to post on it. And they did. Like a big ball of rolled-up sellotape, it gathered up all the fluff and lint :agree:

:agree: Calendar thread was/is brilliant.

The thread that got away, though, was the Dean Shiels one. That was one of the funniest threads ever (after the calendar thread).

ArabHibee
21-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Any thread started by our resident hun has to be the worst. Why he is tolerated on here, I'll never know.

BroxburnHibee
21-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Any thread started by our resident hun has to be the worst. Why he is tolerated on here, I'll never know.

Probably the same reason as we tolerate supporters from all teams. :wink:

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Any thread started by our resident hun has to be the worst. Why he is tolerated on here, I'll never know.No-one forces you to read his posts though ...but you know that anyway ..

Fwiw I actually dont mind his posts/threads ..some are actually better than a lot of the **** spewed out by hibbies ..

HNA6
21-05-2011, 09:34 AM

no arguing with you Mr 6 - honestly :greengrinThat's opinions for you then J..there is some absolute **** posted on here at times but some folk are happy to contribute to it ...unfortunately I have to read it, so at the very least I should be allowed to dislike it ..& criticise it ..& move it ..or delete it ...:greengrin

ArabHibee
21-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Probably the same reason as we tolerate supporters from all teams. :wink:
:tee hee: I totally agree with you, I have no issue with that, heck I don't even have a problem with the jambos that post on here but when someone hasn't been posting for months, then pops up and starts inflammatory threads, it somewhat irks me.

No-one forces you to read his posts though ...but you know that anyway ..

Fwiw I actually dont mind his posts/threads ..some are actually better than a lot of the **** spewed out by hibbies ..

Opinions, eh?

Jay
21-05-2011, 12:30 PM
That's opinions for you then J..there is some absolute **** posted on here at times but some folk are happy to contribute to it ...unfortunately I have to read it, so at the very least I should be allowed to dislike it ..& criticise it ..& move it ..or delete it ...:greengrin

Yeah I thought about that later last night - the admins have to read it I suppose.
At least I can choose not too - I'll give you this one Mr 6 :wink:

Admins are allowed to moan about threads! :thumbsup:

HNA6
21-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah I thought about that later last night - the admins have to read it I suppose.
At least I can choose not too - I'll give you this one Mr 6 :wink:

Admins are allowed to moan about threads! :thumbsup::aok:...:greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-05-2011, 01:11 PM
:agree: Calendar thread was/is brilliant.

The thread that got away, though, was the Dean Shiels one. That was one of the funniest threads ever (after the calendar thread).

That was favourite ever thread :agree:

Some random guy came on claiming to be Dean Shiels :greengrin He got the utter pish ripped out him and he kept digging himself mare and mare into a hole :hilarious

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 01:36 PM
That was favourite ever thread :agree:

Some random guy came on claiming to be Dean Shiels :greengrin He got the utter pish ripped out him and he kept digging himself mare and mare into a hole :hilarious

Can't find it in the vault, anywhere I could get a hold of that?:greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Can't find it in the vault, anywhere I could get a hold of that?:greengrin

No very sure mate, But it was a seriously good laugh :agree: A (Like most) Were pishing themselves with laughter.:greengrin

MSK
21-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Can't find it in the vault, anywhere I could get a hold of that?:greengrinWe didnt save it to the vault im afraid mate ..

FAO Jill ..yes that was quite a funny thread ..:greengrin

R'Albin
21-05-2011, 03:45 PM
What was the name of it? trying to find it in the search, sounds funny:greengrin

MSK
21-05-2011, 03:56 PM
What was the name of it? trying to find it in the search, sounds funny:greengrinIts gone ..the thread doesnt exist on the forums ..